Who can we expect for the Radiant Dawn banner?

Gregster101

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Time for my depressing prediction, Nailah and Tibarn are the whole banner, continuing this 2 character banner trend...if they have a TT and GHB (hopefully Naesala and Dheginsea) that is just enough to fill out a whole Forging Bond roster.

I don't think there's a TT or new GHB scheduled during the New Banner/Forging Bonds run time, so the banner is probably of 4 units.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/13/2018 at 4:44 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Time for my depressing prediction, Nailah and Tibarn are the whole banner, continuing this 2 character banner trend...if they have a TT and GHB (hopefully Naesala and Dheginsea) that is just enough to fill out a whole Forging Bond roster.

if that's the case - this means people can get Tibarn/Naliah super faster (and if saved (including tickets) can +10 them faster. 
That is not depressing what so ever. 

I can expect Lethe, Ranulf, and/or Leanne to be the other Laguz units coming in the update. I'm pretty much expecting this to be a full-Laguz banner update - otherwise, Laguz are just going to be a novelty at best (ie. in a similar vein to units like F!Grima, Legend Lyn, Flora, Ylgr, NY Fjorm) and people would continue to use their favorite/more traditional melee units, especially if none of the Laguz units become merge-friendly (read: demoted).

If non-Laguz units were to be added in the update, it'd probably be units known to have some sort of prejudice against Laguz like Jill or Shinon. And they'd probably be GHB/TT units.

Because Nailah (after that I don't care who else is on the banner, she will be taking orbs) has been shown and this banner is Radiant Dawn themed, I would love to see Rafiel. But I can see someone like Skrimir, Volug (easy skips) or Vika, people introduced in Radiant Dawn. I hope all the units on this banner are beast units.

On 12/13/2018 at 12:20 PM, Ice Dragon said:

I'm pretty sure any Hero that we managed to kidnap from a Hard or Maniac mode run would not mind the breather that is playing Heroes on Phoenix mode or whatever the hell it's called these days.

Revives at the end of the map are casual mode. Rival Domains is closer to Phoenix mode, though.

On 12/13/2018 at 4:44 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

A TT is highly unlikely, since we just had two TTs in a row. There will probably be a TT for the late January banner, but not this one.

There will probably be a GHB, but it doesn't seem like it'll be released by the start of the Forging Bonds, and it would be very odd to include the GHB unit before they're playable.

I hope Ranulf is on the banner and I think he should be there since he's important in both PoR and RD, and his role is bigger in RD, so it would make sense to put him in an RD banner. If it's four units, I'd guess Reyson as the fourth. Lethe could be a TT unit and we could see Naesala or Dheginsea as a GHB.

"Silently prays for Neasala in any shape or form".  As to who I expect, I really don't know but I figure at least one more girl who I hope is Ena since a non loli girl dragon would be great.

@EricaofRenais I wouldn’t mind Ena either (maybe they can Karla her and make her busted even though IIRC she wasn’t in POR/RD), but she wouldn’t be the first non-loli dragon girl, since we have Awakening Tiki and both female Corrins (and Summer Awakening Tiki, if she counts).

With you on Naesala though, I want him as a GHB but if he got in some other way I’d be fine with that too.

@Anacybele I feel like Lethe will probably show up on a Path of Radiance beast banner though, RD has Ranulf if they want to put a cat on the banner.

Speaking of Ranulf, I really opened he’s on this banner so he can possibly get demoted to 4/5-Star once it ends and we can have a beast in the 4-Star pool.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

4 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

maybe they can Karla her and make her busted even though IIRC she wasn’t in POR/RD

I'd expect that of Lyre, she has very little to her in characterization, yet she has wifeypon potential, so they could bolster that with gameplay brokenness.

Likewise, I can totally conceive Ranulf getting Canased- highly wanted, but neutered.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

I feel like IntSys would want Lethe as a banner unit rather than a free one. She’ll probably show up on a Path of Radiance beast banner though, RD has Ranulf if they want to put a cat on the banner.

