We Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 After All! - GAME OVER

Iris

1 minute ago, Omega. said:

I understand V/V is common, but literally no one wanted to lynch eclipse before he replaced in. Without Makaze, highly unlikely she's ever a wagon.

Hi btw. We were in a light game like a year back with ReddBoiler, Adam, jumpluff, gbsfranca, etc. and got nkilled but still won. You've died quickly in every game I've been in with you so I'm saying hello while I have the chance.

yeah for some reason i have a hell of a hard time posting on sites that aren't MU

i remember that game fairly well, though, mostly because my reads were pretty garbage and i died anyways

re: Makaze, having against the grain opinions is what i would expect from them regardless of alignment, because that's just him as a person

now, if anyone who flipped scum/is in the scum poe tried to help further that eclipse wagon, that becomes a different issue, but if it's just makaze tossing a wolfread into the void with 0 chance of traction i don't really see the scum agenda

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Walrein said:

yeah for some reason i have a hell of a hard time posting on sites that aren't MU

i remember that game fairly well, though, mostly because my reads were pretty garbage and i died anyways

re: Makaze, having against the grain opinions is what i would expect from them regardless of alignment, because that's just him as a person

now, if anyone who flipped scum/is in the scum poe tried to help further that eclipse wagon, that becomes a different issue, but if it's just makaze tossing a wolfread into the void with 0 chance of traction i don't really see the scum agenda

JB and Shinori were both pushing it...

1 minute ago, Refa said:

Just ask @Makaze for his scum games TBH.  I know he's biased but I'm pretty sure I've seen at least one of his scum games that he was super proud of.

@Alette i see you reading, can you expand on why Snike can't be town? "He could be faking" = "he has to be faking"? That's a terrible reasoning. By that logic, you could have killed JB for towncred. So, there's no way that you aren't Mafia doing that.

And flipped town BBM.  I feel like there was someone else on the wagon at end of day.  I know I was on the wagon at some point.

13 hours ago, Snike said:

: I wasn't really a fan of lynching him that much on D1 and I'd still much rather Lynch Athena > Marth but I think Walrein raised a few questions which kind of pinged me towards Marth's actions, but maybe that's just me being biased and comparing what he did with his role to what I would do with my role.

Thanks Snike. Mm, this comment about Walrein is something wolves don't usually say about partners. It's more like riding a villager's coattails. Can't say it clears Walrein, but that's my thought on it at a glance.

if mak was the one to initiate the case it could just be opportunistic scum jumping at the chance to expand the poe

of course that could also just be me trying to confbias mak as town but i also just think he's been super villagery in a vacuum

Sorry I meant to respond to that Refa quote. My scum game was a Mentee game on MU where I randed Mafia and hardbussed my partner D1. I went on to CC the doc after they the tracker tracked them to themselves and I had been trying to kill the tracker that night. The claim was seen as so ridiculous that it towncleared me, and I am still proud of that game.

I have not been Mafia in any other long game.

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/14534-Staff-game-Badfellas

4 minutes ago, Walrein said:

if you're town and all you produce is this LG case, that's still not the most helpful thing in the world. i realize i'm the world's biggest hypocrite right about now but please give us something

Hmph

Playerlist in spoiler for convenience

Spoiler

Alette (replacing Fenrir Aesir (replacing Anime27Arts))
Arcanite (replacing Weapons)
athena_57
Baldrick (replacing eclipse)
Fable
Kaoz (replacing Bibbon)
Killthestory (replacing Zkirsche)
Lord Gaius (replacing Eärendil)
Mackc2 (replacing Nightmare)
Makaze (replacing zeus_112)
Omega (replacing Marth)
Refa
SatsumaFSoySoy + Snike (replacing Polydeuces)
SullyMcGully (replacing Elieson)
Via
Walrein

WELL the biggest cases, as I was told, were LG Mack SnikeFSoysoy and... I believe the Kirsche slot
I read everything from the beginning of day 3 up until page 93
I have some quotes 

On 4/18/2018 at 1:34 AM, Baldrick said:

@Arcanite

1. If all your friends jumped off a cliff, would you?

If you know what you're doing that's OK, but if you don't:

2. Read the end of Day 2: (pages 60-68) and look at what people say about the major wagons (junko, kirsche, eclipse). If you don't get anything from that, read the beginning of Day 3: (69-75) and comment on the cases that have been made.

1. Absolutely not

2. I will after I make this post, because I want to say stuff before I do and I also dont want to keep anyone waiting too long AGAIN

On 4/18/2018 at 2:10 PM, Killthestory said:

where should i start reading? i tried reading from the beginning and saw people not in the game and got bored. i wanna play sooner than later lol.

I guess this is the alternate method of subbing into a game of a ton of pages, where I chose to start from the beginning instead of ask about where I should read
Next time I'll try the same
I just didnt want to look like scum or just bad in general because I decided to not read from the beginning and scum usually prefers a passive play style anyway

23 hours ago, Lord Gaius said:

I'm pretty demotivated to play because every time I sub into a game I just get mislynched. I'm paperblade town bookie, if I predict correctly I get a vig shot. This is why i was alluding to SK kill on Shinori earlier. I'll try and do some reads later, not feeling up to it right now. 

