Our First Mythic Hero Banner Appears! Duma: God of Strength (Jan 30 ~ )

Coolmanio

Stats:

48 HP displayed in the video.

The first round of combat is fought against the bow fighter in Story 3-3-2 Lunatic, who has 16 Res. Duma deals 49 damage and has 19 Atk on his weapon and 6 Atk from his weapon's effect, meaning he has 40 base Atk.

The second round of combat is fought against the green mamkute in Story 2-13-5 Lunatic, who has 31 Res. Duma deals 34 damage and has the same 25 Atk from his weapon and effect, which checks out for his 40 base Atk. His Draconic Aura deals 19 damage, which also corroborates the Atk stat. The mamkute deals 5 damage back to him and has 48 Atk, meaning Duma has 43 Res in the video. Assuming Def/Res Solo is active and he has no buffs, that gives him 37 base Res.

Assuming 180 total stats to match the big boys, that gives him 55 points in Spd and Def. I'll just give him 40 Def just for the hell of it, leaving him with 15 Spd so that he can just be min-maxed to high hell.

My guess: 48/40/15/40/37

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

That was very unexpected. Some people speculated that Dheginsea would have been this month's mystic hero as a continuation of the beasts and Tellius banner, but Duma and our first non-alt Gaiden/SoV character since July 7, 2017, Alm's Army and Celica's Army? Totally unexpected. Obviously, it doesn't imply anything, but I hope we get more Gaiden/Echoes characters in February.

Kliff was on the Brave Redux banner.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Decerd said:

So, a grand total of 2 people?

Image result for hmm meme

Yes, because this is a totally valid form of sampling to judge an entire community.

Jeez, I understand that Duma wasn't the guy you wanted, but would it hurt to tone it down? It's fine to express your discontent, but you really shouldn't be intentionally aggravating those who like Duma and are happy he's in.

Pretty cool! Going to pull at least a bit for him.

But man that C skill is going to ruin AR even further. Just... imagine whole defence teams made up of him. Your whole team starts off by losing up to 42 HP and all of your destroyable structures during his season (7x6 damage, and your buildings in the same row as one are destroyed)

5 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Yes, because this is a totally valid form of sampling to judge an entire community.

Jeez, I understand that Duma wasn't the guy you wanted, but would it hurt to tone it down? It's fine to express your discontent, but you really shouldn't be intentionally aggravating those who like Duma and are happy he's in.

Nothing you say is going to get through to him. For some reason, he hates the older games because of something the older fans did to him or something. I dunno. He don't make sense, so best to just act like he's not there.

This sets a great precedent for future Mythic Heroes.  I admit, I kept my expectations grounded and simply assumed the "Mythic" distinction was going to be an extension of Legendary Heroes and therefore serve as another excuse to continue to release the same characters.  Happy to see that not being the case for now.

Also, if they do another Hero Rises poll this year...I think I know who I'm voting for. 

4 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

But man that C skill is going to ruin AR even further. Just... imagine whole defence teams made up of him. Your whole team starts off by losing up to 42 HP and all of your destroyable structures during his season (7x6 damage, and your buildings in the same row as one are destroyed)

And then you just walk a Legendary Marth with Dragonbreakersweep up to each of them and poke them all dead.

Edited by Ice Dragon

19 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Also, if they do another Hero Rises poll this year...I think I know who I'm voting for. 

Meh. I’d get far more mileage out of Legendary Azura so my vote would be for her. 

Only time will tell if the developers can keep the “godlike” theme going. It’s a nice start, though. Dheginsea not being here now just means that he’ll be even more amazing in the future while Duma is very likely to get powercrept. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Fair enough addition, but he's probably a victim of being so invisible in his own game. I played through SoV without seeing him, the only reason his "human" appearance didn't surprise me is because I've seen it in the wiki - it could have easily been a prank pulled by someone uploading a random image to the wiki and I'd have been none the wiser.

Still, no personal interest from me because I ignore armours completely these days, and I have no affinity with the character since SoV is the only FE game I've played that I actively dislike. I'd still have pulled if the supporting cast was any good, but they're pretty mediocre overall.

