October Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Drakhis said:

Ryoma isn't legendary in Fates. He is just a pain in conquest, and pretty much nothing in Birthright and Revelation. Fjorm and Gunthraa have done more than Ryoma.

Personally, I'd say breaking Birthright cleanly in half is a far greater accomplishment than anything that those two ever did (or to be more precise, didn't do).

• New Legendary Hero (Water) - Hrid?
  • Brave Roy
  • Celica (tome)
  • Legendary Lyn
  • Fallen Robin (M)
  • Bridal Sanaki
  • Legendary Ephraim
  • Bridal Ninian
  • Sumia
  • Legendary Robin
  • Takumi
  • Summer Noire

If this is the predicted line up... hmmm. i'd probably be pulling greens and blues and HOPE to sneak out a Celica tome. 

Hm... I'm wondering if they might reserve Hrid and Ylgr for a second set of legendary heroes. Maybe they'll become more important in Book 3. I'd actually prefer that so they have some time to like...seem interesting? Legendary banners have been good for IS. I don't see why they'd stop after filling up one set of elements, especially with plenty of lords left to extort add. lol

Though I suppose if they wanted to make all of the Nifl sibs legendary heroes, there's still time to do it. While I feel like there are better choices than two characters who haven't really done anything in the story at least Gunnthra was kind of needed for the plot, I wouldn't be super surprised if that was the direction they decided to take. 

Personally, I'd like to see variety on red. A colored bow, dagger, or tome would be interesting. So far we have two infantry swords and one flying sword. I think red bow Alm would be my top pick along with basically any of the Jugdral lords (even if they might not add weapon variety, it'll be game variety). But I wouldn't say no to some sort of calvary or flying mage. We got a Legendary Ryoma so maybe we can haz Legendary Leo plz? Really...anything other than another sword unit. The pool doesn't need anymore cavalry or infantry swords. 

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:
  • New Legendary Hero (Water) - Hrid?
  • Brave Roy
  • Celica (tome)
  • Legendary Lyn
  • Fallen Robin (M)
  • Bridal Sanaki
  • Legendary Ephraim
  • Bridal Ninian
  • Sumia
  • Legendary Robin
  • Takumi
  • Summer Noire

If this is the predicted line up... hmmm. i'd probably be pulling greens and blues and HOPE to sneak out a Celica tome. 

I really really hope this is close to the exact lineup because I'd have two of each color I'd be either happy or ecstatic to get and all the blues would be phenomenal pulls for me. Usually legendary banners will only have one unit of each color I'm interested in which is not fun odds, particularly if I'm just wanting the new legendary for that month. Sure, they'll eventually swing back around, but we have enough of the three colored heroes it makes it a more annoying 2-4 month wait now.

17 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

I really really hope this is close to the exact lineup because I'd have two of each color I'd be either happy or ecstatic to get and all the blues would be phenomenal pulls for me. Usually legendary banners will only have one unit of each color I'm interested in which is not fun odds, particularly if I'm just wanting the new legendary for that month. Sure, they'll eventually swing back around, but we have enough of the three colored heroes it makes it a more annoying 2-4 month wait now.

that was the way I see it. I'd even go into colourless hell to see if i could get Noire. 
Blue would be my focus as i'd love to have Ninian. anything in green would be awesome, and then if i got Legendary. Woo. but Tome!Celica would be my dream.

Edited by daisy jane

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

that was the way I see it. I'd even go into colourless hell to see if i could get Noire. 
Blue would be my focus as i'd love to have Ninian. anything in green would be awesome, and then if i got Legendary. Woo. but Tome!Celica would be my dream.

I should make it clear that my Celica guess is a total shot in the dark. Red is the hardest color to predict this time around since there's not many clear contenders like with the other colors. Everyone else I've listed are the most likely among their colors though, due to being either long overdue or next in line.

20 minutes ago, Johann said:

I should make it clear that my Celica guess is a total shot in the dark. Red is the hardest color to predict this time around since there's not many clear contenders like with the other colors. Everyone else I've listed are the most likely among their colors though, due to being either long overdue or next in line.

