November 2018 Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I'm not totally convinced to be honest. Why would that voice clip hint something about the legendary banner? 

The legendary stuff and forging Bonds content will get an own update.

It doesn't so much say that he'll be a Legendary Hero so much as say that he's likely to be added to the game as a playable unit in the near future, though how near is uncertain.

Given the fact that the Legendary Hero banner is coming up in short order, it's not farfetched to believe that he'd be added at that time; however, it's also possible that he'll be a free unit for Book 3, which we also know is coming in a few weeks.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It doesn't so much say that he'll be a Legendary Hero so much as say that he's likely to be added to the game as a playable unit in the near future, though how near is uncertain.

Given the fact that the Legendary Hero banner is coming up in short order, it's not farfetched to believe that he'd be added at that time; however, it's also possible that he'll be a free unit for Book 3, which we also know is coming in a few weeks.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Book III will have some exceptions and set new rules. 

I still think Book 3 will give us a brand new OC, so putting Hrid in the Legendary Banner will be an efficient way of getting all of Book 2 out of the way. Also I only just realised Forging Bonds starts on the same day as the banner, so he could be one of our four Units there too.

Wasn't there supposed another character according to the datamine?

10 hours ago, colossus86 said:

Honestly glad IS just decided to dump everything on us over a relatively short period of time so it doesn't hang around and we can just move on.

Yup same

10 hours ago, Etheus said:

There is no excuse for this legendary being anything other than colorless. We've had consecutive FGrimas for too long.

I just don't care legendary colorless as so much I care about having more colorless unit in general

56 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Wasn't there supposed another character according to the datamine?

Yup same

I just don't care legendary colorless as so much I care about having more colorless unit in general

The only other character in the datamine was our GHB Gharnef.

Unless you're talking about Hel from the new Xenologue, who doesn't have anything other than text.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

I still think Book 3 will give us a brand new OC, so putting Hrid in the Legendary Banner will be an efficient way of getting all of Book 2 out of the way. Also I only just realised Forging Bonds starts on the same day as the banner, so he could be one of our four Units there too.

That's pretty much my reasoning as well. This basically seems to be a Book 2 farewell party, and the fact that Forging Bonds comes on the same day as the new Legendary Hero really makes me think it'll be him and the event will be focused around all 4 Nifl siblings. It would be a fitting send-off for this book.

On 21/11/2018 at 7:22 PM, DefyingFates said:

we still have zero Bruno. 

32 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

we still have zero Bruno. 

There's a possibility Bruno and OG Veronica will continue to play a major roll in the story going forward, while the Ice siblings will be phased out.

Loki is an interesting case since she clearly will play a large roll going forward but IS may have felt obligated to release her since it was a CYL related banner. I could be wrong but if Veronica fell short I suspect we would have gotten her on that banner.

Ok let's see how it went

On 10/31/2018 at 11:11 AM, Johann said:
  • Legendary Ryoma
  • Brave Roy HRID RIDES A HORSE YES
  • Celica (tome) Laevatein
  • Gunnthra
  • Kana (F)
  • Summer Innes
  • Legendary Lucina
  • Summer Cordelia
  • Brave Hector
  • Legendary Robin
  • Takumi Nina
  • Summer Noire

Well, 9/12, feeling pretty good about that. I could have sneakily edited in Hrid once his voice clips were datamined, but otherwise for guessing a month off it went well. I suppose I should have anticipated Nina and Laevatein since they'd be on deck. A few things we can glean from this:

• 5 Legendaries is the new normal! This is great if you're like me and like pulling for them.
  • Robin will probably be coming back next month yet again. In fact, I predict that our next colorless hero won't be until January, since we already know of the other 4 Legendaries on that banner.
  • No CYL1 heroes for the first time, and we have our first CYL2 hero. perhaps CYL1 heroes will make an appearance in the future, but for now it's safe to say that we should see at least one CYL2 hero per banner going forward.
  • No dancers, not even from seasonals. In fact, none of the heroes here are particularly old (except the returning legendaries), suggesting that they may be moving forward with the non-legendaries. With only 3 slots for regular non-CYL 5* units now, they'll likely not have to do too much "recycling" provided they release at least 3 new summonable 5* exclusive heroes per month.
  • Anyone happen to know if there was season datamining done again? There were claims that this month was going to be Water season again, but Hrid suggests otherwise.

16 hours ago, Johann said:
  • Anyone happen to know if there was season datamining done again? There were claims that this month was going to be Water season again, but Hrid suggests otherwise.

Gamepedia doesn't have any recent changes in the schedule, so either it was updated in a previous update and no one noticed or the schedule will be updated in tomorrow's update.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

We have to get another eventually, right? My money's on Micaiah since we're also getting a RD banner then.

Who can say, though yeah I'm expecting a healer of some kind. Micaiah is certainly a strong contender given how most healers are delegated to secondary characters or less.

So F Kana ended up being chosen despite having her banner as a BHB banner. At least she's out of the way in the long green unit queue.

Hopefully next colourless legendary would either be healer Micaiah or flying healer Elincia. Colorless bow Alm would be the best solution for Alm since being red again would be disappointing.

Also Laevateinn being moved up despite Flora appearing before her is most likely a Muspell vs Nifl Voting Gauntlet theme coming soon

16 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

So F Kana ended up being chosen despite having her banner as a BHB banner. At least she's out of the way in the long green unit queue.

