Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did see some scary red mage spam that with refresher back-up that could punch through Surtr's Res through sheer number of attacks. However, I'm running double link Smite Odin as his dedicated support. His own double link buffs, plus the triple durability buff from three Eirs lets him take that on with little issue. Who'd have thought the man would come so far at the start of the game?

Also, dancing Micaiah by herself isn't enough to counter Surtr. One of the other defenses I fought had her as the sole real counter to Surtr (there was also a Firesweep+ Brave Lyn with Poison Strike, but ehhh) and he face tanked her one hit just fine, losing just 2/3 of his HP (and promptly healing most of it back from triple Eir). These are all +0 units with less-than-optimal boon/banes, too—defensive stacking is just that ridiculous.

Only got 180 lift today, because it I lost my Rein during one of the runs. Turns out the only thing worse than a Wrazzle Dazzle healer and a dancer is 2 Wrazzle Dazzle healer and a dancer. With 6260 lift, my current tier is almost secured for the week, but AR Tier 17 isn't off the table either. Let's see.

• With having 6260 lift, I'm 240 lift away from the next tier.
  • If my defense team fails, I may lose 4 times 80 in the remaining day, so for full secure I should earn 560 lift
  • I have 3 days to attack, which comes with 3 attack attempt for free, and 150 bonus aether to my current 39 for a total of 189 aether
  • Above 6500 lift the cost for an attack will be 75 aether, so the most aether I need to spend is 225 aether
  • That means I need to collect 36 aether by smashing pots, and I cannot lose more than 2 units during my raids.

There's more open space if I start using Eir and Aversa(who has the blessing), but I'm not super confident with that team. So far it looks quite possible, but I need to keep my game on during the raids - this could be fun.

Edited by Garlyle

30 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

and he face tanked her one hit just fine,

This is what happens when the red mage isn't running Axebreaker like they're supposed to.

So I ran into an interesting map today with five armors, all with Wary Fighter and Ward Armor, bunched up in a corner behind a wall of structures. It was interesting, but kind of futile since they simply couldn't damage my Myrrh and Surtr and I could always arrange my guys to fight at neutral weapon triangle or at weapon triangle advantage. And Eir could debuff their defenses due to only two of them having Distant Counter.

It was also funny watching a Dream Azura choose to attack Myrrh and die instead of dance Veronica because Veronica couldn't damage anything.

6 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

The problem is that Eir is too good. Aether Raids as it is now is a mode that wants you to run 2-3 copies of the same unit for scoring, but they also made Eir so strong that running 2-3 copies of her is one of the best strategies from a pure gameplay perspective (ignoring scoring, but assuming you still want the result of all units alive, all pots broken, all enemies defeated).

How is she so strong? She is still a dagger unit. 

I thought her only pro in AR was to make Sutr (whom I miss) invincible. 

I got the hang of this mode by now. All my runs this week have been good so far. Still, without Mystic Hero merges and so on I can only climb slow and steady. In all I think it is best not to be obsessed about this mode as f2p. just climbing tiers at a slow pace and collecting crowns. I can reach Top 6k this week. But I cannot reach Tier 18 D=. And I guess that I will be stuck in T19 for a while.

About def.. I can constantly grind out 2 defeated enemies. But sometimes I just get the loss. 

Edited by Stroud

The merge on Eir and spare Light blessing (on Nanna) seems to be working on offense.

I did my first rematch and it felt so good to pummel the jerk that stole 80 of my lift - smashing his pots to recover Aether too. Turns out he only had four units on defense (he had five on offense). My Spring Sharena tanked one hit from his Michalis.

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

She can make any sufficiently minmaxed tank borderline invincible. Surtr just happens to be the best candidate because of how strong his base kit is. Hell, she even let my Odin, the unit with one of the worst stat lines in the game, win a 1v3 against Lilina, Celica and L!Lucina.

Her combat itself isn't all that great, but still good enough to mash many mages, so long as she initiates, and two of her can usually dog-pile something to death while the tank is off distracting the entire rest of the enemy team. In short, multiple Eirs turns Aether Raids into an MMO-style tank-and-spank raid.

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

She makes any tank with high Def and moderately high Res nearly invincible. Both versions of Myrrh benefit greatly from this, as well.