One thing I've noticed is they tend to "tank" the color of the new legendary with at least one unit lacking in good fodder (see azura and myrrh) so i suspect they'll steer the red picks that way

1 hour ago, Johann said:

oh i know, and i figured.. still the dream ;) :)

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

oh i know, and i figured.. still the dream ;) :)

Yeah, I've had no luck with Celica either!

2 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

One thing I've noticed is they tend to "tank" the color of the new legendary with at least one unit lacking in good fodder (see azura and myrrh) so i suspect they'll steer the red picks that way

Hmmm you might be right about that, though I'm inclined to think it's not so clear cut; the current banner has Catria with Chill Res and Micaiah with Distant Def, both are very valuable skills. However, if that's what they're planning, I guess we'd more likely see Ryoma, Sanaki, or Siegbert.

15 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am ok having  Hrid and Ylgr as normal banner units, but Bruno? I don't know... Different from Fjorm, Hríd and the others characters from Book II, Bruno and Veronica are main characters in general. A free unit, like Askr Trio, or as Legendary Hero, would be better.

Why not Hrid as a GHB? He is a main character of Book I, which could be treated like an older game. 

10 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Fallen Gunnthrá.

Yes please :-) 

8 hours ago, daisy jane said:

New Legendary Hero (Water) - Hrid?

Brave Roy

Celica (tome)

Legendary Lyn

Fallen Robin (M)

Bridal Sanaki

Legendary Ephraim

Bridal Ninian

Sumia

Legendary Robin

Takumi

Summer Noire

Such a red line-up would be fantastic for me. Celica and Roy are the only 5* exclusives I care about merges. Getting pity broken by a new legendary hero wouldn't be bad either.

Don't have any of those blues, but not very interested. Getting SPD Tactic fodder would be good. 

16 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Personally, I'd say breaking Birthright cleanly in half is a far greater accomplishment than anything that those two ever did (or to be more precise, didn't do).

Gunnthra had guided us from the beginning, she is the one who tells us on how to win against Surtr. It's because Fjorm performs the rite of frost despite the fact that she will die young, and Gunnthra giving her power to Breidablik that we can remove the invincibility of Surtr. Without these two it's game over.

These two have done enough to be legends. And Fjorm can do more in the future.

edit : Hrid will be king in the future, and Ylgr isn't a healer for me, as hinted (it's Loki at this time, so a healer), but a Beast. she will most likely be a staff unit, but I think that she can be a beast unit too. Her name mean "she-wolf " and I don't think it's for nothing : if beast stones appear, they will be colorless, due to the fact that we don't have colorless physical melee fighter.

Edited by Drakhis

18 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

Gunnthra had guided us from the beginning, she is the one who tells us on how to win against Surtr. It's because Fjorm performs the rite of frost despite the fact that she will die young, and Gunnthra giving her power to Breidablik that we can remove the invincibility of Surtr. Without these two it's game over.

These two have done enough to be legends. And Fjorm can do more in the future.

Also, was Gunnthrá the character who told the Heroes about The Rite of Blades, allowing us to have access to the  Weapon Refinery.

2 hours ago, Drakhis said:

and Ylgr isn't a healer for me, as hinted (it's Loki at this time, so a healer), but a Beast. Her name mean "she-wolf " and I don't think it's for nothing

This isn't the best of logic. Otherwise, Marth would be a god of carnage, Athena would be really smart, Cain would be murdering Abel, Cordelia would be serving her ill dad, Palla would be an article of clothing, or the same person as Athena, Ophelia would be drowning of heartbreak, Mist would a servant of Odin, who would have only one eye and the Gungnir. 

Need I go on?

Shouldn't they have mentioned something about being a Beast too already? And why only one of the siblings?

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This isn't the best of logic. Otherwise, Marth would be a god of carnage, Athena would be really smart, Cain would be murdering Abel, Cordelia would be serving her ill dad, Palla would be an article of clothing, or the same person as Athena, Ophelia would be drowning of heartbreak, Mist would a servant of Odin, who would have only one eye and the Gungnir. 

Need I go on?

Shouldn't they have mentioned something about being a Beast too already? And why only one of the siblings?

It's more something that I want, not really something that will happen ^^ Just it's not something that crazy, because her eyebrow looks like the ones that they put on Kitsune in numerous manga, her name fit, her family will have in my opinion 4 colors, they need to introduce beasts, and her bag can contain a beast stone.

