Fire Emblem Heroes: The Mafia Gacha: The Game Thread

Shinori

To share my thoughts a bit:

While I'm not convinced by Marckc2's logic for voting Elieson, it doesn't sound that stupid either. Keeping his reasoning from us sounds like a bad play, instead of a clear scum play (what would he gain from voting for someone who doesn't have any other votes without giving a reason?).

Michelaar's random voting doesn't seem that weird, but not contributing any thoughts about others feels a bit weird if he has experience in the game. I'm not that convinced he's scum, but he does feel like the most likely suspect for now.

##Unvote ##Vote:Michelaar.

Apart from that, BBM questioning other people's voting process while waving his own thoughts off as "just D1 thoughts" feels a little odd to me, but I'm currently writing it off as his way of getting a better read on people.

Pika and GP being indecisive might be a way to avoid attention by not starting anything, but I'm not that convinced. If other people know they're usually more assertive in other games I can see the reasoning behind it though.

That about sums up what stood out to me so far. Still trying to analyze people and get a bit of a better read on everyone.

Edited by Bartozio

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Votals:

Michelaar(4 = L-3): Prims, Oboro-Garasu,Green Poet, Bartozio

Oboro-Garasu(3): BBM, Michelaar

BBM(2): Elieson, Junk

Elieson(1): Mackc2

Mackc2(1): Faerie Knight

Junk(1): Magnificence Incarnate

Green Poet(1): Refa

Pika_pika42(1): Marth

Michelaar is currently at L-3.

Time left in day phase is 5 hours and 43 minutes.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20171004T14&p0=3704&msg=Day+1+end&font=cursive

welp I can't count, he's at L-3 not L-2 T_T

##unvote

##vote for michelarr

looked at the game that GP was talking about and yeah that makes me feel much worse, already mentioned everything else on him, still feel he'd be the best overall Lynch since even if he is town it'd be dead weight later on

BBM I still don't entirely feel good about but I realize that our reasoning essentially comes down to opinion, and I can't figure out any scum intent for the vote on proto,

I'm assuming blue doom hasn't read the full game because otherwise that vote seems a bit shallow?

All the newer people I like because their tone comes off as genuine and they seem to be putting in some effort at least,

21 hours ago, Junk said:

Elie is confusing me, he says BBM isn't scummy but uh calls is stuff forced, can you clarify your stance?

BBM isn't scummy? No, BBM is scummy. His more recent posts (most of Page 4 and the tail end of Page 3) are leading me to feel otherwise, but at the time of the vote, BBM came across as uncharacteristically pushy with a downright terrible case.

14 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

What's that we are voting for presidency? I should have considered my vote a bit better.

But now that I have actually read through the thread properly 

#unvote 

#vote: Elison 

I'd protest less if you gave a reason why you're voting me. If you have a case on me, bring it. If I'm gonna be cased, I want it to at least be legitimate.

10 hours ago, Refa said:

@Oboro-Garasu You probably missed it but I still don't get why you initially voted Michelaar specifically.

Don't like Mac 2, he's just voting without any explanation and justifying his responses with "I can't explain my thinking because it will get me killed" which is bad.  Reads to me as an excuse to avoid having actual cases which will be analyzed.  Potentially worse than Michelaar but I want some responses on that front before reevaluating my vote.

ngl i was hoping elie would slip the same way at the beginning of the game

I might've missed it, but are you actually scumreading Mac2 or are you just really not liking how he's going about business?

tbh same thing but put marth's name in there instead of mine and you've got my feelings

8 hours ago, Green Poet said:

thoughts on game so far:

prims switching votes saying "I didn't know" after refa explained the pic was weird at first, like he'd taken it seriously. the vote switch is better when I look at it like "ok, putting aside my rvs refa joke and examining someone (bartozio) for real now."

odd response to BBM, considering that. I agree with BBM that there's nothing to be gained from the image, and it's not alignment-indicative.

elie seems to be joking here, and responses/questions to it read like they're getting tripped up by assuming he's serious.

BBM's explanation on vote stacking is good. michelaar appearing in thread and still putting down (what I assume was) an rvs vote after this is kinda meh. he makes a few more short passive posts later on.

don't like how michelaar is playing only defensively:

"I'm doing the same as town, why don't I look town to you?"

Mackc2 should explain his vote

I don't agree with junko and elie's BBM cases. like I understand them but imo his pushing prims on refa jokevote was normal. wouldn't lynch BBM today.

##Unvote

##Vote: Michelaar

I'm always serious

Clarify why BBM's votestack backpedal is good. A backpedal is still a backpedal, remember.

