October Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why is anyone suggesting that Hrid should be anything but a legendary hero? His sisters are legendary heroes and he's implied to be stronger than both and well known for his strength. He's also the one who's next in line to be Nifl's ruler. It makes zero sense for him NOT to be legendary!

So there's a place to add Ylgr, mostly.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

So there's a place to add Ylgr, mostly.

Ylgr doesn't have any claim to combat prowess or fame right now, so she isn't as likely as her brother to be a legendary, but still a possibility.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ylgr doesn't have any claim to combat prowess or fame right now, so she isn't as likely as her brother to be a legendary, but still a possibility.

I don't think she could be legendary, so she'd have to be on a normal banner. Which would presumably also involve Hrid.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

I don't think she could be legendary, so she'd have to be on a normal banner. Which would presumably also involve Hrid.

She could also be given as a free unit in some way, like via a GC or TT. Doesn't have to be on a banner. And even if it is a banner, it could also be one that has her, Bruno, and regular Veronica. Maybe even the Askr king. What was his name again? Gustav, I think?

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

She could also be given as a free unit in some way, like via a GC or TT. Doesn't have to be on a banner. And even if it is a banner, it could also be one that has her, Bruno, and regular Veronica. Maybe even the Askr king. What was his name again? Gustav, I think?

Free Ylgr is possible. If we don't get a Nifl banner this month, I think it'll become fairly likely.

I don't think that sort of cross-nation OC banner is likely, at least anytime soon. If Bruno and Veronica are on a banner (which I think is less likely than being free), I'm guessing it'll be an Embla banner. Similarly, Gustav could be on an Askr banner.

40 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why is anyone suggesting that Hrid should be anything but a legendary hero? His sisters are legendary heroes and he's implied to be stronger than both and well known for his strength. He's also the one who's next in line to be Nifl's ruler. It makes zero sense for him NOT to be legendary!

And just like his sisters, he hasn't earned it. In fact, he has actually contributed less to the plot (so far) than either of them (which is impressive).

None of them should be legendaries, least of all Hrid and Ylgr.

11 minutes ago, Etheus said:

And just like his sisters, he hasn't earned it. In fact, he has actually contributed less to the plot (so far) than either of them (which is impressive).

None of them should be legendaries, least of all Hrid and Ylgr.

Obviously, the plot is not why they're legendary. There are probably off-screen reasons as well, and if any of them deserve the title, it's definitely Hrid, because he's the one getting the throne next and is the super powerful warrior and all. And even in the plot, he tried to assassinate Surtr himself. That's an indication of how strong he seems to be since he felt he could take on the task.

34 minutes ago, Othin said:

Free Ylgr is possible. If we don't get a Nifl banner this month, I think it'll become fairly likely.

I don't think that sort of cross-nation OC banner is likely, at least anytime soon. If Bruno and Veronica are on a banner (which I think is less likely than being free), I'm guessing it'll be an Embla banner. Similarly, Gustav could be on an Askr banner.

There won't be an Askr banner though, because the only way the Askrs have ever been summonable is as seasonal units. And I think a cross-nation banner is most likely going to happen since there aren't enough unique units from either Nifl, Embla, or Askr for each to have their own banners right now.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Obviously, the plot is not why they're legendary. There are probably off-screen reasons as well, and if any of them deserve the title, it's definitely Hrid, because he's the one getting the throne next and is the super powerful warrior and all. And even in the plot, he tried to assassinate Surtr himself. That's an indication of how strong he seems to be since he felt he could take on the task.

There won't be an Askr banner though, because the only way the Askrs have ever been summonable is as seasonal units. And I think a cross-nation banner is most likely going to happen since there aren't enough unique units from either Nifl, Embla, or Askr for each to have their own banners right now.

Between legendary heroes, seasonals, CYL, and now the Muspell banner, they've been making a lot of new implementations of OCs lately. I'm sure whatever story arc features Gustav will also have other new Askr units, enough to constitute an Askr banner. Same with Embla.