Edited by Drakhis

2 hours ago, Drakhis said:

Ylgr isn't a healer for me, as hinted (it's Loki at this time, so a healer)

For me, this confirms Ylgr as a staff user. Fjorm would strange her younger sister using healing abilities if she wasn't a healer before.

I wouldn't mind Ylgr as a dragon too. The Nifl's royals could be descendants from the dragon Nifl, and Ylgr could have more dragon blood than the others. Also, Ylgr is the only one who doesn't have a weapon is her artwork. Fjorm is holding her lance, Gunnthrá is holding her tome and Hríd is holdind his sword. Maybe Ylgr's dragonstone is inside her bag, or she doesn't need to show her dragonstone to transform, like Grima's sprite.

However, I still think she is a staff user.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

7 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

For me, this confirms Ylgr as a staff user. Fjorm would strange her younger sister using healing abilities if she wasn't a healer before.

I wouldn't mind Ylgr as a dragon too. The Nifl's royals could be descendants from the dragon Nifl, and Ylgr could have more dragon blood than the others. However, I still think she is a staff user.

Yeah I should edit my comment ^^ I believe that she will be a staff too, but I think this is not that crazy. When I saw her the first time I had thought "Is this our first beast unit?".

Edited by Drakhis

Previously I was checking if anyone can be a flying healer, and people mentioned Elincia. I feel it appropriate of a flying healer to be Water blessed legendary, probably with the Res boost. Do you think she deserves a spot in the legendary heroes?

1 minute ago, Garlyle said:

Previously I was checking if anyone can be a flying healer, and people mentioned Elincia. I feel it appropriate of a flying healer to be Water blessed legendary, probably with the Res boost. Do you think she deserves a spot in the legendary heroes?

I believe Elincia is the first character I think about flying healers. Also, Ylgr could be a flying unit, but from non-original characters, Elincia is my pick.

43 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

While other heroes who are flying healers exist before and after Elincia, she is for sure the most iconic representative if it. Not only she's a Lord character and both flying and heaking Lords are super rare, most Staff Fliers wield their heals as secondary, promoted-only options, while Elincia starts with a great A-rank in staves. 

It also cauth my eye how the Falcon Knights of the recent non-remake game became more like her own playstyle, with self-healing skills and being supportive. It's my belief that the modern Falcon Knight class is clearly based on Elincia's exclusive classes, the Princess and the Queen.

So i really see her as the only and best option for such a Legendary, or at least omfor the first staff flier of the game.

52 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I believe Elincia is the first character I think about flying healers. Also, Ylgr could be a flying unit, but from non-original characters, Elincia is my pick.

Well considering Tiki got a Legendary Hero, Elincia's definitely a possibility (I understand there's a difference between series mascot and secondary lord, but I digress). I doubt she'll get it within the first 16 Legendary Heroes though. Maybe the Book 3 batch if they continue?

1 hour ago, Garlyle said:

Yes. She was the great queen that brought Crimea to a golden age. IS even already considered her important enough to be DLC in Awakening and she isn't even a lord. And Sigurd and Seliph, a couple of actual lords, were left out. The only problem would be Micaiah potentially overshadowing her as a legendary healer, even if she wouldn't be a flying one, since she is a lord and she's more popular. But given that they both got DLC in Awakening and were both featured together in the Hoshidan summer festival, it's safe to say IS considers them both the leading ladies of Tellius, and may make both of them legendary. I can't think of anyone else besides maybe Ylgr that could fill the colorless spots anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

Sakura because she would fit the description of a flying healer or anything close. It could possibly be Elise too but you never know. Or it could be Lana or Edain from genealogy. But ylgr could be it too.

Edited by AzuraxCorrin(M)4Life
Forgot

16 minutes ago, AzuraxCorrin(M)4Life said:

Sakura because she would fit the description of a flying healer or anything close. It could possibly be Elise too but you never know. Or it could be Lana or Edain from genealogy. But ylgr could be it too.

Hm. 

Sakura has 1 Alt as Does Elise. 
so having either one of them as a Flying Healer could work.