8 hours ago, Michelaar said:

I don't have suspicions yet. Day 1 is always a bit of a crazy day. So I don't really suspect anyone yet. I want to see more happen before I make up my mind. This is how I play mafia, like it or not.

The prims vs BBM thing doesnt bother me. Things like these usually happen, and it's not that suspect.

Your stance irritates me, but it's not the reason why I'm about to vote for you.

There is SO MUCH ELSE to comment on (me, pika, mack2, basically anyone proto is talking about), but you're avoiding it all. 

6 hours ago, Refa said:

That's actually a good point, I don't see any benefit in Michelaar saying he's experienced when that'd just make coasting harder.  Still frustrating that he didn't give a satisfactory response to my vote, but I don't think I'm going to get one at this point.  This post from him also makes me think that the issue isn't that he's scum but that he's just not being proactive.

While I'm totally grasping scum!Mich at this point, if we're assuming that he's crafty to use a lack of experience as a tool to get votes off of himself, do you think he'd be so vocally sitting on the sidelines?

##Unvote (I think I'm voting someone rn i can't be arsed to check who though)

##Vote Michelaar

--F.o.S. Faerie Knight

Don't think I've forgotten about you crowboy. Your first post was albeit filler and anything after has been lackluster. You can do better than this. Why aren't you?

Well ok, that's L-1 on Mich

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm ok with this but my gut's telling me that I should be voting for FK over Mich and if we have a role that can clear mich up that they just do it, preferably someone inspecting him with their gun if they have one.

If you guys want it so much, let me just tell you, ok?

Mackc2 doesn't bother me. I'd understand if he votes Elieson because he has something he can't talk about. It becomes a bit obvious, but I don't see how it's suspicious. I feel like it would make him less suspicious because he votes for something he can't tell, because why would you draw such attention to yourself if you're mafia?

As I said, The Prims vs BBM thing you guys keep pressuring me about to talk about doesn't bother me, seems like just a fight between townies

You looked to me like you were randomvoting all over the place, but it's day 1.

The reason I didn't say these things at first is because I didn't know what to say about these things. While i'm certainly not inexperienced, I haven't played mafia in a long while, and I needed some time to get used to them again.

17 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I'd understand if he votes Elieson because he has something he can't talk about. It becomes a bit obvious, but I don't see how it's suspicious.

What possible reason could somebody have for legitimately voting for somebody, that they won't/refuse to/can't share, on day 1?

@Michelaar and @Elieson, I somewhat feel like you two have missed this post:

5 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

I will explain my vote then but I personally don't think its a very good reason and I was self-conscious about it, basically Elieson started the lynch train against BBM as far as I noticed, and i personally don't understand his reasoning, In addition he is generally being very Jovial and making self deprecating jokes, which is exactly how I would play mafia as people would trust you more institutionally and see you as less of a threat and it was stupid of me to even bother hiding that reasoning.

Basicly, he later explained why he voted for Elieson.

Junko looks bad to me because his BBM case screams "My case is original and hard, look at it!" But its grasping at straws so ???

Bartozio's voting history looks bad but his recent post shows consideration of the thought process of other potential town which is townie IMO.

6 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

I will explain my vote then but I personally don't think its a very good reason and I was self-conscious about it, basically Elieson started the lynch train against BBM as far as I noticed, and i personally don't understand his reasoning, In addition he is generally being very Jovial and making self deprecating jokes, which is exactly how I would play mafia as people would trust you more institutionally and see you as less of a threat and it was stupid of me to even bother hiding that reasoning.

Yeah I'm going to townread Mack for this because I can't see mafia come up with a reason like this to justify not disclosing their thoughts. Actually, I'm not sure why mafia would be so stubborn to not share their thoyght in the first place; it draws attention to them.

40 minutes ago, Elieson said:

What possible reason could somebody have for legitimately voting for somebody, that they won't/refuse to/can't share, on day 1?

Role reasons maybe?

35 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Oh, I must have missed that.

16 minutes ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

I was about to post and then the power went off.

Michelaar, why have you been on the sidelines? Who is scum IYO?

Like I said, I don't trust Oboro-Garasu just yet, hence my vote.

Yeah I read GP and I agree with Refa that playing devil's advocate with your read and thinking of possibilities of you being wrong when you're voting with conviction is a contradiction and a p bad one at that. And Prims' ED1 votes were clearly jokevotes, I'm not sure how you got the idea that he was getting serious just by asking a player whether they had played mafia before or not. The voteswitch is definitely NAI. 

1 hour ago, Bartozio said:

You're...absolutely right, I did miss that post. Perhaps I'm being nonchalant for a reason though, @Mackc2 :) 

25 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Role reasons maybe?

