Old tempest thread, plz delet

V-raptor

Reached 45,000, which is the last non-orb reward. I think I'll take it easy from here on out (because, you know, I haven't been taking it easy already or something).

18 orbs is like 12 USD, which is like a burger and fries from Five Guys (for people unfamiliar with Five Guys, their burgers have unlimited free toppings, outside of bacon and cheese, which you pay for, and their regular-size fries are a 20-oz. soda cup full of fries with another 20-oz. soda cup full of fries thrown on top for good measure).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp, my iPhone battery has been kaput for months now, dying in 5 minutes and having to perpetually be on the charger to work, and my charger just died so I'm officially out of comission. Hope my 104k score holds up for the top 5k.

Edited by Zeo

Currently I'm at 76,717.

With just over 35 hours remaining and 23,282 points needed to hit the max rewards threshold, I'd need no less than

33 perfect runs (at 705 points each), which is 666 points per hour rounded up. I don't think I'll make it.

I may push to hit top 10k in rank, but I'm not really bothered about 2k feathers since I have 60k in the bank and nothing to specifically use them on yet. The first tempest I managed a top 5k finish, but this time I'm just not so motivated to try.

1 hour ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Could someone in the top 1k tell me what their score is?  I currently have a score of 105k, which is at rank 2929.  Wondering if I should try for the 10,000 feathers. :^_^:

I don't think it's worth it. My score is 108,661 and I'm ranked 1961. Top 1k players are probably something like ... 115,000 or higher?

1 hour ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Could someone in the top 1k tell me what their score is?  I currently have a score of 105k, which is at rank 2929.  Wondering if I should try for the 10,000 feathers. :^_^:

129k, around 520-550 if I'm not mistaken.

14 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

And there you go. Most of the mages, archers, and dagger users encountered in the Tempest Trials don't have the Atk to actually kill her in a single round of combat, and if they do, it's usually by only a few points, nothing S Spur Def 1 or S Fortify Res 1 can't fix.

Faye's defensive stats, coincidentally, can be best compared to Fae's. Faye has 42/26/31 to Fae's 46/25/30, which means it takes 68 physical or 73 magical damage to one-hit kill her or 47 physical or 52 magical damage to two-hit kill her. Even being double attacked by nearly everything, that's enough to tank quite a few things.

You can even run a Weaponbreaker instead of Poison Strike (honestly, Poison Strike is more useful for a Firesweep Bow build) to gain an absolute advantage against that weapon type because absolutely nothing in the Tempest Trials does enough damage to one-hit kill her from full health outside of a Brave weapon or a special skill activation.

You're making me wish I had her this time around. ;a;

40 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

You're making me wish I had her this time around. ;a;

Too bad her offensive stats are pretty bad. She kills most mages plus most of one weapon type of your choice, but that's about it. I'd still consider Alm, Mae, or Boey to be better choices.

I just hit 100K for the last Orb reward.  I rank in the 6000s, so hopefully, that's enough to stay in the top 10,000.  I don't plan to do much more grinding, apart from the 3 Tempests for quests tomorrow.

Just hit an 80K score, and my rank is only 13038. I get the feeling everybody ranked above me is as diligent, since I've been ranked 13000-15000 for the last few days. So I don't think I can hit a top 10K rank. It would be a huge bummer if I didn't but I think with the stamina I'll get naturally before the end I'll be very close to 90K points for another orb reward, so that's a good excuse to burn a stamina potion.

I switched my main team to include Fae, (including switching Sharena for Linde, and Linde on the backup team for Delthea). Mostly because Fae needs a metric crapton of SP to get the skills I want to give her (why did I give her Threaten Attack and not Renewal when I first got her?)

And I'm done. Past 99,999. Finally. I didn't have the determination to make it to the top last time, and I wasn't planning to this time, but... Summer Tiki. I needed those orbs.

(Still no luck summoning her, though. I must have spent over 250 orbs by now. Onto the chain challenges, I guess.)

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

18 orbs is like 12 USD, which is like a burger and fries from Five Guys (for people unfamiliar with Five Guys, their burgers have unlimited free toppings, outside of bacon and cheese, which you pay for, and their regular-size fries are a 20-oz. soda cup full of fries with another 20-oz. soda cup full of fries thrown on top for good measure).

My only problem with Five Guys is that, everyone time I go eat there, I go:

"I'd rather be eating In-N-Out."

Too bad In-N-Out is basically So-Cal only. (There's a small amount of spillover into other states, but if you don't live in California, the nearest In-N-Out is 300 miles away if you're lucky.)

But yeah, that's the exact reasoning that I don't bother actually doing Lunatic TT---the rewards simply aren't worth the time. Good thing you can auto hard into 40k points.

Trying to use Tempest to SP grind for Leo now.  Starting without Reinhardt is showing its growing pains.  SIless Leo really needs some more Skills.  I wish I could trade SP from other units.

So it seems I'll be able to finish with the top 5k and claim those 8,000 feathers without needing to use any more stamina pots with my score at 105,503 (good for around #3,178). Since Alm and Boey had both maxed merits, I tried to use Faye (who is SI-less at this point) as my bonus unit. It only took 2 runs before I came to the conclusion that she is actual dead weight with her mediocre offense and inability to counterattack, so I went "screw it" and put Alm back as my bonus unit alongside "Marth", Delthea and Minerva. Delthea, by the way, is just 49 merits away from max when she hasn't even been in the game for a whole week yet.

17 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

My only problem with Five Guys is that, everyone time I go eat there, I go:

"I'd rather be eating In-N-Out."

Too bad In-N-Out is basically So-Cal only. (There's a small amount of spillover into other states, but if you don't live in California, the nearest In-N-Out is 300 miles away if you're lucky.)

I can confirm that In-N-Out exists in the Dallas-Fort Worth area in north Texas and that it is in fact pretty good.

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Reached 45,000, which is the last non-orb reward. I think I'll take it easy from here on out (because, you know, I haven't been taking it easy already or something).

My spouse loves 5-Guys and picks it up sometimes.  I didn't realize it was that expensive.  It's pretty good, but not something I get all that often.

Jumped from 60k to 80k today. It looks like pulling an @Soul~! before the event ends tomorrow might just be a reality after all.

32 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I didn't realize it was that expensive.  It's pretty good, but not something I get all that often.

Five Guys is the bee's knees.

I never got that far. :awesome: I've gotten 12k in each of the last three days, and that's about it. Still sitting just above 70k (72k). Going to try hitting 80k by the next few hours again.

All you people going over 50k points and I barely made it over 32k...it's making me feel like a slacker but...then again, feathers really aren't that important to me, I have no interest in the CYL characters, my barracks are almost full again and I have no one worth promoting to 5* at the moment especially since Berkut is a disappointment. Hopefully Clive will make up for Berkut's lackluster performance and serve as my main lance cav. This TT burned me out so I guess I'll barely use the game for the next few weeks and do stuff like...playing Pokemon Moon which I left unattended for months. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

I'm rank 1,360 with 118,329 points. I suppose I can go for the top 1k tomorrow if I grind another 10 or 15k but I'm not feeling the motivation to go that far for some feathers.

2 hours ago, Soul~! said:

I never got that far. :awesome: I've gotten 12k in each of the last three days, and that's about it. Still sitting just above 70k (72k). Going to try hitting 80k by the next few hours again.

Thats higher than me lol. Im still a 50k scrub