Banner: Sacred Memories

Armagon

16 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Wasn't she totally against it though?  Didn't she warn him against it?  Why would she be learning from him?

Not really. She was wary of it, but said that if anyone could do it, it was Lyon. Obviously, poor girl was proven horrendously wrong.

EDIT: Just realized someone else posted the conversation. Thanks!

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Never say anyone. I, for one, am extremely happy of getting a new Eirika. I've been praying for a duplicate Eirika since the Bridal Banner and I finally got the chance of having her!

As Odin would say: So Excited!

2 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Same here I love Eirika!!!

So you'd rather have more Eirikas than let other characters from SS get in the game? Wow. That's kind of selfish, you know. I'm not trying to offend you, but even I'm not asking for more Ikes or Fredericks (except in cases like CYL and seasonal, and even then, Frederick already got a seasonal, so I'm not going to ask for another one of those for him), because I know there are other characters from their games who have yet to even be in Heroes in any form.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting more new characters and less duplicates! I feel the same way! But making blanket statements like "no one want this" is always going to just backfire and lead people to think you're whining with no basis. Also, the reason people weren't asking for another Eirika is ... because we had no reason to believe the developers would set this kind of precedent! I don't ask for characters already in the game because I don't expect them. I ask for characters I expect. There are probably people who didn't ask for a second Eirika who are still happy she got in.

L'Arachel probably gets to be a mage because she's the princess of Rausten and the best choice for Ivaldi. Lucius probably got cheated out of being a mage because of no light mage before Micaiah. It's not fair at all, but game limitations always suck. The earliest characters to be added get the short end of the stick.

I mean, I'm not really happy about the precedents this banner has imposed. But there are better ways of getting your point across.

Well, I apologize for just being annoyed at this banner. I expected Cormag at least, because he's kind of popular. Instead IS has to go with only women and another Eirika. Doesn't help that I dislike her and like Ephraim WAY more either...

I probably could've worded what I said better, but I won't sugarcoat my annoyance with this. I haven't seen a banner of new characters I really wanted to pull on since Sigurd and company debuted back in October. Over three months ago... I'm just getting bored at this point.

I'm more miffed about Eir.  If they wanted to introduce women, why not Vanessa/Syrene/Neimi/Tethys?  It's not that I don't like Eir.  It's that I really like Knoll, and he was one of the two regular units who could use Gleipnir legitimately.

So I guess I'll do what I normally do when things go weird - grumble a bit, then do something better with my time.  Hopefully, I'll pull. . .well, any of them, because 20% units suck for TT.

If the precedent set by this banner means we're eventually getting Sage and Priestess Micaiah, I'm all for it.

Will be pulling for Myrrh and L'Arachel. Mayyyyybe Horserika if I get enough orbs, but the two new girls are priority for now.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So you'd rather have more Eirikas than let other characters from SS get in the game? Wow. That's kind of selfish, you know. I'm not trying to offend you, but even I'm not asking for more Ikes or Fredericks (except in cases like CYL and seasonal, and even then, Frederick already got a seasonal, so I'm not going to ask for another one of those for him), because I know there are other characters from their games who have yet to even be in Heroes in any form.

Well, I apologize for just being annoyed at this banner. I expected Cormag at least, because he's kind of popular. Instead IS has to go with only women and another Eirika. Doesn't help that I dislike her and like Ephraim WAY more either...

I probably could've worded what I said better, but I won't sugarcoat my annoyance with this. I haven't seen a banner of new characters I really wanted to pull on since Sigurd and company debuted back in October. Over three months ago... I'm just getting bored at this point.

And it's also selfish of you to say something like that.  I'm not happy with this particular character choice, but I'm going to live with it, and not put others down because of it.

I'm annoyed too, and my last post explained why.  However, I made sure NOT to insult others in the process.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Found it! Chapter 17 flashback:

<snip>

I still think this breaks lore.  She says she thinks Lyon can do it because Lyon has a pure heart.  She never says that she could or that she wants anything to do with it.  Still, I suppose I get where IS is coming from.

I still feel like this banner breaks lore and makes it seem like IS thinks SS is just another chest of Waifus.  At least we got Lyon I suppose.