Nifl does have enough: Hrid, Ylgr, and the queen.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Between legendary heroes, seasonals, CYL, and now the Muspell banner, they've been making a lot of new implementations of OCs lately. I'm sure whatever story arc features Gustav will also have other new Askr units, enough to constitute an Askr banner. Same with Embla.

Nifl does have enough: Hrid, Ylgr, and the queen.

What queen? Where was it ever mentioned that there's a queen? The rulers are said to be dead anyway, I think, since Hrid was told to go back and take the throne. And like I said, Hrid should be legendary. So there are not enough.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What queen? Where was it ever mentioned that there's a queen? The rulers are said to be dead anyway, I think, since Hrid was told to go back and take the throne. And like I said, Hrid should be legendary. So there are not enough.

There was a queen, she died at the beginning of Book 2. But being dead doesn't seem to be a problem.

The Muspell sisters also show that seeming like a legendary hero doesn't mean a character has to be.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

There was a queen, she died at the beginning of Book 2. But being dead doesn't seem to be a problem.

The Muspell sisters also show that seeming like a legendary hero doesn't mean a character has to be.

Yeah, but if she doesn't even have a name, it doesn't seem like IS wants to bother with her. The Muspell sisters don't really seem like legendary heroes to me. But Hrid just screams legendary due to his sisters and his standing as the famous and strongest Nifl royal as well as the one in line for the throne next.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Fjorm and Gunnthra added unique weapons to the legendary pool. Hrid uses a sword and there are plenty of legendaries who use swords and potential candidates for legendary status that use swords as well. Also, Nifl already has two legendary heroes, it doesn't need three when every single FE game has at most two legendaries to rep it. 

Just now, Icelerate said:

Fjorm and Gunnthra added unique weapons to the legendary pool. Hrid uses a sword and there are plenty of legendaries who use swords and potential candidates for legendary status that use swords as well. Also, Nifl already has two legendary heroes, it doesn't need three when every single FE game has at most two legendaries to rep it. 

Hrid probably has a unique sword too. It sure looks unique in his artwork. And why would the younger sisters be legendary, but not the powerful older brother who's set to be king and the strongest in Nifl? Doesn't make any sense, like I said.

Hrid makes zero sense to me as anything but legendary.

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

The queen didn’t have a name or even a design, so she’s clearly an afterthought and will never be in Heroes.

6 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

We are in Feh so it's not that crazy that we can get 4 Legendary heroes for this game ^^

1 minute ago, SilvertheShadow said:

The queen didn’t have a name or even a design, so she’s clearly an afterthought and will never be in Heroes.

Spoiler

Yes like the mother of the Hoshidian family

I mean as far as doing legendary things, what did Ryoma do?  Oh maybe he becomes King of Hoshido?  Well that is what Hrid is doing as well.  People are saying legendary Camilla, well she certainly didn't do anything remarkable in her game.  Grima is a villain, not even a hero.  

If people are putting such strict requirements on being deemed worthy of 'legendary' status then it should be applied to all characters.  Let me tell you what Fjorm did, she sacrificed her life in a ritual to help defeat Surtr.  Legendary.  Yes the story sucks but if looking at accomplishments relevant to story Fjorm has done more than most.

The only real reason they wouldn't release Hrid or Ylgr as 'legendary' is because they feel it won't pull enough money.  Also Muspell generals banner doesn't mean we get Nifl banner.  Helbindi and Laegjarn are both dead, and Laevetein is Queen and likely out of the story.  Ylgr and Hrid are very much alive and allies to Askr, I don't see them being thrown on a regular banner.

I'm thinking there is a chance the surviving Book 2 characters will, if poorly executed perhaps, be integrated somehow into Book 3. So more of them will be shown. Only a chance, but it's possible they'll be alongside Nyara the Tiger Princess.

