Etrian Odyssey 3 Mafia - Game Over

Grace

athena for the record I did not mean to attack you but please don't say things like I've been unproductive or useless, it really bums me out. I was only referring to your comment regarding eury, I wasn't regarding anything else you've said this game. it just felt like you dismissed her very easily.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also what do you mean i haven't been posting any reads I literally just did this is really frustrating

and what do you mean I'm not taking you seriously I never said that. I was trying to explain why I said the things I said, I didn't mean anything personally

8 minutes ago, Kokichi Oma said:

jYour Marth vote wasn’t trying to get him lynched, that’s what I mean by not commiting. Your transition between Boron/Marth feels like it was missing steps that I feel like town Omega would describe better, it feels like you picked a read that’s hard to object to because it’s reasoning isn’t really laid out that clearly.

You had more convicion in a post earlier this rl day but then I read the actual content and couldn’t buy into it. It feels like you made your conclusions and worked backwards, especially when it came to your Marth read.

Also I think you’re scummier but there’s no wagon to be had there now and there hasn’t been since Prims unvoted.

There is still scum between Boron/Marth; I've gone back and forth in the interest of generating reads and it's hard to pinpoint between them when Boron has made like 5 posts and Marth disappeared for a chunk of the Day. I don't really see how you expect me to push Marth when we have Clarinets alive and few posts to go off of.

As for picking a read that's hard to object to, do you really believe that? Marth is largely being townread in this game, for reasons I really do not get. Boron had some people defend her and/or call her town as well. Not a very good strategy as scum and I'm having trouble believing this is your first avenue.

One thing that slightly pings me about Eury is the fact that I feel she might be using a strat I had told her to use in our last game.  But I don't really want to go into this because it's not the same exact thing.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Okay, here are some thoughts in no particular order:

I'm feeling okay on Shinori now, and I feel like I understand where his vote is coming from better.

The Via vs. Shinori argument doesn't look like scum vs. scum, I highly doubt it was staged. Of the two, I feel like Via comes off looking worse, especially because of the huge font bolded post accusing Shinori of calling them Clarinets' scum buddy. There was nothing in Shinori's posts that implied that, so it feels like an overreaction coming out of nowhere. I don't really have a problem with them saying they don't have a read on Clarinets because they hadn't read the rest of the game, but it is odd that they didn't just say that when Shinori asked them about thoughts on Clarinets the first time, so that doesn't sit too well with me.

Weapons and Omega need to step it up. I'd like to hear if Weapons's scum reads have changed, I think the last reads he had were the trio who were scum from the last game. Has that changed at all? Omega, I can't recall anything he's really talked about besides Marth vs. me and maybe Clarinets.

Something bothers me about SB, I think it's because I feel like he's less engaged than he usually is. And his Eury vote is worded in a rather wishy-washy way. Not really liking this slot.

Eury also feels less engaged than I recall her being. I don't expect her to make wallposts with this obnoxious software and when she's busy IRL, but she just seems detached and not really getting into the game. In the first big post that she made, she was asking a lot of questions based on stuff that was going on, but it also feels like she didn't really do anything with them on follow-up posts? While she has stated some suspicions of people over her posts (like Clarinets is white noise, Marth's vote feels slightly OMGUS-y), I feel like there hasn't been really a lot of progression. It is kind of the same two people she suspected earlier, and Bartozio whose case on her she found to be questionable. It looks like trying to contribute but not really contributing. Between Eury and Via arguing, I don't feel like both of them are scum, but I feel worse about Eury.

Marth ... he's not my biggest scum read anymore. I don't feel completely great about him, but at the very least I have no issues with his later content and he sounds all right in the later posts, too.

##Unvote

##Vote: Eury

As for Clarinets, yeah, he hasn't done anything aside from that one "contributory" content post. It's still scummy, and I would consolidate here. My vote is on Eury, though, since she actually had some interactions and done stuff I felt was scummy, while Clarinets just non-existed.

Posting this now because fuck I've been cut too many times.

Is my/Weapons' needing to produce more alignment indicative? What in Marth's posts have you feeling better about him? Is he third behind Clarinets/Eury or am I/Weapons in that spot now?

6 minutes ago, Vi-astra said:

athena for the record I did not mean to attack you but please don't say things like I've been unproductive or useless, it really bums me out. I was only referring to your comment regarding eury, I wasn't regarding anything else you've said this game. it just felt like you dismissed her very easily.

Okay, sorry about that, I just got sort of pissed and I tend to exaggerate when that happens. What I meant was not unproductive, but less productive then optimal. You contributed, but you could have contributed more if you'd given your take on Clarinets as well.

5 minutes ago, Vi-astra said:

also what do you mean i haven't been posting any reads I literally just did this is really frustrating

Same thing, you did post reads just now, but I'd have liked some earlier on Clarinets.

2 minutes ago, Vi-astra said:

and what do you mean I'm not taking you seriously I never said that. I was trying to explain why I said the things I said, I didn't mean anything personally

I mean the "You wouldn't understand"-statement which really rubbed me the wrong way, which got worse and pissed me off when it sort of continued in your recent posts.

