Alice in Brexitland Mafia - Game Over

SB.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont have time to respond to anything but bard's post

49 minutes ago, Bard said:

would, by the way, disagree on this point. I think misinterpreting can be a very scummy thing. Specifically when you're using it as an excuse to misconstrue someone's words. Like when I said "Refa isn't worth attention" and Arcanite asked if that meant it was a nonsense case everyone should just ignore; no, it's just not worth my attention (in the post specifically).

The reason I don't like the part where you say "I have a reputation for misinterpreting" is that it reads like an excuse to go around misrepresenting people and then passing it off as, "Well, I just misread as I usually do".

I think people should make an effort to attain maximum clarity from what someone is saying. Scum win games by framing townies, and they don't have the healthy dose of paranoia the rest of us are blessed/cursed with. So it seemed like a cop-out to me when you said you have a reputation for misreading.

yes but... get this... once I realized I misread, I took all those things back. I'm not using it as an "excuse" to go around misrepping people; I just said that misreading people doesn't make me scum. I made some mistakes, once I realized I did, I corrected them. where am I using my misinterpretations to continue pushing cases AFTER I've realized what I'm doing is wrong? this whole thing is dumb. 

52 minutes ago, Bard said:

I don't know anyone here, I'm going to judge Arcanite for behaviour in this game, and it doesn't look well. Since you later parrot that he has a lot of posts but little content I don't see the problem!

the posts that I had an issue with occurred after your posts making this point though

53 minutes ago, Bard said:

This is a scrumptious waffle the likes only Serela ever makes for me. Dammit, Serela, I miss you. But this is one of those classic waffles (IDK IF THIS IS SCUMMY LOL) and it's nitpicky to boot. I wasn't deciding whether Refa was or was not scummy and in that sense did not lend it much of my attention. I did look at people who happened to be involved in it, but whose actions were sufficiently scummy to warrant a post.

It's like you're playing Pokémon and now sitting there going "GOTCHA!", but you don't even have the guts to go forward and say, "It's actively scummy." What was the point of bringing forward how you disliked it? Why do you feel it's "giving Refa's wagon a lot of attention" when my contention was with the posters and their content, not necessarily their motivations for voting Refa?

i heavily disliked it because you're making this pompous grand statement like "LOOK AT ME I'M PURPOSELY NOT READING REFA'S WAGON!!!!" and actually you are. your contention was with their content, and their content was their votes on Refa??? i'm also not waffling because I never said it was scummy, because I couldn't find any scum intent in it. it just makes me feel uncomfortable.

56 minutes ago, Bard said:

Also, you did admit to misreading and you did say you had to read again to see what someone meant; so you obviously do admit you are misreading people and after being called out on it, happily continue the stint.

That last post also invites a WIFOM conversation.

wtf are you talking about??? i KNOW I misread, and once I misread, I clarified what I meant or took it back. i'm not "happily continuing stints". wrt the weapons misread- i thought he was saying X, which I liked, but he was saying Y. once I realized this, I said X because that's what I actually found suspicious with Refa, and then I said I didn't like Y.

i seriously have no idea what you're trying to say about my play. here's my opinion on yours- I cant look at any of your posts and say "this has scum intent". but I dont like most of what you're saying and your tone makes me uncomfortable. I have you as a minor suspicion because of this.

1 hour ago, Eurykins said:

I really like Bard's posts for the most part, but Refa/BBM remain as highest priority currently. 

Is he your top town read? What are your reads?

Eury can go, would still like Prims, that's the homerun play. Bard is trending down. Good game so far.

26 minutes ago, Omega. said:

I find it bizarre that Refa is saying that he thinks Prims is likely town because of the bad cases, but presents waffley stuff on Arcanite/myself/BBM. Like, who else in the game reads Prims as town? That could be him being privy to information that townies don't have. And even if he has me as null, I feel like he has more than enough information to move closer towards a solid read on Arcanite/BBM. Refa continues to play like scum, the kind who keeps their options open. The good news is that he did give my thought process consideration when voting whoever he did over me at the time, but he can easily fake that as scum.

