Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

Did Guaranteed Caster banner, got Sanzang.  She was my most wanted non limited SSR that I lacked, so I'm very satisfied!

I also did some last second Yolo pulls with the new year tickets for Caster Gil and actually got him!

...now I have even more proof hell!

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1.1.2019 at 2:39 AM, MrSmokestack said:

Also, Assassin Li has a complete datamine now.

Spoiler

So he has Lancer Li's skills with upgrades. Guess it makes sense him being Li Shuwen.
They should have used the same deck though because QAABB is really awful for an Assassin with an Arts NP.

On 1.1.2019 at 8:27 AM, Sire said:

Why must all of my luck go to Dragalia Lost? I wanna Merlin and FGO stuffs, damnit!

Fool! Challenging multiple gachas means ten folds the salt!

On 1.1.2019 at 8:27 AM, Sire said:

As for the guaranteed summon, while I would like to do so, I am unsure about current funds.

If you can spare some of your funds, I would recommend to spend money now and abstain for the next 2 GSSRs.
This is the best GSSR you can roll on till the 3rd anniversary (if you plan to stay that long that is). Choosing classes greatly increases your chances of rolling a specific Servant and the permanent pool has still some quality material to offer.

-----

2018 treated me well. A (long) recap:

Spoiler

I started the year with Scathach and Tamamo as my only SSR's (I say only but I started around Okeanos, so my rolls were pretty much blessed) with notable SRs being NP2 Saber Alter, Emiya (Starter roll) and Heracles. For the first half of the year I was saving for Iskandar, knowing the Accel/Zero event is his only confirmed rate-up and he didn't get another appearance for a long time.

But alas human greed is always lurking somewhere and I was baited into pulling for Lancelot during the pre-event campaign. I was immediately mocked by Gilgamesh for this folly. If you know Fate/Zero you can probably see why I despaired after getting him. I abstained from more pulls even if it meant not getting Berserker riding a jet.

Lo and behold, despite my doomsaying I managed to get the King of Conquerors, meaning I was unshackled from strict savings and could freely invest my SQ for the rest of the year. Of course since I didn't have his overworked Master I immediately used the rest of my SQ on his rate-up but the results were NP2 Iskandar, Mordred and Vlad III.
Vlad was someone I was very interested in due to having Tamamo, so he was a pleasant surprise and narrowed down my choices for the New Year GSSR.

It's kinda funny how it worked out with Saber of Red. While I liked her in Apocrypha (being one of the few good characters) I was never planning to summon for her since she is a mediocre Servant with a very specific niche outside of farming. I already had a different SSR Saber in mind (Musashi) and the rolls before Rama joined as an excellent option. Considering how resource starved I was back then my plans were to leave her in the Second Archive.
But here I am, having reached max. ascension and 10/10/10 skills on her while other Servants have yet to receive such treatment. Somehow she didn't occupy any of my most contested resources so I had no reason to not level her up. That being said I also suffered from my first QP drought after this.
The game spites me one last time time with FSN Saber, marking the end of getting Zhuge Liang on this banner.

While I had my freedom I really didn't have the desire to pull from many banners. Most of the "meta" Servants like Raikou, Jeanne Alter or Summer Servants didn't interest me that much for various reasons, be it because of their design or personality. Still, I did throw some tickets and SQ here and there on random banners that might seem interesting but it never escalated into spending money.
... guess what, NP2 Scathach from the 3M Download banner and Ozymandias from the 1st Camelot banner. I don't know what's up with these rich bastards spooking me but I'm not going to complain; he is one of the best Riders in the game.

In July I rolled on the Anniversary GSSR for another chance in getting Zhuge Liang despite the low chances (since too many Servants share the pool). As I feared I got Nightingale instead. I don't like her personality that much but she was much better than getting some other SSRs (*cough* Medb *cough). The Singularity banner gave me nice presents in Helena Blavatsky and the rare Li Shuwen for a few tickets so I was still on a lucky streak.

But alas every string of luck finds its end. September marked the day where I wouldn't be satisfied with F2P SQ and it tied together with my biggest disappointment of this year; not getting Karna.
The one who came home was Artoria Lancer, with her Alter form in tow. I really don't care about both of them but I got several highly valuable CEs instead, namely Fragments of 2030 and Volumen Hydrargyrum, so objectively this wasn't a bad haul at all.
To be fair after browsing through the 2017 banners I found out that Karna has a solo rate-up which puts me in a far better position than someone who tried for a limited Servant but as far as my personal goals go this was my biggest low, especially after taking most of my spending this year.

A humorous turn of events was the Knight of the Round Table banner. I used all my F2P resources on it to get Lancelot. On the way I picked up the wrong Lancelot (aka Saberlot), Tristan and, here it comes, NP2 Rhongomyniad. This was ... unexpected.
But still with Berserkerlot joining my roster I had now all the original Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night Servants. Nice.

Of course like anyone who plays this game I rolled for Merlin in the last month. I tried far harder than I initially thought I would, spending even large amounts of money for him. Dunno what came over me but apparently I liked him too much after Babylonia (he is still a dick though in every sense of the word). Anyways, unlike some unfortunate souls I got him in the end; with tons of other loot, mind you. Enkidu, NP2 Saber, NP2 Tamamo and dozens of SRs, including Caster Gilgamesh. That was ... pretty insane, I would say.
Actually if I think about it I got every single Servant of the 1st Babylonia banner while rolling on this one. Another evidence for rate-up being a lie.

tldr; I suceeded in almost all of my goals for 2018 and can't complain about it at all. I have 17 SSRs to show, 12 different Servants, including the highly coveted Merlin. On top of that I pulled dozens of SRs and fantastic CEs like 2030 or Kaleidoscope which further support the fact I was really lucky with my pulls.
... on the other hand I was subjected to mats hell over the entire year and I still have a long way to go. This is truly hell.

