Our First Mythic Hero Banner Appears! Duma: God of Strength (Jan 30 ~ )

Coolmanio

Oh, I just realized. Maybe this is how we'll get Ashera and/or Yune into the game. Although I'd hope that they're some of the later ones to be added to make them extra strong, as they are actual divinity rather than super powerful dragons.

Mila is probably a shoo-in if Duma's added. I also hope they don't even think about adding all of the Crusaders here, they'd make up 3/4 of the entire Mythic Heroes themselves.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, extreme disappointment one banner straight into actual gods the next.

I'll be honest, the moment I realised who it was (cause at first I was just like "who dat?"), my mind filled with so much excitement. Plus the other heroes are good, plenty of legendary heroes I still need to complete the collection AND Loki in addition.

Finally, something utterly amazing has finally come...

3 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

WOW DUMA?

Why is this thread so lukewarm? This is opening the doors for characters like Naga, Medeus, Ashera, potentially even legends like Anri and Altina. Isn't this what people were hoping for when Legendary Heroes were announced? I realize Duma isn't someone most people will be emotionally attached to, but to me it's cool to have an NPC/final boss playable.

I don't get the lukewarm response either. Gaiden/Echoes finally has a Legendary/Mythic character, and it happens to be a character we've never controlled before. It's not even an alt. It's a new character.

And yet everyone is still down in the dumps on it. I'll never understand this fanbase.

Duma certainly fits the bill.

Will be pulling, since there are two armored dragons I want here. This is my want list (1 being most wanted, 3 being least wanted):

Red:

1. Laegjarn (Best Heroes OC aside from Helbindi)

2. L!Eirika (Legendary Hero I don’t have)

3. L!Ike (Obtained)

Blue:

1. L!Tiki (Top of my list for most wanted units currently in the game aside from Halloween Myrrh)

2. Dancing Ryoma (Unobtained Seasonal)

3. Kliff (Unobtained, but he’s in the regular pool)

Green:

1. Beefraim (Special Fighter fodder)

2. Dancing Elincia (Unobtained Seasonal)

3. L!Lyn (Obtained)

Colorless:

1. Duma (New boi in town)

2. Loki (Unobtained)

3. Summer Linde (Obtained)

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

I don't get the lukewarm response either. Gaiden/Echoes finally has a Legendary/Mythic character, and it happens to be a character we've never controlled before. It's not even an alt. It's a new character.

And yet everyone is still down in the dumps on it. I'll never understand this fanbase.

I think Duma is pretty cool, its not often you get to have a cyclopic dragon zombie.

I am curious as to whether the original big dragon baddie will get in though? 

1 minute ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I think Duma is pretty cool, its not often you get to have a cyclopic dragon zombie.

He probably will. It's only a matter of time.

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'm fine with it being duma. 
but i give zero poops about AR. like. none. and is he offense (or defense) oriented? 

I'm glad gods/and actual mythic people are coming into the game (ashera, naga, mila, etc) and SoV being my favourite game coming in. WOOOOOO. but .... eh. 
though my biggest hope was me not wanting to dump a tonne of orbs, and so now i won't really, even though this means no summer linde for me :(

4 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I don’t care for Duma. The only “Mythic” characters I’d remotely be interested in would be Nagi, Mila , Idunn or Athos. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

10 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Considering it took us two and a half years to get Gharnef, I'm not holding my breath.

Edit: Derp, 1 and a half years. I'm an imbecile.

Edited by Robert of Normandy

5 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

WOW DUMA?

Why is this thread so lukewarm? This is opening the doors for characters like Naga, Medeus, Ashera, potentially even legends like Anri and Altina. Isn't this what people were hoping for when Legendary Heroes were announced? I realize Duma isn't someone most people will be emotionally attached to, but to me it's cool to have an NPC/final boss playable.

Well, I'm not gonna lie to myself and say that I'm excited about this. I can say he looks great and it's a pretty cool addition, but I prefer seeing characters that I like better or I'm more familiar with. If I get him on free pull, awesome, not gonna complain, but I won't spend my saved orbs on him.

Not gonna rain on anyone's parade though. I'm legit happy for those who are excited for him and I really hope you pull him. He does look pretty OP, at least.

8 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Because Duma's such a lame pick man. Give us someone like Naga or something.

Oooh...

I was hoping for Yune possessed Micaiah, but this is better.  I've never played Echoes, but that means Mythic heroes may actually remain new heroes.  So, great!  We get a new hero, and this leaves a door open for a lot of great Mythic heroes that we wouldn't get otherwise.  (Ashera and Yune please!  Maybe even Ashunera...)

Now, just to decide if I really want more legendary Ike merges...  He's the weak link in my arena core right now.

2 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Considering it took us two and a half years to get Gharnef, I'm not holding my breath.

Archanea doesn't seem to be as popular in getting characters as the 3DS entries obviously.

Villains also don't get much reputation.

Radiant Dawn doesn't even have Lekain!

