Tempest Trials: Less than Heroic!

Vaximillian

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Which seal is better on Joshua? Close Def works pretty good, but I'm thinking to upgrade phantom speed to level 2 for him. 

Phantom SPD is pretty fun to run on Windsweep builds. Windsweep itself is pretty niche though. I kind of like it in the Arena simply because it lets my +ATK Alm chip away work around Vantage and some other problematic characters. If you plan on keeping Windsweep go for it. I haven't decided on a B skill for him yet. (Renewal is a placeholder for the TT.) Close Defense is GREAT on him. A lot of things just bounce right off of him.

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Which seal is better on Joshua? Close Def works pretty good, but I'm thinking to upgrade phantom speed to level 2 for him. 

I’m running Distant Def. Windsweep is a bit of a waste when he has 39 Spd to double a lot of things with, and with Windsweep as his B he will never ORKO Brave Ike.

A net 50 / 40 / 43 bulk on enemy phase is just too good to pass up.

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Disant Def 1 is probably the best seal to give him. You can get it from the Sacred Seal forge.

4 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

I’m running Distant Def. Windsweep is a bit of a waste when he has 39 Spd to double a lot of things with, and with Windsweep as his B he will never ORKO Brave Ike.

A net 50 / 40 / 43 bulk on enemy phase is just too good to pass up.

Windsweep is totally niche, but no waste on him. On PP he can attack taking no damage (Windsweep) and on EP he doesn't take significantly damage either (close def), but on EP he can double and proc Moonbow. 

The only situation where Windsweep is a bit annoying is when he should kill a mage (or Archer or whatever) fast. At least he also got enough RES to not die trying. 

My Joshua doesn't need to kill BH!Ike, because he is on team 1. Since BH!Ike on team 2 is my only 40% bonus unit, Joshua isn't supposed to win ... sounds sad. 

4 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Phantom SPD is pretty fun to run on Windsweep builds. Windsweep itself is pretty niche though. I kind of like it in the Arena simply because it lets my +ATK Alm chip away work around Vantage and some other problematic characters. If you plan on keeping Windsweep go for it. I haven't decided on a B skill for him yet. (Renewal is a placeholder for the TT.) Close Defense is GREAT on him. A lot of things just bounce right off of him.

I will give Phantom speed a try at level 2, because level 3 is too expensive for a seal currently only 2 of my characters can bring to good use. Close Def will get level 3 soon. 

1 hour ago, SSbardock84 said:

Disant Def 1 is probably the best seal to give him. You can get it from the Sacred Seal forge.

Had been my first level 3 seal, but it's usually booked for my DC units. 

At the time of writing this, I'm at over 83K points and Dorcas and Masked Marth hit 3K HM each. Switching to +HP/-Atk Brave Ike and +Spd/-Res Lucina with Lucina built the same way as my Masked Marth, just with Aether instead of Noontime.

I slaked off today, but I plan on grinding tomorrow.  Real life loves to mess with me on the weekends.  I only earned about 4k in points today so I am at about 39k total.  I kept trying to do SA instead, but I am too zonked out to win, I should have just stuck with TT.  Playing demanding levels when you don't feel good is not a smart gameplay move, at least TT on autobattle is fairly simple.  

Argh! Messed up both of my bonus runs in survival because of Erika dragging back Camus which put him in range of a Catria who had a surprise proc Luna.

The other time is a Sophia ORKOing Katarina because I failed to see her R Tomebreaker :(

That was the loudest "WHAT?!" I've shouted in my whole life. It was still only on Stage 4 out of 7, too so no way my Team 1 would KO Ike now without suffering speed :(

Camus, Klein and Tailtiu maxed HM, so I'm bringing flying Nowi and Corrin. Since both run Fury/Desperation, Minerva and Joshua got WoM for some beaming action. 

@mcsilas At least it doesn't make a big difference in score if your survival rank is A or just B. Those random breakers surprise me too from time to time, for example tome breakers on healers, when my desperation mage is on low HP. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Camus, Klein and Tailtiu maxed HM, so I'm bringing flying Nowi and Corrin. Since both run Fury/Desperation, Minerva and Joshua got WoM for some beaming action. 

@mcsilas At least it doesn't make a big difference in score if your survival rank is A or just B. Those random breakers surprise me too from time to time, for example tome breakers on healers, when my desperation mage is on low HP. 

I guess that's true, but since I don't have a 40% bonus unit in that account, I wanted to get as much points as possible.