SSR:
- Scáthach (NP2)
- Tamamo no Mae (NP2, 1 from GSSR1)
- Gilgamesh
- Iskandar (NP2)
- Mordred
- Vlad III
- Artoria Pendragon (NP2)
- Ozymandias
- Nightingale (GSSR2)
- Artoria Pendragon [Lancer] (NP2)
- Enkidu
- Merlin
- Zhuge Liang (GSSR3)
- Jack the Ripper

SR:
- EMIYA (NP3)
- Heracles (NP2)
- Elizabeth Bathory
- Martha (NP3)
- Marie Antoinette (NP2)
- Artoria Pendragon Alter (NP2)
- Siegfried
- Chevalier d'Eon
- Atalante (NP2)
- Fionn whatever
- Rama
- EMIYA [Assassin] (NP2)
- Astolfo
- Li Shuwen
- Helena Blavatsky (NP2)
- Artoria Pendragon Alter [Lancer]
- Lancelot [Saber]
- Lancelot (NP3)
- Tristan
- Anne Bonny & Mary Read
- Nitocris (NP2)
- Carmilla
- Medusa [Lancer]
- Gilgamesh [Caster] (NP2)
- Nursery Rhyme
- Frankenstein

Anyone else feeling like to share their stories with Lady Luck?

----

Rolled GSSR and finally got Zhuge Liang. The King's Army is assembled, let us go to conquer the world! NP2 Helena was a nice bonus, too.
I used the rest of my paid SQ from the Merlin session and the NY goodies on Musashi. Didn't get her ... Jack came home instead. Alongside Nursery Rhyme and Frankenstein. You all just stay in the Archives, I don't want to go to jail.
Not gonna lie, Jack is probably my least favourite Servant in the Fate universe. Thankfully SF Berserker remedies this stain.

Well, I'm off to 2019 with exactly 0 SQ and 0 Tickets. That will go well, right?

Edited by Magus of Memery

I just started last week (got what was recommended most for rerolling) and I'd like to ask if any of you could please share a link to a post or something containing useful every links to valuable info. Thanks in advance

Edited by silveraura25

42 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I just started last week (got what was recommended most for rerolling) and I'd like to ask if any of you could please share a link to a post or something containing useful every links to valuable info. Thanks in advance

reddit has some good links.

For a guide about F2P Servants (casually points to signature).

1 hour ago, Magus of Memery said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So he has Lancer Li's skills with upgrades. Guess it makes sense him being Li Shuwen.
They should have used the same deck though because QAABB is really awful for an Assassin with an Arts NP.

Spoiler

Nope. I much prefer his newer deck myself. Lancer Li’s NP gain is quite bad due to his lower base gain and his Quicks having the same number of hits as his Arts. The extra buster card lets him hit much harder on say, BNPB (put that crit damage to some good use!), or if you want to Arts brave chain. There aren’t any situations where you want to use his Quicks due to meh stargen and NP fill.

Having Li myself his Quicks are really noticeable. He’s good, but his SSR version is a nice improvement. Shame his NP is only one hit.

Oh boy.

Spoiler

So far, I have not spent any money other than on GSSR banners. Keep that in mind.

I started 2018 with exactly one SSR, Tamamo, who I got from the first Thanksgiving event. I had a few other gold servants but Saber Alter was most notable.

I was in an Umu mood after being introduced to Extraverse, so I tried for Nero in Saber Wars. I got her in 240 sq, but not before my first gacha SSR in MHX.

After that, I wouldn’t roll again until Da Vinci so as to maximize my chances of getting Jeanne Alter. With 712 sq saved for her, she mercifully came on the third 10 roll. Grailed her to 100 before the event was out and got her 10/10/10 by Rashomon.

Wanting a farming Berserker other than Spartacus, I rolled 180 quartz on F/Z and got NP2 Lancelot in the final 10 roll. On the way there, Tamamo decided to show up again for no apparent reason.

It was around this time that I installed JP. I was lucky and netted a free starter account with Achilles, a nice assortment of golds, and no quartz. Rushing through the story to play GUDAGUDA3, Okita Alter was flavor of the month. Defying all expectations, she came on the very first 10 roll.

Camelot released on NA some time later. A single 10 roll on a whim got me Ozymandias. After that was GSSRs for both servers. I got Jack in NA and Sherlock in JP.

Summer was very lucrative on both accounts. Among other things, I got Artoria Archer, NP2 Martha, and NP3 Marie (and lots of event CEs) in 450 sq. Altera also came from tickets. On JP, in 390 quartz I got NP4 Medb and NP1 MHXX. What changed my JP experience forever though, was Summer BB showing up on the second 10 roll. I wasn’t even trying for her, but in a wonderful twist of fate I ultimately grailed her to Lv 100 during Battle for New York.

After that was Fate/Zero’s rerun in JP. In just 6 tickets I finally had a Waver for myself. On a whim, I spent the rest of my tickets and got Saber. She became my third Lv 100 servant between both accounts during Battle for New York as well.