On Day 1, when N0 was a confirmation phase only. Literally the only role reason he'd want to vote for somebody on day 1 would be due to a pre-game check (which I'd consider super unfair) or...his RolePM flat out says "you know X is not allied with Askr" or something, which is...well, I guess that's a possibility but I don't think I've ever seen it before.

3 hours ago, Shinori said:

Votals:

Michelaar(6 = L-1): Prims, Oboro-Garasu,Green Poet, Bartozio, Junk, Elieson

Oboro-Garasu(2): BBM, Michelaar

Elieson(1): Mackc2

Mackc2(1): Faerie Knight

Junk(1): Magnificence Incarnate

Green Poet(1): Refa

Pika_pika42(1): Marth

Michelaar is currently at L-1.

Time left in day phase is 1 day 2 hours and 43 minutes.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20171004T14&p0=3704&msg=Day+1+end&font=cursive

I wanna point out I made a type in the previous votals, day phase still has 1 day in it. For whatever reason I had left that out with it saying only 5 hours remaining. There is 1 day and 2 hours remaining.

35 minutes ago, Elieson said:

You're...absolutely right, I did miss that post. Perhaps I'm being nonchalant for a reason though, @Mackc2 :) 

On Day 1, when N0 was a confirmation phase only. Literally the only role reason he'd want to vote for somebody on day 1 would be due to a pre-game check (which I'd consider super unfair) or...his RolePM flat out says "you know X is not allied with Askr" or something, which is...well, I guess that's a possibility but I don't think I've ever seen it before.

That is my fault sorry. For some reason I thought there had been a night phase. In that case, it doesn't make sense. Luckily he told us the reason.

1 hour ago, Elieson said:

--F.o.S. Faerie Knight

Don't think I've forgotten about you crowboy. Your first post was albeit filler and anything after has been lackluster. You can do better than this. Why aren't you?

Spoiler

q6y97yL.jpg.2b4e5d4f8968d061df66b2a702472413.jpg

You do know how I work, instead of just going after me already (on "gut"?), maybe clarify why what I chose to say is lackluster and/or what else I'm ignoring/overlooking and why I shouldn't? Especially when you've missed/forgotten things yourself more than I expect already?

As for posts/developments since I was last here: I have some experience with Pika from elsewhere, and I really don't expect any more than what he's already shown from him. Michelaar just strikes me as at a loss for what to add/fish-out-of-water town, with a side of not paying as much attention as he should. I'd want to see more of GP than the accused contradiction by self-doubt before I think there's anything there.

1 hour ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

Yeah I'm going to townread Mack for this because I can't see mafia come up with a reason like this to justify not disclosing their thoughts. Actually, I'm not sure why mafia would be so stubborn to not share their thoyght in the first place; it draws attention to them.

Eh, I don't think so. Not sure why he couldn't come up with this or have it handed to him either, and it doesn't answer how much he's been flailing and the amount of pressure it took him to give said explanation. Also, I'll note that he was quite willing to share a really strange and scummy reason for his first vote, then quickly backpedaled when challenged and played it off as a joke before making his first "serious 'I've read the thread for real'" vote...without explanation, then flailing and stubbornly refusing to give any reason until noticeably later when he couldn't get pressure off him. I'm comfortable staying on this.

13 minutes ago, Faerie Knight said:

You do know how I work, instead of just going after me already (on "gut"?), maybe clarify why what I chose to say is lackluster and/or what else I'm ignoring/overlooking and why I shouldn't? Especially when you've missed/forgotten things yourself more than I expect already?

Ok

On 10/2/2017 at 11:20 AM, Faerie Knight said:

I mostly agree with this, but I'm not sure about Elie's logic specifically, it seems like he's saying that Refa has used a pic that connected to his alignment through flavor before, and unless shiny-armored-skeleton-person is going to fight for Embla in the next update and I just haven't seen the news, I don't think that has anything to do with this game?

Also, without recognizing the name, I assume Michelaar is someone with enough experience that you voted him for this over Bartozio?

People had started moving out of RVS by that time. Even if you had/have nothing to add, you could have at least acknowledged that.

• You basically missed the entire point; prims brought up refa's avatar, and I went with it. my vote on BBM stems from his reaction to prims saying that.
  • not really relevant
  • What kind of thought does this imply? From what I can tell, you have 0 thoughts on Mich at this time, sans frustration perhaps?
19 hours ago, Faerie Knight said:
  Reveal hidden contents

ezgif-1-102a9e11b5.gif.0eb6f6fc9cb7aaca0d7b306fb8dba8a7.gif

##Vote: Mackc2

can you give anything here besides a vote? anything?