I have a solid read on all three of those slots, and have never waffled on you.

On 3/4/2018 at 6:59 PM, BBM said:

anyways I'm an informed townie; was just waiting for some wording confirmation from SB. scum have some sort of kill that takes effect at the end of the day phase. guessing it's not every day though cuz that would be dumb.

I saw some discussion regarding this, so here's my two cents. That BBM is "informed" is probably not a lie in itself, but as far as alignment goes I'm not factoring this much into my read on BBM. What, by the way, does ITP stand for?

23 hours ago, Arcanite said:

so 3 townies might die first day if we mislynch then?

That certainly puts an interesting twist on things...

Something about this feels very off on a tonal level. Yes, this is accurate. What about it?

I'm in agreement with Propeller Knight that Shinori's quick dismissal of BBM's post feels off, and to me Shinori's response to it:

22 hours ago, Shinori said:

I never said anyone did claim more information based off it.  If people want to speculate do it.  I actually asked a bunch of questions WRT speculation.  IF you would like to speculate then take the time to answer the questions I asked.  I just don't feel it will really be helpful from a logical standpoint until we know more.  And logically speaking that means it brings more harm than good doesn't it?

22 hours ago, Shinori said:

Sure vote me.  I just want to hear a logical argument as to how speculating something we don't really know anything about helps outside of reading tone.

feels like it's circumventing the issue. If you think it won't be helpful until we know more, wouldn't the opportune thing to do be to analyze it some and see what we could learn from it? I do like, at least, that you did make an effort to start discussion elsewhere with your question towards Refa on page 1.

22 hours ago, Refa said:

Voting someone purely for an ED1 claim is dumb; it just leads to a read that can't progress.  BBM himself needs to be scummy for me to vote him.  However, if you think my case is bad in a scummy way, why aren't you voting me?

So do you not think BBM is scummy then? If this is the case, what was your issue with his claim on page 1?

These are my current thoughts only up to page 2; I'm about to try another way of reading through everything that ideally doesn't leave me with 5-6 tabs open per page.

56 minutes ago, Omega. said:

Refa, regarding my "weak" reasoning/vote or whatever, well first I disagree that it's weak. Early game is a great time to find scum and reasons don't always need to be spelled out. Past that, if I accept your assertion that it's weak (which I don't, but will address for the sake of discourse), who cares? It's D1 dude, I'm not about to come in here with an essay or a bunch of quotes.

Your play is strange this game, and with Rapier's revelation I'm wondering if your freewheeling approach this game indicates that you're ITP. Why did my lack of explanation bother you, what do you expect from Town Omega?

You literally didn't give a reason for voting Prims.  It's not about your reasoning being weak, it's about not existing.

I'd expect Town Omega to have a reason for who he's voting.

28 minutes ago, Omega. said:

An addendum to my above post: if Eury flips mafia, I'd guess that Refa isn't aligned with her, though with 9 town we likely have an ITP and he's still a great candidate for that.

Don't like this post because it's keeping me open as a lynch candidate despite townie interactions.

2 minutes ago, Fenrir Aesir said:

So do you not think BBM is scummy then? If this is the case, what was your issue with his claim on page 1?

BBM's claim bothered me but how he handled it made more sense as town.

I'll look into BBM/Eury's posts later.

Day 1.4 - Votals
Prims (4): Omega, Via, Walrein, Weapons
Refa (2): Shinori, Arcanite
Eurykins (2): Refa, BBM
Arcanite (1): Prims
BBM (1): Eurykins
Shinori (1): Bard

Not Voting: Fenrir Aesir, Rapier

You have ~47 hours left in the day.  With 13 alive, it takes 5 to lynch and 9 to hammer.

1 hour ago, Refa said:

FTR, I meant that Arcanite assuming that I'm lying is idiotic.  I don't like shit talking peoples' votes because it'll just give them more fuel to fire at me during postgame...Anyways, yes, it made me feel good about my vote.  I'm pretty sure I've never stated a scumread on Prims.  BBM is leaning town because I'm starting to feel like all of the really scummy things about him are just disagreements.  Weapons is null because while I could see him as scum, there's nothing I feel confident pushing him on.  I questioned Arcanite on their Prims stance because it didn't make sense to me, and having a more defined stance would help my read on them, not because it was inherently scummy.  BBM is null; I was never fencesitting on him, I just didn't know what to make of him simultaneously being townie and scummy at the same time.  I'm bothered by BBM and Omega's votes on Prims, pretty sure I made that clear in my posts.

