Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

1 minute ago, Nym said:

Have you heard that Null C-Disrupt can nullify Fire Sweep's weapon counter attack weakness for the user of the weapon? The enemy is still affected by the Fire Sweep effect but the user can counter attack thanks to Disrupt.

Yeah, but I primarily use Firesweep Bow, so I use them exclusively as Player Phase units.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Falcom said:

The Tellius games, if I recalled, didn't sell well. So I'd imagine not as many people know who Elincia truly is about and what made her great.

Definitely sucks cause I would love to see Elincia get a Brave alt.

Then why do so many know about and love Micaiah? She's from Tellius too, and only one of the two games at that. Elincia is in both. And I think RD did worse than PoR. Micaiah's only exposure besides RD has been an Awakening DLC that doesn't properly portray her. And now Heroes. Elincia also got Awakening DLC for that matter. And if Heroes made people like her more, why didn't it make them like Elincia more too? Normal Elincia is a pretty great unit in the game. Maybe better than Micaiah, and she's good too. They've both literally had the same exposure.

Heck, why do so many people love Mia, Nephenee, Black Knight, etc? All from Tellius. Ike has had Smash, Codename Steam, and Fates to help him, of course.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Yeah, but I primarily use Firesweep Bow, so I use them exclusively as Player Phase units.

I saw someone use Fallen Celica with this combo, very OP.

I like Camilla and if she wins then whatever, I honestly can't be interested because she's the character with the most alts in the game. I just don't want Micaiah to fall out of the top 2. D:

If the top 4 stays exactly how it is I'll be happy. I like Marth and Alm but it's kind of worrying that even with merged votes Marth is barely getting by. Poor guy.

*bites handkerchief*

This is why I said don't get too confident in Marth! I know he's second, but we don't know the margins between him and Eliwood, or even him and Chrom. I love the top five males to bits, but Marth is miles ahead of them all.

Shout out to Chrom and male Robin for staying next to each other in every. Single. CYL.

And hey Camilla! Female Robin in third shocked me, I would've thought female Corrin was the more popular of the two.

Honestly, as long as Marth wins, this'll be the best CYL in terms of characters I like - because I like them all, hahah!

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hush! The term didn't exist back then. There was still plenty of male hormonal fantasies, but not that Japan-derived Engrish term.

That's why I said prototype. The first hot female to break the 4th wall and suck the player in. Her 49,000 votes speak for themselves. She hooked very many boys and teens.

What is nice about this CYL is it gives a much better look at what the playerbase wants.  Reddit, serene forest whatever other online communities, youtube like/dislike all that really is just a tiny fraction.  Fates/Awakening super favoritism, why do Robin and Camilla have so many alts?  All the answers are found here.  If it pleases so many people as it does, then it is likely each one is making tons of money and thus financially they continue to release more and more.  

I figure most of the playerbase is too young to have played anything besides Awakening/Fates cause as I said before even Ike's games were a decade+ ago.  Perhaps a few played these oldie games in retrospect but likely the vast majority have not.  It is very unfortunate for those of us that started before Awakening but we matter very little.  We will be thrown a bone every once inawhile, some scraps from the Awakening/Fates continuous feast.  

As violently as a few drops in an ocean stir it will have little to no effect on the flow.   

I think we can safely say, after seeing this top 40, that we'll see again a lot of alternates for the same characters again this year. 

Most likely a bunch on regular new heroes banners as well. 

Given the choice, I have a slight preference for the #3 and #4 of each side over the two leading candidates, but I have no issue if the results stand as-is either - mainly didn't want to see any OCs get in. I was fine with Veronica as a novelty but let's not make it a habit. As a result, I'm not going to interfere with the top end of the contest and will just fritter away the rest of my votes.

Now, for CYL4, watch as Three Houses gets some "reincarnations" of popular characters as new units, and Allimac wins the female bracket.

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m disappointed with the community because they are voting for Surtr, Líf, and Thrasir.

Me too, Vax. Me too.

Oh, and reminder that Surtr is in the Top 20 for males while Leif isn’t. If that isn’t considered a war crime (Surtr being playable as he is that high is bad enough on it’s own), it really should be.

Voting for the dead guys, meanwhile, is completely pointless if it’s only for the sake of making them playable. Regardless of how idiotic and nonsensical it would be, IS will almost certainly make them (and Hel) playable once Book III is over anyways.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then why do so many know about and love Micaiah? She's from Tellius too, and only one of the two games at that. Elincia is in both. And I think RD did worse than PoR. Micaiah's only exposure besides RD has been an Awakening DLC that doesn't properly portray her. And now Heroes. And if Heroes made people like her more, why didn't it make them like Elincia more too? Normal Elincia is a pretty great unit in the game. Maybe better than Micaiah, and she's good too.