TL;DR I'm sorry, I didn't mean to attack you either. I exaggerated a bit because I got angry, which I shouldn't have done. The point is, I would've liked more on Clarinets and felt you were tunneling on Eury too much.

last night I couldn't concentrate on reading clarinets and I kept dismissing it because I figured I would today but I realize yeah that was kinda dumb I just was really excited and went kinda overboard

3 minutes ago, Omega. said:

Is my/Weapons' needing to produce more alignment indicative? What in Marth's posts have you feeling better about him? Is he third behind Clarinets/Eury or am I/Weapons in that spot now?

Weapons, no. You, if you don't talk about things besides Marth and me from early game by D2, yes. I get that you think there is scum between us. That's fine. But it feels like you're focusing on only that to the exclusion of everything else. If Marth and I both dropped dead right now and we both flip town, what then? What have you contributed to the game? What else would you look at? Marth in his later posts is looking at other players and giving thoughts on them, so I at least know how he feels about some of the other players. He's contributing.

Eury >= Clarinets > SB

Also, next time please don't quote the entire post. It's big and not all of it is relevant to your question.

and yeah sorry about my snide comment it was more meant to be a joke at first but I shouldn't have done that

@WeaponsofMassConstructionI don't remember off the top of my head so I'll have to reread it later and check.

Phase end in 1 hour 22 minutes and I may not be around in a little bit as I'll be playing video games.  So I may vote Clarinets sometime in the next 20-30 minutes.

When I do Clarinets will be at L-1 assuming I counted votes correctly.

My take/summary on Eury in chronological order:

Page 1: RVS, move along
Page 2: Still RVS, Eury posts some not really productive questions. I don't like it, but what else can you do at this point in time.
Page 3: More questions.  She says (pretty clearly imo) she approves of the wagon and I interpreted what she said as  "I'd vote if the wagon weren't so big"
Page 4: Bart is the first to attack. I feel the case is nitpicky, I've said so before. HOWEVER I agree with Bart's notion she's been unproductive.

My feelings at that point (On Eury stuff): At first I agreed with Bart, but that dropped off later. I was annoyed by the lack of contributions, but felt null overall. I personally felt Clarinets was worse, but approved of there being a second wagon, despite me feeling null on it.

Page 5: Nothing of relevance
Page 6: More questions from Eury, a few statements, a vote on Clarinets. Via hops along the 'wagon' because 'It's the best existing wagon atm'. He's told it's not really a wagon, realizes that's true, but decides to stay because... (see page 7)
Page 7: Via attacks Eury for suddenly deciding to vote Clarinets, despite declining to do so earlier. Shinori 'defends' Eury.

My thoughts at that point (On Eury stuff): Sort of satisfied with Eury's stuff. (Reading back, I like it less though). I think Via's attack is weird and comment on it, my reasons are pretty much Shinori's reasons, as the phase is ending and commiting to the vote seems natural as a hammer is less threatening.

Page 8: Prims says he doesn't like Eury for gut reasons. SB votes on meta reasoning and wagon strategy.
Page 9: Nothing much

My thoughts at that point (On Eury stuff): Not in love with SB's vote, it's a bit vague. (Gets rectified later though).

Page 10: Boron hops on the wagon because he feels Eury has been 'fake contributing'. Bart checks out, leaving his vote on Eury to enable a swap. SB clarifies his earlier vote, saying it's about the meager actual contributions as well.
Page 11: Nothing (yet)

My thoughts at this point (On Eury stuff):

Reading back, I'm less satisfied with the Eury stuff, I'm inclined to agree it didn't contribute a whole lot. I can get behind the case on her, but feel it's still not a more pressing matter than Clarinets.

Shifting my read on her from null to slightly scum. Definitely staying on Clarinets though.

I'd love some stuff from either Eury or Clarinets atm.

I'm not going to be around at phase end. I'll be around in the next five minutes, so if you have anything you need to say to me then ask now.

Also, if Shinori ends up voting Clarinets and Clarinets votes Eury out of self-preservation we're on 7 vs 5. What happens after someone vote-swaps and its 6 vs 6? No lynch? If that's the case, what can we do to prevent that (besides force hammer)?

Ok, I went back and reread Eury and I don't really see it. Bartozio's first case against her I read as interpreting the semantics incorrectly and I think Eury pointed out the way it was supposed to read, which I agree with. I think Via's point was a bit too zoomed into a few details, and think the rest of what Eury's done has been fine. I don't see what others are saying about empty contribution as I've read it more as Eury being cautious with her reads; the middle section of her post on page 6 is illustrative where she goes through a bunch of town/null reads and expresses doubt about how to read people, which is a towntell imo. Not going to hard defend her if it comes to a lynch, and not super town reading her either, but just saying that I'll need better reasons than what I've seen so far.

It's a quarter past midnight here and I kind of want to go sleep, but I figure I should be giving Clarinets a chance to respond so I guess I'll stay for a bit longer, probably to phase end. I don't think he's going to show up though.

Who needs to be properly awake for that Quantum Mechanics test tomorrow anyway

Votals 1.3

Clarinets (7): Weapons, Athena, Prims, Eury, Omega, Bluedoom, Shinori
Eury (4): Bartozio, Vi-astra, Kokichi, Sunwoo
Not Voting: Clarinets

Clarinets is at L-1! With 12 alive, it takes 4 to lynch at deadline, 8 to hammer. Phase ends in 32 minutes.