Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ruruo said:

Is there any M!Corrin supporters for the first round? I'm going with him the feathers and cheezing since I have him at Lv1 XDDD. After he loses I'm going with best dragon Ninian!! <3

My ID is 3584280908 in case any one wants to add. Am leading with Navarre atm, and will be switch things up between my faves/most built units when the gauntlet starts. Hopefully that'll also help a bit with the colour quests too. 

@Bartozio I'm looking forward to fighting with you again on Team Ninian after I get my ass kicked for feathers! See you soon! ~

( @EricaofRenais sent request, see you after I get beat up! ) 

Ah, weakening our enemy for the next round, huh? Not bad, not bad. The first round is probably just a warm up for us anyway, so you won't miss much. Looking forward fighting side by side once more!

Spoiler

I really hope we don't end up underestimating Fae to much...

18 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I'll be supporting Fae! My lead is probably gonna be either Julia or Masked Marth

It feels weird seeing you on the wrong side. I can't even remember when the last time was. Guess I'll have to plan around defeating that Catria now, instead of just having her solo maps...

Can you at least join us after we crush if we happen to defeat your side?

ZVfJ5eO.png?1

And so the deed is done. Now all she needs is leveling and actual skills in her A and B slots and she'll be ready to roll all over Sophia. Team F!Corrin hype!

While I'm here, I'll just leave this here in case other Team F!Corrin members would like to add me.

ID: 0085075948
Name: Tybrosion
Lead: Lucina (may or may not be my lead for the actual gauntlet)

2 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

I'm pretty sure Ninian's got this, unless she succumbs to weird Gauntlet shenanigans like Lyn did.

I'm not sure if Serenes is representative of the fandom at large.  Corrin, Nowi, and TIki all scored pretty well on the CYL poll.  Ninian's actually towards the bottom if you go by CYL.  I think only Fae is lower than her.  Even Sophia is higher, surprisingly.

Speaking of multipliers, I saw someone saw earlier that it will be triggering at 2.5% difference, instead of 10%.  I haven't been able to find that anywhere official.  Can anyone confirm or deny that?

16 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Speaking of multipliers, I saw someone saw earlier that it will be triggering at 2.5% difference, instead of 10%.  I haven't been able to find that anywhere official.  Can anyone confirm or deny that?

I don't know where they got that from myself and seriously hope that it isn't true. The multiplier already made matches enough of a typical Mario Party chance time when it activated at a 10% difference. If it actually only takes a quarter of the time it used to for the multiplier to activate this time, then it'll pretty much mean that every match will devolve into absolute anarchy. If anything, IS should kill the multiplier entirely make it take longer for the multiplier to activate, not make it to where it'll almost constantly be in play.

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I don't know where they got that from myself and seriously hope that it isn't true. The multiplier already made matches enough of a typical Mario Party chance time when it activated at a 10% difference. If it actually only takes a quarter of the time it used to for the multiplier to activate this time, then it'll pretty much mean that every match will devolve into absolute anarchy. If anything, IS should kill the multiplier entirely make it take longer for the multiplier to activate, not make it to where it'll almost constantly be in play.

I understand part of the goal is to make it so that it's not "well, this character pulled ahead in the first hour, so I guess we already know the result and there's no sense in trying anymore", but making the result more or less random doesn't seem a good solution, either.  Personally, I'd say just make it so that standings aren't shown until the end of the round.  That way, neither side has any idea if they're ahead or not, but it still goes to the more popular character (unless they get lazy and slack off)!  

Although I'm helping the older Tiki, given her common rate and high chance of getting pulled outside of focuses, I may have to use another character in the maps. Elincia could hit hard, but she's a red like Tiki, so I may use Delthea instead...

After mulling it over for a bit, I've definitely decided to go for Team Ninian. If she ends up losing out, I'll probably go for Young Tiki. My FC is in my signature, but just in case you can't read those, here it is: 1401457189. My username is Aria, and I currently have Laslow set as my lead. I plan to switch out to my +5 Merric once the thing starts.

2 hours ago, Bartozio said:

It feels weird seeing you on the wrong side. I can't even remember when the last time was. Guess I'll have to plan around defeating that Catria now, instead of just having her solo maps...

Can you at least join us after we crush if we happen to defeat your side?

>wrong side

Whose side are you on? I didn't bother reading the above posts. I am probably just  gonna put Julia as my lead

This is for my twin who I've been against like every. single. other. time. Even when I try to side with them!!  Just know Team Ninians I'm with you in spirit! Unless we have the repeat of the summer gauntlet.

Go NOWI!

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I could actually see that, make the whole thing random.  I thought they would make it longer, but going Full Stupid might actually be better.  Then there's literally no way to even reliably guess who will win.

Next I guess they will flip a coin to see who wins.  

Goldoa is neutral in all conflicts! Thus, Goldoa has refused to participate in this Voting Gauntlet. Know full well His Majesty King Dheginsea does not approve of it!

(Nasir, in my heart, you've already won. Then again, Soren, Xane, Dheg, Forseti, and Nils might have just gotten multipliers in my heart for me having said that.)

16 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Whether she is or not its definitely one of many lore disaster moments that is caused by Awakening

Awakening had lore? Lore died after RD, and all chances to resurrect it Awakening were instead spent on Spotpass paralogues. 

Manaketes are still alive in Awakening, but we never see any beyond the recruitables. Bantu gets referenced (somehow he still lives- has to die soon I think). And where was my Xaney?! I wanted to see him again! Ideally having lost his pretty boy looks and grown into one handsome dude, with a few good words for Tiki after all these years. I'd like to have seen more of their relationship, both to get ideas of what their old one was like, and to see them develop a new one- I like to think of them as cousins in my headcanon, kinda siblings.

