Tempest Trials: Less than Heroic!

Vaximillian

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are so may pushing over 100k right now?

I'm only at 40k today, just trying to finally hit 99k for once. B!Ike got Close Def, and I'm already cackling manically.

At least I calculated that you only need around 7.2k/day beforehand, and with the amount of stamina potions I have I'm ready in case of emergency.

Edited by Dayni

I just managed to get to 80k. I guess going to 90k today and leaving 100k for tomorrow is the better option considering that the 28th we're going to get the book II story chapters and I'd rather focus on that instead of having the Tempest looming over me.

I think I should be able to hit 99k tomorrow, which means good timing for the update on Tuesday. After that I plan on just doing 3 easier runs to collect the rewards. This will actually be the first TT I've ever hit 99k on, I've learned how to use autobattle effectively.

At 82k and chugging down stamina potions to reach 99k by the end of today.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Personally, I am just trying to get this over with so then I can concentrate on the Book II stuff as well as finally get to doing the Michalis GHB quests. TT takes up so much of your time and stamina after all.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

You have to if you want to stay in the top 1000 for the 10,000 feather reward. That's what i'm going for at least. I have a bunch of different projects that require lots of feathers.Plus I enjoy competition so it is fun to see how high in the rankings I can get.

Others just want to get it over with early so they can focus on other things.

2 minutes ago, Logos said:

Is this is a normal or short Tempest Trials? I can't quite tell.

Normal.

Short Tempest Trials have the highest unique reward at 20,000 points and only runs for 1 week. (So far, the only one we've gotten has given repeat rewards, as well.)

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Normal.

Short Tempest Trials have the highest unique reward at 20,000 points and only runs for 1 week. (So far, the only one we've gotten has given repeat rewards, as well.)

Ah alright. It's probably just me being more prepped for this TT than others getting the rewards much more quickly.

15 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

You have to if you want to stay in the top 1000 for the 10,000 feather reward. That's what i'm going for at least. I have a bunch of different projects that require lots of feathers.Plus I enjoy competition so it is fun to see how high in the rankings I can get.

Others just want to get it over with early so they can focus on other things.

I'm somewhat burnt out by the game for high intensity projects like trying to high score for stuff like this personally, it's more like I don't have the same concerns when playing.

Like I said, I have the stamina potions to crash through those maps if needed. So I'm not too pushed to go crazy with ranking. I'm mostly trying to get as many orbs as I can before the 4th.

Also, @YingofDarkness, I did forget about that, partly because I already did the quests and Infernal Michalis. Also, the stamina potion surplus makes me not as concerned.

Edited by Dayni

I'm thoroughly impressed with your dedication! @Hawk King @Momentai~ Thanks for the point of reference! I know for sure that I'm going to slow down once I hit 100k mostly because business trip and Comic Con. Those things probably don't belong in the same sentence.

Mmm, starting to see why my healers are so suicidal on auto battle. While giving them Physic does encourage them to stay back and not step onto the frontlines to heal units, it increases the odds of them being in a position where allies need healing, but they can't reach a square two spaces away, so they do the only thing left in their AI script and attack enemies in range instead. Going to strip them of their attack skills and see if they start retreating instead.

fjUPzhB.jpg

The brat thought she was so clever, Pivoting in front of Klein. Seriously, what was her plan? Ike would have done 60 damage to her even without a charged Ignis.

With Ignis, she got disintegrated by 93 damage. Serves her right.

Drag Back Quadelia has been so fun to use in the TT. She's +Spd/-Def and I was going to give her a Firesweep Lance but there's just something so fun about Quad-attacking with her Brave Lance and activating Galeforce.

Now I'm wondering if I should give Desperation on her and just go Brave Lance+...

58,052. I will do it, I will. Katarina is at 2.7k HM, while CYL Ike is at almost 2.4k.

How to retool my team next… maybe to emergency build CYL Lucina and give her Nino and Olivia in tow?

But then again, boss Ike.

Well I am over 55k and I think I may just try and push hard today to finish off the rewards because I want to focus on quest tomorrow and I need all the orbs I can get to break my 5.25 pity rate on the trick or defeat banner.

Just passed 85,000. I probably won't rush through the rest of the rewards just yet, since those 7 orbs aren't going to be super helpful when I'm only pulling when I reach 20 orbs. Although I might get to 90,000 today without even trying, and I'll definitely pass that with tomorrow's bonus runs, so there's that. Dorcas only has 130 HM left to get before he maxes it, but since he's my only 40% bonus unit, I'll just have to deal with two spots on my team not earning HM anymore. I have been able to max out two (very close to three) healers in the process though, which is nice. Hopefully Klein will also get maxed, so I can feel a bit better about using him for fodder.

Yes, me, Gunter does have Harsh Command and WILL reach the one Katarina’s ploying, no exceptions.

Got to 60k with some pocket change before the maintenance started.

Edited by Vaximillian