Tempest Trials Mini: Stepping into the New Year!

Vaximillian

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I still have to play Fates to understand those general anti-Corrin vibes.

I like Corrin! :):  I find her/him very likeable.  I like my lords a little flawed, I guess!  

---

I'm almost at 40k now.  I'll be aiming for the top 5k rank as usual.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if anyone commented about this (I skipped past the 10 pages already done), but does anyone realize the implications of the final map?

You're in the final map of Conquest, going against Takumi as the final boss. His allies are "Invaders", and Corrin is nowhere in sight (unless he's your ally or if he's somehow an enemy unit, which I haven't seen on that map). Which means that the final map takes place in a version of Conquest where Corrin died, and you're picking up after him.

I'm probably wrong, but it's a nice theory. Suddenly, all those Game Overs don't seem so inconsequential.

8 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

and Corrin is nowhere in sight

The "canon" team that is facing Takumi in the final battle, though, is Corrin, Azura, Camilla, and Takumi, based on the conversation with Masked Marth at the beginning of the Tempest Trials, and the Takumi we are facing isn't actually Takumi, but some construction of the Tempest that looks and fights like Takumi. If I've been following the lore of the Tempest Trials correctly, the only Tempest Trials boss that was the actual person was Veronica in the first one.

50k points get! Autobattle is my savior. Now to train up NY!Corrin. Just a couple orbs shy of 100 too, so that feels nice!

Alfonse is really fun to use during this. He’s been doing some heavy damage! I’m ready for him to get some weapon refinement. 

I blew off TT yesterday except for the quests, so I am only at 30k.  I plan to finish it off by tomorrow, since I don't play Heroes much on the weekend because of RL.  Since I built NY!Corrin I have found that I really like his design and I think I will put him in the rotation of archers on my infantry team.  I also trained up Oliver with NY!Corrin and he is doing pretty well for me in this TT, he works for my play style even if he is not the best blue mage.

Dancers/Singers are such a pain in the ass to get SP on.

If nothing else, I'm loving that this trial is giving me a straight week to farm 2x skill points on that buffed-for-combat Peg. Knight Azura.

Pulled one off of the New Years banner and I do plan on making her a mainstay of my flier emblem line-up (a singer  to double Raurblade Nowi's player phase that also gives and receives +6/+6 flier buffs??? Yes Please). So the chance to grind her up a bit is a most welcome one.  

Edited by Shoblongoo

1 hour ago, Shoblongoo said:

Dancers/Singers are such a pain in the ass to get SP on.

Don't let them sing, just let them kill.

Seriously, NY!Azura has been the easiest so far to grind levels/SP of all dancers/singers. Her offense is really good and with boosted stats (and if possible flier buffs) she got a huge advantage against all blue and many green units in these TTs. 

I feel like I'm late to all of the Hinoka hype. Which makes me sad because Hinoka is literally the flier I've been using the longest (she was on my Season 1 Arena offense team with Ryoma, Takumi, and Elise).

Spoiler

Wqq5mpg.jpg

ySMoptY.jpg

She survives an attack from Takumi with Life and Death 3 and without Iote's Shield or defensive buffs.

@Ice Dragon That's a beautiful Hinoka! If she was available at 4* I would merge her as well. 

Did you give some special skills to your Happy New Year fliers? 

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

Grinded to 50,000 last night to get all the orbs before the end of the anit-cavalry banner. I didn't get any good units with those orbs, but I did get a pretty nice rank; for a moment last night, before I went to bed, I had a rank of 886. Dropped out of that ranking tier this morning, but with some occasional stamina potion usage, I should be able to stay within range of those 10,000 by the end of this.

Wrong topic, mate ;-)

I think with ~80k you could arrive even in top 5k. 

Whom did you try to get from that banner? 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Did you give some special skills to your Happy New Year fliers? 

Camilla only has her vanilla skills and Reposition at the moment. I didn't get much of a chance to get her SP before the Tempest Trials, so she's just stuck with what she starts with. (She didn't even have the SP for Reposition during my first run on the first day, which was painful.)

Azura only has Wings of Mercy 3 added to her kit so far. She, too, has a disappointingly low amount of SP to work with.

I don't farm Tempest Trials for SP or Hero Merit, so it's pretty slow going.

I'm probably keeping Camilla with her default Ward Fliers for the remainder of the Tempest Trials because it's been immensely helpful for baiting, but if I use her more, she'll probably end up with Hone Fliers (I have a handful of left-over copies of Hinoka).

Azura will get her Hagoita refined once I have the SP for it. I'm not really sure what to do with her after that, but decisions can wait until after she actually has the SP to do anything with.

16 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Not sure if anyone commented about this (I skipped past the 10 pages already done), but does anyone realize the implications of the final map?

You're in the final map of Conquest, going against Takumi as the final boss. His allies are "Invaders", and Corrin is nowhere in sight (unless he's your ally or if he's somehow an enemy unit, which I haven't seen on that map). Which means that the final map takes place in a version of Conquest where Corrin died, and you're picking up after him.

I'm probably wrong, but it's a nice theory. Suddenly, all those Game Overs don't seem so inconsequential.

For whatever it's worth, I have seen both Corrins on that map as enemies.

I'm at the point now where I can get the TT rewards even without the bonus units, so I'm using the autobattle to get SP on my new units. My Micaiah in particular needs alot of SP but I'm also using it for other units since the Camilla Warriors map is gone.

25 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Camilla only has her vanilla skills and Reposition at the moment. I didn't get much of a chance to get her SP before the Tempest Trials, so she's just stuck with what she starts with. (She didn't even have the SP for Reposition during my first run on the first day, which was painful.)

