Etrian Odyssey 3 Mafia - Game Over

Grace

1 hour ago, Omega. said:

There is still scum between Boron/Marth; I've gone back and forth in the interest of generating reads and it's hard to pinpoint between them when Boron has made like 5 posts and Marth disappeared for a chunk of the Day. I don't really see how you expect me to push Marth when we have Clarinets alive and few posts to go off of.

That's kind of the point though,  I don't get why you're suspecting Marth you just say his posts are bad and you think the town/scum thing is still there. Wrt "hard to object" I mean that you haven't really given a way to refute it because of how vague your reasons are.

1 hour ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

I did think Omega’s reasoning for saying Marth v Boron was town v scum was pretty weak, but I didn’t scumread him for it. @Kokichi Oma what makes you think that was scum logic instead of town logic?

I think I kinda answered this but I think that Omega would have either more detail or less confidence in his suspicions. I can't get why he feels so strongly about them so it feels like he's making them up rather than coming up with them naturally and I don't think it fits with trying to progress the game either.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all decided to string up the rather quiet Clarinets.

Dear Clarinets,

You are Tim, the Wildling.
You begin with 40/40 TP.

You are the summoning class in this game. You have the ability to call varying different animals to the battlefield, with even more varying utility effects.

Call Mole (30TP): You may use this action with the command ##Call Mole toward USER. You will see who your target visited that night.

Call Bird (10TP): You may use this action with the command ##Call Bird to give a message to USER. You may send a 500 character maximum message to any player, which they will receive anonymously.

You are aligned with Armoroad, and you win when all threats have been eliminated.

Oops. 

It is now Night One. You have 24 hours to submit night actions. Phase ends at midnight GMT 3/20.

You all awake to another day, hopefully able to find the insurgents among you. Alas, Kokichi did not live to see another day:

Dear SB,

??????????????

An unfortunate fate, one of obscurity, as no one will ever be able to figure out who they really were.

It is now Day Two. With 10 alive, it takes 4 to lynch at deadline, and 7 to hammer. You have just under 72 hours to decide on a lynch. Phase ends at midnight GMT 3/23.
Night results are going out shortly.

##Vote: Marth

Scum for his early game, comment about Clarinets flipping town (suggesting inside knowledge mafia are privy to, I doubt a townie says that), and another reason I'll give below.

Regarding Boron, well, I was suspecting a scum between her/Marth, but she has on a few occasions expressed discontent with my alleged lack of content and has at least pressed me, as well as some other things I'd have to go back and look at to remind myself. Contrast that to Marth who slapped me on the scumread and was like, "Didn't he fail to give a reason as to why I'm scum?" I read that as a scumpost from Marth; it read as too passive and had an "I don't care about actually working out Omega's alignment" air to it. Likelier to come from scum pushing back against a townie scumreading them than someone of town alignment; the latter would have more passion and even engage with the read or call for more pressure on them. I also suspect a scum or two has slapped me on their scumlist considering my slot's standing in the game and he's probably one of them; if I was scum, I'd scumread me too. Circling back to Boron though, I'd put serious consideration in her direction should Marth/SB both be town, but I really, really, really doubt both are.

I have no idea what to make of Eury, the wagon/heat on her, and what that means for solving the game at the moment. Last game people called her scum and wall wars ensued which I largely did not read, but found her through scummy pushes. I don't know that she's done that here. I read her posts and they can go either way for me; I guess other people are getting scumvibes there and they've played more with her, so meh, I'll track how that develops today. If she's innocent though, then we are in deep shit as the biggest wagons yesterday that had lynch potential were Clarinets, her, and myself I believe, so that'd be 3 townies.

Also, RIP Clarinets. As soon as Marth and SB came in here talking about Clarinets potentially flipping town, I got that nasty feeling from scumposts, the ones where scum come in the thread and declare the sinking ship of a townie lynch as unlikely to hit scum. Similar thing Bard did last game.

Shinori, I'm wondering what you make of me and SB's spat?

I typed this up before the flip but SB is gone now and I don't feel editing more; I had a paragraph in here wondering what SB was. RIP and so much for that, I guess SB was town. I'm not sure what the team is at the moment and am hoping to get more clarity today.

Okay, it's 1 hour past midnight here, so I'm going to bed now, but wanted to see what had happened first. My best guess is that 1 scum member was NOT on the scum wagon. There could be 0 or 2, or heck, even 3 but I'm pretty sure scum (most likely multiple) helped fuel this wagon and there's probably one chicken scum member not on it. I'm hunting for that last one, cause it's easier atm imo. Of the non-voters I'm most okay with Via and Boron as they expressed clearly they preferred a Eury lynch, mostly Via whom I was reading town anyway, whereas Bartozio expressed they preferred the Eury wagon, but felt there was merit in having a second wagon. This could be scum encouraging a wagon without jumping on it, so for now, he is my biggest scumread.