@Drakhis

Spoiler

You'd be wrong about the Hoshido mother. The mystery texts in the Record Hall I believe were deciphered by fans, and the texts say her name was Ikona.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm thinking there is a chance the surviving Book 2 characters will, if poorly executed perhaps, be integrated somehow into Book 3. So more of them will be shown. Only a chance, but it's possible they'll be alongside Nyara the Tiger Princess.

@Drakhis

Hide contents

You'd be wrong about the Hoshido mother. The mystery texts in the Record Hall I believe were deciphered by fans, and the texts say her name was Ikona.

I know ^^ just she doesn't have a face, and I think she will never be shown, and the queen of Nifl may have the same fate.

Edited by Drakhis

Judgral and Valentia still don't have a legendary unit so I wouldn't be be surprised if it could be either Sigurd, Seliph, Leif or Alm.

Nohr Corrin is also possible and Xander as well since IS likes seperating Birthright and Conquest so I guess an another Fates Legendary Hero could happen to represent Nohr. I hope it's not the case but it would probably happen at one point so whatever.

If Hrid and Ylgr don't reappear/do anything in Book 3 and later on, the October and November Legendary banner are probably their last chances except if they do something similar to the Muspell banner. Not sure who could be the third unit though.

27 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

We are in Feh so it's not that crazy that we can get 4 Legendary heroes for this game ^^

Reveal hidden contents

Yes like the mother of the Hoshidian family

Spoiler

Their mother is named Ikona. It was written in the Ancient Texts in the Record Hall.

Edit : Got ninja'd. My bad.

Edited by Thunderstar

1 minute ago, Thunderstar said:

Judgral and Valentia still don't have a legendary unit so I wouldn't be be surprised if it could be either Sigurd, Seliph, Leif or Alm.

Nohr Corrin is also possible and Xander as well since IS likes seperating Birthright and Conquest so I guess an another Fates Legendary Hero could happen to represent Nohr. I hope it's not the case but it would probably happen at one point so whatever.

If Hrid and Ylgr don't reappear/do anything in Book 3 and later on, the October and November Legendary banner are probably their last chances except if they do something similar to the Muspell banner. Not sure who could be the third unit though.

Hide contents

Their mother is named Ikona. It was written in the Ancient Texts in the Record Hall.

Like is said :

3 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

I know ^^ just she doesn't have a face, and I think she will never be shown, and the queen of Nifl may have the same fate.

Apart from that, I think that Corrin will be a legendary hero with Omega Yato, but not this month.

1 minute ago, Drakhis said:

I know ^^ just she doesn't have a face, and I think she will never be shown

Fates has an official artbook in the works. Given the Tellius Recollections just us, albeit just a headshot, of King Lorazieh- the bedridden but living father of Rafiel, Reyson, and Leanne, there is a speck of gold dust of a hope she'd get the same in the artbook. 

Can't wait to see what lurks in it. Will there be nothing new at all? Not even obvious attempts to retcon some good into Fates? Or will it actually reveal, at the least, full artwork for more/most/all the playable characters of Fates, and some true story/character nuggets that didn't make it into the final game? Who knows, and more importantly, who will translate it?

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fates has an official artbook in the works. Given the Tellius Recollections just us, albeit just a headshot, of King Lorazieh- the bedridden but living father of Rafiel, Reyson, and Leanne, there is a speck of gold dust of a hope she'd get the same in the artbook. 

Can't wait to see what lurks in it. Will there be nothing new at all? Not even obvious attempts to retcon some good into Fates? Or will it actually reveal, at the least, full artwork for more/most/all the playable characters of Fates, and some true story/character nuggets that didn't make it into the final game? Who knows, and more importantly, who will translate it?

I really want that! If she gets a face, then we will maybe see her in Heroes! (No but I want her and Mikoto and Arete ^^)

1 hour ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Does not yet have name or design > Is an afterthought > Will never be in Heroes

There are two logical leaps there, and either or both could be false. Especially if they want to make a banner and need a third character.

Of course, another way to fill out a banner could be a Fjorm alt.