Next was Prisma Illya. I rolled primarily for Nursery Rhyme, but Illya, NP2 Helena, NP4 Martha, and NP2 d’Eon answered instead. The latter two were Bond 10, so I much appreciated the extra bump in NP.

My Robin Hood in JP was still NP4, so when I saw he had a rate up for the 15M download campaign, I figured a few tickets wouldn’t hurt. Who did I get instead? Circe and NP2 Waver.

NA was mostly mum for the latter half of the year, but JP had other ideas. Sitonai came in 90 quartz, and while rolling for Yu Miaoyi, Qin Shi Huang decided to make his appearance on the first 10 roll.

After that, NA had the second Thanksgiving event. After a turbulent late-night experience in Discord voice chat, I got Void Shiki in 90 quartz. Saber Lancelot decided to spook beforehand which wasn’t very good for my heart though.

I was initially against rolling for Merlin when the Solomon banner dropped, but at the very last minute I had a change of heart. I rolled 210 sq and he came, along with several CEs I had been missing from over a year of playing, including Kaleidoscope and MLB Black Grail.

With almost no quartz left on either account, I rolled on GSSR for each. JP completely blew away my expectations;  Scathach and Amakusa appeared in the same 10 roll, and Ozymandias showed up from tickets while rolling for Gilgamesh. NA was a lot less exciting, with just Vlad III being my first SSR Berserker.

Altogether, I rolled a total of 23 SSRs in 2018 between both accounts. Excluding duplicates, I currently have 20 unique SSRs. I don’t even want to start counting my non-welfare SRs because of how many I’ve gotten here and there, duplicates and all.

In NA:

Tamamo NP2

MHX

Jeanne Alter

Ozymandias

Jack

Altera

Artoria Archer

Illya

Void Shiki

Merlin

Vlad III

In JP:

Achilles

Okita Alter

Sherlock

Summer BB

Waver NP2

Saber

Sitonai

Qin Shi Huang

Scathach

Amakusa

Ozymandias

While 2018 completely blew away my expectations, I’m not out of gacha hell yet. For just SSRs in 2019 I’m already staring down having to roll MHXA, Meltlilith, Maid Alter, and Hokusai. Even in JP I’ve been wanting the new Saber. Let’s see how much longer my luck holds up.

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

https://grandorder.wiki/Main_Page

All you’ll ever need ^ and Cirnopedia as well.

I’ve been preparing my own write-up which should done in a few days, if you’re interested in seeing that as well. I also have a guide on GameFAQs for one of the game mechanics.

For my GSSR roll I got:

Capture1.PNG

The target I was aiming for. While she is the tankest servant in the game I wish her skill set was better. Perhaps a higher star gen for her first skill, a seal skill and np for her second, or a buff removal for her third. Something to improve her team support even more.  

@MrSmokestack

Spoiler

The thing is Old Li has a 2-hit Arts and 4-hit Quick with 0.99 (compared to Li's mediocre 0.52 with 3-hits on both types). His NP gain would be fantastic with a 2nd Quick card and as an Assassin he would be able to produce copious amounts of stars at the same time.
With that sweet 5-hit Extra that would have resulted him in being able use to his NP more often, which would allow him to stack the Def down on his NP. Combined with his fantastic Crit niche that would have carved a far stronger niche for him imo.

With the 2nd Buster he might be able to deal more damage with his normal cards but ironically his base Atk is almost the same as his Lancer self, once class modifier are included. Doesn't help it's a typicial 1-hit Buster so eh.

Btw. wasn't it you who said that playing the same game over 2 regions is not a good idea?

Spoiler

Ah I see what you mean. It’s a missed opportunity yeah. Looks like he’s meant more as a statstick in a similar vein to KH. With the myriad Arts supports he could get a little too crazy with better gains.

39 minutes ago, Magus of Memery said:

Btw. wasn't it you who said that playing the same game over 2 regions is not a good idea?

Yes.

2 hours ago, Magus of Memery said:

Sure, I only have around half of a year to recap, but a lot of stuff happened pull-wise:

Spoiler

I started this game with Stheno and Carmilla as my tutorial SRs. New player guides described Stheno as a pitiful pull, but Carmilla was rated highly enough that I decided to stick with this roll despite not getting Heracles. 

It didn't take long for me to get another SR, with Nitocris coming to my Chaldea on my second day with the game. She was the first of the various pharaohs that would come to join me during the year, with Ozymandias gracing me with his magnificence a couple of days later. And I must say, boy am I glad I got these two. Nitocris is a godsend for farming nodes with bronze and even silver mooks and Ozymandias carried me through a lot of tough fights. Him also having the nice utility of giving 20 NP works great with Kscope Nitocris to allow her to NP twice in a row. 

By that time, the first anniversary of the game had come around and I decided to throw some Quartz at the 4 horsemen GSSR to see if I could get my hands on Waver, Tamamo or Cu Alter. Jack was the servant that came to greet me and while I'm still not much of a fan of her design and personality, I've come to really appreciate how good she is gameplay wise. Getting 50+ stars with a Quick brave chain or seeing her fill out her NP right after using it is pretty satisfying. 

Got another SSR not too long after with Da Vinci, making her the third SSR I got in my first week with the game, which definitely got me pumped. Now though, I must say that though she was useful at various points in the story, I barely use her anymore, with Nitocris usually being my go to AoE caster.