This is what I meant by waffley. I probably used the wrong word, I just meant statements where you don't make hard conclusions. Like BBM is learning town in one sentence and is null a few later. You're "bothered" by me and him; I find the wording malleable.

And no Refa, you yourself have stated there's likely an ITP. My understanding is that this site's use of ITPs usually require them to win over both mafia and town with a mutually exclusive win condition (by the way, if I'm wrong on this, I'd really appreciate someone correcting me). So even if Eury flips mafia, there's nothing "townie" about you finding her because it's just as doable as ITP. ITPs win for playing like Town all the time.

14 hours ago, Eurykins said:

I'm going to sleep after this post.

Shinori

As far as I know/have experienced in the past, this is the general consensus of the game of Mafia about limiting information we spoonfeed to the public. What is wrong about him attempting to close down the role speccing early on, when most games/senior players have generally supported that theory of not doing so? (What makes Shinori's actions here out of the ordinary?)

Vote isn't bad- understandable given Refa's activities at the time. 

So where are your gut/reads on Prims currently? Was his swap off of Weapons indicative of anything, or just something that left a bad gut vibe? 

@Shinori Where else do your reads lie? The vast majority of your posts are regarding responding to Refa/BBM, so interested in the rest of your reads on the playerbase so far.

EDIT: CANNOT GET WEAPONS QUOTES TO POST. REEEEEEEEEE

As of last night I was scum reading Refa, leaning scum on Prims, disliking Arcanite's follow up so kind of leaning scum on that and then mostly null on everyone else.  Now the way I'm gonna handle this post is I plan to respond to things over the past few pages that I need to respond to or that are focused on me, then eat, then probably come back and and respond to things that aren't focused on just me.  I'm feeling fairly out of it so I'll be breaking this post into two so that I will have an easier time with this.  Apologies but really not feeling well today.

Also I'm gonna put this here since there was stuff stated about this later: I don't see this post as defending me.  There isn't even really anything to defend me from?

12 hours ago, Bard said:

Re: Shinori

8 hours ago you made a post that started with "@Refa: Not voting you" and spending some time talking about how Scum!Refa doesn't jive with your expectations. You literally state:

So what is this waffle? Are you Serela? I'm not satisfied with "Refa is the scummiest even if I don't feel Scum!Refa'd act this way", since it feels like you're already covering your tracks in case he doesn't flip scum. How can you both think someone is scummiest and make the case against him being scummy?

How can this be considered legitimate scumhunting? (Read: It shouldn't be.)

I also don't like defensive posts that attack someone's character ("This is stupid", "Are you even reading properly?"). Yeah, you do address his content luckily but I think the ad hominem attacks are unwarranted.

##Unvote

##VOTE: Shinori

Don't like the waffle and Refa vote based off of "Scum!Refa wouldn't act like this but this is Scum!Refa."

BBM should substantiate why he feels his interpretation is correct rather than "lel i have reputation for misreading". Also less chatter about your role and more focus on actual things we can talk about.

Who's Serela?  Question: Why does Scum!Shinori get for throwing poo at Refa, in what would be an attempt to slander him, and then vote him anyway before other people even have a chance to follow up or respond?  If the aim is to slander them or make them seem bad without me myself having to be the catalyst then I wouldn't have voted him before people could comment on things.  Also I don't think I waffled at all on my Refa case.  I specifically stated that it was bad and the play was scummy, but during my first few posts I just don't see why scum would act in a manner he did in general.  After thinking of it more I decided that scum could act this way and last game had multiple examples of scum acting in weird manners so it was plausible.  At that point in time I voted him because he had done the most scummy thing in the thread imo and I felt it deserved questioning.