Hopefully the anniversary event comes with a good Hero Fest banner because I'm resolved to only spend my meagre orbs on 8% banners these days.

10 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

I'm just saying. Dumas such an out of left field pick for this kind of announcement. Well, bright side is he isn't the only MH, so hopefully they'll be better picks.

8 minutes ago, Roland said:

Nothing you say is going to get through to him. For some reason, he hates the older games because of something the older fans did to him or something. I dunno. He don't make sense, so best to just act like he's not there.

Fake news. 

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Only time will tell if the developers can keep the “godlike” theme going. It’s a nice start, though, Dheginsea not being here now just means that he’ll be even more a azing in the future while Duma is very likely to get powercrept. 

The Japanese name for "Mythic Hero" roughly translates as "Hero within the ranks of the gods", so it's likely they'll keep this theme up.

21 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

You're not at the center of the universe, mister.

Actually, we all are the center of the universe, since there is no finite point from which the universe originated. -Or so I heard on a science documentary once, I can't quite wrap my head around it.

6 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Dheginsea not being here now just means that he’ll be even more a azing in the future while Duma is very likely to get powercrept. 

Dheg can be placed in Green for not total powercreep. If we throw holy Naga in Blue, and toss M-deus Red (Mila can be doubled on Blue), then all works out.

10 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Good idea! I'd go for this, and being brand spankin' new, he might have a shot. Sure I'll expect Lazarus to win, but this is a feasible remote hope. 

And while I'm not going to try for Duma now, Mythics due to the guarantee of color sharing is not something I'd like. If later I see he is back with another character or two on Colorless I want, I'll snipe and put him in my scope.

Also, what does this mean for Idunn and the upcoming Binding Blade Banner? Is she no longer a guarantee as GHB? Will we get Brunnya or Gale instead? Or is she, as nothing more than a War Dragon factory with pretty weak combat abilities, feasible for GHB still?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 minutes ago, Decerd said:

Fake news. 

Anyways, who do you think will be next in the Mythic Heroes line-up? I personally want to see what they'll do with Anir, if that's he correct name.

19 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Speaking of which. The stats boost Duma gets from Fell Breath against opponent's at full health is 12 points, Atk/Res+6, and it also prevents the opponent from making a follow-up attack.

Fell Breath's bonus is against opponents that aren't at full health, which is meant to combo with Upheaval.

6 minutes ago, Decerd said:

I'm just saying. Dumas such an out of left field pick for this kind of announcement. Well, bright side is he isn't the only MH, so hopefully they'll be better picks.

Remember Performing Arts? No one asked for that, and everyone liked it.

8 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

From what I've read, only a maximum of two defensive mythics count for reducing lift lost. Each additional defensive mythic offers no further benefit. For maximum lift protection, you'd want two +10 copies and four corresponding blessed units. If you field six mythics, you would have less lift protection. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Huh. I was actually expecting a god of some sort (because apparently I have more faith in IS than a lot of other people), but Duma certainly wouldn't have come to mind, probably since I didn't play SoV. He looks like he's going to be a pain to deal with without anti-dragon units, but fortunately for me I have plenty of those. Julia might get to really exercise her +3 status soon. As for the rest of the banner:

• Red: I could do with getting L!Ike more merges, but he's been doing fine so far at +1 so I'm not too interested in him. Laegjarn is meaningless to me, and I still have PTSD from trying to get L!Eirika when she originally showed up, so no thanks. Pass.
  • Blue: I don't use dancers, so Ryoma's out. I dislike armors, so Tiki's out. I already have Kliff and he's not that great anyway. Pass.
  • Green: Elincia is one of my favorite characters, but dancer...I already have L!Lyn+1, so she's not high priority. B!Ephraim would be awesome, but he's too alone in this color for me to bother pulling with how few orbs I have. Pass.
  • Grey: I actively dislike Loki, but I would like to have S!Linde and Duma. If I bother pulling on this banner, probably going to just snipe here.