That's where my beginners luck ended for the most part, not that I could be disappointed considering what I got. The following months, I didn't get really anything beside NP3 Stheno and NP3 Nitocris, despite being fairly liberal with my quartz. 

This brings me to October and the Jalter banner. I had heard all the hype around Jalter, but since a lot of servants I really wanted were coming up, I had initially decided to refrain from pulling. I finally decided to do one full roll on her banner with some leftover funds from a gift cards. This turned out to be a great decision since this roll turned out to be my luckiest full roll with the game yet, with NP4 Nitocris leading the way for 2 Jalters. Apparently not really wanting a servant is the key to getting them to NP 2 in a single roll. 

Then, as to really solidify my apparent affinity with pharaoh servants, Cleopatra joined my Chaldea a couple of days later.

Then the Thanksgiving banner was announced. I had been looking forward to the New Year since I was interested in all the servants on it except for Illya. I was surprised to see that banner moved up so soon, with Shuten and Raikou replacing Kintoki and Ishtar, but I decided I would focus on the 3 characters I wanted the most : Iskandar, Schathach and Gilgamesh, though I would limit my spending to 120 quartz : 1 full roll for each + 1 on the final day. Iskandar eluded me on his solo rate up, though I did get Rama, giving me my first non welfare golden saber. Schathach greeted me on her rate-up day, and though i didn't get the King of Heroes, I did get Emiya, giving me an AoE golden archer. 

Up till now, I had been incredibly with the Gacha, often getting the SSRs I wanted on the first or second full roll. So it was time for me to experience the full depth of the salt hell when the Ishtar banner came around. I probably ended up spending 700 quartz on that banner without getting a single SSR. But boy did I get a bunch of SRs. Berserker Lancelot  was the first one to greet me, before being followed by Fionn, Astolfo, Beowulf, a second Fionn a rare prism, Saber Lancelot, Frankenstein, NP2 Rama, NP2 Ibaraki and Helena. And then, on the very last day of her banner, after I had pretty much given up hope, I decided to do a single pull. Turns out the end of the semester was getting to me more than I thought since I ended up accidentally spending 30 quartz on a full pull instead, with Ishtar appearing as the second to last roll of that session. 

After that came the Merlin banner. I spent all the SQ I had planned to spend on him without getting him, though I did get NP2 Helena, NP2 Zerkerlot and Marie Antoinette. However, on the morning of the 26, I decided I would give myself a small Christmas present and do 1 last 10-roll for the Mage of Flowers and was rewarded with Merlin himself gracing my Chaldea. 

So at the end of 2018 and 7 months of playing the game, as an occasional spender, I can't say I'm disappointed with what I got. And 2019 started on a bang with Tamamo gbeing my GSSR and Musashi and NP3 Helena greeting me on my first pull from the New Year banner. 

For the future, getting Tamamo really excites me since I'm eager to try if using double Tamamo or Helena + Tamamo alongside Da Vinci can make her shine more. Aside from that, I got a lot good buster servants this year on top of Merlin, so I'll be able to buster meme a lot bosses and am especially curious to experience Jalter + double Merlin. 

The downside to the last few weeks being so lucky though is that I don't have the materials needed to promote them and that my progress on leveling my low rarity servants is extremely slow. 

For the rest of 2019, I'm not out of the woods yet. I'd like to get MHXA, Okita, Osakabehime and Ereshkigal are all SSRs servants I hope to get during the coming year and despite getting lucky on the New Year banner, I'll spend on the Shimosa banners for Tomoe Gozen and Kato Danzou. 

For now though, I have to go back to grinding for all the materials I'm missing for my current roster.

Current Roster (without the welfare) :

SSR:

• Musashi
  • Ishtar
  • Scathach
  • Ozymandias
  • Leonardo Da Vinci
  • Merlin
  • Tamamo
  • Jack the Ripper
  • Cleopatra
  • NP2 Jalter

SR:

• Rama
  • Lancelor (Saber)
  • Emiya
  • Fionn
  • Astolfo
  • Marie Antoinette
  • NP4 Nitocris
  • NP3 Helena
  • NP3 Stheno
  • Carmilla
  • NP2 Lancelot (Berserker)
  • NP2 Ibaraki
  • Beowulf
  • Frankenstein

2018 in retrospective? Let's see... (Random Note: Going back in time for the start of 2018 of this topic is page 55. That's a lot of pages!)

Spoiler

I started in October of 2017, after becoming disillusioned with Fire Emblem Heroes. At the start of 2018, I had Orion, OG Saber, and Tamamo Mae (GSSR). SRs of note are Lancer Artoria (Alter), Carmilla, Heracles, and Tamamo Cat (Tutorial Summon). SRs do not count welfares.

For Saber Wars, my main goal was trying for Saber Alter, with Nero or MHX being a bonus. I ended up getting Mysterious Heroine X on an impatient pull. I tried again for Saber Alter, and was greeted with this instead.

In February, I discovered my affinity for awesome craft essences. I got my 3rd Fragment of 2030 and a copy of Tamamo Cat. I also discovered how awesome KnK was (I still need to get around to finishing that, I think I only got 4 movies in.)

For March, we got the Prison Tower event. My attempt to get Dantes ended in failure (which was fueled by my obsession with Dangonronpa at the time). I also discovered how lame the NA livestream was. I also finished the American singularity which was okay.