Maybe. But yeah, Lethe fits more on a PoR banner since she had more presence there than in RD. While the reverse is true for Ranulf. Ranulf had a decent amount of presence in PoR, but he wasn't playable until late while in RD, he was playable as soon as he appeared more or less and he was a commanding unit and you even needed to use him with Ike to complete a chapter objective.

EDIT: I hope Ranulf isn't just dumbed down or something, he's supposed to canonically be the strongest cat in Gallia. Even if he actually is a TT unit or GHB or something, he can still be a great unit, come on IS.

Edited by Anacybele

I don’t see Ranulf going the way of Canas, though he probably will end up slower than an eventual Lethe. I’m hoping they end up something like this:

Ranulf | 43 HP | 35 ATK | 35 SPD | 30 DEF | 20 RES

Lethe | 37 HP | 31 ATK | 40 SPD | 25 DEF | 30 RES

Where Ranulf ends up with significantly higher ATK, HP and DEF while still having good SPD with RES as his primary weak point, and Lethe gets super speed and okay RES in exchange for all other stats being below average.

Okay, final guess (I suppose) for me is the following: Tibarn, Naesala, Nailah, and Rafiel. I wouldn't be surprised to see Volug or Caineghis either, though. (To me, it would make more sense if Caineghis was introduced in another way, though, like as a legendary hero or on a later banner with Giffca, Skrimir and Ranulf, as Gallia's elite.)

Both Ranulf and Lethe got more CYL2 votes for their FE9 versions than FE10, unlike Tibarn. But Mia got more votes for her FE10 version and it didn't stop her from being added as an FE9 unit, even in Farfetched Heroes, so who knows.

I don't think we're getting any colorless beasts or herons yet. Those seem like things they'd save for later. I'm not sure about dragons: it's hard to tell how they'd implement them, and none of them seem to be particularly popular.

I don't care who's on the banner as long as someone fucking demotes from it.

Also, someone remind me. Have we had an instance of a banner getting both forging bonds and a tempest trial?

22 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I don't care who's on the banner as long as someone fucking demotes from it.

Also, someone remind me. Have we had an instance of a banner getting both forging bonds and a tempest trial?

No. They seem to prefer spacing out those events: 14 days of Forging Bonds, 10 days of TT, and 6 days of Grand Conquests back-to-back allows for 30 days of a typical month having exactly one of those three events running at a time. December was a bit wonky, but that seems to be becoming the standard for other months.

Past Forging Bonds:

• July: Awakening
  • August: CYL2
  • September: Fates: Conquest
  • October: Farfetched 2
  • November: Nifl

First three were four-character banners, third was a three-character banner plus its GHB, fourth was just a collection of Nifl characters. Hopefully it's back to a four-character banner now.

47 minutes ago, Othin said:

No. They seem to prefer spacing out those events: 14 days of Forging Bonds, 10 days of TT, and 6 days of Grand Conquests back-to-back allows for 30 days of a typical month having exactly one of those three events running at a time. December was a bit wonky, but that seems to be becoming the standard for other months.

Past Forging Bonds:

• July: Awakening
  • August: CYL2
  • September: Fates: Conquest
  • October: Farfetched 2
  • November: Nifl

First three were four-character banners, third was a three-character banner plus its GHB, fourth was just a collection of Nifl characters. Hopefully it's back to a four-character banner now.

Right, and none of those had an associated Tempest Trial. So I guess it's safe to say we're probably not getting another Tempest Trial associated with RD and therefore we're not getting a TT character.

The world could use more of Vika.

We don't have anything on the calendar starting later than the next banner's release, and there's no Tempest Trials or Grand Hero Battle starting on that day. Since it would be weird to have Forging Bonds start before the fourth character is added, I'm guessing either all of the Forging Bonds characters will be on the banner or we'll have returning characters in Forging Bonds, though the latter I feel is unlikely.

If beast weapons are split by type of weapon (fang, talon, etc.), then I'd expect 2 beasts and 2 birds on the banner so that we have some inheritable options for Tibarn and Nailah. If they aren't split, then I'm still expecting 4 characters both to fill out the Forging Bonds event and to provide enough weapon and skill diversity to get things started.