How can what be considered legitimate scum hunting? You didn't really have anything labeled as an example here to really argue against?  Unless you imply my entire play is not scum hunting in which case I would say that's your opinion on my play style.  I also then ask, Why isn't it scumhunting?  I've pushed people I felt deservered pressure, I've commented on things that people have done that is scummy and I've pointed out scum-intent in both my refa case and Prims voteswap.  On a secondary note, is scum hunting the first and foremost thing to be done on early day 1?  What about just getting reads in general on most of the player base?  What about getting a couple of town reads to make your hunt for scum a little easier?

Commenting on something that is logically flawed and yelling at people for being dumb is something I do, apologies if it throws you off or you dislike it.

5 hours ago, Walrein said:

also on page 2: shinori makes a long post in which he states "i'm not voting refa but i do think it's weird that..." and then types for like 3 more paragraphs and then votes refa. which strikes me as Not So Good. weirdness around a person's vote and how they use it is usually scummier than not (see: me not voting for like 80% of d1 in cuphead)

I'll ask you the same questiong: Why would Scum!Shinori throw poo on someone and then vote them before other people really have a chance to respond?  Also I feel like this comment misreps part of what I stated when I made that big post.

Stating the reason for why I HADN'T been voting Refa followed by further reasoning as to why I then CHOSE to PUT my vote on Refa are two different things.  It's not waffling by any means, it give's reasoning as to why I hadn't vote for him previously while then stating my current opinion on him and why I was choosing to vote them now.

1 hour ago, Refa said:

OKAY I DID IT BOYS READ EURY AND BBM'S EXCHANGE (PEdit: Cut by more posts, fuck me) and the verdict is it makes Eury look like scum and BBM look...kind of better.

I specifically replied to all of Eury's points against me but I'm still not sure why I'm her strongest scumread.  Most of these seem to be disagreements over me being scummy.  I KNOW this isn't me being biased because I got the same impression about her points against BBM.  Why does Scum!BBM need to intentionally misread in order to form cases?  Very reminiscent of Arcanite's argument against me TBH.  The Shinori read bothers me the most though.  She's basically defending him (from who, I cannot say), but then sticks him in her lynch priority anyways because ???.  Prims/Via being there bothers me as well, as it seems like the sole reason they're on the lynch priority is for sharing a vote w/me.

BBM just looks better because I can get where he's coming from with his replies.

For what it matters I already commented on this: I don't think Eury was defending me.  I found her lynch priority weird but I just assumed it was more or less something along the lines of: "I want to lynch this person or this person and these other three people are literally the only people who have posted."  Also I don't think you were her strongest scum read?  I'm 90% sure she's voting BBM and in her lynch priority she even states "Refa = BBM"  This is kind of a misrep and combined with the previous Arcanite misrep I dislike it.  I feel like a large portion of this post is talking about her lynch priority which I don't think is a really strong argument.

57 minutes ago, Refa said:

At the time I posted, no one else was scummy.  This is not tunneling, and you expecting me to have more reads in ED1 is bullshit.

1. Objectively false.

2. All of my posts had a purpose.

3. Read above.

I don't think it's wrong of me to assume that people in a lynch priority are there to be lynched.  It's on you to state otherwise, not me.

You spent like four sentences defending him, one stating that his vote was understandable, and the rest asking him questions with no issues being presented.  I don't even disagree w/what you said regarding Shinori, but what about him specifically makes him null to you considering this?

1: Objectively true, the fact is that I believe, as well as multiple other people it seems, that your initial BBM attack was scummy and it was weird that you didn't actually vote them considering it was RVS and you don't need any specific reason to vote someone.  Generally it consists of just voting for any semi-decent reason you can find.

2: This is false.

3: I think this is fine, not having a bunch of scum reads when its like page 3 is understandable.

4: This is true, Eury's entire lynch priority could have used a bit of clarification.

5: I still don't see her defending me anywhere, although I feel it's weird because her post implies she's reading me as more town yet according to her I was in a null area for her lynch priority.

40 minutes ago, Refa said:

Oh.  I still don't get the issue w/Prims wagoning to add pressure...I don't think his reasoning for wagoning Arcanite is bad for ED1.

