FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

Lysithea reminds me of a girl Ricken, especially about the part where she wants to be taken seriously despite her age. Her being one of the youngest students at 15 is interesting. Feel more like a high school. I'll be surprised that the likes of Hubert or Dudue are 17. 

Petra more and more feels like Athena 2.0. Both are foreigners in the main continent, sword users, tan-ish skin, and have accents. Something tells me I'm going to like her.

If the gap is supposed to be future promotions. I wonder would will the game make 4-5 different promotions different from each other? More overdesigned armor or a bikini armor? I don't really see how there can be 4 different versions of the same class without getting absurd.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sucks I'm one of the very few that's not sleeping on her which is what I feel (then again Annette got it much worse though) the last character in Black Eagles I'm really excited for from the beginning and still now!

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

15 years old? 2-3 years younger than the rest of the students? Short size? Silver hair? Attended a military academy? Guys, Lysithea is just Fie.

7 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

She got a real distinctive design but the kid prodigy who hates being called a kid and has a childish side gives me Hayato vibes. Could she be the newest adition to the "Ricken" type of character?

Hopefully she's not obsessed about it. The thing with Ricken and Hayato is that they hated being called a kid and they'd write like 10 page essays on why they aren't a kid. Hopefully in Lysithea's case, she hates being called a kid but doesn't get that upset over it.

42 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Website updated to include Lysithea. Her full name is Lysithea von Cordelia

Wait, "Von"? Isn't that an Adrestian linguistic convention?

2 minutes ago, Jandopo said:

Wait, "Von"? Isn't that an Adrestian linguistic convention?

Don’t forget both he Kingdom as well as the Alliance are former Empire territories so it’s normal that names have stayed like that especially in the case of nobles.

Lysithea seems weird to me. She has a crest that matches a Faerghus territory and her middle name von is typically Adrestian yet she is Golden Deer. Interesting

5 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

Uh, the "von" thing, von just means "of", it's old german to describe nobles in general, it's doesn't have to do with Adrestia per se. 

I think the reason people are pointing it out is because every noble character from Adrestia has von as a middle name while everyone other noble from Faerghus and Leicester has an actual middle name (like Dimitri with Alexandre and Hilda with Valentin), with Claude and Lysithea being exceptions (and also Mercedes, but she is originally from the empire).

1 minute ago, Azz said:

I think the reason people are pointing it out is because every noble character from Adrestia has von as a middle name while everyone other noble from Faerghus and Leicester has an actual middle name (like Dimitri with Alexandre and Hilda with Valentin), with Claude and Lysithea being exceptions (and also Mercedes, but she is originally from the empire).

Yeah, but you could also say Dimitri von Bladud, Hilda von Valentin, Claude von Riegan etc. 

Fun fact: Edelgards last name is Hraesvelgr, which is old Norsk for "corpse eater". 

36 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Japanese Lysithea: "I'm 2-3 years younger than everyone else"

Localized Lysithea: "I'm technically an adult, teacher"

Hahahaha. Omg. This cracked me up. Because I can totallllly see them doing that. Though at least she doesn't look 12-13 like Elise/Sakura, who they say "is an adult". LOL. 

But on the positive side everyone else being 17-18 is a nice change, cause it makes it sound like freshman year of college ages versus high school, which I'll take. And that makes me think some of the other ones are probably a little older around 19-21. 

54 minutes ago, Kiran_ said:

Hahahaha. Omg. This cracked me up. Because I can totallllly see them doing that. Though at least she doesn't look 12-13 like Elise/Sakura, who they say "is an adult". LOL. 

But on the positive side everyone else being 17-18 is a nice change, cause it makes it sound like freshman year of college ages versus high school, which I'll take. And that makes me think some of the other ones are probably a little older around 19-21. 

To be fully honest, I don't think we'll have to worry too much about them trying to pull the "technically an adult" thing this time.

I think the reason why they did that in Fates was due to the implication that the females actually do go through the entire pregnancy process during the story, as opposed to Awakening where that wasn't the case aside from Lucina. I don't blame them for feeling they had to do something with Elise to avoid very weird implications.

As long as we don't have to deal with that, I think Lysthea's age won't be much of an issue.

3 hours ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Lysithea being like Lute has caught my intrigue hopefully she's good as their putting her out to be!

If she's like Lute, then that means we'll get the sequel to Lute memes and i'd totally be ok with that.

8 hours ago, Azz said:

Lysithea seems weird to me. She has a crest that matches a Faerghus territory and her middle name von is typically Adrestian yet she is Golden Deer. Interesting

Considering the Lecster Alliance was founded on former Adrestrian territory, i wonder if the countries of Fodlan have shifted over time, which explains the ancestry of some characters like Lysithea.

The whole Lysithea having the Crest of Charon which in Faerghus thing can be explained pretty easily:

The Crest of Charon is from Lysithea's mother's side; who is a noble from Charon in Faerghus; and married into the Cordelia family of Leicester; thus their children bear the surname Cordelia, while bearing the Crest of Charon, and living in Cordelia, which is actually in Leicester.

8 hours ago, MetalAmethyst said:

Who's betting that one of the new teachers will be getting a bio tomorrow?

Looks like a no here makes sense since they didn't get profiles like the other 2 yet probably by E3 time when famitsu drops another Three Houses article whether during or after that week.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

4 hours ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Looks like a no here makes sense since they didn't get profiles like the other 2 yet probably by E3 time when famitsu drops another Three Houses article whether during or after that week.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I was kind of hoping for one of them to get a bio before then.