Yeah breakers can be annoying, but at least random units don't get Vantage or WoM anymore unlike the first TT.

And yeah, running Desperation Bladetomes is actually pretty annoying when trying to use Auto Battle. That kind of playstyle requires micromanaging my units, which the AI is kind of bad at (can't run healers either because they'll heal and break the Desperation effect)

9 minutes ago, Symphonica said:

Gotta go fast

Honestly, I'd love to pull for more Brave Roy merges, but I'm saving all my orbs for the legendary banner

I resisted until I was at ~50 orbs, then blew it all away two times. Now I'm totally contend with him, I can use him even in arena (I don't have many merged units). Hopefully I'll gather some orbs for that legendary banner. 

37 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I guess that's true, but since I don't have a 40% bonus unit in that account, I wanted to get as much points as possible.

Yeah breakers can be annoying, but at least random units don't get Vantage or WoM anymore unlike the first TT.

And yeah, running Desperation Bladetomes is actually pretty annoying when trying to use Auto Battle. That kind of playstyle requires micromanaging my units, which the AI is kind of bad at (can't run healers either because they'll heal and break the Desperation effect)

More random skills would be interesting, but not on an event two weeks long. 

I don't use the auto-mode, like you wrote it needs to much babysitting with most units. 

Oh my gosh... I thought about relaxing, but I've got a business trip this week, so I wanna' try to finish as much TT stuff before I have to leave. I made it to 85,015 just a little shy of my overall goal, but I don't want to use another stamina potion. Replacing Cecilia with Dorcas wasn't a bad choice. He's a pretty amazing unit. Mia, Lucina, and Joshua need less than 500 HM to max it out. I'm hoping I'll be able to finish it off tomorrow, and then be lazy for the rest of the week. 

Oddly enough, this score only gets me a rank of 3,879. I'm kind of curious to know what you need to rank in the top 1000. 

Broke 100k last night. I'm averaging a little over 20k per day. If I can maintain that I should be able to reach 300k. My first team is starting to max out their HM. I'm going to be fully swithing over to the second team once they are all maxed out. After the second team maxes HM I will have to have at least one of the 40% units leading the 3rd team despite having maxed HM but it's not that big of a deal.

+Def/-Spd Dorcas with the Distant Defense 3 seal and Aether is the best thing ever. Also Joshua doesn't know how to die. Seriously, what sword unit takes 0 damage when Abel quad attacks? Granted it's on Lunatic-5 but still.

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Oddly enough, this score only gets me a rank of 3,879. I'm kind of curious to know what you need to rank in the top 1000. 

106,542 is good for rank# 823 right now. When I reached 100k I had just broken the top 1000. Now with every run my rank jumps down quite a bit, so there are probably a lot of people who slowed way down or just completely stopped doing the TT altogether once the got the final reward.

Man seeing how high of a score some folks have just completely befuddles me.  Here I am at 52K and thinking I am doing good since it looks like I'll get all the orbs by the end.

There are a couple maps this time round that just seem to completely break the poor auto-battle AI. At least when you have healers without an attack option. Anyways best auto-battle team I have found this time around is B!Ike/Eirika/Genny/Sakura. Genny would probably be better replaced with Bridal Lyn, but Lyn is all maxed out. And when I do the battles for bonus points Genny can be fun, even if she is an attack bane Genny.

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Screenshot_2017-11-26-10-59-42.thumb.png.b51c8ae636f5da11192b34911ff00720.png

115k has secured me a spot in the top 500.

Auto-battle is amazing. I was a bit concerned when performing Azura and Lute maxed hero merit but after messing with some teams I was pleasantly surprised to find that Joshua can still clear lunatic 5 reliably with many different green/blue allies. He has close defense 3, pivot, renewal, glacies, and the quickened pulse seal. The latter two are for dispatching brave Ike as quickly as possible (he can even one round him if he initiates with it charged!) and they also help him power through almost all blues. He makes it to the end most of the time as long as he doesn't wander into too many throngs of high attack/triangle adept/sapphire lance blues. If they show up early enough he can still throw himself at a crowd of them and survive. Recently I've been swarmed with Lissas so I've been slapping renewal on every unit to help them survive and it has worked well enough. Joshua is without a doubt the MVP for this tempest though. Out of all the tempest trials, this is the highest I've scored and also the least amount of time I've spent actually playing. I have used about 20 stamina potions as well but it isn't like I use them for anything else.