We start April with bad luck rolling for Jalter, but Jeanne d'Arc (Alter) eventually decided to show up. I also begin to regret my decision on not trying for Halloween Bathory as I lacked an AoE caster. The Fate/Zero event also began, and my stockpile of FP was spent an attempt to get Angra Mainyu (still don't have him yet, but I've been stockpiling FP again). As an aside, the F/Z event was awesome! I was blessed with the event and managed to MLB two His Rightful Place CEs.

May opens up with me getting Kerry (Assassin EMIYA). I also started to watch Fate Apocrypha (Bleach out everything involving Sieg, and it can be enjoyable). We also had the FGO Reddit blow up when doing server comparisons. Upon further review, the uproar settled down as NA was not being screwed over as hard as initially presumed.

In June I decided on getting FSN EMIYA for my free 4* due to his bonuses in events. I also tried for Scathach in June and failed miserably. The Go West event was also a thing that happened. The best thing to happen is Camelot. Camelot was amazing!

For July, I did another GSSR role and got myself Nightingale. The Summer Event was also going on. I wanted Archer Artoria and Tamamo Lancer, but got Rider Mordred for my troubles. Clairvoyance granted me visions of a buff to OG Artoria, so I will be looking forward to that when it happens.

We continue the Summer Event into August, but we do not speak of Part II. What we do speak of is the Prisma Illya event, which was fun enough for what it was. Sadly, no Illya or Miyu CE for me

September has Nerofest, but I did not really get to participate due to the Torna DLC for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 coming out. Not much of note happened for me during September.

October-wise, I got Halloween Bathony from the rerun (I skipped her during my first run since I just started). Clairvoyance features Illya as Sitonai, which is another thing to "wait and hope" for. I also got myself Rama from a whimsical roll on the Jalter banner, and Saberlot from the Knights of the Round.

November comes around and I manage to get myself Scathach. Scathach indirectly introduced me to FGO after seeing her design in someone's signature or somewhere in the FEH's forum here. She was also a character I initially wanted to summon when I started, so that's pretty good! However, after Scathach, the despair begins...

December. 95 total summons for Ishtar, and I got absolutely nothing. For Merlin, maybe around 60 summons, and I got nothing (Okay, I got Atalanta). At least Babylon and Solomon were awesome! Many tears were shed. Barbotos revival pls

So yeah, this took a bit longer than expected, but there's me luck and retrospective thingy.

TLDR List

Spoiler

Start of 2018:
- SSR: Orion, Artoria, Tamamo Mae
- SR: Lancer Artoria (Alter), Carmilla, Heracles, Tamamo Cat // (Welfares)

Desired Servants
- Saber Alter
- Nero (Bonus)
- Dantes (Bonus)
- Iskander

- Scathach
- Archer Artoria
- Tamamo Lancer (Bonus)
- Illya (EMIYA Family)
- Ishtar
- Merlin

Obtained Servants
- Mysterious Heroine X
- Tamamo Cat NP 2
- Jalter (Jeanne d'Arc Alter)
- Kerry (Assassin EMIYA)
- FSN EMIYA (4* Ticket)
- Nightingale
- Rider Mordred
- Rama
- Saberlot (Lancelot Saber)
- Scathach
- Atalanta

26 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

For this year in FGO, what are some new significant servants to look forward to?

A lot.

Spoiler

The 5*s vary wildly in quality, with some being downright terrible and a few being top-tier servants. Overall though, the SR selection is by far the best of next year’s servants.

For SSRs to look forward to:

MHXA

Meltlilith

Hokusai

Abigail

Nero Caster

Sherlock

King Hassan

Among SRs, pretty much all of the Summer servants save Helena are fantastic. Raikou in particular is considered the best Lancer, period.

Some overlooked SRs include Circe, Parvati, Suzuka, and Passionlip. Yagyu, Lobo, and EMIYA (Alter) on the other hand are as good as they’re hyped up to be. If you’re into waifus there’s also Tomoe, Sheba, and Danzou.

I should bring some attention to Parvati real quick. She’s one of if not the best Skadi partner in the game after Lancelot and Dante. Her kit is overloaded, her cards are amazing, and her usual weakness, low Attack, is offset by having good synergy with one of the most busted supports in the game.

22 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

For this year in FGO, what are some new significant servants to look forward to?

Doublepost because I do not want to edit and somehow lose the wall of text I just wrote.

Remember that NA may not exactly follow JP's schedule, but looking at the following link... (My dates are rough estimations, not exact or accurate.)
https://grandorder.wiki/Summoning_Campaigns_(2017/2019)

January:
- Musashi
- Ishtar
- Kintoki (Berserker)
- King Hassan
- Dantes

Feburary
- Da Vinci
- Mysterious Heroine X (Alter)
- James Moriarty
- Yan Qing
- Hessian Lobo

March
- EMIYA (Alter)
- Arthur (Prototype)

- Amakusa Shirou
- Okita Souji

April
- Hijikata Toshizou
- Nero (Bride)
- Gilgamesh

May
- Meltlilith
- Passionlip
- Suzuka Gozen
- Sessyoin Kiara

- Ishtar

June
- Shuten-Douji
- Minamoto-no-Raikou
- Scheherazade
- Wu Zetian
- Penthesilea

July
- Tamamo Lancer
- Anne & Mary (Archer)
- Kiyo Lancer
- Rider Mordred
- Archer Artoria
- Marie (Caster)
- Punch Saint (Martha Ruler)

