October Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting points, however I wouldn't consider Elise or Sakura Legendary. Elincia sounds like a better option, and flying healer sounds niche enough to make it legendary. Seeing how you guys support this idea, I'm looking forward to see her again.

9 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Interesting points, however I wouldn't consider Elise or Sakura Legendary. Elincia sounds like a better option, and flying healer sounds niche enough to make it legendary. Seeing how you guys support this idea, I'm looking forward to see her again.

In my opinion, it's her or Micaiah. Maybe we will have two characters from every game that already had a legendary hero.

If it's true then I will say :

Fates: Corrin (Omega Yato)

SS: Lyon (Fomortiis) or Eirika

RD: Elincia, Micaiah, Soren

Heroes: Hrid and Ylgr

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I want Sakura in a Kinshi, so we can have Kinshi Emblem with all Hoshidan siblings!

And dagger Hinoka for the Hoshidian dagger emblem!

Edited by Drakhis

21 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Hrid probably has a unique sword too. It sure looks unique in his artwork. And why would the younger sisters be legendary, but not the powerful older brother who's set to be king and the strongest in Nifl? Doesn't make any sense, like I said.

Hrid makes zero sense to me as anything but legendary.

I meant we already have a lot of sword users so adding another sword user isn't good because the legendary roster is bloated with swords. Roy should be the last sword wielding legendary due to his accomplishments and popularity far eclipsing Hrid. 

The younger sisters brought a class that no lord uses as a legendary hero. Also, I thought Gunthra was the eldest sibling. 

Why is Hrid more deserving of being a legendary than Surtr's daughters who didn't get it? Surely they are more legendary due to being from a more powerful kingdom than Nifl. If Hrid's accomplishments and background is enough to make him a legendary, then there are dozens of others that are more worthy so they should be in as legendaries before we even think about adding Hrid as a legendary. 

3 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I meant we already have a lot of sword users so adding another sword user isn't good because the legendary roster is bloated with swords. Roy should be the last sword wielding legendary due to his accomplishments and popularity far eclipsing Hrid. 

The younger sisters brought a class that no lord uses as a legendary hero. Also, I thought Gunthra was the eldest sibling. 

Why is Hrid more deserving of being a legendary than Surtr's daughters who didn't get it? Surely they are more legendary due to being from a more powerful kingdom than Nifl. If Hrid's accomplishments and background is enough to make him a legendary, then there are dozens of others that are more worthy so they should be in as legendaries before we even think about adding Hrid as a legendary. 

If anymore FE sword lords should be legendary, it's Eliwood and Sigurd imo. Eliwood to go with Lyn and Hector, and Sigurd because of just how damn strong he is in his game and he seems popular. I admit I also like them more than Roy though.

Because we have a trend of Nifl royals being legendary, and no one from Muspell has been legendary as of yet. And I could've sworn Hrid was the oldest, but I could be wrong.

Edited by Anacybele

31 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

If they put a second generation of legendary heroes, then it's okay that we get Hrid now, because it's the end of book 2, and it's the game of Askr, Embla, Nilf and Muspell, not of Jugdral or others, so he's a better choice in my opinion. And I don't want Roy to be a sword wielder, but a red/colorless bow is okay for me, even I prefer a manakete Roy (that will not happen).

Edited by Drakhis

3 hours ago, Drakhis said:

SS: Lyon (Fomortiis)

Which way to take him though?

1. Adjectival Naglfar?
  2. Adjectival Gleipnir?
  3. The Dark Stone he carries holding Formortiis's soul? Being weaponized as a Tome?
  4. Summoning of the Demon King's full power in the form of Demon Light or Ravager?
  5. The Demon King's Nightmare spell as a Staff?

While I wholly disapprove of retconning the Demon King into a Demon Dragon King, I would be fine if they made Formortiis Lyon a Breath unit. Demon Light seems perfect for this. And given Formortiis has a physical weapon in Ravager, and a magical weapon in Demon Light, the freeform Def/Res targeting of Breath weapons seem appropriate for Fyon. It'd be the best way we could get a playable Formortiis too, given like Grima, he is too big to fit in this game in his normal body.

One thing I would like from a Fallen Lyon, would be for one of his quips to mimic his Two Faces of Evil act to Ephraim. As in "That "I'm the Demon King having possessed Lyon" thing? That was an act, I'm in full control.". Obviously he isn't, but he thinks, by virtue of the Demon King manipulating his mind so that it clouds what is obviously true, that he is.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Which way to take him though?

