Tempest Trials Mini: Stepping into the New Year!

Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

Not for me. Every male Corrin that has ever appeared in front of me has been sacked immediately. I refuse to waste a single resource on one.

But completionism. I levelled up the Spring Camilla too whom I accidentally got instead of Deirdre before sending her home.
Male Corrins can also be useful for Def+3 and Dragon Fang. Dragon Fang is too much fun with bladetomes in the tempest.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'll at least be able to say that I was in the top 100 at one point during this TT.

VjLGx6m.png?1

Oh and if that team composition didn't give it away, I'm just busying myself with grinding Corrin up through Lunatic 5 at this point.

52 minutes ago, Florete said:

Not for me. Every male Corrin that has ever appeared in front of me has been sacked immediately. I refuse to waste a single resource on one.

Now I'm curious and want to do my first Fates run soon. 

Now I can't wait for Armads forge option. Omnibreaker would go well with HB3 for example. Even more fun would be if like Sol Katti Hector got whole this build.

There is also possibility that Armads never get option, but I have all intent pretend it's impossible...

Edited by Tenzen12

Quick Riposte seal get!

People have been going hard at it ranking-wise though. That's one of the few downsides to a shorter duration, too much competition.

I should probably start training Corrin soon as well just so he can get HM. Not sure who to replace him with though, Takumi has been kind of clutch with Bowbreaker, protecting his sisters Hinoka and Pegazura,  even with his -Atk (and Ryoma has Spur Atk to support him).

Ok time for a small summary after two days: 25k points all in lunatic/7 (except some few runs to level up Corrin) without auto-pilot. 

I'm switching between two different teams, because I got so many bonus units like newer before (missing only Ryoma and Takumi). 

The first team is a glorious flyer team, 3 bonus units buffing a blade tome flyer is practically too much cheese (need infernal). 

Spoiler

jnA4UWEh.jpg

Camilla goes up to 50 DEF (31 base + 4 TT bonus + 6 Fortify + 2 support + 2 Hagoita + 5 SPD/DEF Bond) (let's talk about bulky units @Anacybele :-)) and even with speed bane, her SPD goes up to 55! She takes 0 damage from so many units and even some archers (Niles, Setsuna) only chip at her HP. 

3SpewgGh.jpg

Flyer, Singer, incredibly fast, Hone Fliers, with TT bonus and buffs even bulky. Not much to say. 

JoK2KWbh.jpg

Usually Hinoka kills Takumi in the end. I'm glad to play her again after her capping 3k HM long time ago. 

5OzyitZh.jpg

I'm playing a little with Camillas skills. She kills everything anyway. Defiant Speed doesn't proc, because without Fury she doesn't take enough damage. She can be replaced by one of the other flying mages later. 

The second team is a little harder to play, but in the end more interesting:

Spoiler

Un8HL0ch.jpg

Sakura can attack DC units without fear, but dealing some fear after. Responsible for magical damage on team 2. 

tBpC2GAh.jpg

Not as bad as expected, surprisingly bulky. Solved some maps only with him and Sakura, who dealt Fear to the opponents, who in return couldn't scratch Corrin with their puny melee weapons. 

z18UTyRh.jpg

Member of my Arena teams and fits to every other team. Usually with Axe Breaker and panic ploy, changed Cherches skills for some Galeforce fun in AA. 

Bed1En5h.jpg

Because of Sakura, the Brash/Desperation trick doesn't work most of the times. Kills a lot anyway, main job is Reposition. 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Camilla goes up to 50 DEF (31 base + 4 TT bonus + 6 Fortify + 2 support + 2 Hagoita + 5 SPD/DEF Bond) (let's talk about bulky units @Anacybele :-)) and even with speed bane, her SPD goes up to 55! She takes 0 damage from so many units and even some archers (Niles, Setsuna) only chip at her HP. 

Nice! But my Frederick has 50 Def at base. :P And it becomes 56 on enemy phase. So still not quite as bulky as him, but close!

I'm kinda behind, only at 6,000. I've only been using Ryoma as a bonus since I don't have 5 star NY Corrin yet, and I don't even really want to use any Corrins. But oh well...

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Nice! But my Frederick has 50 Def at base. :P And it becomes 56 on enemy phase. So still not quite as bulky as him, but close!

Of course, but 50 is already a crazy value. Especially when ATK and SPD are also very high and the lowest stat (RES) is 37. ^^

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm kinda behind, only at 6,000. I've only been using Ryoma as a bonus since I don't have 5 star NY Corrin yet, and I don't even really want to use any Corrins. But oh well...

His outfit is nice though. I still have to play Fates to understand those general anti-Corrin vibes. 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Of course, but 50 is already a crazy value. Especially when ATK and SPD are also very high and the lowest stat (RES) is 37. ^^

His outfit is nice though. I still have to play Fates to understand those general anti-Corrin vibes. 

That's very true. lol

Well, people just hate that the story revolves so much around Corrin and that he/she gets a lot of attention and he/she's just not written well in general.

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Like Anacybele said, the Corrin dislike is mostly because Fates itself didn't exactly have the best writing. There's a bit too much of the game trying to make Corrin out to be this important and perfect person, that everyone loves and who can do no wrong. Outside of Fates, like in Heroes and Warriors, I'm pretty okay with Corrin; both male and female have decent designs, and their characterization works better when they aren't the main focus of an entire game.