I love Eirika.  I would have loved Eirika to win CYL and get a brave version of her that's exactly like this.  Just...not like this.  I feel like brave heroes should be tied to CYL exclusively and this makes it seem like IS is just gonna release alternates of all the lords...

The exception would be if this is a one time thing.  Like maybe b/c we are voting for CYL they decide to drop a surprise brave hero from someone who didn't win but got in the top 10 last time.  I think that would be pretty cool, but that doesn't look like what this is.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You don't have to apologize for being annoyed with the banner. That's fine. Just be careful with your choice of words.

I'm also not pleased with an all-female banner, and the tempest reward being another female user and a red sword. But I'm more worried that Eirika makes a dangerous precedent. Still, I'm happy for people who are happy and just wait to see what comes next.

Edited by Sunwoo

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...you were asking for RD Ike in the World of Dawn banner and claiming Oliver's a bad choice. How does that not count...?

I do see the confusion of another Eirika, though, especially in the three-new character banner age.

Edited by NoirCore

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

We're getting Myrrh, L'arachel, and Lyon, the three remaining FE8 characters I wanted most. That plus a much needed upgrade for the main character seems good to me.

Maybe this banner being all female is because the folks who thought the valentines would be all male is correct?  Maybe valentine is the male form of the bridal banner and they released an all female banner right before it to cancel it out?

I'm happy about Eirika but I'm really confused as to why this was this done in the first place. Will she be the first in a wave of a lord alternates who ranked high from cyl one but we have to pull them without the luxury of a free one, is this being done to all characters showcased on the title screen, or to serve as a noticeable breather from the lack of other game variants. All in all I'm in the majority being perplexed yet pleased when cormag/ross

Pics with Skills. 

I'm expecting Myrrh to have a high Def. Bonfire + prf weapon with "Earthsweep" means a good Def. (57 Dmg - 38 Base = 19, 19 * 2 = 38, 38 - 3 Fury = 35). Unknown buffs, and might not be lvl 40, so at least 35 Def? That is good! 

And Flying Dragon? Grima is possible!!

Edited by Lord_Grima

5 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I still think this breaks lore.  She says she thinks Lyon can do it because Lyon has a pure heart.  She never says that she could or that she wants anything to do with it.  Still, I suppose I get where IS is coming from.

I still feel like this banner breaks lore and makes it seem like IS thinks SS is just another chest of Waifus.  At least we got Lyon I suppose.

Learning dark magic isn't quite at the same level as poking the Sacred Stone of Grado.

Also, because I can:

Neimi when? I fell for her again when I saw her Cipher card arts. And I will fight Colm for her.

Also, Ward Dragons and Phantom Def when?

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Maybe this banner being all female is because the folks who thought the valentines would be all male is correct?  Maybe valentine is the male form of the bridal banner and they released an all female banner right before it to cancel it out?

Ehh...I don't think they'd risk skipping females altogether in such a seasonal banner.

I have to admit that as much as I love Eirika, I'm pretty peeved that she got an alt for no reason rather than giving us a brand new Sacred Stones character. Poor Knoll. Also, why make L'Arachel a blue tome? Even a staff would have been better than that. People really won't have a reason to use her with Reinhardt still so readily available...I know that light magic is usually designated blue in Heroes but it's not a hard and fast rule they need to abide by. Hopefully her stats are great, because otherwise I can't see myself pulling for her even though she's one of my favorite characters.

Myrrh is a welcome addition and seems pretty strong. That's basically the only good thing I can say about this banner, as a Sacred Stones fan I'm really disappointed.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

There is no reason to be so negative. No one from Sacred Stones has gotten any sort of special version in Heroes to date. And tbh, they're not likely to appear in seasonal banners anytime soon. Why not let Eirika's fans be happy at this surprise that likely won't happen again for them, barring Eirika somehow winning CYL? I'm sure you would have been ticked off if people complained this much about one of your favourites getting a special version. 

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Also, because I can:

Neimi when? I fell for her again when I saw her Cipher card arts. And I will fight Colm for her.

I love both Neimi and Colm and would have loved to see them (and Cormag) in this banner.  Come to think of it, I would have loved to see a large quantity of units over specific units b/c SS has the best characters.  That's kind of why I'm mad about a banner with only 3 characters with one being a repeat.  SS had the least amount of characters and they decided to release a repeat?  Makes no sense.  Though to be fair we're getting a TT and a GHB as well.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Found it! Chapter 17 flashback:

snip

So many good vibes when reading the script from that game. SS is GOTY. Just every year.