I'm not going to go out of my way to get him (Elise still beckons for me), but it is actually pretty sweet to see Duma here especially since I was half-expecting this Mythic to be a pointless sister to Eir. On the other hand, I also don't have summer Linde or Loki so it might be worth my while to at least try pulling colorless on this banner. I also don't have legendary Eirika or Laegjarn as far as the reds are concerned, but I don't particularly care because they both [REDACTED].

Duma...?  I mean, he's pretty cool and all, but still a bit disappointing that it wasn't a Radiant Dawn character (because that would of actually made sense given the fact we just had a Radiant Dawn banner and GHB).  I guess Grima F!Robin is no longer the only colorless dragon, but it is kind of odd that the Mythic banner are basically just the Legendary banners now... hopefully we'll still get summoning tickets just like the other Mythic banner.

Now that my excitement has died down just enough to type longer sentences and I've seen who else is on the banner, I'm pretty sure I'm just going to be pulling only colorless on this banner. I was worried that I'd have to split between two colors when Summer Linde returned, but sharing a color with Duma was the perfect coincidence. Though I might pull a few green to get another Elincia or two.

Anyways, I'm going to go back to gawking at him and his voice. I wish his dragon form were a bit more melty, but I'm more than content enough with everything else.

I'm also very happy that Mythic Heroes finally delivered on what many of us wished Legendary Heroes were: the in-universe legends of old, as opposed to the legends forged by the player over the course of each game.

3 minutes ago, Decerd said:

Because Duma's such a lame pick man. Give us someone like Naga or something.

The later the character is implemented, the more broken they will be.

Edited by Ice Dragon

FUCK YES.

Really glad to get confirmation that mythic heroes really are new characters rather than just more lord alts. I immediately sent in positive feedback about it, and I recommend others do the same.

Surprised by the element choice. Anima seems really bad without Astra in the game. Still, I want him. Planning on sticking to my plan of going for both colorless and blue, at least long enough to get a character from each.

The banner is almost exactly what I expected, but with Kliff instead of Quan, which is disappointing. I'd still be happy with Kliff but I want Quan.

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I'm fine with it being duma. 
but i give zero poops about AR. like. none. and is he offense (or defense) oriented? 

I'm glad gods/and actual mythic people are coming into the game (ashera, naga, mila, etc) and SoV being my favourite game coming in. WOOOOOO. but .... eh. 
though my biggest hope was me not wanting to dump a tonne of orbs, and so now i won't really, even though this means no summer linde for me :(

He's defense oriented. Light and Astra are offense, Dark and Anima are defense.

Defensive elements seem to have a lower impact, and Anima is paired with Astra, which isn't released yet.

4 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

What? Heroes has been out for just under two years.

Gharnef took a while, but not two and a half years.

21 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Well, you only get to see Duma's human form by seeing the Prism Memory found in the post-game dungeon.

There are statues of him in human form you see as well.

23 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Well, they DID say that Mythic Heroes are god level enemies. Grima BETTER get a Mythic Hero variant then. 

Ye-no. On the one hand, Grima qualifies for a Mythic now, definitely. On the other hand, they already are in this game by a twist of fate. And since Robin = Grima, there is the chance we'd HAVE to get two, and the Robin gender doubling irks me! And can we get a single, genderless, Grima? Maybe the "Hierophant" before they drop their hood- the closest we could get to a Nega-Kiran? Unless Thabes holds an option I'm not aware of- does downsized The Creation Grima from there work? TC/SoV Grima is a perfectly reasonable alt to me from a lore perspective.

17 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

AMEN MY BROTHA IN THE BOOKS.

DON'T BE SAD, GET GLAD WITH WHAT THIS MEANS!

12 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I'll be honest, the moment I realised who it was (cause at first I was just like "who dat?"), my mind filled with so much excitement. Plus the other heroes are good, plenty of legendary heroes I still need to complete the collection AND Loki in addition.

Finally, something utterly amazing has finally come...

*Throws prayer beads at you in celebration*

Amen again!

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm also very happy that Mythic Heroes finally delivered on what many of us wished Legendary Heroes were: the in-universe legends of old, as opposed to the legends forged by the player over the course of each game.

Another who agrees, happy am I!

I'm not disappointed with Duma at all, albeit that is likely because of my own Duma created in my pre-Accordion fanfict history. Who probably aligns little with the actual Duma.

Now I must begin saving Orbs for future Mythics. I need/would like: Bramimond, Athos, Durban, Elimine, Altina, Soane, Dheginsea, Lehran, Ashera, Yune, Ashunera, Anri, Cartas, Iote, Ordwin, Shadow Dragon Medeus, Naga, Heim, Ced, Fjalar, Odr, Ulir, Neir, and Thurd.

How many Orbs should this take?

@Othin I offer my commendations to thee as well thy brethren!

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Othin said:

What? Heroes has been out for just under two years.

Gharnef took a while, but not two and a half years.

Derp, I'm an idiot. Somehow I thought we were approaching the third anniversary.

I am unable to math.