August
- Sherlock Holmes
- Nero (Caster)
- Fran (Saber)
- Nitocris (Assassin)
- Nobu (Berserker)
- Artoria (Rider Alter, Maid Artoria Alter)
- Helena (Archer)
- Raikou (Lancer)

- Illya

September
- Brynhild
- Nero (Bride)
- Okita
- Hijikata Toshizou
- Merlin
- Da Vinci

October
- Parvati
- Musashi
- Tomoe Gozen
- Chiyome
- Hozoin Inshun

- Shuten-Douji
- Minamoto-no-Raikou
- Munenori Yagyu
- Kato Danzou
- Osakabehime

November
- Amakusa Shirou
- Ishtar
- King Hassan
- Circe
- Nezha

December
- Abigail
- Queen of Sheba
- Ereshkigal

January 2019
- Katsushika Hokusai
- Other important people, this post long as is.

My salt intensifies when I see half of my friend list with Musashi, I know many are whales and the like but still....

- - - 

Doing a recap sounds fun, although for me it'll be less than a year because I started a month or two before the Da Vinci event. 

Spoiler

I started playing a little before Jalter arrived so it would be around late March, I wanted her a lot but not enough to become a saltmine if I didn't get her. Luckily for me I was a bit familiar with this game after my failure playing it at launch I wasted like 5 SQ on the Altera boss in Septem

Everything began pretty simple with my tutorial Liz, Mash and Medea who were my main servants at the time. Anyways, I managed to get up to the beginning of London without too much trouble but then I hit a wall there because my levels were too low and I didn't had QP nor mats to ascend my servants which left me in the stumps grinding embers for a week or two. 

Then the Da Vinci event began in April and the Jalter gave me quite a few servants in Martha, Helena, Carmilla and Arjuna but Jalter herself didn't show up. I had a very hard time trying to get a lot of boxes in that event but luckily enough I managed to get a competent team and be able to finish London and America. I always found it funny how the story Helena talked a lot about being enemies when she was with me since before the chapter began. 

In May I got an EMIYA Assassin from one of my CE rolls during the F/Z event, I really liked that event, although I still had a semi hard time because I didn't had a lot diversity in my servant roster and Carmilla couldn't do everything by herself. Despite that I managed to grab the NP5 Irisviel which is pretty nice even if I barely use her.

Then the JttW event happened and gave me the 1st ticket SSR I got in the form of Sanzang. It was crazy because she showed up in the 2nd or 3rd ticket and then 2 tickets later I got Li Shuwen (I really need to finish leveling him up, he's been in the backburner for a long while now). I rolled for her in a whim but thanks to her event I really got to like her character and she has become my go to answer when it comes to annoying Assassin enemies.

Then Camelot arrived. Luckily for me I absolutely adored Euryale in Okeanos so I had her at level 90 10/10/10 which helped me breeze through the chapter with the exception of Ruler Lancelot who was extremely bulky for some reason. A highlight is that while everybody was hyping up Gawain as the toughest boss in the world for me he felt like a chump but Lancer Arturia was tough as hell and made me use my CS just to beat her even if people say that Bedivere+Mash destroy her. From the banners I got a Saberlot when I felt like throwing a few tickets because I was goofing around, and he's as beastly as people said.

From there time passed pretty smoothly until the Summer event arrived in July. I had a moment of weakness for Kiyolancer and decided to throw a few tickets at the banner but instead of getting what I wanted I got a spooky Tamalancer. It felt weird to get the SSR despite them being rarer but she was welcome in my Chaldea and has been pretty awesome, even if I don't use her that much because I'm a bit paranoid about her skills demerits, although it seems many in my friend list got her because I saw tons of NP2 Tamalancers during that time.

Part two of the Summer event was awful because it was my first time experimenting how relentless the gacha can be. I couldn't get Summer Martha until the very last minute of the last day with the Master Mission SQ. Not to mention the spooks like Yuri Pirates and other stuff that made me lose hope. I consider myself lucky because I very well could've ended with a Summer Marie in that banner which would've made me a saltmine.

From there it was quite uneventful (I got quite a few good servants like Salter, Vlad Extra, etc.) until Christmas arrived. At the time I was looking for CEs to reduce the grind but Ishtar decided to show up instead. It was funny because I never planned to get her and only cared about Eresh atm. Well, that line of thought was wrong. Babylonia came shortly after and it showed that Ishtar is a pretty good character and certainly one I appreciate in my Chaldea, although I still prefer Eresh because she's on the diabetes levels of cuteness, but Ishtar seems quite popular among my friend list so she'll be there for a long time. I also came to like Salter a lot too because she really put in lots of work during that Lancer infested singularity, she really earned those Wc Donalds burgers.

Solomon was a very epic way to end 2018 and I loved every second of the story (the farming got a bit tiresome halfway through but it was worth it thanks to the bunch of mats the pillar piñatas offered).

And for 2019 I hope to get Musashi, Meltlilith and Eresh. It's funny how last year I was super hyped for the summer event but this time around I don't care about it. 

Hm, an overview of my luck the past year?  It was something like this:

Spoiler

Well, in 2017, I didn't really play FGO much.  I had an account and all, but like, early events were trash, lets be real here.

Anyway, going into 2018 I had one SSR (Altera) who showed up instead of Waver once.  I had a few SRs, notably a NP2 Emiya and Siegfried.  That's about it though.

