Tempest Trial+: To Defy the Gods (DATAMINE)

Cav emblem for the first team it is, but I need to see who I have that will work well with S!Catria and is not maxed out on HM.  I must be one of the weird ones that actually like Loki's art here, must be my inner goth coming out again.  I love TT+ so I don't mind the bonus units since I sometimes need reasons to use the TT units.  TT and FB are my main HM grinding places since I don't really like grinding in RD that much.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crap being low on feathers. (I need to +10 my Soleil) or I'd give Loki a brave bow and be done with it. 
it looks like they nerfed both her speed and atk to give her better defense? (but merges will neutralise it and make her better than my only Summer takumi. 

Team one will be Catria (the only bunny i have), Elise (forhealing, as Ethlyn is maxed out), someone and someone

Team two can be some form of fly squad to really give Loki some buffs. 
Flier formation....this is interesting.  (It makes me wonder if Guidance/Flier Guidance will be on TT units soon enough)i've removed it on Elincia (and i DO miss it) but it is situational i will admit. I think i can easily +10 Loki then without having any issues of "OMG i ate 11 Flier Formations OOH NOOO!!"

Ooh, I can run a whole team full of bunnies! I actually did get Bunny Palla! And I have Bunny Catria and the Askr bunnies. Balanced team too since there's one red, one blue, and two greens. ^^

And if I need to, once I get the 5 star Bunny Loki, I can swap one of the Askr bunnies for her.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't have any of the new units from my first summoning session, so I'll just be building a team around Spring Catria. Perhaps something like Hrid, Gunnthra, and Brave Veronica as teammates.

I might try switching to a team with Loki in it later, but that requires me to not be lazy, and I have a track record of just using the same team the whole way through an event because of lazy.

Don't have any of the bonus units so 4* Loki will have to do until I get the 5* version.

Not sure how well it's going to serve me but I'll be running a full colorless flier team of LH!Robin, RR!Loki, HS!Camilla, and HS!Sakura. If they allowed 5 unit slots, Leanne would round out the set perfectly for the colorless weapon type.

3 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

Is this Loki good at fulfilling any particular role, I never built a flier team, and I can’t tell how good/bad she is.

She is a good unit. She works pretty well with a Brave Bow, and Loki's mixed Def/Res makes her a good Guard Bow user.

30 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

Is this Loki good at fulfilling any particular role, I never built a flier team, and I can’t tell how good/bad she is.

She is a nuke, so she should either run Brave Bow or Firesweep Bow. Like Clarisse and FH!Takumi, her offensive stat distribution is not that great since her Atk is low and she does not have access to Assets and Flaws, but being a flier helps relieves it somewhat since she has access to Hone Fliers buff. While her Atk is a bit low, her biggest asset is her mobility, so I would still rank her as the third best archer in the game after ASS!Takumi and WOF!Hinoka.

Brave Bow is better for PvE content where Distant Counter is not very common.
Brave Bow
Reposition
Luna
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
Atk/Spd — Darting Blow — (Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)

Firesweep Bow is better for Arena and Arena Assault to shut down Distant Counter.
Firesweep Bow
Reposition
(Any Special)
Life and Death
Poison Strike — (Any B)
(Any C)
Poison Strike — (Any Sacred Seal)

For building a Player Phase flier team, it is no different from building a regular Player Phase team: you want 1-2 Brave or Firesweep archers, 1-2 Blade mages, and 1-2 Dancers/Singers.

@Nanima @Mau

Spoiler

Yeah, I'm in the same position. You could take the 4* level 1 and dispose of them on the first map each time so that they don't accumulate any HM. This would let IS know you don't like the unit enough to avoid using them even in TT. You'll only have three units to complete the remaining maps, but you'd still get the full bonus points. The other option is just to play many more maps which might be faster if you have a really good auto-battle team.

24 minutes ago, Tree said:

This would let IS know you don't like the unit enough to avoid using them even in TT.

I don't think anyone in a decision-making position is going to bother looking at a report of "players that got the Tempest Trials bonus multiplier, but have zero Hero Merit on all of their bonus units" to determine whether or not people like Spring Loki.

Doing something like this is pretty much the equivalent of being a ghost with no ability to interact with physical objects trying to haunt a person with no ability to perceive ghosts, in other words, "kind of pathetic".

