FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

Hoping Setes gets introduced, he has a cool design and I'm curious about his role.

I also wonder if Anna will have a significant enough role to get an introduction. I'm hoping she's just a shopkeeper/helper this time around, but it'd still be nice for her to get a bio.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually hated his design at first and openly laughed when I saw him in the February direct. But now it has really grown on me and I do want to know more about him. 

17 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Since Petra is from Brigid I wonder if the Houses will have foreign students as well

Dedue is from Daska, which isn't a place in Fodlan, so there's him.

3 minutes ago, Marros said:

Dedue is from Daska, which isn't a place in Fodlan, so there's him.

Daska is Northwest of the capital of Faerghus; Blaidydd; which means it's most likely still in Faerghus.

Just now, Owain Dark said:

It's rumored that Claude is from Almyra

More specifically:

Spoiler

Claude's mother is the daughter of the leader of House Regan and his father is the Prince(I think) of Almyra.

2 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Daska is Northwest of the capital of Faerghus; Blaidydd; which means it's most likely still in Faerghus.

More specifically:

Hide contents

Claude's mother is the daughter of the leader of House Regan and his father is the Prince(I think) of Almyra.

Yeah, thanks for noting that. 

I hope we have some outside of the church characters too and not just the students

1 hour ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I dunno, there's pretty much only the sea up there... but also a piece of unnamed land on the wider map. It could make sense.

3 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

More specifically:

Hide contents

That would explain his skin color. It also implies Almyra is vaguely Arabian themed.

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

That would explain his skin color. It also implies Almyra is vaguely Arabian themed.

Everyone else from Leicester seems to be white so it's a decent way of explaining why we get a Lord with a different skin tone in the setting of white folks we've got. That could imply we meet and even recruit some Almyrans later on, diversity ftw.

44 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Everyone else from Leicester seems to be white so it's a decent way of explaining why we get a Lord with a different skin tone in the setting of white folks we've got. That could imply we meet and even recruit some Almyrans later on, diversity ftw.

Yeah, it was weird seeing that all the other students in Claude's house are inexplicably white, but if he's mixed race it makes sense. I'm still happy to see more race diversity in general in this cast (Petra and Dedue also have dark skin), but I'd love if Almyra had a significant part in the story. I think FE could do really cool things with African, Latin American, and Middle Eastern inspired countries being the focus of a game like Hoshido was, and hope they try in the future.

46 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Yeah, it was weird seeing that all the other students in Claude's house are inexplicably white, but if he's mixed race it makes sense. I'm still happy to see more race diversity in general in this cast (Petra and Dedue also have dark skin), but I'd love if Almyra had a significant part in the story. I think FE could do really cool things with African, Latin American, and Middle Eastern inspired countries being the focus of a game like Hoshido was, and hope they try in the future.

Spanish or Portuguese countries in Europe, sure. But, Latin America would be a bit of a stretch.

1 hour ago, MetalAmethyst said:

Spanish or Portuguese countries in Europe, sure. But, Latin America would be a bit of a stretch.

Not to mention most of the Latin American Key Culture Beats (that are not shared by the Iberic Nations or Pre-Hispanic Cultures, which the latter would bring a completely different feel for the Medieval context) are way too modern for the usual Fire Emblem timeframe.

That said, I'll find it fitting if what little we see of Almyra resembled a Middle Eastern or Saharan Culture because it'd go well with the fact I seem to get a Mediterranean Feel out of how the Leicester Alliance has been presented so far: I wouldn't be surprised the Alliance interacted with Almyra in the same way the Venetian Republic + the League of Italian Duchies dealt with the Ottoman Empire or the way things went in the Iberic Peninsula before the Reconquista...

Anyways, I have to apologize for the late reaction but I'm currently having trouble taking the goofy smile off my face after learning Petra (who has been shown so far as a very Myrmidon-looking Noble and as a Model for the Sword & Bow favoring Thief Class) is now hinted to come from Brigid...

4 hours ago, MetalAmethyst said:

I was thinking pre-hispanic Latin American cultures, to be precise. I think they could fit in well with the typical FE worlds.

So i dont know where to put this exactly, so i just drop this here:hanneman3.jpg

As you can see Byleth's stroll gage has 2 uses left, while it seams to had 3.

Her professor Level is at D( which is just Lv3), so by rank D she can already take 3 actions with her stroll gage.

So i dont think this whole "gage" thing  going to be SUPER limited. Maybe just at first.

Edited by User name

3 minutes ago, User name said:

So i dont know where to put this exactly, so i just drop this here:hanneman3.jpg

Her professor Level is at D( which is just Lv3), so by rank D she can already take 3 actions with her stroll gage.

So i dont think this whole "gage" thing  going to be SUPER limited. Maybe just at first.

That’s a relief. Hopefully the stroll gauge will not get in the way too much. I would hate to miss out on too many character interactions.

2 hours ago, User name said:

yeah by the time you max it out the limit will likely be very non-existent.

The fact that Byleth's professor rank remains D during the eighth month (fourth from the start?), combined with the doubling of weapon ranks and the seemingly enormous stat caps, cements to me that this game is going to be lengthy

16 minutes ago, Disclaimer said:

The fact that Byleth's professor rank remains D during the eighth month (fourth from the start?), combined with the doubling of weapon ranks and the seemingly enormous stat caps, cements to me that this game is going to be lengthy

Well, I love a lengthy FE game ^_^ 

Hopefully FE16 would break FE10's record and have over 43 chapters in it's main story lol. 

3 minutes ago, Rose482 said:

Well, I love a lengthy FE game ^_^ 

Hopefully FE16 would break FE10's record and have over 43 chapters in it's main story lol. 

Although this game does seem lengthy, I wouldn't corrilate it directly to main story length... yet. We know that the "case study" maps are supposed to be the major events in every month, but the venture gauge maps can be done once a week (I think). Considering there are 52 weeks in a year, this game could be exceptionally long in terms of maps without having a crazy number of "main story" maps.

If the wording of the article is anything to go by, this game has a lot of replay value as the paths are indeed different, just that certain events are set in stone, but that has probably more to do with the antagonists' plannings before you come into play.

Worth mentioning what the leaks have to say. Warning spoilers

Spoiler
Spoiler

4 paths with Edelgard having 2, but one branches from the other at a certain point.

You have been warned

If each path doesn't converge this game will be absolutely massive; with each unique path by picking a house having this much content, and the other routes can be played after, we know for sure this is a big game.