I don't think your roles directly conflict either.  It just seems weird to me that there's an actual informed role and then yours which doesn't really accomplish much, especially in a game with 9 town and 4 antitown.  So much for role madness. It's also possible that Rapier is just scum, but I don't have a read on him.

1: He had more reasoning to vote weapons and his vote swap was based off of a weak tonal argument.  He also waited until others voted Arcanite before putting himself there, I don't think that's all that great.  Like in the context of looking at his Arcanite vote you have to look at his weapons vote, do you feel his Arcanite vote had more merit at the current time?  If NOT then why do you feel that his Arcanite reasoning was fine in comparison?

I don't think the roles conflict but I also don't entirely believe it?  I have a theory but I'm not sure if I should ask the question I want to ask because it potentially helps scum more than town.

Prims wagon is feeling weird to me though, I dislike Prim's play earlier and am still leaning scum on him but I felt this wagon built up weirdly.  I don't know how to explain this because it's just a weird gut feeling.

Currently not really liking the Eury cases though, will comment more on this during my second post.

@Fenrir AesirI disagree.  I proved this by stating that there are too many unknown's at that current time to actually gain any information from it.  I myself posted like 6 or so potential questions that could be asked and I felt even if they were answered at that time they didn't do anything for us.

@Omega.I already know and can reliably see Refa and BBM's standpoint and case on Eury but the only thing I'm seeing you state is "Eury can go."  Does this imply a scum read?  If so could you further elaborate on this?  What stands out as scummy play or has scum intent behind it?  Why is the Prims wagon a good wagon in your eyes?  On the flip side does anyone on the wagon stand out to you?  I ask this because like I said I feel weird about the Prims wagon at the moment and I'm not entirely sure why so I want to hear some opinions on the Prims wagon.

Overall I think this is it for now, I'll be back in a few hours most likely.  Vote will stay on Refa for now but I still don't like Prims and I am getting bad vibes from Omega.  Next post will have more of other content in it.

@Shinori

I explained why I voted Prims here: 

Eury can go because I don't like the fact that she's pushing BBM as a top play; he's VERY obviously a horrible play this dayphase and scum are likelier to commit to a stance contrary to that than town. The quote I pulled is also foul.

The Prims wagon is good because it has me, BBM, Via, Walrein, and Weapons. As of right NOW I don't find any of those players scummy. What I'm saying it's not like I see a votecount and see scummy players on it, so a multitude of players who are null/town gives me good feelings about a Prims flip. Regarding you feeling weird about it, that's on you to figure out. You seem to dislike my slot so that could be where the feeling is coming from. What do you think of the other voters on it?

21 hours ago, Refa said:

Arcanite has never played scum before, so it reads as a botched attempt at blending in (especially considering the post doesn't contribute otherwise).  I thought she was sure that three townies would die, which read as scummy because how would Town!Arcanite be confident in that?  I did misread how confident Arcanite was, so I don't think the "three townies might die" thing is scummy anymore.  I still think the post reads as a botched attempt at blending in, and nothing else has bothered me so far.

I don't have any feelings towards Weapons.  Not reacting to BBM's claim isn't bad, it's just the only thing that stood out to me about his post.  Wouldn't have even mentioned it ordinarily, but wanted to get Prims' thoughts on the matter.

So what was it that made you think Arcanite was actually less confident in that? Because to me it still reads as someone trying too hard to look like they're uninformed. I especially don't like Arcanite's post on page 3 about this, as it looks like a lot of backtracking with things like, "Oh, I shouldn't have said it but I was just looking for reactions!" Their comment on the "will" vs "might" bit also feels like an overreaction to something that could have easily been a matter of Refa misreading or interpreting Arcanite's original post differently.