7 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Dragons win either way. Zephiel was right.

This Voting Gauntlet was brought to you by Medeus! Whoever wins becomes one of his generals in his latest plan to conquer Archanea, and then all the Outrealms!

More seriously, the absence of Camilla, Tharja, Lucina, Ike, Lyn, and Conquest royals (barring Corrin) has led to a nonexistent toxicity level for this VG so far. This is nothing like CYL. More low key VGs might be for the best.

Okay okay, if I had to support someone, I'll pick.... Adult Tiki.

Going for Ninian. She may not be the "first" manakete, but she will always be the first for me, as I started the series with FE7 back when I was a wee one. She's also the dancer I use the most so... yeah. 

Not sure who I'll support if Ninian is defeated.

Not really sure if anyone's discussed the new multiplier equation. In case there wasn't, here's my take on it below.

New multiplier equation: ((Duration x 0.1) + 3.1)

1)The first hour of any round in the Voting Gauntlet does not count towards the equation because both armies are considered to be at the same power level

2) A Voting Gauntlet round lasts for a total of 45 hours. Since the 1st hour does not count towards the multiplier, a team can have a duration factor as high as 44 for being at a disadvantage 44 hours in a row. This means that ((44 hours x 0.1) + 3.1) = (4.4 + 3.1) = 7.5 which is the highest possible multiplier listed in the latest Voting Gauntlet notification.

3) The duration factor, will reset once the losing army is no longer considered to be in a disadvantaged state. For example, if after the 1st hour (Team) A is losing to B, A will receive an initial 3.2 multiplier ((1 hour x 0.1) + 3.1) = 3.2. If A continues to lose, it will receive an increase of .1 to its multiplier at the end of each subsequent hour; 3.3 > 3.4 > etc. If the losing streak is interrupted, then the multiplier will reset at 3.2 for the next losing team (the lowest possible multiplier) and carry on in a similar fashion.

Edited by KinoSei

20 minutes ago, KinoSei said:

Not really sure if anyone's discussed the new multiplier equation. In case there wasn't, here's my take on it below.

New multiplier equation: ((Duration x 0.1) + 3.1) 1)

1)The first hour of any round in the Voting Gauntlet does not count towards the equation because both armies are considered to be at the same power level

2) A Voting Gauntlet round lasts for a total of 45 hours. Since the 1st hour does not count towards the multiplier, a team can have a duration factor as high as 44 for being at a disadvantage 44 hours in a row. This means that ((44 hours x 0.1) + 3.1) = (4.4 + 3.1) = 7.5 which is the highest possible multiplier listed in the latest Voting Gauntlet notification.

3) The duration factor, will reset once the losing army is no longer considered to be in a disadvantaged state. For example, if after the 1st hour (Team) A is losing to B, A will receive an initial 3.2 multiplier ((1 hour x 0.1) + 3.1) = 3.2. If A continues to lose, it will receive an increase of .1 to its multiplier at the end of each subsequent hour; 3.3 > 3.4 > etc. If the losing streak is interrupted, then the multiplier will reset at 3.2 for the next losing team (the lowest possible multiplier) and carry on in a similar fashion.

So the multiplier ACTUALLY resets now (meaning 7.5x needs Corrin vs Gaius levels of imbalance) or am I reading incorrectly?

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

So the multiplier ACTUALLY resets now (meaning 7.5x needs Corrin vs Gaius levels of imbalance) or am I reading incorrectly?

As long as I understood the notification panel correctly, I'm pretty sure that's what it means. I'm guessing its IS's way of attempting to balance the ridiculous comeback factor that was Lyn vs. Camilla.

29 minutes ago, KinoSei said:

New multiplier equation: ((Duration x 0.1) + 3.1) 1)

I don't know where you got this, but the notification board post for this gauntlet still has the equation as this:

((Duration x 0.1) + 3.1))

Besides, the only listed change was that "adjustments were made to how the game calculates which armies are stronger and weaker." Nothing was said about the equation for the multiplier itself being changed.

2 minutes ago, KinoSei said:

As long as I understood the notification panel correctly, I'm pretty sure that's what it means. I'm guessing its IS's way of attempting to balance the ridiculous comeback factor that was Lyn vs. Camilla.

Wonder if they've retconned some other misconceptions to be true (like friendly bonus units counting, or having a chance to get any teammate you have on your friendlist).

As this is, this might also alleviate part of the 'be glued to your phone' thing the multiplier once had to 'Mage Gauntlet' levels. A Nintendo-like solution.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I don't know where you got this, but the notification board post for this gauntlet still has the equation as this:

((Duration x 0.1) + 3.1))

Besides, the only listed change was that "adjustments were made to how the game calculates which armies are stronger and weaker." Nothing was said about the equation for the multiplier itself being changed.

EDIT: Wasn't the requirement for being considered disadvantaged bumped down from being 10% behind of opponent's score to 2.5% or something?

It was speculation on my part so I figure that if I am wrong, it could still be a neat way of balancing VG. Still having problems about this game mode being titled "Voting" despite the fact that a majority can lose to a minority.

Edited by KinoSei

7 minutes ago, KinoSei said:

Click More info. just below, and scroll down to 5) and you should see it.

I did and the equation I saw was the one I posted. And again, there was only one change from the previous gauntlet listed on the post and it does not concern the equation for the multiplier.