Grand Hero Battle: Jamke

mampfoid

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

And I have tried. Do you have these available to you?

+0 Fjorm [=] (vanilla + Quick Riposte 2 Sacred Seal)
+0 Reinhardt [+Atk, not -Def, not -HP] (vanilla + Death Blow 3)
+0 Palla [not -Atk] (vanilla)
+0 Some Staffbot [whatever] (Some staff with 1 Range)

If Reinhardt isn't +Atk, you can give him the Attack +3 Sacred Seal. If Reinhardt only has Death Blow 2, give Palla the Spur Atk 1 Sacred Seal.

My Reinhardt is +10, so I nerfed some of his skills to simulate a +0.

U8ZlwL3.jpg

From left to right, start with Staffbot, Fjorm, Reinhardt, and Palla.

Player Phase 1

• Palla moves 2 square down into the forest.
  • Staffbot moves diagonal left-down.
  • Fjorm move 2 squares left right above Staffbot.
  • Reinhardt moves as far left as possible, in the square to the right of Fjorm.

Enemy Phase 1

• The blue knight suicides on Fjorm (32/39 HP).
  • The red mage suicides on Fjorm (25/39 HP).
  • The lance pegasus moves 2 squares down.
  • Jamke teleports to the right side of the lance pegasus.
  • The axe armor and sword knight move.

Player Phase 2

• Palla moves diagonally up-left to stand 3 squares below Jamke.
  • Reinhardt kills Jamke.
  • Fjorm moves 1 square to the left.
  • Staffbot moves 1 square to the left and heals Fjorm (39/39 HP).

Enemy Phase 2

• The lance pegasus attacks Reinhardt (2/38 HP).
  • The sword knight suicides on Fjorm (31/39 HP).
  • The axe armor moves to the left side of the lance pegasus.

Player Phase 3

• Reinhardt moves as far left as he can.
  • Palla moves as far down as she can.
  • Staffbot heals Fjorm.

Enemy Phase 3

• The lance pegasus moves straight down at Palla.
  • The axe armor moves down at Reinhardt.

Player Phase 4

• Reinhardt moves above Fjorm.
  • Palla teleports to the right of Reinhardt to get in range of the axe armor.
  • Fjorm moves below Palla to get in range of the lance pegasus.

Enemy Phase 4

• The axe armor attacks Palla (Palla: 37/42 HP, axe armor: 52/76 HP).
  • The lance pegasus suicides on Fjorm (9/39 HP).

Player Phase 5

• FINISH HIM! Reinhardt should have Blazing Thunder charged for a kill.

I would say I do, but my QR seal is fully upgraded, and while my Reinhardt is +Atk, I don't remember what his bane is. And he has a merge, so I can't really check it.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Anacybele said:

I would say I do, but my QR seal is fully upgraded, and while my Reinhardt is +Atk, I don't remember what his bane is. And he has a merge, so I can't really check it.

Quick Riposte 3 works fine. If Reinhardt has 27 Def, he's neutral Def.

It’s been a while since I tried one of these, but the game decided to have mercy on me and sent a neutral Fjorm my way a few legendary banners back, so I figured I might as well.

Obviously works fine with QR 1 and Guidance 1.

Edit: Attempt #2. Today, I actually used Bartre. First time for everything, I guess.

Spoiler

This one also works with QR 1, all you have to do is not forget to use Rally Def/Res on Fjorm on T1 =P .

Edited by LordFrigid

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

A merge only ups two stats by 1. Probably HP and attack, so just drop those by 1to check.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Quick Riposte 3 works fine. If Reinhardt has 27 Def, he's neutral Def.

Okay. He does have 27 Def, but you also said he can't be -HP. I'm not sure if he is or not.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Okay. He does have 27 Def, but you also said he can't be -HP. I'm not sure if he is or not.