In terms of combat, she falls under the category of "good enough". Her damage output is sufficient for combat, and she can safely initiate combat against dragons due to her negating adaptive damage and preventing follow-up attacks.

Edited by Ice Dragon

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

She makes everyone past a certain Def + Res invincible (ideally they're more Def focused than Res Focused), and she does even better buffing fliers---since she has access to Ward/Fort, etc.

Her +5 Hp/+5 Res stacks per copy, and Ward Fliers also stack per copy. This means people like Beruka, Myrrh, etc. can actually get more stats than bonus unit Surtr.

And her combat is just good enough that she KOs other Eirs, meaning she functions well in the mirror match where your 'carry' kills the other 'carry' while your Mythics go around breaking pots and killing other Mythics. (It helps that if the other carry doesn't go DC then she can debuff for -7/-7, and if they do go DC then your carry destroys them with the slot advantage.)

Edit: @Ice Dragon We need to stop being basically the same person, lul.

Edited by DehNutCase

34 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

She can make any sufficiently minmaxed tank borderline invincible. Surtr just happens to be the best candidate because of how strong his base kit is. Hell, she even let my Odin, the unit with one of the worst stat lines in the game, win a 1v3 against Lilina, Celica and L!Lucina.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

She makes any tank with high Def and moderately high Res nearly invincible. Both versions of Myrrh benefit greatly from this, as well.

Hmm, would it work with Hrid as well? My +HP/-ATK Hrid (Summoner S) arrives to 49 HP, 38 DEF, 28 RES before AR bonuses and buffs.

Argh, forgot Legendaries can't get blessed. Stupid system.

Next candidate would be Laevatein (+DEF/-HP, bulky enough?). But the new type of blessing will become the limiting factor if they don't start giving us some related missions / blessed gardens. 

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Her +5 Hp/+5 Res stacks per copy, and Ward Fliers also stack per copy. This means people like Beruka, Myrrh, etc. can actually get more stats than bonus unit Surtr.

Don't have Laegjarn. :-(

Overall I don't think I'll pull for a second/third Eir. Don't like this new development ... 

Just now, mampfoid said:

Don't have Laegjarn. :-(

Overall I don't think I'll pull for a second/third Eir. Don't like this new development ... 

Laegjarn only has 53 Def + Res, Beruka has 59, this means that even with Laegjarn's bonus stats this season Beruka's comaprable.

@mampfoid @DehNutCase

Oh, yeah, I forgot to also mention that her unique C skill Sparkling Boost is great for dealing with the fallout from Pain+ and Savage Blow since like all other skills with infinite range, ties are broken by awarding the boost to everyone that tied. With two copies of Eir, I'm getting 20 points of healing every turn, more if there are ties.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

@mampfoid @DehNutCase

Oh, yeah, I forgot to also mention that her unique C skill Sparkling Boost is great for dealing with the fallout from Pain+ and Savage Blow since like all other skills with infinite range, ties are broken by awarding the boost to everyone that tied. With two copies of Eir, I'm getting 20 points of healing every turn, more if there are ties.

Yeah, that's why I'm keeping her C-slot for buffing armors atm. (Marginal things like Drive Def isn't really worth it when Sparkling is pretty good already.) Although personally I never had too much issues from splash damage.

Most of that was because my enemies used to only get off 1 attack per map, though.

40 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@mampfoid @DehNutCase

Oh nice. I wondered if 2 sparkling would stack. 

41 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Laegjarn only has 53 Def + Res, Beruka has 59, this means that even with Laegjarn's bonus stats this season Beruka's comaprable.

I haven't build Beruka (4*+9 +ATK/-SPD), but my Laevatein arrives to 40 DEF with boon and Fury. Other candidates would be Shiro +6 (+ATK/-HP),  B!Ike (+DEF/-SPD), LB!Dorcas or OG Hector (ATK/-SPD). 

8 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

maybe this nets comp-orbs?

I do not remember the last time we got compensation Orbs. Anna must have been brutal on intern kun lately.

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Oh nice. I wondered if 2 sparkling would stack. 

Yep. Same way that Renewal and Falchion stack.

And assuming they haven't changed the mechanics for start-of-turn effects, Sparkling Boost should take HP into account before Renewal and other healing effects take effect.