19 hours ago, BBM said:

anyways arcanite's response to the pressure against them wasn't good but neither were the votes against them.

i'm not really sure why you're voting them via? is it just because of what prims said? refa's vote is nitpicky but eh I can see it as town misreading a bit and thinking they caught some kind of slip. i feel like prims's vote here is the worst just because I don't really know what he's going for? arcanite's post talking about my claim IS kind of filler but like... so what? it's RVS. it also bothers me a bit that he didn't vote for it until after refa did.

given that this is only arcanite's second game I think I don't really think a poor response to pressure is alignment indicative. i'm a bit frustrated that they're getting run up early actually because now the majority of their d1 is going to be about the initial votes against them and their initial response and so forth and i feel like it's going to be hard to get a grasp on his alignment from that

There's still a difference between the way new players tend to play as town and scum. Arcanite's backtracking isn't something I'd expect from them if they were town, especially juxtaposed with how they immediately decided Refa was scum instead of considering the potential for a misunderstanding. 

19 hours ago, BBM said:

the questions in the first vote, like... it's RVS man, people just post stuff trying to get reactions bc there's nothing else to do; nobody goes into it looking for some specific type of reaction. questions in the second quote are better because the answers are not as obvious but I still feel like it's just throwing stuff at him.

4. it bothers me a bit that he realized his initial vote was a misread and then he spun it into something else. but that something else is also a plausible reason for a vote even if I don't think it'll be a fruitful one.

I don't understand the first part of this-according to you people post things trying to get reactions but no one goes into it looking for them? What's the point of RVS in your opinion then? I'm also in disagreement with your thoughts on the posts of Shinori's you quoted, although if there's a way to ISO people here I want to ISO Shinori myself because I can currently recall a lot of questions but not much analysis from them.

I like the point Weapons mentions regarding the lack of consistency in Refa's posts. Is there a chance that this is a multiball theme and Refa/Arcanite are scum of two different factions?

If you wanna ISO people there is a script that Makaze made that can be downloaded.  Check out the last page of Mafia headquarters.  I don't have said script so I dunno how to install it but it shouldn't be too complicated.

1 hour ago, Refa said:

You literally didn't give a reason for voting Prims.  It's not about your reasoning being weak, it's about not existing.

I'd expect Town Omega to have a reason for who he's voting.

Yeah when I read that post I had to do a double take and it seemed like you (Omega) had in mind what your reasoning was but in making the post forgot to actually write it out.

Man I do not feel like reading Mafia today. Kind of envious of Rapier's meta after seeing his post.

@BBM: "Also Prims hasn't done this much as town in the past. I remember because I've specifically voted him out of RVS for not purposely making wagons for reactions before and he was town." uhhhh is this a joke? why am I expected to approach RVS the same way every game? why would scum!Prims arbitrarily have different RVS conduct? but yeah I did vote Arcanite just for the sake of wagoning them, fight me. I don't agree that wagoning newbies is unfair; newbies can towntell in response to wagons and newbies can scumtell in response to them. I trust peoples' reading abilities well enough that expecting me to hold back and not do the obvious move to progress the game because there's a chance Arcanite could react badly as town is kind of ridiculous. fwiw re: this post I personally do not put much faith in meta especially with a sample size of one post so yeah I did not consider my Weapons vote strong at all, personally.

@Eurykins: Eury why are you using ISOs four pages into Day 1. Please read the thread like a normal person! Also please write shorter posts but lmao. To answer your question, though, I don't think other votes on Arcanite made them look worse so much as I was like "cool ED1 wagon time let's go" and was also easily willing to switch because I thought my Weapons vote kind of sucked? it was something I was hoping he would be around to respond to immediately but he wasn't so there was no point sitting on it. Arcanite's post bugged me more than Via's as a potential attempt to blend in, but my reaction to Via wasn't "I want to lynch him for this" to begin with so much as "this is weird, please explain".

@Walrein: calling Shinori scummy for "weirdness about his vote" then comparing it to your previous scum game doesn't really fly when what you pointed out (him not intending to vote refa then doing it anyway) and what you did in Cuphead Mafia (intentionally going most of the phase without voting) are completely different actions in completely different contexts. this is a very dishonest dig at him. what do you think Shinori's scum plan is with that voting weirdness?

I said I thought my initial Weapons vote sucked but actually let's take another look at this slot now that he's posting more:

18 hours ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

Looking back, I probably should've said something, but I haven't played in a while and forgot the value of just saying stuff. Also Prims would use Last Known Meta.