Since he's +Atk and =Def, you can just give him the HP +3 seal to be sure, but 39 HP is neutral for a +1 Reinhardt.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Since he's +Atk and =Def, you can just give him the HP +3 seal to be sure, but 39 HP is neutral for a +1 Reinhardt.

Alright, seems he's not -HP either then. He's either -Res or -Spd. I guess I can try one or two more times.

1 minute ago, Tree said:

Do trees not boost defense? I thought for sure they did.

...I'm pretty sure only defense tiles boost def. Otherwise, what would have been the point of those since trees have been in the game since launch?

Edited by Anacybele

32 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Alright, seems he's not -HP either then. He's either -Res or -Spd.

If you have +atk, -spd, that is the best iv! (+atk, -res is still very good though.) I think mine is +atk, -def.

32 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...I'm pretty sure only defense tiles boost def. Otherwise, what would have been the point of those since trees have been in the game since launch?

Cavalry cannot use trees, and defense tiles do not slow unit movement like trees. I thought those were the differences. Perhaps I'm wrong. I'll go do some checks.

[edit]

Seems that they take the same damage with or without a tree. Guess trees don't help with defense. (That's rather sad. I guess my username is less effective now.)

Edited by Tree

9 minutes ago, Tree said:

If you have +atk, -spd, that is the best iv! (+atk, -res is still very good though.) I think mine is +atk, -def.

I don't know, and I don't really care right now.

I still cannot clear the map. I've tried substituting Ryoma for Palla since I'd rather use him. There seems to be no solution for me. I don't really feel like playing anymore anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't know, and I don't really care right now.

I still cannot clear the map. I've tried substituting Ryoma for Palla since I'd rather use him. There seems to be no solution for me. I don't really feel like playing anymore anyway.

I mean, the strategy I gave you requires Wings of Mercy on your red flier. You could at least, you know, try.

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I mean, the strategy I gave you requires Wings of Mercy on your red flier. You could at least, you know, try.

Didn't I just say that I DID try? And I didn't know I actually NEEDED Wings of Mercy, I thought that was just an option. I still like Ryoma more than Palla though.

Many f2p guides don't use any skill inheritance. Palla is commonly used in f2p guides because she comes with Wings of Mercy. It was probably assumed you knew that, so that's most likely why it wasn't specifically listed. If you don't use guides too often, then you might not know that. I guess you could inherit the skill to Ryoma, but there is a risk that the AI behavior would change.

49 minutes ago, Tree said:

Many f2p guides don't use any skill inheritance. Palla is commonly used in f2p guides because she comes with Wings of Mercy. It was probably assumed you knew that, so that's most likely why it wasn't specifically listed. If you don't use guides too often, then you might not know that. I guess you could inherit the skill to Ryoma, but there is a risk that the AI behavior would change.

I just used those characters because I know she has them and I had previously suggested using Palla for Wings of Mercy shenanigans to keep the lance pegasus from using Guidance.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Didn't I just say that I DID try? And I didn't know I actually NEEDED Wings of Mercy, I thought that was just an option. I still like Ryoma more than Palla though.

If you're getting frustrated, take a break!  The map isn't going anywhere for a few days!

13 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

@mampfoid Oh man, I love how Hinoka just sat that there. I'm always a fan of flier team clears especially involving Elincia and Cherche, and your Cherche continues to amaze me. She's truly a Cherche to aspire to.

Poor Hinoka, she was my first 5* Flier ever and my 2nd or 3rd 5* unit in general. I'd love to give her the refine and some other good skills, but she got stiff competition not only in Cordelia but also her nature is far from perfect. 

13 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

This was very nice to deal with after the two Abyssal battles. The guidance flier was easily the most annoying part of this entire map but it still felt pretty easy in the grand scheme of things.

Micaiah tanking & killing both mages without taking a scratch was a perfect start. I didn't know if it was necessary to tank so many blows with Marisa, but it made her incredible Ignis bomb possible again. Congrats! 

