• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Okay, I will beat Slayde and Desaix for next time. That Dracoshield will be mine! Though some grinding might be in order for that... which will also be for next time.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Mieu?
I kinda liked him. His voice was... was something, but he was otherwise fine. Not too bad, but not too great, either.

Yeah, that's him. I think he suffers from the same problem of "they tried to make him sound too cute" but he was more annoying about it iirc.

I'm of the opinion that just because it's a cute, cuddly mascot doesn't mean it needs to sound like one, especially if it's gonna be speaking in full sentences. 

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

As for his personality, well... he was alright? Once Poppi entered the picture and got her development, he kinda fizzled out and became background noise for the most part, except for one or two throwaway jokes (like when he tried to teach Pyra how to be "moe", to which Nia reacted with "f*** this, I'm out". XD)

Poppi definitly overshadows him as the game goes though i appreciate he wasn't forgotten by the game.

I forgot to mention this but yesterday i watched The Good, The Bad and the Ugly for the first time. Good movie. Felt like it kinda dragged a bit at times and Angel Eyes has significantly less screentime compared to the other two, making a more accurate name to this movie be The Good and The Ugly with a little bit of The Bad. Also the scene where Tuco is running around literally looking for the grave almost made me dizzy. But yeah those are my only issues with the movie.

I also finally learned where this song comes from

I've heard this song in YouTube videos years ago (i can't remember which channel though) and i never knew what it was called or where it came from. But when i heard this song playing in the movie, i instantly knew what it was.

In my family, only my grandpa would occasionally drink beer when I was younger (and even then, it was only a glass a week, if that). Everybody else has always been on a "no alcohol ever" train.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I'm of the opinion that just because it's a cute, cuddly mascot doesn't mean it needs to sound like one, especially if it's gonna be speaking in full sentences. 

Yeah, agreed.
If you have a cute cuddly mascot that speaks in a cutesy way, you run the risk of derailing serious moments without meaning to, and taking the player out of the story.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Poppi definitly overshadows him as the game goes though i appreciate he wasn't forgotten by the game.

Not sidelining the other playable characters is one thing Berseria does really well, too.

Just now, Strullemia said:

Yup, good idea. There’s enough BS in the world.

How about some Lysithea posting.

This is my Lysithea 

https://imgur.com/a/S6i2wWu

Obviously grinded. I’m at Verdand Wind chapter 18.

That is one strong Lysi.
And one strong Game Over for every enemy in the game from now on.
My last Lysithea, trained normally, was nothing compared to that
For reference:
HFpdpqo.jpg

I'm still crying over that 24 Speed. But 44 Magic was nice, I guess.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I forgot to mention this but yesterday i watched The Good, The Bad and the Ugly for the first time. Good movie. Felt like it kinda dragged a bit at times and Angel Eyes has significantly less screentime compared to the other two, making a more accurate name to this movie be The Good and The Ugly with a little bit of The Bad. Also the scene where Tuco is running around literally looking for the grave almost made me dizzy. But yeah those are my only issues with the movie.

I also finally learned where this song comes from

I've heard this song in YouTube videos years ago (i can't remember which channel though) and i never knew what it was called or where it came from. But when i heard this song playing in the movie, i instantly knew what it was.

You need to watch the rest of the Dollars trilogy.

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Oh hi twilitfalchion. Actually I haven’t had anything to drink since last night.

I stand corrected then. Congrats on your sobriety. For the moment anyway.

17 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Not sidelining the other playable characters is one thing Berseria does really well, too.

Excellent. Character irrelevancy syndrome is something that plauges the JRPG genre imo. So many of them tend to sideline some party members, even without meaning to. How much they are sidelined varies but it's probably my biggest problem with the genre. Though i can't say it's only a JRPG thing, this happens across lots of other genres and mediums too.

13 minutes ago, Wraith said:

You need to watch the rest of the Dollars trilogy.

I plan on it eventually. Don't know when but i'll probably watch the other two before the year's end. 

18 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

hmmm

i wam wondering if i should do a 3x3 of my fav. ships

I'm interested.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Excellent. Character irrelevancy syndrome is something that plauges the JRPG genre imo. So many of them tend to sideline some party members, even without meaning to. How much they are sidelined varies but it's probably my biggest problem with the genre. Though i can't say it's only a JRPG thing, this happens across lots of other genres and mediums too.