To me, Elincia's appeal is in her character arc, which needs you to play both games, whereas Micaiah didn't get the slow-burn development so it's more based on her appearance and personality. As a unit in Heroes, I also think Micaiah's dual effectiveness made her stand out more than Elincia's stronger Brave effect.

9 minutes ago, TheWill said:

To be honest, I don't see anything karmic about the situation.

I think the karma being referred to is this:

20 minutes ago, eclipse said:

In the end, she's a video game character, and that's hardly a reason to lose one's temper.

People are getting furious over a video game character- nothing. Pixels with a little fictional story to describe them.

If Camilla was a real politician running for real office threatening taxes too high for anyone middle or lower class to live somewhere. Or she if wanted to let the rich keep all their money and leave the poor in squalor. THEN people would have reason to lose their tempers.

Karma- You rage over nothing. Nothing wins out over you. Conquer nothing by conquering your temper. 

25 minutes ago, TheWill said:

Interesting. I think Shinon is a pretty good example, by you. He does get a fair amount of support with a few that utterly detest him.

And forgive me if I'm wrong, I haven't paid any attention to Fates's characters (partly so I can stay out things like the Camilla spats easier), but isn't Takumi like Shinon? Abrasive male Archer. Except Shinon is probably even less likable on the surface- you have to dig into his supports to see his good side. Yet being older and not a main character, Shinon escapes the controversy Takumi gets pincushioned with from time to time.

7 minutes ago, Nym said:

Yeah I expected something like this, this like a worse version of the voting gauntlets.

I actually skipped reading those here on SF eons ago. Now those are toxic. I shoulda done the same about an hour ago.

3 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

To me, Elincia's appeal is in her character arc, which needs you to play both games, whereas Micaiah didn't get the slow-burn development so it's more based on her appearance and personality. As a unit in Heroes, I also think Micaiah's dual effectiveness made her stand out more than Elincia's stronger Brave effect.

Elincia isn't attractive? No way, she's very beautiful. I don't see how she is any less pretty than Micaiah. Besides, Micaiah is closer to a little girl in appearance and Elincia is a mature woman. Kind of creepy if guys like young girls more than adult women.

And this is just me, but I like her strong brave effect more than Micaiah's armor and horse bombing. Elincia quads things easily with her Spd too. She's also a flier which helps her mobility more.

Edited by Anacybele

Males are looking good. I approve of Marth and Alm.

I am quite happy Micaiah managed 2nd place, while somewhat baffled at Camilla taking 1st. I suppose despite the dislikes on the videos, there exists dedicated Camilla fans (and those who love to fuel the fire). Camilla isn't a terrible character, her backstory and the like is actually quite interesting. However, she has so many alts... I suppose a CYL version won't matter in the long run. If we somehow manage to get lore on the Concubine Wars from Camilla's perspective, then I'll be interested. If it is just another fanservice bikini armor, I'll pass. (Younger Camilla in Beruka's Armor? Queen Camilla as an Axe Armor? There exist some fun possibilities.)

For some predictions on these 4 units...
Alm - Red Bow (Hero Alm, wielding a bow.)
Marth - Blue Lance (Gradivus Marth? I honestly have no idea, unless they just make him a Red Sword again.)
Camilla - Green Axe (Queen of Nohr, Axe Armor? Younger Camilla with Beruka's Armor, Axe Infantry?)
Micaiah - Colorless Staff (Priestess of Dawn)
As a kneejerk reaction, I voted for F!Robin for my 4th vote. However, I'm not going to fight against Camila. My other three votes will go to Alm, Marth, and Micaiah (again) to try and solidify their placements. Placing a bunch of votes on the female side is not worth it to me, especially since it may end up knocking Micaiah off 2nd place.

Keep in mind, if there is "Camilla Backlash," and votes are being spread amongst the female cast, it may make it easier to upset the male rankings. I like Alm and Marth and hope they stay, but I would not mind if Bruno jumped up and stole a spot.

2 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

What is nice about this CYL is it gives a much better look at what the playerbase wants.  Reddit, serene forest whatever other online communities, youtube like/dislike all that really is just a tiny fraction.  Fates/Awakening super favoritism, why do Robin and Camilla have so many alts?  All the answers are found here.  If it pleases so many people as it does, then it is likely each one is making tons of money and thus financially they continue to release more and more.  