All in all, I'm not too excited about this banner. That might just be me justifying the orbs I spent earlier, but regardless I'm probably not going to do much here.

10 minutes ago, Roland said:

Anyways, who do you think will be next in the Mythic Heroes line-up? I personally want to see what they'll do with Anir, if that's he correct name.

Your silence says it all, buckaroo

8 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Remember Performing Arts? No one asked for that, and everyone liked it.

True, but a good portion of people like Olivia and Azura, so it all worked out.

1 hour ago, Book Bro said:

WOW DUMA?

Why is this thread so lukewarm? This is opening the doors for characters like Naga, Medeus, Ashera, potentially even legends like Anri and Altina. Isn't this what people were hoping for when Legendary Heroes were announced? I realize Duma isn't someone most people will be emotionally attached to, but to me it's cool to have an NPC/final boss playable.

Well we see what most of the playerbase is into.  An awesome not playable in their own game, god is not cool enough.  Rather have an alt of an existing lord.  Hopefully enough people are interested that they continue with Mythics being gods.  Legendary heroes, new heroes, seasonal heroes.....are all just alts (new heroes has some new faces too), at least keep Mythic banners as something interesting and fresh.  I'd rather put my orbs towards something that is brand new not recycled.  

This is the best and most interesting mythic or legendary hero ever released.  Like others this is what I originally expected and wanted from legendary heroes, rather than just alts of lords (which we get on new hero banners anyways in addition to the silly seasonal variations).  

Throw in every expletive expressing excitement.  I don't have many orbs hope I can get him though.  It would be economical to summon blues, greens and colorless for me.  Have 3/3 reds, 1/3 of the other 3 colors.  Think of the future, more gods, crusaders, mythic historical figures!  The possibilities are incredible.  At least once every few months there will be something for those of us that want something fresh and new to be excited about.  

I know I should pull on blue if I pull on anything since I both already have and dislike Loki, I don't care too much about Summer Linde, and Dancing Ryoma is high on my wishlist while being surrounded by L!Tiki (who I don't have and who would probably be handy) and Kliff (who I don't have, has good fodder, and is a character I like.) But Duma... So, guess I'm pulling on colorless until he shows up, then switching over to blue. I was so sure I would skip this banner, too. May still wait it out, though, to get a look at the upcoming seasonal banner before committing my orbs.

- Won't really pull. Outta orbs and I'm not too interested in Duma
- New Echoes characters are nice
- Duma's breath animation looks absolutely insane
- If this is how IS is gonna treat Mythic Heroes (new special characters and not alts), then I'm all in (but knowing IS, I doubt they can keep this up)

20 minutes ago, Othin said:

Don't forget Kliff!

Oh yeah, forgot about him. Great way to pay him back for being an amazing archer on my still unfinished run of SoV by forgetting his existence.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fell Breath's bonus is against opponents that aren't at full health, which is meant to combo with Upheaval.

I blame large descriptions and words blurring together. Well, in that case, ignore everything I said. So, it's kind of like a reverse Wary Fighter that checks the opponent's health instead of the user's health.

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The Japanese name for "Mythic Hero" roughly translates as "Hero within the ranks of the gods", so it's likely they'll keep this theme up.

Until they throw stuff like Mythic Camilla to cash in on her fans. I’ll remain skeptical. There’s hardly anything that interests me in the “godlike” category so most of these banners will be easy skips. 

Red

I have a perfect LIke, so not needed. Laegjarn is not needed anymore since NYGunthraa and Eirika does not interest me in the slightest. No BraveCelica, RIP.

Blue

Tiki is the only unit of the pool I really would like to have. I have multiples Cliffs already and Ryoma is the least of the cast besides Loki I need and want.

Green

Already have a good BraveEphraim and DancerElincia. LLyn is not an unit I really need.

Colourless

I have none of them, but I also do not really need and want any of them. Duma and Linde would be helpful in armor / horse teams, but I can easily come along without them.

All in all will do one circle, that's it!