Surprised at the hype people have for Myrrh's hone dragons. I feel like Fortify Dragons was always the more sensible buff because of the Lightning Breath meta, but if you can diversify your buffing, that's cool too. Adding any skills to the permanent pool is always great, even if everything's going to be 5 star locked. I'm also happy to see another valor skill enter the permanent summoning pool. Even if it's one of the more niche ones. Now I won't feel so pressured to pull for Christmas Tharja the next time she shows up.

Not too concerned about Eirika and L'Arachel's personal weapons because if their speed is at least decent they're gonna be blade tome users, let's be honest.

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

Ehh...I don't think they'd risk skipping females altogether in such a seasonal banner.

Perhaps women (or guys, I'm not judging) want give chocolates to males.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So what if I want more we are happy don't be whiny because your not and "selfish" lmao look who's talking right now....

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

YAS! SS! I'm glad this was at least...seemingly predictable. Finally getting our second green dragon Hone Dragons and our princess of Rausten. Not gonna lie, I was a little disappointed to see another Eirika when we could have gotten any number of other characters, and I'm still not THAT happy, but she looks like she'll be pretty good. Her art is pretty, and it helps her stand out from her brother as a more combat oriented unit!

That being said, I want Myrrh and Eirika so much. XD

10 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Also, I've seen plenty of folks happy for Eirika alongside the confused. That's "who even wants that". At the very least, it gives more reason for your beloved RD Ike to be a thing. :P

Weird... And yeah, well, tell that to the people that say "we don't need three Ikes" and yet say nothing about there being four Lucinas, three Camillas, and three Xanders.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

And it's also selfish of you to say something like that.  I'm not happy with this particular character choice, but I'm going to live with it, and not put others down because of it.

I'm annoyed too, and my last post explained why.  However, I made sure NOT to insult others in the process.

...Uh, what? I fail to see where I insulted anyone here. I even said I wasn't trying to offend anyone. But if I did anyway, that wasn't my intent. Sorry.

4 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

...you were asking for RD Ike in the World of Dawn banner and claiming Oliver's a bad choice. How does that not count...?

I do see the confusion of another Eirika, though, especially in the three-new character banner age.

I don't remember saying Oliver is a bad choice. Just someone I hate. Though I do think he should've been a PoR GHB, not an RD one. And RD Ike is at least an official second incarnation of Ike. Eirika doesn't have that.

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

You don't have to apologize for being annoyed with the banner. That's fine. Just be careful with your choice of words.

I'm also not pleased with an all-female banner, and the tempest reward being another female user and a red sword. But I'm more worried that Eirika makes a dangerous precedent. Still, I'm happy for people who are happy and just wait to see what comes next.

Alright, fair enough.

And yeah, I'm not pleased with that either. I'm probably sending Marisa home when I get her. I have more than enough red sword units and she probably won't even be that good compared to who I have. We seriously need more TT units that aren't fucking red swords...

Myrrh and L'Arachel look amazing, and I may try to pull Myrrh.  I don't agree with giving Eirika an alt when there are so many other great SS characters they could have picked.  Makes me wonder what the point of CYL is if we're just going to get non-seasonal alts anyway.

Also, making another Eirika and having what looks like Ch. 15's map and not using "Rise Above" as the theme was a missed opportunity. =[

Edited by DLNarshen

1 minute ago, Sproutling said:

I have to admit that as much as I love Eirika, I'm pretty peeved that she got an alt for no reason rather than giving us a brand new Sacred Stones character. Poor Knoll. Also, why make L'Arachel a blue tome? Even a staff would have been better than that. People really won't have a reason to use her with Reinhardt still so readily available...I know that light magic is usually designated blue in Heroes but it's not a hard and fast rule they need to abide by. Hopefully her stats are great, because otherwise I can't see myself pulling for her even though she's one of my favorite characters.

Myrrh is a welcome addition and seems pretty strong. That's basically the only good thing I can say about this banner, as a Sacred Stones fan I'm really disappointed.

They went with the choice that would get more whales to spend money on. Eirika is far more popular and marketable than Knoll ever will. I can see the same happening with Garm.