Tempest Trials: Less than Heroic!

Vaximillian

Hit 40k with auto-battle! Tried to upgrade Close Def all the way to 3, but apparently I don't have enough red great badges because like every seal I've been upgrading uses red badges. Guess I'll have to gather some of those after I finish reaching 100k here.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just passed 31,028, and 5-star Joshua is mine! I wasn't planning to rush getting any of the rewards, but after getting Nephenee, I really want to give her that Close Defense 3 Seal, so I'm gonna try and grind my way to 40,000 today. Luckily, my team of Dorcas/CYL Lyn/Ninian/healer has been amazing for these maps, so I've been consistently getting A/A runs on Lunatic 7. I'll be sad when CYL Lyn maxes her HM, but at least I'll be able to get more HM for the other CYL characters as well.

I'm almost at 50k. I just remembered that I can make Lancina and Joshua support each other to make this easier, better late than never I guess.

Also found out that I'm lacking a few red badges to max the Close Defense seal (thankfully it's so little that I'll be able to max it the next red badge day).

I decided to put my Kagero on my auto battle team. I need to build up a fair amount of SP on her and she's a little more difficult to SP train than some other units, so hopefully over Friday and Saturday she can build up a good amount.

I think this Tempest Trial came too soon after the last one because I feel no desire to grind. Yeah I want the orbs, and Joshua is cool but even if I'm just auto-playing it seems like a chore. I'm still at 25k and am probably going to bust out the stamina potions over the weekend to get this done and over with. I feel no desire to stay in the top 10k like the last couple of ones. Wish they had just made this a mini one.

After doing 2 score runs, I trained the 5* Joshua up in TT ('cause 2x SP day, Gray's Sword Valor 3 skill, and Joshua being a bonus ally in this TT mean that Joshua scores 24 SP per kill). By the time he reached lv. 40, he got more than enough SP to learn his base kit as well as an inherited assist (Swap for his case) and an inherited C-passive (Threaten Atk 3 for his case). He's ridiculously bulky in TT and with default Close Def 3 equipped!

I still don't have 5* Josh (at 24,420 after today's first two runs) at this point since Heroes is still failing miserably at competing with Ultra Moon for my free time. I might have him by today's end if I can get myself to put in any significant amount of time towards this TT but at this point, that if is pretty freaking big.

Man, I failed on my first run through this morning (as in, my first team lost). Every map on Lunatic 7 seemed to have the right enemies to screw me over. That being said, despite losing CYL!Ike on Map 5 and both Xander and Inigo being in very low health, I was able to beat almost all the final map and leave enemy Ike on 2 health. If only my Inigo had had that two extra attack, we'd've been done.

Leo finished the job just because, and I still got an A for speed, at least :D

Edited by Cute Chao

Hit my 57,500 goal for the day. And I'll probably keep doing some more runs just for fun. I may try to see if I can finish this thing out during the weekend just so I can focus on the new events coming next week. Mia just hit 2000 HM. Lucina and Joshua aren't far behind. I may actually try to switch out Cecilia for Dorcas and see how that works out... But for now, I've got some good synergy. I don't wanna' ruin it.

I got Joshua on Thanksgiving too.  He's a great help taking out Brave Ike on the hardest setting w the 3x bonus.  I'm hoping to get at least a couple Hectors during the next focus to throw Distant Counter on Joshua and Camilla, and possibly Ayra. 

I'm also pretty pumped about the Close Defense seal.  My plan is to throw it on my Summer Tiki, who is plus Defense and already has Close Def 3 as a slot-A skill.  Her niche will be to have ridiculous melee bulk on enemy phase, with a +12 def/res as well as a boost from Melon Crusher+.  With weapons forge she could retake a spot on my main team again!

Right now I have 33.000 and I already trained my Joshua up to Lv. 40. I've only used one stamina potion so by the end of the TT I should have all the rewards but god I probably won't go for all of the awards again because it's such a chore. I'm only doing it now because I need all the orbs for the 8% banner.

Got the lovely 5* Joshua today. I'm currently levelling up Sully, Stahl and a few others, so he's on the backburner for now, training-wise. Since I have him and Karel to level, they'll probably be done the good old dancer, dancer, healer, swordie way. 

So far, the 8k method has kept me going. Haven't dropped it so far ^.^ 

I’m stopping today at 40k for the Close Def seal. It’s not nearly as good as Distant Def in the S slot, but it’s nice to have for how rare it is.

As expected, Joshua has been putting work taking 0 from almost everything, mostly mages, and ORKO’ing Ike on the final map. And his build is pretty cheap too, with just his base kit and some buffs. Not needing Atk +3 for his passive lets him run Close Def A / Distant Def seal for a net 50 / 40 / 43 bulk on enemy phase.

Is Joshua a myrmidon or a general?

I ate too much yesterday and fell asleep before I could get 5* Joshua, but I got him this morning.  I will train him tomorrow since I have a team in training right now who will be done soon.  I am sitting at 35k right now, I am trying for as many orbs for Monday as I can.

Edited by EricaofRenais

I wish they made more rewards. Just got all of them today, auto-battle makes this way too easy. Not that I'm complaining. I'm over 100,000 points, might as well train up some more units Ig.

Edited by SSbardock84

I got all the sacred seal and Joshua rewards pretty easily. I even stopped autobattles even though I knew how to do them properly this time by skipping ALL animations, mainly because no matter what my team ended up dying 1/3 of the time in the last map, even though all of them have Aether. This time I literally just farmed in 2 minutes the second map by using a team of Brave Roy, Dorcas, Brave Lucina, and Arvis.

Edited by Logos