Wow, so much Corrin hate. 

I actually really like his Heroes art - I feel his normal art is way better than female Corrin's (she's at a really horrid angle and it just doesn't look nice to me in her standing art), while I love both of their seasonal arts (though her damaged art felt a bit much with the whole bikini snapping thing). 

I'm happy to have got him at 5* today. How much I use him depends on where he fits into AA, since I'll be using Kimono Takumi for the trials, having not enough stamina to bother training Kimono Corrin up in time to help with those. He will get trained up, though ^.^ 

Then again, I am a sort of completionist. I even train up those I hate, so eh. I don't deliberately pull for the ones I hate, though. 

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, people just hate that the story revolves so much around Corrin and that he/she gets a lot of attention and he/she's just not written well in general.

The main protagonist gets a lot of attention usually. I'll see, I want to play Fates this year (perhaps after Echoes). 

@DefaultBeep

Bad characterisations are tolerable to a certain point. I very much dislike plot holes or twists/strange decisions that are unlogical or contrary to the character. 

@Alexmender Ouch, but her native bow is so much better...

@Cute Chao I also prefer male Corrins art to his female version. Both seasonal arts are great, but I can't watch Summer Corrin without thinking to all those sunken orbs and her ATK bane ... 

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

The main protagonist gets a lot of attention usually. I'll see, I want to play Fates this year (perhaps after Echoes). 

Yeah, but it shouldn't be the way Corrin does. Near everyone loves Corrin and doesn't call him/her out for her mistakes, they portray them as a good thing with no consequences, basically. And it seems like those mistakes are never actually Corrin's fault. :/ Birthright Corrin is okay, but from what I hear about Conquest and Revelation, he/she is really bad.

@mampfoid I know, I did this because some people are extremely salty at B!Lyn so this adds fuel to the fire. But I'm not completely evil, I'll leave the 4* in the bench forever such a waste of space but whatever

Honestly, I would be fine with Corrin if not for one fricken line he/she had in the very last chapter of Conquest, that thing triggered me so much that I couldn't believe it.

23 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Wow, so much Corrin hate. 

I actually really like his Heroes art - I feel his normal art is way better than female Corrin's (she's at a really horrid angle and it just doesn't look nice to me in her standing art), while I love both of their seasonal arts (though her damaged art felt a bit much with the whole bikini snapping thing). 

While I do like the art for all of the Corrins in Heroes to an extent, I actually really like Female Corrin's art, more than her Summer variant even. It's a very simple and nice style that I find appealing, though I will agree that her standing art has some awkwardness to it. Something about her face in her Summer art looks weird to me, but I can't really place what it is, and she looks fine enough otherwise I suppose.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but it shouldn't be the way Corrin does. Near everyone loves Corrin and doesn't call him/her out for her mistakes, they portray them as a good thing with no consequences, basically. And it seems like those mistakes are never actually Corrin's fault. :/ Birthright Corrin is okay, but from what I hear about Conquest and Revelation, he/she is really bad.

Ok, that doesn't sound good. 

@Alexmender Actually his A-Skill is nice for bulky Healers. 

I wasn't sure I'd do much with NY Corrin, but after seeing his JPN voice is Shimazaki Nobunaga I feel compelled to deck him out.  Gotta rep that lovable goofball, and since I don't have Arjuna or Dantes, this will have to do.

46 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

While I do like the art for all of the Corrins in Heroes to an extent, I actually really like Female Corrin's art, more than her Summer variant even. It's a very simple and nice style that I find appealing, though I will agree that her standing art has some awkwardness to it. Something about her face in her Summer art looks weird to me, but I can't really place what it is, and she looks fine enough otherwise I suppose.

Regular female Corrin's art is flat (namely her hair) and angular (namely her knees).

31 minutes ago, GinRei said:

I wasn't sure I'd do much with NY Corrin, but after seeing his JPN voice is Shimazaki Nobunaga I feel compelled to deck him out.  Gotta rep that lovable goofball, and since I don't have Arjuna or Dantes, this will have to do.

And over here Arjuna seems to love me. He showed up twice while I was pulling for Katsushika.

No NY!Takumi or NY!Azura. The former of which I'm more upset about, but I've resolved to save orbs. Micaiah ate pretty much my entire budget for the month.

Running NY!Camilla/S!Corrin/Hinoka/Sakura for Lunatic-7 and a full bonus team of NY!Camilla/NY!Corrin/Hinoka/Sakura for Lunatic-5 auto.  Lunatic-7 is pretty easy as long as I play smart (and that's with Vanilla +SPD/-ATK Hinoka!) and Lunatic-5 is nearly bullet proof. Hinoka gets the Iote shield for Lunatic 5 and S!Corrin gets it for Lunatic-7 so she can deal with Takumi.

This TT is wonderful, we get an amazing seal in QR and a free seasonal unit in NY Corrin.  I hope more TT give out seasonals, even if they are worse than the ones you have to pull for, so even if we are saving our orbs we can get in on the occasion.   The team I'm using is Nowi, Fae, Young Tiki, and NY Corrin for the bonus unit.  Once Fae and Young Tiki hit max HM I will start swapping them out for other lolis to get their HM maxed.