If this is true, I am a lot more inclined to beleive that LG is town and not scum
Looking at LG's other posts I think I need a reiteration as to why people think he is scum anyway. Because I personally didnt exactly see anything that incriminating or "wow that is totally scum" looking, at least from what read and my point of view

22 hours ago, Vi-astra said:

mafia is a game and in the end the point is to have fun

Halfway through all of my games I've asked "why did I sign up for this"

22 hours ago, Vi-astra said:

tbh I might be sold on an Arcanite lynch ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's sad cause I think you're town
And here you are, wanting to lynch me

22 hours ago, Refa said:

There's that, but also I can imagine SK!Arcanite just shooting Shinori because Arcanite is known for death tunneling Shinori.

You think I'd shoot Shinori for the memes!?
I could have blocked him last game for the memes but I didnt >:(

Mack made a good case on SnikeFSoysoy which makes him look good in my eyes
SnikeFSoysoy... not sure where to place them... I don't think they're maf, I'd be more inclined to think some sort of other anti-town role than anything else but I still unsure. It's so hard to lump two players into one and associate accordingly :weary:
LG looks fine to me I guess? I want to know more as to why we think he's scum, and the same for Mack as well
Killthestory... their posts seem very town conscious, especially after seeing their little quibble with Via about "Hey dont say this because that tells scum too much" or something along those lines, in addition to other things. The thing that stood out to me was "fine but if anyone asks me for town reads piss off" (or something like that (Im not making anymore quotes so this isnt too painful to read)). Kinda screams "Anti-town role trying to blend in" to me. Like if it matters that much for you to say it but you back off so easily then why say it <.> especially since this is a game where saying anything requires a reason to say it, otherwise you're not even contributing at all. 

1 minute ago, Walrein said:

if mak was the one to initiate the case it could just be opportunistic scum jumping at the chance to expand the poe

he was afaik (him or bbm)

That said I don't like defenses so I will focus on solving instead of meta-ing. I strongly dislike things like Snike was doing re: "Do you REALLY think I could be Mafia AND do X, Y, and Z?"

Just now, Omega. said:

This is the typical mafia experience tbh

You have more fun if you're not afraid of being wrong TBH.

7 minutes ago, Makaze said:

I can agree with this. It did bother me too actually. I think Snike is hyper aware of bad looks and is playing around that.

Care to make a real case?

Well, I'm still uncertain over the Snoyke slot, so not sure whether you'd call it a case, but there are a few things that bother me

- The aforementioned argument where I said Snike was keeping Satsuma on a leash. I'd expect town!Snike to "let Satsuma roam freely" as more pushes can only mean more interactions and more info for town, whereas scum!Snike might be worried about scumslips/bad pushes. This fits in with the hyper self-awareness you mentioned.

- Their tunnels on me and Mack were pretty excessive and most importantly both escalated over counterattacks. It keeps on bugging me that I don't think they'd have gone so all in on me if I hadn't opened with a Satsuma push? Same with Mack, they only started really scumreading Mack once he attacked them. I'm not saying it's OMGUS/on purpose, in fact I think it's subconscious, but it's shady nonetheless.

- Their voteswitch from Junk onto Kirsche looks pretty bad

- Their interactions with Shinori are close to buddying

That being said, I think Snike has been a very productive player and when I use the word tunneling above, I'm using it a bit loosely as they did comment on others. Also, if we're doubting the Kirsche/Kill slot the voteswitch isn't bad. Some people have made the argument that their buddying with Shinori is obvious enough to make it unlikely to be scum partners.

My problem with this slot is that I like it overall, but there are these details that stand out to me as pretty bad. I really do not know what to make of it.

Just now, Refa said:

You have more fun if you're not afraid of being wrong TBH.

can confirm, am YOLOing despite having read maybe 25% of the thread and am having a surprisingly good time

@Arcanite why do you think snike+satsuma are nontown?

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

It's sad cause I think you're town
And here you are, wanting to lynch me

This is bad. This is pinging

I don't think I'm going to change on reread this time

Just now, Arcanite said:

Also what even is the case on myself anyway?

Are people just going off of Weapons' content or what

POE (Process of Elimination, a lot of slots are looking damn fine after three scum deaths and your slot is just there, especially when combined with a pretty neutral roleclaim), Weapons never really pushed hard until asked and even then it was mostly townreads, there were no strong pushes on him by the other flipped scum TMK, the biggest proponent of the Weapons lynch (BBM) died even though he wasn't exactly the most town), your reentry posts haven't really pushed anyone which isn't going to change minds, etc.

1 minute ago, Makaze said:

This is bad. This is pinging

I don't think I'm going to change on reread this time

I don't think it's telling; I remember getting bothered by Arcanite for similar expressions in past games and then they flipped town!

Day 3.13
Arcanite (5): Refa, via, Killthestory, Snike + SatsumaFSoySoy, athena_57
Lord Gaius (4): Kaoz, Fable, Omega., SullyMcGully
Snike + SatsumaFSoySoy (2): Mackc2, Alette
Killthestory (1): Makaze
Walrein (1): Lord Gaius

Not Voting: Arcanite, Baldrick, Walrein

There are ~24.5 hours left in the day. With 16 alive, it takes 6 to lynch and 11 to hammer.