I figure most of the playerbase is too young to have played anything besides Awakening/Fates cause as I said before even Ike's games were a decade+ ago.  Perhaps a few played these oldie games in retrospect but likely the vast majority have not.  It is very unfortunate for those of us that started before Awakening but we matter very little.  We will be thrown a bone every once inawhile, some scraps from the Awakening/Fates continuous feast.  

As violently as a few drops in an ocean stir it will have little to no effect on the flow.   

Actually, I would say it indicates the opposite.  The GBA and vintage remakes generally overshadow Fates/Awakening. Only Camilla is making noise for Fates females this year after having Lyn, Veronica, and Celica out of the way. Lucina was the only rep for Awakening two years ago. We have Marth and Alm way ahead. Micaiah is number 2, and Eirika is still in the hunt.

3 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

I want to know where all these black knight fans came from, where is this hidden Rally that jumped him from 144th to 14th?

Probably due in part to the Smash Ultimate potential echo hype and the AT.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Besides, Micaiah is closer to a little girl in appearance and Elincia is a mature woman.

Micaiah looks in her 20s and calling Elincia a mature woman seems odd since she's probably about Ike's age, so like early 20s max in RD.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Besides, Micaiah is closer to a little girl in appearance and Elincia is a mature woman. Kind of creepy if guys like young girls more than adult women.

They look to be fairly close in physical age to me. Elincia's RD attire with its regal bulk does add some maturity to her compared to Micaiah's clothes, but remove it and I can see them in the same college. And Micaiah is actually probably like 24-28, and unlike say Nowi, she acts it. 

13 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

why do Robin and Camilla have so many alts?

You forget that the Robins count as two characters, I disagree, but this is how it is. Both genders count separately, and gender equality calls for equal representation. The way to fix this would be to count Robin/Corrin as one, and there is reason to, but that is not likely.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Micaiah looks in her 20s and calling Elincia a mature woman seems odd since she's probably about Ike's age, so like early 20s max in RD.

...What? How does Micaiah look any close to being in her twenties? She always looked 14-15 to me. Elincia looks to be in her twenties imo. An Ike is a mature man too, he's 20.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They look to be fairly close in physical age to me. Elincia's RD attire with its regal bulk does add some maturity to her compared to Micaiah's clothes, but remove it and I can see them in the same college. And Micaiah is actually probably like 24-28, and unlike say Nowi, she acts it. 

Micaiah still looks 14-15 to me, even if her true age is probably closer to mine (27). Elincia to me looks early twenties. So if guys think a 14-15 year old looks more attractive than 20 year old woman, that's creepy, like I said. I mean, if you just think she's kind of cute or pretty, okay. But having any sort of real attraction, like sexual, is gross, unless you're under 18 yourself, I suppose.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And forgive me if I'm wrong, I haven't paid any attention to Fates's characters (partly so I can stay out things like the Camilla spats easier), but isn't Takumi like Shinon? Abrasive male Archer. Except Shinon is probably even less likable on the surface- you have to dig into his supports to see his good side. Yet being older and not a main character, Shinon escapes the controversy Takumi gets pincushioned with from time to time.

Yes, but Takumi is in a game where a self-insert character exists so therefore when he's being "mean" he's being mean to "you", not just another character.

That's my assumption anyway.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Elincia isn't attractive? No way, she's very beautiful. I don't see how she is any less pretty than Micaiah. Besides, Micaiah is closer to a little girl in appearance and Elincia is a mature woman. Kind of creepy if guys like young girls more than adult women.

I meant that Elincia has enough character development that her appearance has less bearing on her popularity compared to Micaiah.

That said, her Heroes art isn't very attractive at all, at least IMO. Her dancing alt is a lot better, but first impressions count for a lot.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

And this is just me, but I like her strong brave effect more than Micaiah's armor and horse bombing. Elincia quads things easily with her Spd too. She's also a flier which helps her mobility more.

Blame Reinhardt for being a more mobile brave user. Even though Micaiah is infantry, she deals with the two most annoying movement types.

Personally, I've always found Elincia meek and weak and it annoyed me enough that I never considered her one of my faves, at the very least. That game portrait in PoR with her sad looking face and her hands on her chest just added to that impression. Micaiah is a lot more determined and self-involved. 

I started liking Elincia better when she picked up the Amiti and decided to join the fray at the very end of PoR. She does better in RD as well.

I love her retainers Lucia and Bastian a whole lot more. Geoffrey not so much, but I never liked his particular archetype.

Edited by Vince777

I wish they had at least given Leo an alt last year, so he wouldn't be leeching votes off of Takumi now (they largely share the same fanbase). Last year Takumi was just behind the Chrom and Robin, but now he slipped below that by a great margin. Even someone with currently zero personality like Lif. I will never get this fanbase..