I don't think they'll add the herons just yet. We've gotten one dancer after another recently, and not only would that add more dancers, but it would also limit the number of inheritable weapons we'd be able to get in the banner since the herons probably won't have weapons inheritable by other Laguz types.

I'm honestly hoping for 2 non-royals to pair with Tibarn and Nailah so that there's an excuse to add inheritable weapons. I'd personally like to see Ranulf and Vika, though I also wouldn't mind Lethe. That said, it'd be a weird lineup to have for Forging Bonds.

top.PNG.838a03555b9132926d67006d2cf031dd.PNGtop2.PNG.f3c6c5059e0ccd39a4f865319f859d3c.PNG

I put this in the General discussion before. Tibarn and Nailah are guaranteed, and from the Cyl results and by seeing this as a possible full beast unit banner, I am calling Ranulf and Lethe as the winners of this. Leanne is also a candidate this way, other than that Jill and Haar would be popular choices.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The world could use more of Vika.

We don't have anything on the calendar starting later than the next banner's release, and there's no Tempest Trials or Grand Hero Battle starting on that day. Since it would be weird to have Forging Bonds start before the fourth character is added, I'm guessing either all of the Forging Bonds characters will be on the banner or we'll have returning characters in Forging Bonds, though the latter I feel is unlikely.

If beast weapons are split by type of weapon (fang, talon, etc.), then I'd expect 2 beasts and 2 birds on the banner so that we have some inheritable options for Tibarn and Nailah. If they aren't split, then I'm still expecting 4 characters both to fill out the Forging Bonds event and to provide enough weapon and skill diversity to get things started.

I don't think they'll add the herons just yet. We've gotten one dancer after another recently, and not only would that add more dancers, but it would also limit the number of inheritable weapons we'd be able to get in the banner since the herons probably won't have weapons inheritable by other Laguz types.

I'm honestly hoping for 2 non-royals to pair with Tibarn and Nailah so that there's an excuse to add inheritable weapons. I'd personally like to see Ranulf and Vika, though I also wouldn't mind Lethe. That said, it'd be a weird lineup to have for Forging Bonds.

Huh. I hadn't thought about Vika, but she's certainly possible. Seems like surprisingly fast movement through the combat birds (only six of them total, and Janaff/Ulki/Nealuchi seem like quite low priority) but I hadn't been expecting birds to show up this soon in the first place and yet here's Tibarn. It'd also cover all four non-Goldoa/Serenes laguz nations, resulting in more variety than having Lethe and Ranulf together here, and leave Lethe on the table for the next FE9 banner. I can get on board with this.

It would've been nice for a TT or GHB to go with this banner, simply cause Beast is a new unit type and it would be nice if everyone got one for free to try it out. Maybe we get a free one as a log-in bonus or for finishing the story chapters.

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I mean, Kliff, Loki, Owain, and Aversa was a weird lineup too and they made it work anyway, so I don't think it matters that much if the characters really 'fit' together or not.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we don't get colour-overlap on this banner if we're getting 3/4 characters on it. Assuming the next character(s) is also a Laguz, I'd like Lethe and/ or Mordecai here. They were the first Laguz we ever got to use and I grew quite fond of both of them over the course of PoR and RD. They'd presumably be green so that we have a beast for each colour, followed by a colourless Lehran (or Micaiah) as our Mythic Hero.

So, thinking more about the Vika and Ranulf possibility:

If those two are the ones rounding out the banner, Ranulf will definitely be the demote. Meanwhile, if none of them are colorless, it seems to me that Vika will most likely be green while Ranulf will probably be red. I don't think we'd get two blue 5* exclusives together here: by my count, only four New Heroes banners have had multiple 5* exclusives sharing a color, and in all four cases, they were red. I don't think she'd share a color with Tibarn here and I don't think Ranulf would share a color with Nailah here, so that just leaves green for her. Ranulf also has the option of green, but they very rarely double up on green (only one New Heroes banner did it), and I think they'd be likely to have the first demoted beast be a red infantry.

I'm also keeping my money on Sephiran as the GHB.