Edited by Ice Dragon

28 minutes ago, Tree said:

Hide contents

Yeah, I'm in the same position. You could take the 4* level 1 and dispose of them on the first map each time so that they don't accumulate any HM. This would let IS know you don't like the unit enough to avoid using them even in TT. You'll only have three units to complete the remaining maps, but you'd still get the full bonus points. The other option is just to play many more maps which might be faster if you have a really good auto-battle team.

I can't believe you wrote this with a straight face. You must be joking.

Well since I just pulled Bruno my first team is looking to be: S!Catria, Hrid, Gunther(my only green cav without maxed HM) and Bruno.

41 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I can't believe you wrote this with a straight face. You must be joking.

Yeah, that made even me and my distaste for all of the FEH OCs pause and mentally face palm. Wow.

Here's a novel idea for those seriously thinking of doing that: just suck it up for the duration of the TT+ and actually use Loki. Once you're done or pull a bonus unit you don't detest, then do what you will with her. I wasn't particularly happy with having to use Eir as my bonus unit in one of the earlier TT+s this year, but I actually did use her and got things done all the same. It really isn't that hard.

Hellooo... is that a spd/res bond seal I spy in the datamined rewards?

Just in time for me to get enough dragonflowers to get Valentine Ike to 54 atk naturally with summoner support, so that it's the same atk as the rest of his team and he can enjoy Winter Eirika's buffs simultaneously with his teammates, all without needing to waste his seal slot on atk/spd +1?

Well I know what I'm slapping on him. Well, either that or the armorslayer shield.

Don't really understand why anyone would care that much about how others play the game? :unsure: People artificially increase the difficultly in ways that I think are strange. I know one person that played through TTs to very high rankings manually. I thought that was kind of crazy, but didn't fell compelled to tell them. (Well, I guess I kind of did now. Oops. :D:)

Anyway, it's still much better than old TTs that were 100,000 points and only provided a (potentially mediocre) 20% unit at best (after 6,000 points).

As for IS, I'm sure they don't really care about HM. But they might query the results someday and laugh at the ten people that have 0 HM TT units. :D:

4 minutes ago, Tree said:

Don't really understand why anyone would care that much about how others play the game?

Because poking the game manually to get a high score actually achieves the intended goal of getting a high score whereas killing off a character on the first map of each run to make sure they get zero HM does not achieve the intended goal of telling IS you don't like the character.

The only non-Loki bonus spring bunny I have is Spring Alfonse, who already has 5000 HM. So unless I pull one of the new ones, guess I'm stuck with Loki.

Also, HP/spd seal. I've been waiting for that for a long time.

Edited by Sunwoo

8 minutes ago, Tree said:

Don't really understand why anyone would care that much about how others play the game?

People try different thing to challenge themselves... You are only killing the bonus unit in the first map because you don't like that unit, and think IntSys will notice it.

Nice, Spring Catria's a bonus, I'll use her, probably the Delthea I just pulled, and...some other units who need SP~ Spring Sharena and Alfonse would be cool but I don't see myself pulling for them when the TT Banner starts~

Debating on using Spring Palla~ Maybe if she doesn't cap on HM before the TT starts~

Loki's Skills are disappointing, as I don't use fliers~ So I guess I'll give her bow to Jeorge~

The Seals are alright~ Would have preferred Steady Stance to Warding Stance but I suppose that means Steady will be next~ Spd/Res Bond is fine, not my favorite but can't complain about some free Spd~

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Because poking the game manually to get a high score actually achieves the intended goal of getting a high score whereas killing off a character on the first map of each run to make sure they get zero HM does not achieve the intended goal of telling IS you don't like the character.

Obviously, most players either like or at least don't mind the character, so that's the feedback they will use. They are not going to consider HM over other more direct metrics. (Feather farming interfered with that too.) My personal reasons are that I don't want certain characters getting in the way in my Hero Merit list since I use that to see who I want to use next. As long as they're near the bottom that's OK for me, but TT units tend to get a lot of HM. (Strangely enough, there was even a thread recently about 0 HM units.)

Sometimes people want to send messages outside of the feedback system (because they know it will be ignored anyway). I've seen a player spell out I$ in Aether Raids structures which is a terrible design choice for defense. I really doubt IS ever got that message either.