I was largely saving quartz waiting on Iskandar.  On a random whim I rolled on CBC and got Waver and that's really when I started playing the game for real.  I really, really like Waver and having him was motivation to actually play again.  Thanks random luck I love you too.  It's also probably notable I was having a bad stint of shitty luck on FEH at the time with VRoy refusing me.  

Anyway, few more months of saving quartz went by, tragically having to skip over Rama's banner because the greatest of bros was right around the corner.

On Zero Accel Banner I had 540 quartz saved I got Kiritsugu after 60 quartz and Iskandar on the 10 pull after that.  A week into the event I did a random impulsive 10 roll for Volumen Hydragyrum, failed to get it but that 10 pull did give me a second Iskandar.  I also got a Herc on a ticket sometime during this event so that was cool.

Did a ten pull on Onigashima for Ibaraki came out empty handed.  Oh well.  Same for Lartoria's first banner, though that had Marie I think.  And Summer Mordred.

First anniversary Guaranteed kinda sucked.  I got a second Altera and basically nothing else.  I even changed my ign to IHATEALTERA in my saltiness.  

Random tickets in Prisma got me Anne and Mary

fast forward a few months and we reach the random singularity bait banners that had Bedivere.  I did a 10 pull hoping for some extra copies, didn't get any but walked out with Lancer Artoria. 

I also started playing JP around this time because I got a new phone.  Zero Accel rerun was announced like a day after Poly gave me one of his alts.  With Saber Diarmuid.  I rushed through America from the end of Septem, but ended up not getting either Saber Diarmuid or Iskandar because gacha sempai hates me on JP.  it's a recurring theme.

Pulling tickets for Tamamo got me Mordred like, three days after the Lartoria, I also pulled Berserkerlot around then.  Oniland had the only time I pulled on JP and got a focus I wanted, giving me best Banana, though I did pull about 120 quartz total hoping for Sitonai but failed there.

A while later pulling tickets on knights of the round got me Artoria og.  Every permanent 5* Saber is mine on NA. 

Xmas Rerun got me a third Emiya on a ticket.  

Gil at thanksgiving took about 300 quartz to come home.  I also got a Nursery Rhyme, a second Anne and Mary, a second Herc, and Fran.

Pulled on Ishtar's banner mainly for Waver CE.  took 150 quartz to MLB it.  I got NP2 Nursery Rhyme, Tamacat, Extra Vlad, and NP2 Fran in the meantime.  Around that time on JP I dumped around 370 quartz on Lanling because he is a perfect and beautiful Chinese Diarmuid and failed, walking out with a second Herc, Berserker Vlad, Yan Qing, and Atalante Alter.  

Had 468 quartz going into Merlin banner.  Walked out with Saberlot, Helena, NP2 Martha, NP2 Kiritsugu (funny story here, the night before I had been messing with a summon simulator and it kept giving me him.  A friend and I joked gamepress put him on "secret rate up," while I was rolling I was in a call with the same friend and his immediate reaction to me saying "gold assassin" was "it's Kiritsugu isn't it?"  Also said friend got Merlin in 10 tickets), got D'Eon on a ticket a few days later.  After a while I bought some quartz with the intent of using the paid ones on GSSR and the free ones on Merlin, got Merlin on the 10 pull done with said free bonus quartz.  

On the GSSR I got Sanzang, who is cute and huggable.  The real kicker, however, was what the tickets from the new years bonus got me.  For whatever reason, the Merlin and Babylonia banners did not go away promptly after reset when the GSSR went up.  I spent the NY tickets as a last ditch effort for Caster Gil (if Merlin came home early I would have dumped my remaining quartz on him) and he came home.  magical.

Overall, these are my spoils of 2018:

SSR/NA

• Waver
  • Iskandar x2
  • Altera (GSSR, dupe)
  • Artoria (Lancer)
  • Mordred
  • Artoria
  • Gilgamesh
  • Merlin
  • Xuanzang Sanzang (GSSR)

SR/NA:

• Emiya (Assassin) x2
  • Hercules x2
  • Marie Antoinette
  • Anne Bonny and Mary Read x2
  • Lancelot (Berserker)
  • Nursery Rhyme x2
  • Frankenstein x2
  • Tamamo Cat
  • Vlad III (Extra) 
  • Lancelot (Saber)
  • Helena Blavatsky
  • Chevalier D'Eon
  • Gilgamesh (Caster)
  • A third Emiya
  • A second Martha

SSR/JP:

• Vlad III (Apocrypha)

SR/JP:

• Ibaraki Douji
  • Hercules (dupe)
  • Yan Qing
  • Atalante (Alter)

Edited by Glaceon Mage

I would make recap but im pretty sure most of you knows what its going to be

the best start to my recap is without a doubt 2017, pulling

Heracles on Lancer Alter banner, followed by Lancer Alter with tickets. At this point, my whole inventory is basically Saber Alter, Wellfares, EMIYA from GudaGuda random roll NP2 SiegfriedAltera spook during Siegfried attempts, a Waver

Lancer Alter was when i feel i'm set for servants for the rest of the year until Saber Lancelot, but things didnt quite go that way

To be exact, i pretty much didnt summon anything for the next few events until America. For America i rolled with 35 ish ticket and a 10 roll in hope to getting Rama only to get Helena

Da Vinci was surprisingly a lucrative moments, with me trying to roll the amazing Art oif Death CE only to get it at 150 Quartz in, getting Nightingale and 2 Beowulf in the process

