Tempest Trials: Less than Heroic!

Vaximillian

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So annoyed. During my first run today, I somehow managed to freeze Reinhardt before time, meaning Inigo was left trapped. 

I lost my dancer on map two and the rest of the units on Map Four. I tried to continue, but I seriously hate the grind of Lunatic 7 without Reinhardt so I surrendered because screw that. 

So instead of the normal 2000 points, I ended up with 600. Oh well, that's just three extra runs on the far more fun Lunatic 5. 

Still annoyed that such a stupid thing cost me, though. I know you can set your game settings to have to confirm, but I do still prefer the speed. It's the first time that has happened to me for a long time, at least. If it happens again, I might be more tempted to switch over. 

Well just for fun I set my Auto team to double Ike. Works plenty well on Lunatic 5 if I play. But the AI tends to get the healers murdered and then the Ike's die to mages. Makes me wish all version of a hero got the boost. So both B!Ike and Ike, would be fun to run Lyn through a tempest since she has an archer, a healer, and a sword version :D. What else could you need? A mage. Maybe we can have Christmas Lyn and have her be a mage of some kind.

1 hour ago, Usana said:

would be fun to run Lyn through a tempest since she has an archer, a healer, and a sword version :D. What else could you need? A mage. Maybe we can have Christmas Lyn and have her be a mage of some kind.

I was talking to friends about this a week or two ago (around when they announced Healer updates).  She needs a flying green mage (because wind).  The flying aspect would be for shippers who would want to ship her with Florina and use them on a themed team (since Horse already covers Eliwood and Rath, and two infantry versions cover Hector (kind of) and non-horse Eliwood).  It would also let Lyn Emblem have access to Guidance.

I only just got it.

In the intro Joshua says that he will fight for Marth for 30,000. He didn’t specify 30,000 of what.

IMG_20171202_030450.jpg

It’s thirty thousand points, guys and gals.
We’ve got our fourth wall broken.

Rank 5316 with 117k score, I'm not sure if I'll press for top 5k this time. 

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I only just got it.

In the intro Joshua says that he will fight for Marth for 30,000. He didn’t specify 30,000 of what.

IMG_20171202_030450.jpg

Haha, great find. 

Joshua is quite worth the 30k, together with Fjorm he constantly walls me to match 6/7, where BH!Ike (only 40% unit) takes over for the cleanup. 

18 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Haha, that's awesome. They did an amazing job with Joshua in this game. I'm surprised no one else has noticed or mentioned this.

Minerva maxed HM and I'm out of decent 5* green units (Hawkeye, Merric and Sheena left). I tried to swap in Merric (TA2, QR2, Ignis, QP seal, Excalibur). Without other fliers, it seemed a waste to run Nowi (2443 HM), so I gave also level 30 Genny a try. 

To my surprise this team sweeped lunatic/7 at their first run (together with Joshua and Fjorm). I had to remind myself to surrender in match 7 with only Kagero left as the last remaining opponent (to bring BH!Ike for 40% bonus). 

11 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I only just got it.

IMG_20171202_030450.jpg

Wow, I never noticed that either.  So clever, I love it!  :XD:

---

My score of 126,453 is currently rank 3689.

It's a good thing I already hit the 99k, because my 1st bonus run today was super unlucky.

Stage 4 had a Draw Back Eldigan, a Reinhardt, Felicia and a Mae who also uses Draw Back. My team was decimated thanks to Eldigan's annoying Lunge. Triangle Adept Rawrblade Leo couldn't do anything. Also I lost Fanlivia at Stage 2 thanks to me forgetting about Tana's Guidance which let enemy Takumi warp towards Olivia (An early taste of the surprises for the buffed Fujin Yumi?)

Last stage had Innes AND Mathilda who both have Cancel Affinity. Guess who decided to give Triangle Adept Boey some HM? Joshua couldn't survive an onslaught of Odin, Matihlda AND Ephraim.

Maybe I should put Lunge on Defense teams....

Now I'm at rank 1161 with 152.876 points. I'll give up on the 10k feathers, but will keep on spending my daily stamina to max HM with some more units. I gave Nowi the +DEF Lightning Breath+. That was a tough decision betwen DEF, RES and SPD. Hope to do the same with Fae soon. I think I'll give her +DEF as well because her RES is high enough already and she's got a -DEF bane.

Well I hit 100k. Been using Lunatic5 to grind up my Felicia. Even on 7 she does alright. B!Ike is the big problem for her team on that level, in part because I was running Fluffy Sakura along with them for the extra SP. So I swapped Fear inducing Sakura for Gravity inducing attack bane Genny. Genny Gravifies B!Ike for 17 damage. Felicia Draws her back out of range. Do it one more time and then a Galcies proc just plain ruins B!Ike's day. This made it take longer to grind since the team lacked ways to deal with high defense so it was all about positioning and using terrain to your advantage and that just plain murders your speed score.

Just hit 130,403, which gives me a rank of 3,911. I'm gonna really try to stay in the top 5,000 this time, maybe even the top 1,000 if I really push for it. Klein is very close to maxing his HM, and once he does, I think I'm gonna replace him and Dorcas with some other units. Not getting the 40% bonus will hurt, but I can still use some 20% units for a bit, and I'd rather focus on getting HM feathers and maintaining my rank than just pushing my rank further. Here's hoping for those 8,000-10,000 feathers in a few days!

Got all of the rewards. Cordelia capped HM and Joshua capped SP(he still doesn't have a B skill lol). I was going to replace Cordelia with Fjorm but I don't have a 4* Subaki for QR2 so I guess I'll do that next TT if I decide to use her.

Change of plans, my new Eirika needs a promotion ASAP so I'm going to grind up to about 170k and hopefully that'll keep me in the top 5k. I'm at 130k right now so it's going to take a while but I have like 50 stamina potions so it's not impossible if I auto battle Lunatic 5.

Cruising through with auto battle on Lunatic 5. B Ike, Joshua Fjorm and H Jakob get the job done about 85% of the time. They die on the last map sometimes and I have to manually clear it which only takes a few seconds. 140k score and I really haven't even felt it this time tempest buffs on beefy defense units like Ike and Joshua make things so much easier on the auto AI to help it get by.