1. Adjectival Naglfar?
  2. Adjectival Gleipnir?
  3. The Dark Stone he carries holding Formortiis's soul? Being weaponized as a Tome?
  4. Summoning of the Demon King's full power in the form of Demon Light or Ravager?
  5. The Demon King's Nightmare spell as a Staff?

While I wholly disapprove of retconning the Demon King into a Demon Dragon King, I would be fine if they made Formortiis Lyon a Breath unit. Demon Light seems perfect for this. And given Formortiis has a physical weapon in Ravager, and a magical weapon in Demon Light, the freeform Def/Res targeting of Breath weapons seem appropriate for Fyon. It'd be the best way we could get a playable Formortiis too, given like Grima, he is too big to fit in this game in his normal body.

One thing I would like from a Fallen Lyon, would be for one of his quips to mimic his Two Faces of Evil act to Ephraim. As in "That "I'm the Demon King having possessed Lyon" thing? That was an act, I'm in full control.". Obviously he isn't, but he thinks, by virtue of the Demon King manipulating his mind so that it clouds what is obviously true, that he is.

If he becomes a Dragon, I think that they will give him an ability like Demon blood : Nullify any abilities effective against dragons for the unit. If foe initiates combat grant atk/res+4 during combat. They can't give a class (I don't know how to say it in English, sorry) only for him so it's the best way to get him. In this way, he's not really a Dragon, but get the bonus of being one.

21 hours ago, Anacybele said:

If anymore FE sword lords should be legendary, it's Eliwood and Sigurd imo. Eliwood to go with Lyn and Hector, and Sigurd because of just how damn strong he is in his game and he seems popular. I admit I also like them more than Roy though.

Because we have a trend of Nifl royals being legendary, and no one from Muspell has been legendary as of yet. And I could've sworn Hrid was the oldest, but I could be wrong.

Eliwood is better at using lances in his adulthood considering how he has an S rank in lances in Binding Blade. Also, there are more spots open for lance legendaries (Fjorm and Ephraim) than sword legendaries (Ike, Ryouma and Marth). Roy is my least favourite FE lord but his feats are more iconic and legendary than what his father and Sigurd accomplished. If anything, Sigurd is the lord least deserving of legendary status due to his untimely death and essentially helping install a tyrannical empire. 

Also, the fact Blazing Sword already has two legendary heroes means that for variety's sake and more Binding Blade representation, his son is a better option. 

21 hours ago, Drakhis said:

If they put a second generation of legendary heroes, then it's okay that we get Hrid now, because it's the end of book 2, and it's the game of Askr, Embla, Nilf and Muspell, not of Jugdral or others, so he's a better choice in my opinion. And I don't want Roy to be a sword wielder, but a red/colorless bow is okay for me, even I prefer a manakete Roy (that will not happen).

If we do get a second generation of legendary heroes and Hrid gets to do some more plot relevant stuff in the future, then I'd want Hrid in the future where he'll have more fans and feats to justify his inclusion. But if he's going to disappear from the story altogether, that would be pretty disappointing because he does have potential to have an interesting character arc. After all, he's this warrior prince who is more into battles than rulership so now that he's a ruler, he'll have to change his ways. Basically like Ephraim but Ephraim never got to become a ruler in the actual story and hence didn't develop as a ruler nor is faced with the burdens of a ruler. 

3 hours ago, Icelerate said:

If anything, Sigurd is the lord least deserving of legendary status due to his untimely death and essentially helping install a tyrannical empire. 

Although you could spin that to his advantage. Sigurd is a legendary tragedy, which some might prefer over boring massive success. A glorious terrible end is very heroic and celebrated in some IRL stories.

On 03/10/2018 at 2:23 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although you could spin that to his advantage. Sigurd is a legendary tragedy, which some might prefer over boring massive success. A glorious terrible end is very heroic and celebrated in some IRL stories.

True, but that can be spun to Gunnthra's advantage too since she failed to survive, failed to defeat Surtr, etc. Yet most people criticize her for being a legendary hero for not accomplishing anything. 

While I really want Hrid to be playable I would rather have him in the general pool then as a legendary so I have a better shot at merging him.  I am honestly expecting the next legendary to be either red bow Alm or one of the Corrins.  If it is Hrid I will be happy, but I feel like this legendary banner will be the last chance of him being one.