I didn't really say anything because you haven't really done anything in your handful of posts; you didn't read thoroughly when you called me out for something that you thought had nothing to do with the game, you didn't say anything when voting for mack (being as it happened after your first big post, i assume that it's not rvs) and you didn't actually do anything with mich, who had been active and since responded directly to your first post

For clarity, I saw the rest of your post, but the point is that at the time, you not posting details, and in mack's case, laying down a barebones at best vote, implies either incredible laziness, conveniently timed sheeping, or both, neither of which are beneficial to advancing the game.

19 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Ok

• You basically missed the entire point; prims brought up refa's avatar, and I went with it. my vote on BBM stems from his reaction to prims saying that.
  • not really relevant
  • What kind of thought does this imply? From what I can tell, you have 0 thoughts on Mich at this time, sans frustration perhaps?

can you give anything here besides a vote? anything?

I didn't really say anything because you haven't really done anything in your handful of posts; you didn't read thoroughly when you called me out for something that you thought had nothing to do with the game, you didn't say anything when voting for mack (being as it happened after your first big post, i assume that it's not rvs) and you didn't actually do anything with mich, who had been active and since responded directly to your first post

Spoiler

pDKp4D8.jpg

Well, now I'm sure you're not trying.

Prims wasn't talking about Refa's avatar, but a image he included in his post, you brought up his avatar, referring to a time where he pulled using an avatar of the character in his SK flavor, which had nothing to do with this game at all, since the image he posted here wasn't even flavor-related at all this time? And for that matter, I thought you were joking because of that, I was questioning Proto on agreeing with logic that seemed just silly. You've explained your vote on BBM since, but one wrong push d1 isn't gonna condemn someone for me when he doesn't seem bad otherwise.

I was asking Proto about why he challenged Michelaar over RVS-voting then but not Bartozio, implying he recognized him as having enough experience not to do that, while the name was unfamiliar to me. At the same time, I challenged Mich on his jumping in some time after people had begun leaving RVS with just a joke vote and not even any acknowledgement of anything that was happening. I didn't do anything with him since because his answer was pretty much just "I'm sorry, okay?" and his posts since just give me the feel of town out of their depth and not quite keeping up, as I said.

And can you not see the spoiler? I gave Mack all the response he needed. And he hasn't done much to look better, as I again already noted.

35 minutes ago, Elieson said:

For clarity, I saw the rest of your post, but the point is that at the time, you not posting details, and in mack's case, laying down a barebones at best vote, implies either incredible laziness, conveniently timed sheeping, or both, neither of which are beneficial to advancing the game.

Hm, maybe I do need to be more verbose and detailed, so that people don't get lazy and not try to actually process my posts? If I can't even expect that from you, anyway. 

Or maybe F.O.S Elieson?

Spoiler

SJdH7G5.jpg

1 minute ago, Faerie Knight said:

Hm, maybe I do need to be more verbose and detailed, so that people don't get lazy and not try to actually process my posts? If I can't even expect that from you, anyway. 

Sucks when the shoe's on the other foot, dunn'it~

1 minute ago, Faerie Knight said:

Prims wasn't talking about Refa's avatar, but a image he included in his post, you brought up his avatar, referring to a time where he pulled using an avatar of the character in his SK flavor, which had nothing to do with this game at all, since the image he posted here wasn't even flavor-related at all this time? And for that matter

Close enough; it's what was driving what I said

2 minutes ago, Faerie Knight said:

You've explained your vote on BBM since, but one wrong push d1 isn't gonna condemn someone for me when he doesn't seem bad otherwise.

There's a reason why I said I'm not really scumreading BBM anymore. 

4 minutes ago, Faerie Knight said:

And can you not see the spoiler? I gave Mack all the response he needed. And he hasn't done much to look better, as I again already noted.

I don't put much stock in pics unless they explain things. Your big shiny warning pic doesn't really have any value, hence why I've looked past it.

5 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Sucks when the shoe's on the other foot, dunn'it~

Close enough; it's what was driving what I said

There's a reason why I said I'm not really scumreading BBM anymore. 

I don't put much stock in pics unless they explain things. Your big shiny warning pic doesn't really have any value, hence why I've looked past it.

Are you implying I've criticized you for not saying enough before? Because you'd need to refresh my memory if so.

Fair. Nothing on how I was responding to Proto agreeing with the logic of what you said there, not to you or what was behind it, however? 

Fair.

...What else should I have said to what was basically a textbook gross scumslip? The point of that pic was that it was that blatantly terrible. Again, I don't expect to need to spell every obvious point out here.