6 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Nice clear! Initiating the fight by hitting the Axe Armor is the simplest way to do it, really.

Thanks! Yeah, Everyone (especially the armor) was easy to reach, that was nice for a change. Could have started with the Cav, but a Cherche-quad seemed a good start to me. 

4 hours ago, Alexmender said:

@mampfoid Nice as always. I knew for sure that you'd go with Flier Emblem for this map with all the trees and stuff. It's funny how Hinoka was there as filler, as she didn't do anything.

Thanks! Hinoka gave Hone Fliers at least. I'd like to integrate her more, but it's hard to compete with Cordelia in matters of Galeforce. 

4 hours ago, Alexmender said:

After dealing with two Abyssal maps (I got too tired to upload the F!Grima battles) having an easy map was a nice change of pace and both me and Eirika appreciate having an easy map that she can solo with little trouble. This took 2 tries because I tried to clear it after waking up but that made me ignore that the Sword cavalier had Pass and he suicided into Cordelia the first time. 

Eirika back to glory. Didn't have doubts you'd succeed. Congrats! 

I was curious how and if Eirika would eat that Astra, but in the end it wasn't as threatening as I thought. 

5 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

It’s been a while since I tried one of these, but the game decided to have mercy on me and send a neutral Fjorm my way a few legendary banners back, so I figured I might as well.

That was neat, Narcian making the guidance butler so BK could equip QR. 

Batre! And you even used smite (didn't check if the Hone ATK on Fjorm was actually necessary though). 

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

If you're getting frustrated, take a break!  The map isn't going anywhere for a few days!

Good idea. I actually sometimes do that already too, now that I think about it. It just still kind of hurts that I struggle while everybody else finds it easy...

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I just used those characters because I know she has them and I had previously suggested using Palla for Wings of Mercy shenanigans to keep the lance pegasus from using Guidance.

Considering you can substitute most staff users, your guide is actually really good for fp2.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

It just still kind of hurts that I struggle while everybody else finds it easy...

You shouldn't feel bad if you are having difficulties. I used an overpowered, merged team and it still took me multiple tries. I started playing a little before the Black Knight tempest trial began, and had to manually play hard difficulty all the way up to 30,000 points (which was required for the 5* Black Knight). Regular Ike and Bowlyn were the only good units I had; when they fell fighting the Black Knight it was gameover. I tried team after team of my remaining units, and if lucky, could get maybe 5 or so HP damage on the boss before the inevitable gameover occurred. Most of my units couldn't even damage him at all (they weren't level 40), and those that could do a little damage, he would one-shot. It was exhausting, took every last one of my stamina refills, and I still barely reached 30,000 near the 14th day. I didn't get any of the rewards from 30,000 -100,000 which were quite a lot. My units are considerably better now, but there are still challenges that I cannot do without a guide (after a year).

I think Ice Dragon's guide is excellent, but if for some reason you want to try a different approach here are some other options with mostly common units:

Pheonixmaster1 (3 infernal solutions)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrdRjQpl_J4

Brotel (4 infernal solutions)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRZUY2cAezc

Be sure to click "SHOW MORE" in the description for the skills and seals used. (Most of these shouldn't require any skill inheritance.)

(Brotel's four Takumi splash damage is fun to watch.)

43 minutes ago, Tree said:

You shouldn't feel bad if you are having difficulties. I used an overpowered, merged team and it still took me multiple tries. I started playing a little before the Black Knight tempest trial began, and had to manually play hard difficulty all the way up to 30,000 points (which was required for the 5* Black Knight). Regular Ike and Bowlyn were the only good units I had; when they fell fighting the Black Knight it was gameover. I tried team after team of my remaining units, and if lucky, could get maybe 5 or so HP damage on the boss before the inevitable gameover occurred. Most of my units couldn't even damage him at all (they weren't level 40), and those that could do a little damage, he would one-shot. It was exhausting, took every last one of my stamina refills, and I still barely reached 30,000 near the 14th day. I didn't get any of the rewards from 30,000 -100,000 which were quite a lot. My units are considerably better now, but there are still challenges that I cannot do without a guide (after a year).