Needless self-deprecation! (while under fire for potentially being lurky, no less)

5 hours ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

ugh weapons all this content is a bunch of null where are your scum reads

More self-consciousness. This is followed by a wagon hop on me, which he justifies interestingly:

4 hours ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

I’m trying out a new meta, where I explain my thought process. Originally I didn’t really read Prims because he was voting me, but after PK said they were getting scum vibes I looked back and felt the same. And I mean I’m not going to avoid wagon hopping just because it’s popular.

except Weapons had previously looked at my posts enough to say he thought my vote was reasonable so huh??? caught in a lie. I don't think this change in opinion or the wagon jump is realistic, it looks like a way for scum!Weapons to be Doing Something but not be held accountable for making content since it's a sheep. Combined with weird self-consciousness in his earlier posts I feel pretty good about voting here.

##Unvote
##Vote: Weapons

Eury still harping on the possibility BBM is misreading on purpose doesn't look good to me and so I start to wonder if she's forcing reasons / tunneling on purpose as scum so she doesn't have to find a new vote. I dunno man I try to read her posts and it seems like she nitpicks at him with these weird blobs of text about gameplay theory I glaze over because they're not actually explaining why he's scummy or worth voting? I would be fine voting her off as well. (Feels bad wanting to lynch all the people who haven't played in a while, but that's just how it is sometimes, I suppose.)

ugh fenrir aesir with the elie-style quotestripe catchups that nobody actually wants to read I almost want to kneejerk suspect him on that alone. and then I actually read his post and saw this:

1 hour ago, Fenrir Aesir said:

I like the point Weapons mentions regarding the lack of consistency in Refa's posts. Is there a chance that this is a multiball theme and Refa/Arcanite are scum of two different factions?

uhhhhh this is a very outrageous claim to come up with if you haven't gotten to the numbers claim yet! I don't think anybody goes into mafia games thinking "yeah this is probably multiball", like, it's not something I would ever consider UNLESS I knew the game was 9:4. but because we /do/ know the game is 9:4 thanks to Rapier, multiball might actually be plausible, which means this could be a slip? what are the odds of town theorizing about this unprompted just to justify suspecting two people who don't make sense as buddies? if we get a flip from a Scumteam B then this is going to look very weird.

but even ignoring that this is kinda scummy dude! it looks like you're reaching to justify that you could support the lynch of both these players, in a way that spreads paranoia at that. in any case I really wish you would just like, read the thread first, and post the most important impressions you get once you've actually read everything. like I'm doing right now.

I don't really think BBM is scum even though his vote on me was lame I swear he votes me over RVS actions in every game now. I feel relatively fine about Arcanite now that they've posted more, it just looks like their posts from Kemono Friends but a bit more of a grasp on what Mafia is now. So uh, Weapons > Eury > Fenrir, with a nagging feeling about Walrein's push on Shinori as well, but not strong enough that I'd actually vote him, as he had other reasons for it too and I think the rest of his content is basically acceptable even if he is on the wrong side of history.

Refa, you're arguing that I, as scum attacking Prims, did not have a reason in mind when voting him? And you think that I, as scum attacking Prims, would not have a reason ready in case I was called out for it?

Like, do you really think I'd go for a D1 lynch of Prims without any reasoning on my part like that is some kind of easy task I can get away with?

to clarify: I voted Prims because his scumhunting doesn't come off as genuine as it usually does, and two big things stuck out at me--

first the comment he made towards me buddying him was weird, first off because he doesn't seem to think I'm scum and if he brought it up to reaction test me he definitely dropped it way faster than I was expecting. I gave a half-assed explanation for why it came off like I was trying to buddy him & for why my votes were all over the place and he kinda just handwaved it. he tends to do this in games kinda often, probably because the way I defend myself as town is SUPER different from the way I defend myself as scum. and I didn't really see the same motivation or conviction here?

and his weapons case also reads like making it for the sake of it (inorganic, in a scum way); he could just attach himself to it and explain vaguely there's meta reasons for it and there isn't really any way to question that, especially for people who haven't played with weapons before (which is like a good chunk of this game)