Hopefully next colourless legendary would either be healer Micaiah or flying healer Elincia. Colorless bow Alm would be the best solution for Alm since being red again would be disappointing.

Also Laevateinn being moved up despite Flora appearing before her is most likely a Muspell vs Nifl Voting Gauntlet theme coming soon

It might be a bit presumptuous of me, but I suspect that next month's hero will have the following:

• Green unit: Next to colorless, it's the color we have the fewest of. We can reasonably assume they won't be colorless (which is likely coming January as 4 non-colorless are confirmed), and getting our 3rd red in a row seems pretty absurd to me (though nothing's impossible)
  • From Fates: With only Ryoma so far, the love Fates gets seems suspicious to me. Several games have 2 Legendaries so far, many of which are counterpart characters to each other so it stands to reason that we'll see another Fates royal (excluding Corrins and Camilla). There's also a very high chance we'll see a few Fates characters on the banner regardless (Flora, Summer Camilla, Summer Takumi), and lately new Legendaries have been appearing alongside several characters from their games (though this aspect is more than likely a complete coincidence... OR IS IT).
  • Fire Element: It's harder to tell what's going on with elements since, for the first time, the season doesn't match the hero (or at least this week it doesn't). Next month's season is (or was?) supposed to be Fire, but I'm using my old notes for this I think. Not that element matters much in this regard, however. I'd guess Earth as the next most likely
  • Flying: If only to diversify them from Hector, assuming they are Fire. If they're Earth, cavalry. Flying is also one of the more underrepresented movement types among Legendaries.

Based on these wild theories of mine, I'm currently putting my crazy person chips down on flying axe Legendary Xander next month, wielding Bolverk. Fire type would be there to contrast Ryoma's Water type, though Earth is a possibility too. I don't expect Water though, and Wind is done for this rotation.

This is, of course, assuming that Book III doesn't introduce a brand new Legendary hero that they give us Fjorm-style, which is certainly possible, though I'm not certain the usual banner window will line up with the update for Book III; we'll be seeing the new hero around Christmas.

-------------------------------

For January, it should certainly be a colorless hero, and perhaps the note about Radiant Dawn was a clue. As it stands, I take it to mean that we would see (in order of likelihood) Micaiah, Elincia, or Lehran, all 3 of which have potential as a healer. The only curveball I could see is if 3.0 introduces beast units, in which case I could see them giving us somebody like Reyson.

12 hours ago, Johann said:

Based on these wild theories of mine, I'm currently putting my crazy person chips down on flying axe Legendary Xander next month, wielding Bolverk. Fire type would be there to contrast Ryoma's Water type, though Earth is a possibility too. I don't expect Water though, and Wind is done for this rotation.

Another legendary flier would be really great. I love fliers but Ryoma doesn't interest me, so I only have Grima to play around with.

I also like Xander so that would be great, but would that really be a good idea? Wouldn't that make Xander the first male character with 5 versions? Is he really popular enough for that?

Edited by Azuris

1 hour ago, Azuris said:

Another legendary flier would be really great. I love fliers but Ryoma doesn't interest me, so I only have Grima to play around with.

I also like Xander so that would be great, but would that really be good idea? Wouldn't that make Xander the first male character with 5 versions? Is he really popular enough for that?

Beats me, I just think that they're eventually going to make him as a counterpart to Ryoma, and I'm hard pressed to imagine who else would be green right now (unless they wanna add more dragons, tomes, etc). To be fair, there are no versions of Xander in the regular summoning pool, compared to the multiples for characters like Lyn or Camilla. I don't know if he's popular with the majority of fans, but he gets a lot of love from IS for sure.

Edited by Johann

3 hours ago, Azuris said:

I also like Xander so that would be great, but would that really be good idea? Wouldn't that make Xander the first male character with 5 versions? Is he really popular enough for that?

For whatever it's worth Xander went from rank 42 (22 if males only) in CYL1 to rank 37 (17 for just males) in CYL2 despite already getting 2 alts in year 1. Though maybe if his legendary variant is as goofy as his seasonal alts people would be too busy laughing at him instead of being angry maybe? Though honestly I expect people to argue that there are other male characters who 'deserve' 5 alts before Xander (and I'm talking about those loud Ike, Roy, Ephraim and Hector fans).

Edited by NSSKG151

1 minute ago, NSSKG151 said:

For whatever it's worth Xander went from rank 42 (22 if males only) in CYL1 to rank 37 (17 for just males) in CYL2 despite already getting 2 alts in year 1. Though maybe if his legendary variant is as goofy as his seasonal alts people would be too busy laughing at him instead of being angry maybe? Though honestly I expect people to argue that there are other male characters who 'deserve' 5 alts before Xander.

And by the time of CYL2, none were even particularly good, so not like that helped him.

Anyway, I'd laugh my freaking ass off if they made the legendary Camilla wielding Bolverk.

2 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

And by the time of CYL2, none were even particularly good, so not like that helped him.

Anyway, I'd laugh my freaking ass off if they made the legendary Camilla wielding Bolverk.

If we are talking about his spring and summer variants yeah those are not good at all but I don't think that was what boosted his CYL rank. His normal variant from GHB is very FTP friendly though (and its possible to +10 him now even if it will take 10 years to do so with the current rate of grails coming in) which I am assuming where he got more votes from in addition to the votes from his regular fans.