Note I felt the same about SB as I feel about Bart, but well... You know. So I cut that part out of this post, leaving me with:

##Vote: Bartozio

I've also re-analyzed the people who voted Clarinets, completing my "read-list", but I'd rather see what people have to say first before revealing that as I see little merit in doing so now and would rather gather more info first.

nice announcement. 

##vote: eury

I'm going to re-evaluate my reads on Omega and Boron because currently I'm on the fence about both of tthem, though feeling a little worse about Omega as per what I said yesterday. stay tuned for more content, coming soon to a mafia near you

On 3/18/2018 at 7:27 PM, Grace said:

Votals 1.3

Clarinets (7): Weapons, Athena, Prims, Eury, Omega, Bluedoom, Shinori
Eury (4): Bartozio, Vi-astra, Kokichi, Sunwoo
Not Voting: Clarinets

Clarinets is at L-1! With 12 alive, it takes 4 to lynch at deadline, 8 to hammer. Phase ends in 32 minutes.

Quoting the above so it's front and center at the start of Day.

Via, I "coached" Clarinets cuz he struck me as a noob. I figured if he was, that wagoning him would just lead to him freaking out and making himself look scummy regardless of his alignment cuz that's what always happens in games. Asking him for townreads is an easier way to get him involved in the game than just dogpiling him and if he's scum, who he names and why could create some leads. Win win. Are you really arguing that it was scummy of me to try engaging the wagonee? Dude I could have just hopped the wagon and no one would have cared, don't see why you're hung up on this.

##Vote: Eury

Reasons from last phase stand. Also, I hit my head pretty hard when I was getting out of my car earlier. I think I'm going to take it easy.

I guess I should say that I received a TP restoring item last night. This means y'all can be more liberal with your night actions cause someone out there's doing late night deliveries. Which is a real lifesaver if you ask me; don't you hate it when have to go but you don't have any TP and the stores are all closed and you have to hold it until morning?

bro now that you've claimed that though

1. you die cuz you've claimed an investigative role basically
2. the night action delayer can use it multiple times (unless you're saying you will get your result N2, but outcome 1 can still happen in this case)

sorry bout this but im not gonna get the content out until tomorrow im bushed. thought i would tonight but nah

This night result is making me think SB died because of his role and the actual nightkill target of scum got docsaved or something. Hoping the announcer will have more relevant stuff to share soon...

Anyhow, looking back at D1, I'm not a fan of how easily Marth dropped the no-couterwagon argument when I argued against it. Especilly after the Clarinet flip, I agree with Omega that It gives me the feeling it was more meant as a trow away comment to make himself look good then something he thought through. SB would be just as guilty for not even responding ofcourse but... yeah.

I'm still not a big fan of how Omega is so sure that the Born vs Marth thing was TvS, but I like his content of today more.

##Vote: Marth

6 hours ago, athena_57 said:

Okay, it's 1 hour past midnight here, so I'm going to bed now, but wanted to see what had happened first. My best guess is that 1 scum member was NOT on the scum wagon. There could be 0 or 2, or heck, even 3 but I'm pretty sure scum (most likely multiple) helped fuel this wagon and there's probably one chicken scum member not on it. I'm hunting for that last one, cause it's easier atm imo. Of the non-voters I'm most okay with Via and Boron as they expressed clearly they preferred a Eury lynch, mostly Via whom I was reading town anyway, whereas Bartozio expressed they preferred the Eury wagon, but felt there was merit in having a second wagon. This could be scum encouraging a wagon without jumping on it, so for now, he is my biggest scumread.

I think you're mixing things up here. I never said I wanted to lynch Eury over Clarinets. I only left my vote there in case you guys wanted to switch because of a last minute Clarinet claim or something. I don't think I talked about there being merit in a second wagon either, I just suspected both of them...

7 minutes ago, Vi-astra said:

bro now that you've claimed that though

1. you die cuz you've claimed an investigative role basically
2. the night action delayer can use it multiple times (unless you're saying you will get your result N2, but outcome 1 can still happen in this case)

2. The action got delayed, not blocked. I won't have to target Eury N2 to use it on her.

1. This why I shouldn't play mafia when I just woke up...

##Unvote

##Vote: Prims

I'm starting to talk myself into voting Eury because a good number of people are scumreading her and I should trust their combined judgements over my own right now. Does anyone else have any good reasons to townread her? And now with Bartozio's claim I think the group of players suspecting her is wholly towny? Anyways Prims hasn't done very much this game and fits the PoE.