New Heroes Arrive! Dark Burdens (May 8th)

Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, holy shit Ashnard! That is some badass art there. Senri Kita I think? I wouldn't be surprised, she is my favorite artist.

According to the datamine, it’s Daisuke Izuka, of Shadow Dragon fame! He drew Fallen Hardin previously too.

I normally am not a huge fan of their art personally, but their more recent efforts for Heroes have been stellar. 

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

According to the datamine, it’s Daisuke Izuka, of Shadow Dragon fame! He drew Fallen Hardin previously too.

I normally am not a huge fan of their art personally, but their more recent efforts for Heroes have been stellar. 

Oh, wow. I'm surprised. I wasn't that big a fan of Izuka's Heroes art either. But he did an amazing job this time.

Edited by Anacybele

So, for Ashnard's skills he has...

Spoiler

Dragon Fang, Distant Defense 3 and Even Attack Wave. Not really the best skills for fodder and considering what his prf weapon Gurgurant does (+3 Defense + Iotes Shield + Lull Atk/Def within 2 spaces) I might just be better off keeping all three copies of him and build him up someday.

Ashnard looks badass. He's a red melee so I don't think I'm building him anytime soon but I'll keep him around. 

So about the stats:

Spoiler

qu3xbeo2p8x41.png

Corrin has a superboon in Hp/Atk and a superbane in Res.

Lyon has superbanes in Hp/Atk/Spd. 

Julia has Hp/Def superbanes and Atk/Spd/Res superboons.

Ike has a superboon in Spd and a superbane in Hp.

Ashnard has an irrelevant Res superbane.

Spoiler

So... 

Corrin is pretty disgusting. Luckily his stat spread means OG!Julia/Deirdre will easily dispose of him so no worries there.

Lyon is as min maxed as you can get with mage BST. He's godly against ranged but pretty trashy against melee. Still top tier because people really love to abuse ranged units in PvP. 

A +10 +5 DF +Spd F!Julia reaches 35 Spd before buffs, not good but it is workable I guess. Not like it matters when one should be going full nuke with her. Even with all the Atk reduction her Def is still pretty trash at 25 so one should not have too much trouble ORKOing her in PP.

Ike...is pretty disgusting. His Atk isn't all that high, but he makes up for it with that godly Spd. And he's immune to Panic and if he gets hit with a Chill that'll spell your doom. At least his Hp/Res aren't very high so a strong blue mage like L!Julia/F!Delthea/Mae should be more than enough to OHKO him...or that's what I'd like to say if it weren't for Repel rendering that stuff moot. I think Reinhardt can get rid of him due to muh Brave tome, but I'm not completely sure. 

Ashnard is pretty great too, as one would expect from a Fallen hero. None of the GHB has been bad (F!Takumi still has his Skadi niche, even if it is worse than Aversa's NIght on average that 10 dmg can still come in handy for stuff like Armored boots). 

Very strong banner overall, I'm sick of L!Chrom and I really want that Julia so Red and Green it is!

I found stats. Not the typical datamine images I'm used to seeing, but yeah.

Spoiler

yanqvzwq49x41.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

Jesus Christ, Ike's become the Flash. lol That freakin' speed! The medallion must boost that stat more than anything, I guess. XD

14 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Ironically, Ike has the lowest strength stat of all these guys lol

lol yeah, though it's not really that unusual given that his fellow fallen peeps here are two villain-possessed super mages, a big dragon who is struggling to contain his full power, and a medallion-empowered mad king that's also got Ashera's blessing.

4 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I have no idea who Ashnard is but Izuka's art of him is so godly, I may build him up~

He's the main antagonist and final boss of Path of Radiance. On Hard Mode / Maniac Mode, he touches Lehran's Medallion (the same thing that caused Ike to go berserk in his Fallen form) to soup himself up for a second phase and assumes the form we see here.

5 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I have no idea who Ashnard is but Izuka's art of him is so godly, I may build him up~

He's the main antagonist of Ike's first game, Path of Radiance. He throws the continent of Tellius into war in hopes of unleashing the "dark god" from Lehran's Medallion and believes that the strongest survive. He didn't care about background or lineage, he just wanted the strongest people and felt that the strong should rule while the weak are eliminated. Kind of like how laguz society is, actually, since they choose their rulers based on strength.

Edited by Anacybele

Holy moly that Ashnard art is AMAZING!