Azura only has Wings of Mercy 3 added to her kit so far. She, too, has a disappointingly low amount of SP to work with.

I don't farm Tempest Trials for SP or Hero Merit, so it's pretty slow going.

I'm probably keeping Camilla with her default Ward Fliers for the remainder of the Tempest Trials because it's been immensely helpful for baiting, but if I use her more, she'll probably end up with Hone Fliers (I have a handful of left-over copies of Hinoka).

Azura will get her Hagoita refined once I have the SP for it. I'm not really sure what to do with her after that, but decisions can wait until after she actually has the SP to do anything with.

That's more or less what I did (plus I gave Fortify to Camilla, Fury & Moonbow to Azura and SPD refinement to both). 

You could give Reposition also to Azura and you won't have problems getting SP for her. ^^

I got to 40k! I think I'm going to switch my flier team to give Micaiah a chance for getting SP...let's see, Airzura will stay no matter what (thank goodness I gave her Death Blow 3) and I'll probably use an unarmed Genny for auto battle. Maybe I shall make Alfonse 5* to make use of the extra stats...seems good enough.

I'm surprised how good Corrin can be as a support for an Owl designed team.
If he stands beside Rhajat with Ally Support and uses Rally he can add her whooping 16/12 or 12/16 Def/Res (depending on Seal) and at least 4 atk /spd
Made me think to switch out Takumi from Team owl.
I really can't wait for double spur seal, if we should get those. 

I really hope we will get a flier with bow in future. I've got nothing against Reina. (Drawn bei Yamada Akihiro, didn't know until now that he draw record of lodoss war).
I would fear that other Artists would make her look too young.

Edited by Stroud

Got the QR seal! I upgraded it to QR2 but I don't have enough great badges to get it to QR3 yet.

The map choices are interesting. In Book 1 of the main story, the "World of Conquest" chapter features maps about fighting against the Nohr royalty which are actually from the Birthright route, while the "World of Birthright" chapter features maps about fighting the Hoshido royalty which are actually from the Conquest route. Meanwhile, this Hoshido-themed TT has its map selection include "World of Conquest" maps (from the Birthright route) but then the final battle is the Conquest route final chapter where you fight Takumi.

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Wrong topic, mate ;-)

I think with ~80k you could arrive even in top 5k. 

Whom did you try to get from that banner? 

Whoops... I guess I should've made extra sure I was on the right topic first, but thanks for finding that and correcting me!

80,000 points for the top 5,000? I have 61,063 right now, and I'm at rank 1,276 though. Unless maybe you meant the top 500?

I was trying to get Rhajat, so I could get Distant Defense for Deirdre. I could try for Micaiah now instead, but I'd rather keep her instead of foddering her, and I need to save up orbs now for upcoming banners anyway.

16 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Whoops... I guess I should've made extra sure I was on the right topic first, but thanks for finding that and correcting me!

80,000 points for the top 5,000? I have 61,063 right now, and I'm at rank 1,276 though. Unless maybe you meant the top 500?

I was trying to get Rhajat, so I could get Distant Defense for Deirdre. I could try for Micaiah now instead, but I'd rather keep her instead of foddering her, and I need to save up orbs now for upcoming banners anyway.

No, I meant top 5k in the end of the current Mini-TTs to get 8k feathers. Many people stop at a score of 50k. Perhaps the treshold for top 5k will be a little higher than a score of 80k, since one week is a lot easier to grind for many people. 

Rhajat eluded me as well, would you sacrifice your only copy of her for distant defense? 

Hit 50k. Guess I'm part of the cool club now. Can't remember the last time I was in the top 5k. Going to shoot for staying here this tempest. No new *5's are around this weekend so all stamina will probably go to the tempest. Doing Lunatic-7 on the bonus runs and Auto-5 for everything else should be good enough to keep me in the top 5k. Gonna coast for the rest of this tempest though. 

47 orbs ain't bad either.

24 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

No, I meant top 5k in the end of the current Mini-TTs to get 8k feathers. Many people stop at a score of 50k. Perhaps the treshold for top 5k will be a little higher than a score of 80k, since one week is a lot easier to grind for many people. 

Rhajat eluded me as well, would you sacrifice your only copy of her for distant defense? 

Oooh, I misunderstood then. Yeah, the final score needed will no doubt get to at least around there, I imagine. I have enough stamina potions to make a decent attempt at getting into the top 1,000, which is my current goal, but I'll see how well my schedule turns out for the next few days.

I'd get her to level 40 for her conversation, but after that, I don't think I'd be upset to give her away to someone. Rhajat isn't a character I particularly care for, nor do I care for her art, while Deirdre is one of my favorites, so I'd rather just improve her if I can. If I ever got a second Rhajat later on, then I may keep her, but otherwise, she's definitely the unit with Distant Defense that I'm most okay with foddering away.

6 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

Oooh, I misunderstood then. Yeah, the final score needed will no doubt get to at least around there, I imagine. I have enough stamina potions to make a decent attempt at getting into the top 1,000, which is my current goal, but I'll see how well my schedule turns out for the next few days.

I'd get her to level 40 for her conversation, but after that, I don't think I'd be upset to give her away to someone. Rhajat isn't a character I particularly care for, nor do I care for her art, while Deirdre is one of my favorites, so I'd rather just improve her if I can. If I ever got a second Rhajat later on, then I may keep her, but otherwise, she's definitely the unit with Distant Defense that I'm most okay with foddering away.

And then you get a +ATK|+SPD/-DEF one.