True.
Some writers don't seem to know what to do with their characters once their arc is completed and just have them be tagalongs. The more interesting a character was, the sadder I get when this happens.

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That is one strong Lysi.

And one strong Game Over for every enemy in the game from now on.
My last Lysithea, trained normally, was nothing compared to that
For reference:
HFpdpqo.jpg

I'm still crying over that 24 Speed. But 44 Magic was nice, I guess.

OOF

That Speed is low. I guess it might be because of the Dark Knight bases and growths? 

Yup, she kills everyone. I gave her the Challice of beginnings so that she can counter everyone and even with broken training weapons she critis everyone. At Gronder she doubled Dimitri with a Training Axe+ and he only survived with 3 HP and he only had 29 hit on her. She's hillariously OP.

7 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

OOF

That Speed is low. I guess it might be because of the Dark Knight bases and growths? 

She didn't get any Speed in general, if memory serves. My Lysitheas tended to be screwed on that front in general.
That playthrough, I wanted to try her out as a Dark Knight because of that. I thought "If she doesn't get any Speed anyhow, why bother?"

7 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

Yup, she kills everyone. I gave her the Challice of beginnings so that she can counter everyone and even with broken training weapons she critis everyone. At Gronder she doubled Dimitri with a Training Axe+ and he only survived with 3 HP and he only had 29 hit on her. She's hillariously OP.

Oh my!

Edited by DragonFlames

I've watched LPs of the first two Donkey Kong County games in the past few days, and I started watching one of the third, no relation to the NSO announcement. Why? I played a level or two of the second as a child, and assuming they were old platformers out of my league, I decided to sate my curiosity through viewing flawless runs. 

They indeed appeared to be well made and tight- a modern version would need more checkpoints and HP to appease those of inferior abilities. The amount of bonus stages hidden away in every single level is beyond belief. DKC2 looked to me to be the better game, the result of a little refinement from the first. The most iconic DKC track I was shocked to learn is bonus stage music in the sequel, not title screen music or something else more readily prominent.

52 minutes ago, Armagon said:

340?cb=20120303222012

Taupy, a playable character from the thoroughly mediocre (and yet I beat it twice- what was wrong with me?) and betrays its titular premise DS JRPG Sands of Destruction. Looks like a cute teddy bear, but is a rugged bounty hunter with a voice of a grizzled veteran in their 50s to match.

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I plan on it eventually. Don't know when but i'll probably watch the other two before the year's end. 

Speaking of Spaghetti Westerns starring Clint Eastwood...

Okay, now begins the guessing game.
Going from right to left, top to bottom:
Shiro x Sakura - Fate
Steins;Gate
Kaguya-sama Love is War (isn't that the blond guy who sucked at volleyball in that one video you showed?)
Olivier x Schera - Trails
Estelle x Joshua - Trails
Another maybe Trails that I don't recognize
Spice & Wolf, apparently
Byleth x Lysi - Fire Emblem Three Houses (and I approve immensely)
And that last one looks kinda like Shirou x Rin, but I'm not sure it's them or just folks that look similar.

How many did I get right, @Shrimperor?

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Okay, now begins the guessing game.
Going from right to left, top to bottom:
Shiro x Sakura - Fate
Steins;Gate
Kaguya-sama Love is War (isn't that the blond guy who sucked at volleyball in that one video you showed?)
Olivier x Schera - Trails
Estelle x Joshua - Trails
Another maybe Trails that I don't recognize
Spice & Wolf, apparently
Byleth x Lysi - Fire Emblem Three Houses (and I approve immensely)
And that last one looks kinda like Shirou x Rin, but I'm not sure it's them or just folks that look similar.

How many did I get right, @Shrimperor?

almost all of them xD

the one Trails you didn't get is Kevin/Ries XD (and some might argue this is even non-romantic hehe)

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

TightUnknownJay-size_restricted.gif

Both you and @Shrimperor

Thank you! You as well!

Just now, Shrimperor said:

almost all of them xD

the one Trails you didn't get is Kevin/Ries XD (and some might argue this is even non-romantic hehe)

tenor.gif

No wonder I didn't recognize these two. Poor Kevin's the guy Falcom forgot about, isn't he? XD
So that last one really IS Rin x Shirou, then? Interesting! I approve once more. I liked their interactions in UBW a lot.