Stats reaction:

Spoiler

Oh man okay Ike is FAST! I want a +spd one, please. o_o

Also, Lyon is slow...but tanky. Neat; wasn't expecting that.

Ashnard is also slow but tanky, but not as slow nor tanky, I think. And he gets a free Iote's Shield in his weapon?! Heck yeah!

Julia is all attack and res.

Corrin is balanced, but that may not be a very good thing. Weak to magic, but not overly so. Still, he doesn't have any stats that really stand out.

I want Ike, Corrin, and Lyon. I think I'll just pull wheels this time, (maybe?) instead of sniping like I usually do. I'm happy about the free Ashnard, though! Probably going to build him. Glad I've been saving grails!

32 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

Damn Ike said he doesn't need QR anymore. I'm surprised he's faster than Larcei.

Unless he is a super tank and got tons of Spd stacking, he still needs Quick Riposte. The most threatening nukes such as SK!Alm and QOV!Celica in Aether Raids can hit 55 Spd and often higher, so you need DB!Ike to have Quick Riposte somewhere on his build so he can double and kill them. Without Quick Riposte, I do not think he will be able to kill them in one hit, and leaving them alive is just asking for a Dancer/Singer to refresh those enemy nukes and they will eliminate, or at least severely injure, DB!Ike on the second initiation.

Spoiler

Banner is overall pretty uninteresting. Ike and Male Corrin are good, but I'm frankly not interested in either of them. Melee tanks, despite being good, are a bit boring to use & Ike is in a very over-saturated class. Julia is strangely adorable, but her kit is really boring. Lyon is the only one I'd be interested in pulling in, but he seems a bit too specialized if I'm being honest.

Ashnard is OK. He's basically a red Altena with an arguably better weapon for support. 

I do love most of the art this time around. Male Corrin's specifically looks really good. He looks like he's actually gone insane. Its a step up from Fallen Female Corrin's art, which looked less scary and more like a Doujin cover (not that I'm complaining).

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:
Spoiler

A +10 +5 DF +Spd F!Julia reaches 35 Spd before buffs, not good but it is workable I guess. Not like it matters when one should be going full nuke with her. Even with all the Atk reduction her Def is still pretty trash at 25 so one should not have too much trouble ORKOing her in PP.

Spoilers

Spoiler

Since she got guaranteed doubles (unless the opponent has dragon effectiveness), she does not need a Spd stat anyways.

Spoiler

Hm... if my math is right, Ashnard at +10 merge would have a spread of 48/42/25/40/35. With his weapon he essentially has 5 more Atk, Def, and Res PLUS flier weakness nullification. Also +3 def, yay. Throw on +1 to each stat thanks to Dragonflowers. Put on a Sacred Seal to beef his defenses, let's say Def/Res Bond since that has the highest Def/Res payout for a SS. Distant Counter. Maybe Chill Atk? Get some defensive Flier buffs.

Hm... and this guy is completely free, eh?

Edited by Xenomata

36 minutes ago, XRay said:

Spoilers

Hide contents

Since she got guaranteed doubles (unless the opponent has dragon effectiveness), she does not need a Spd stat anyways.

Spoiler

Oh yeah, I forgot about that part of her weapon. I guess going full Spd could work if someone is mad enough to try and go toe to toe with Mareeta and her NFU+Repel combo with Spd stacking, but that's about it and it would be a huge waste of time/resources just to flex 1super rare  matchup. 

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Unless he is a super tank and got tons of Spd stacking, he still needs Quick Riposte. The most threatening nukes such as SK!Alm and QOV!Celica in Aether Raids can hit 55 Spd and often higher, so you need DB!Ike to have Quick Riposte somewhere on his build so he can double and kill them. Without Quick Riposte, I do not think he will be able to kill them in one hit, and leaving them alive is just asking for a Dancer/Singer to refresh those enemy nukes and they will eliminate, or at least severely injure, DB!Ike on the second initiation.

A neutral IV Ike with no merges can reach 60 spd with Darting Breath, Darting Stance in the seal, a +6 buff, and summoner support. It can be increased to 69 with a boon to SPD, mergers and feathers. It gets even higher when debuffed. He can definitely double SK!Alm and ones shots Celica regardless.

The real issue is impact skills. He needs QR to guarantee a double in those situations.

EDIT: Also most SK!Alm have NFU, so he is not going to double him anyways unless he outspeeds.

Edited by BigBandit