I think Ice Dragon's guide is excellent, but if for some reason you want to try a different approach here are some other options with mostly common units:

Pheonixmaster1 (3 infernal solutions)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrdRjQpl_J4

Brotel (4 infernal solutions)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRZUY2cAezc

Be sure to click "SHOW MORE" in the description for the skills and seals used. (Most of these shouldn't require any skill inheritance.)

(Brotel's four Takumi splash damage is fun to watch.)

Yeah, true. I try not to feel bad, but it still is a bit discouraging. But I see. Huh. I've been playing since launch.

Thanks, I'll look at those if I'm having trouble using Ice Dragon's guide.

I waited for the update so I could free up some space using combat manuals before doing Jamke's GHB.

I wanted to use Jaffar once to cheese a map with his unique refined Deathly Dagger and so I did with infernal Jamke. Team of 5* Jaffar +1 (+HP, -Res) with unique refined Death Dagger, Draw Back, Moonbow, Poison Strike 3, Savage Blow 3, and a Savage Blow 3 seal, 5* Sonya (+Def, -Res) with Draw Back, Draconic Aura, Axebreaker 3, and a Speed Smoke 3 seal that was a leftover from lunatic Jamke, 5* Lene +3 (+Def, -HP) with a defense refined Safeguard+, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Attack 3, and a Drive Atk 2 seal, and 5* Azura with Wings of Mercy 3 and a Drive Def 2 seal.

Maps starts by obliterating the axe armor with Sonya buffed by Lene's attack buffs and also the axe armor being debuffed by her Res Ploy. After that, Draw Back shenanigans to get everyone out of range of the remaining enemies towards the right of the map. Everyone bunches up over there except for the blue cavalry mage. Jaffar lowers everyone's health and takes out the red mage and sword cavalier while Sonya explodes Jamke. The map ends with Jaffar tanking a hit from the lance flier and Lene tanking the blue mage. She lived with 3 HP, so I probably should have positioned things better, but whatever, Jaffar finishes them off.

so this map exists.

gonna do it all tomorrow evening in one go. everyone in the SF cord has been calling it easy so I guess I'll just bring all favorites.

Dancer Micaiah, Micaiah, A!Tiki, Grifa

I finally found a way to do infernal, using Frederick, Fjorm, Azura, and Karla. Azura actually didn't have to do anything but buff. Fjorm deleted the mages while Frederick just sat and tanked everything else. He still took a lot of damage, but for some reason this time, he didn't take any from Jamke. He was taking some before, I have no idea why. xP I'm not sure what I did differently. But I had to try it because even though Frederick WAS taking damage, he was the only one who could take a hit from him at all. Soon as Ignis charged, bye bye Jamke.

The armor knight took a couple turns of Frederick chipping him and Karla finishing him off. I brought in Karla thinking she'd double and kill him immediately, but she would've died in one hit. So Frederick chipped him first.

Still not sure I should be playing Heroes much anymore though, since I still can't seem to not repeat the struggles with future maps...

Edited by Anacybele

Was bored this evening, so I did my special team clears. 

Celica didn't need the refinement yet, guess you guys didn't hesitate to spend the dew, @SatsumaFSoysoy, @Nanima & @kirauza343?

I liked this one because I could make good use of brave Celicas Galeforce:

- - - - - - - - - - 

This time Oliver got more to do, he even claimed the boss-kill for himself. Walhart showed if his combined Wolfberg- and Brazen powers in the end, even if it wasn't necessary anymore. 

@Zeo @mcsilas The music for both videos is a little better timed than in the past, even if I used only yt tools. 

Have fun. 

Edited by mampfoid