7 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

I am honestly expecting the next legendary to be either red bow Alm

Now that you mention this, I wonder if red bow Anna is likely now. We got two FE1 characters back to back, so this is as good a time as any to put the mascot in as well. Granted she hasn't /done/ anything Legendary* so probably will never be in one of these, but it's an interesting thought nonetheless.

* Then again, isn't Tiki's claim to being a L!Hero simply that she's a legend in-universe?

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Now that you mention this, I wonder if red bow Anna is likely now. We got two FE1 characters back to back, so this is as good a time as any to put the mascot in as well. Granted she hasn't /done/ anything Legendary* so probably will never be in one of these, but it's an interesting thought nonetheless.

* Then again, isn't Tiki's claim to being a L!Hero simply that she's a legend in-universe?

That would be interesting, though honestly I think they will have her as a seasonal like the other Askr units.  Tiki was put into an eternal sleep by her mother because she was "too powerful" to be allowed  to run free as a child and she was woken up and saved from the bad guys by Marth.  But yeah her power is mostly just talked about story wise, though she is one of the most powerful units in SD.

It’ll probably be red so...Xander, Eirika, Eliwood, Roy, Hríd, Nagi, Nergal, Alm, Athos, Medeus, Arvis, Sigurd, Leif, Seliph, Zephiel, Chrom or Itsuki. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

5 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

There is always Apotheosis Anna for whatever that is worth though she uses spears instead of bows so who knows. Technically IS can make Anna wield whatever they want her to use besides stones.

Also, this probably means nothing but the hair color for the other two colored bow were the same, Green for Lyn, Blue for Lucina, so it would be funny if the red bow user was also a redhead which would fit Anna, though Celica could fit that too I guess. Also, the release window between the green bow user and blue bow user was three months and conveniently starting this month it would have been three months since the blue bow and we getting a red colored hero this month...hmmm. Yes, I know patterns have been broken before but I can't help but point them out.

• 2 weeks later...

What we can expect from Lyn's Abyssal Legendary Hero Battle?

Also, do you believe we will have Fjorm, Gunnthrá, Ike and Ephraim's Legendary Hero Battle someday?

I can see Gunnhtrá's battle being quite difficult, with every single enemy unit having at least 1 debuff skills to grant Gunnthrá's Blizzard Tome more damage. A sea of Chill and Ploy skills.

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

What we can expect from Lyn's Abyssal Legendary Hero Battle?

Also, do you believe we will have Fjorm, Gunnthrá, Ike and Ephraim's Legendary Hero Battle someday?

I can see Gunnhtrá's battle being quite difficult, with every single enemy unit having at least 1 debuff skills to grant Gunnthrá's Blizzard Tome more damage. A sea of Chill and Ploy skills.

As I recall, Lyn's fight was a tricky layout where enemy ranged units and fliers could attack from across the water, while hardier enemies would attempt to box you into the left top half. There are fewer strategic wall placements compared to other maps, making it harder to bottleneck enemies. I can't recall specifics on enemy skills, but if there's anything different, it'd boil down to challenging positioning options (emphasis on skills like Guidance), which would somewhat make up for Lyn being a much easier opponent compared to Marth or Tiki.

I'd hope they eventually add Fjorm and the others. That they've brought back previous maps as long as the hero is on the banner gives me reason to suspect that they might some day.

So, it just struck me that the next Legendary banner will start on Halloween. That's pretty late for a legendary banner, beginning on the last day of its month.

2 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

So, it just struck me that the next Legendary banner will start on Halloween. That's pretty late for a legendary banner, beginning on the last day of its month.

Legendary Ike's banner began on January 31. Legendary Ephraim's on February 28. Legendary Lucina's on July 31.

Heck, Legendary Lyn's banner began on May 1, after the month had already ended.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Legendary Ike's banner began on January 31. Legendary Ephraim's on February 28. Legendary Lucina's on July 31.

Heck, Legendary Lyn's banner began on May 1, after the month had already ended.

Ah. I didn't notice.

The current banner is of fan-demanded units and the next LHero is Red. Maybe Anna, at long last?

(Either that or we get another Fates Hero, because of course that's all the fans want...)

I'm also painfully aware that Aversa is red. Where was a GHB confirmed for her? (I really don't want "Legendary Hero" to lose all meaning so soon...)