On the other hand, for the raid events, i had a good times rushing them to the point i cleared Rashomon and Onigashima by day 2, with event CE up on my Waver pretty soon

After this i pretty much went on a roll hiatus until 28th of June when Camelot comes around. This is where i dropped 500+ and all tickets on my stock. It was a wild roll, with Tamamo spooks 440 Quartz in, i get 0 Saberlot. Ozymandias comes at 470 Roll, and the first Saberlot on 500 and 530 quartz in. Along the way i get NP3 Nitocris

Camelot 2, otoh was one with very few resource on hand, so my attempts at Gawain failed to bring anything, with Yuri Rider spooks out of nowhere. I got Yuri Rider back in Da Vinci, so this one is an NP2

For Anniversary, i managed to nab a Ticketed Da Vinci while rolling for CE for lolz. This is when i decided to roll GSSR, using curry restaurant as a Catalyst, getting Arjuna

The real hell of this period was farming 84 Medals for Saberlot. I actually ended up farming 68 total before Summer event begins, resulting in 10/10/10 Saberlot by Summer 1 Events. This is where i basically started using Saberlot for absolutely everything - Summer event basically become a Saberlot spam session sicne he usually get a partial event drop bonus in most nodes. Summer 2, i tried a single 30 Quartz roll for  lulz and get Marie Caster

I didnt roll anything until Nerofest trying to maximize my grind speed, a 30 roll gave me Nero and some 4* and 3* event CE

For obvious reason, Nerofest was basically spam Saberlot as much as i possibly can, using him on every CQ but Gilgamesh, and every event node for currency farming

My next roll session is during Camelot 1 banner rerun where i tried to roll NP5 Bedivere. I get 3 copy of Bedivere, a copy of Siegfried, and another of Saberlot bringing them both to NP3

On the Round Table banner, i actually roll 30 for the first rotation only to get NP2 Saber Alter. I didnt roll again until near the final day which is the anniversary of a discord server for FGO i am in  which nabs me a back to back Mordred and Lancer Artoria

After this i bought some quartz to prepare for New Year GSSR,  i rolled 30 on Babylon, getting Drake, and some ticket rolls later i got Caster Gil. A ramdom ticket on later date also gave me Kiritsugu. Also i manage to get Merlin in the process to complete my Support Caster collection

I ended up starting JP when i heard we're having free SR ticket, picking Fionn. My first roll servant was Tamacat`. I didn't actually roll for much until finishing Babylon and trying for Enkidu during which i got Enkidu, and guess what, Saberlot as my first rolled SR on JP. Later on i got Altera making her 2 times second SSR on both of my account in JP and NA. I got a bunch of goodies trying to roll MLB Christmas 2017 CE, to no avail. With 2019 event, i tried to roll Fionn only to get a reminder of my support and saber affinity getting Enma instead

overall i have 12 SSR and 30 SR, not counting NP level on NA. Its been a good year thats better than my expectations, since i pretty much got all my target and sub-targets. [/spoiler[

Highlight of the year is predicting Christmas Eirika though @Alexmender

Looking at the Servants available for 2019, if I could narrow them down to my top 5, they would probably be...

1. King Hassan
2. Ishtar
3. Eresh
4. Merlin
5. Maid Artoria

Honorable Mentions: Dantes, Mysterious Heroine X (Alter), Arthur (Prototype), Archer Artoria, Brynhild, Tomoe Gozen, Kato Danzou

In other news, I managed to get some funds for the GSSR roll. I wanted a Waver of my own, but Sanzang would have been okay (JotW and Camelot made me want her to join Chaldea). The following was my result.

JHGyx2t.png

At first I was a bit disappointed when Tamamo Mae showed up again, but took comfort in the fact best wife wanted to take care of me. (I got her from a GSSR last year, so now I have NP2 Tamamo) Right after that Waver himself showed up. I thought how ridiculous it would be if I also got Sanzang and the golden card raised up me hopes, but it was just another Nursery Rhyme.*

Overall, quite happy with this GSSR. I got my very own Waver now, but I'll likely keep my Tamamo in the support slot. There's enough Support Wavers as is, and it'll probably take a while for me to max him out.

*As an aside, I feel like Nursery Rhyme sorta sucks. At first I was happy I had a 4* AoE Caster, but when I used her she seemed underwhelming. The DEF Down debuff and the NP charge are nice, but her damage is lackluster. I feel that Halloween Bathory is better for NP wave clearing. The only reason I don't use Bathory that much or initially invested in her is I care little for her character.

8 minutes ago, Sire said:

*As an aside, I feel like Nursery Rhyme sorta sucks. At first I was happy I had a 4* AoE Caster, but when I used her she seemed underwhelming. The DEF Down debuff and the NP charge are nice, but her damage is lackluster. I feel that Halloween Bathory is better for NP wave clearing. The only reason I don't use Bathory that much or initially invested in her is I care little for her character.

NR's main source of damage isn't her NP, it's her art crits.  Self Modification is one hell of a drug.  She's also really tanky, with the high morph rank and heal, and her  fairly spammable due to art crit + battery NP has a charge drain chance to further help her stall.

She does need some 2030's to help her keep going though.  

Off the basis of events being predicted based off of the JP version, is there anyways to estimate how many quartz can be obtained in certain time periods like months?

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

Off the basis of events being predicted based off of the JP version, is there anyways to estimate how many quartz can be obtained in certain time periods like months?

Yeah, as a base point you can assume around 20 quartz per month