Voting Gauntlet: Fathers and Daughters!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Fathers and Daughters!  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/08/2018 at 05:00 AM

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Fathers and daughters

Holy cat. Is this another opportunity for me to not get Lucina?

Other pair might be Odin and Ophelia, Hector and Lilina, and Laslow and Soleil.

Edited by Vaximillian

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, fathers and daughters:

Possible pairs that don't involve limited release units:

Chrom+Lucina
Bartre+Fir
Hector+Lilina
Laslow+Soleil
Odin+Ophelia
Niles+Nina
Robin+Morgan
Corrin+Kana

The pairs I italicized are the ones I feel are the most likely to be featured in the Voting Gauntlet. Chrom+Lucina are an iconic father-daughter pair. It's too soon for Ophelia and Nina to be featured on another banner. Morgan and Kana are popular daughter units people want. Hector is clear whalebait. Bartre+Fir and Laslow+Soleil are all available at 4*.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Awww... That's actually a kind of cute theme. I approve even if it kind of limits what games we get characters from.

Folks beat me to making the list. I definitely feel like Corrin/Kana and Robin/Morgan are pretty much guaranteed a spot. I might even go ahead and say Chrom/Lucina are really strong contenders too. Who's ready for more Lucina VG salt? I had forgotten about Hector and Lilina in my own list, but now that I think about it, they're pretty much guaranteed as well. That would make the father banner...kind of lack-luster except for Hector (unless you want Aether from Chrom?). I kind of hope they throw in a not-so-meta duo. I'd love to see Laslow and Soleil in personally... 

2 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

The pairs I italicized are the ones I feel are the most likely to be featured in the Voting Gauntlet. Chrom+Lucina are an iconic father-daughter pair. It's too soon for Ophelia and Nina to be featured on another banner. Morgan and Kana are popular daughter units people want. Hector is clear whalebait. Bartre+Fir and Laslow+Soleil are all available at 4*.

Except the Nohrian Dusk banner will still be running before the Voting Gauntlet ends so Ophelia and Nina won't have to be put on another banner. It also lines up with Voting Gauntlets being based around a current banner so IS only has to put out one banner instead of two.

Oh my gosh seriously? XD That was (kind of) one I'd said I was hoping for before! (Albeit, mine was less specific, being "parents and children.") I'm a bit stunned! I feel like I accomplished something...

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I do too, and 50% of that is because of all the salt Bartre breaking Hector and Fir breaking Lucina would generate.

Same. Also, I want to build a Fir. I just need feathers. Tho I should first finish up merging Mathilda and Soleil.

@Roflolxp54 Too soon for Ophelia and Nina? Tell that to Dorcas. He was in 2 banners at the same time and one of those banners was his debut banner. 

As for the father & daughter pairs...

- Chrom & Lucina

- M!Robin & F!Morgan

- M!Corrin & F!Kana

- Hector & Lilina

I’d like to see Bartre & Fir but we’ll have to wait and see. 

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Chrom - Lucina

Spring Chrom - Spring Lucina

Winter Chrom - CYL Lucina

Horse Chrom - Legendary Lucina

XD

1 hour ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I will be severely disappointed if the following voting gauntlet isn’t focused around mothers and sons.

Sure would be nice, but I don't think enough moms can fight in the series (barring Awakening potential moms like Maribelle and Olivia), which is something that annoys me. Even backstory-wise, most moms are there because their kids needed to exist (this is true for most stories, it seems; FE is actually more generous to moms than most) while the dads have some sort of legendary bloodline or something that their kids (usually a teenaged boy) inherit, so at least there's something kind of cool about him, even if he doesn't do any fighting onscreen. Bleh. But seriously, I want playable Elena! (She'd totally be a staff unit and if we're lucky, maybe get a blue tome somewhere down the line.) Ismaire would be great, too. (Sword user.)

I sort of like the theme, but wish it had been parent and child so we could have the likes of Eldigan and Ares taking part.

Out of the potentials, I'm not really sure who I'll go for. I'll see who is picked first and then go for that.

Just thinking of mothers and sons... It's mostly Awakening and Fates, but we do have Deirdre and Seliph, at least.

Edited by Cute Chao

@Cute Chao @Mercakete I actually wasn’t being 100% serious (hate how the strikethrough button isn’t available on mobile), though I do think it would be a nice touch. As mentioned, it’d be harder to work around due to the options being more limited, but it’d be pretty cute nonetheless if they kept the theme going.

I wish we had Igrene in the game.

I think this is the full list of fathers and daughters currently in the game (characters not in the summon pool are struck out):

• Arvis and Julia
  • Bartre and Fir
  • Hector, Hector, Hector, and Hector and Lilina and Lilina
  • Chrom, Chrom, Chrom, and Chrom and Lucina, Lucina, Marth, Lucina, and Lucina
  • Robin, Robin, and Robin and Morgan
  • Inigo and Laslow and Soleil
  • Corrin and Corrin and Kana
  • Garon and Camilla, Camilla, Camilla, Camilla, Elise, and Elise
  • Odin and Ophelia
  • Niles and Nina
Edited by Ice Dragon
Jugdral is confusing.

12 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

So, fathers and daughters:

Possible pairs that don't involve limited release units:

Chrom+Lucina
Bartre+Fir
Hector+Lilina
Laslow+Soleil
Odin+Ophelia
Niles+Nina
Robin+Morgan
Corrin+Kana

Going off what @NSSKG151 said, I fully expect Niles + Nina and Odin + Ophelia to be on this. I think Robin/Morgan and Corrin/Kana won't be on it, and I also think there's a possibility for Sigurd + Julia, though I'm not expecting it.

7 minutes ago, Florete said:

I also think there's a possibility for Sigurd + Julia, though I'm not expecting it.

But Sigurd isn’t Julia’s father and she isn’t his daughter. They are completely unrelated.

Edited by Vaximillian

37 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

So why would they be a possibility in a fathers against daughters? It’s not fathers in general and daughters in general.

1. It actually might be fathers (in general) and daughters (in general). We don't know. Remember Enduring Love?

2. Just because Sigurd isn't Julia's biological father doesn't mean IS wouldn't still consider him a father figure for her.