Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Just save and reload until it happens.

Oh, so you can save scum it?
Interesting!

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What i do is i go to the Autumn Field and just plant leeks everywhere. Takes a while to grow but they sell. An Autumn Field's worth of leeks brings in a lot of money.

Where do I find this field? Or is this for later in the game? Or is it just the regular field, but during Autumn season?
I found one field outside of town already (on the westernmost side of the map I can go to), but I haven't planted any crops there, because I use it as my main source of wood and rocks that constantly spawn there.

• Replies 180.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Julian Teehee said:

Actually I owned an Etrian Odyssey gamel, but only for a very short time which was IV for 3DS. It was my very first JRPG which wasn't Fire Emblem, even before I joined this forum. I remember making a map or something. I remember I got wrecked by the first boss and then I lent it to a friend of mine who I never saw again after this, but this is a different story. What I tried to say I'm a bit familar with its gameplay. Though I don't know if this series would be something for me with my lack on frustration resistance unless a very beginnerfriendly game exists.

The Etrian Odyssey Untold games added an Easy mode that is very much what it says. If you want to give the series a shot again, but don't want it to be too hard (because IV is an exercise in frustration, let me tell you, and that's not just because the game itself is difficult) you can play on that difficulty. The Untold games also have a story mode with pre-made characters.

2 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Doesn't look really hot for Etrian Odyssey Untold's availibility...

Neither available on Amazon nor on Gamestop.

The sequel is offered on Amazon though.

Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 is even better than the first game, in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

I made a deal:

6Jf2Hj9.png?1

... A first-party Nintendo game not at full price?
What kind of sorcery is this?!?

Seriously though, this is a steal! Congrats!

Edited by DragonFlames

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 is even better than the first game, in my opinion.

... A first-party Nintendo game not at full price?
What kind of sorcery is this?!?

Seriously though, this is a steal! Congrats!

I rebought a new copy of Conquest for 20 € at Gamestop, but paying for a videogame less for a lunch is kinda "disgusting" in a positive way.

I should be hurry because Amazon says only one more copy of EOU2 is available.

However the reviews tell me that 1 seems to be better.

Edited by Julian Teehee

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh, so you can save scum it?
Interesting!

Yeah. It's not pre-determined iirc. But if it is, save the night before and save scum from there.

16 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Where do I find this field? Or is this for later in the game? Or is it just the regular field, but during Autumn season?

Later on, you'll go to the Autumn Road. Towards the south, you'll find the Autumn Field, where it's always autumn, making it a good place to always farm autumn crops, of which leeks are one of them.

4 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

I rebought a new copy of Conquest for 20 € at Gamestop, but paying for a videogame less for a lunch is kinda "disgusting" in a positive way.

True. XD

4 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

I should be hurry because Amazon says only one more copy of EOU2 is available.

However the reviews tell me that 1 seems to be better.

In my opinion, both games are fantastic in their own right, but I prefer 2.
You can't go wrong either way.

By the way, you don't need to have played Untold to understand Untold 2. Both games have self-contained stories, and I personally believe that both are good introductions into the series.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah. It's not pre-determined iirc. But if it is, save the night before and save scum from there.

Very nice!
Though whether or not I'll make use of it, I'll decide when I get there.
But thank you for telling me about it, regardless!

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Later on, you'll go to the Autumn Road. Towards the south, you'll find the Autumn Field, where it's always autumn, making it a good place to always farm autumn crops, of which leeks are one of them.

I see! Then I will be on the lookout for this! Thanks for the info!

Edited by DragonFlames

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

True. XD

In my opinion, both games are fantastic in their own right, but I prefer 2.
You can't go wrong either way.

By the way, you don't need to have played Untold to understand Untold 2. Both games have self-contained stories, and I personally believe that both are good introductions into the series.

I will try my luck on ebay since I consider 45 € a bit overpriced for a 3DS game, even if it might be rare game.

Saw it for the half price there.

Just now, Julian Teehee said:

I will try my luck on ebay since I consider 45 € a bit overpriced for a 3DS game, even if it might be rare game.

Oof!
Yeah, that's a bit much. Even on release, when I got it, it was cheaper than that (it was 39,99€ back then, iirc).

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

managed to recruit a Wooly (named Benice),

Because I got fleeced by Margaret?

Hey, nice! Thanks!

And speaking of which...

Spoiler

lJG0jua.png

GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THIS WAS OVER ONE HUNDRED APPLES AND TURNIPS!!

I WON'T GIVE UP! I WILL GET MORE! MOREEE! MOOOOOOORRREEEE!!!

Edited by Benice

40 minutes ago, Benice said:

GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THIS WAS OVER ONE HUNDRED APPLES AND TURNIPS!!

Btw, IIRC there is a limit to how much you can raise a character's LP in one day.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

(because IV is an exercise in frustration, let me tell you, and that's not just because the game itself is difficult)

As the game that introduced me to EO, I would disagree. But I really should replay EOIV first. The problem with that though is Only. 1. Save. File. :>_<:

I feel like I'd have to replay U2 with a more synergetic team too. My Classic run there was sooooo dysfunctional: Landy, Beast, War Magus, Survivalist, Sovereign, coincidentally a plain worse version of the Story team. And my misunderstanding of how chasers worked meant I had to revamp the Landy into a Axe user some ways into the game. Maybe a team of Dark Hunter and Hexer plus... I can't decide darn it! Palmchemist sounds fun but too risky. This said, I do give U2 points for what was the best overall set of stratums in terms of visual design. And HP bloat aside, the labyrinth puzzles I suppose were better than The Millennium Girl's.

50 minutes ago, Benice said:

Sounds like RF4 reallllllly messed up here. No prior game had chance-based dating.

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sounds like RF4 reallllllly messed up here. No prior game had chance-based dating.

Or, again, Benice could just be very unlucky.

While the characters do have a chance to reject the confession, it should not be at a very low chance, even with the bare minimum requirement. The chances are meant to be lower for every character you confess if you go harem route, but for the first confession he shouldn't have that much of a problem.

Now, you could say they dropped the ball instead tying the pre-marriage events to the random-chanced Town Event system.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

57 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

What is Rune Factory?

Always reading it, but no idea what it is.

A fantasy Harvest Moon. No literally, that's what it is.

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How was it before?

You know, at times like this I feel vindicated in my chosen choice of entertainment. I just finished Neuromancer and started The King of Elfland's Daughter by Lord Dunsany. It feels good reading stuff that is great and very original. 

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

How was it before?

The first two games have no dating.

• Frontier invented dating with an 8 LP requirement, the bachelorettes can't turn you down. You need to be on a date when you propose for the woman to accept it.
  • Rune Factory 3- Get to 7 LP, put the girl on your team, and bring her to one of the four scenic spots outside a dungeon. Thats it, she can't refuse.
  • Tides of Destiny requires dating for marriage like Frontier, and you can't start dating until 9 LP. If you're Aden, ask for a date at 10 LP, wait two weeks for the date to happen, get the ring, do another date and propose there. Sonia gets proposed to, so just pick the right dialogue choices and the guy can propose on the first date.

There is no last few LP slowdown, and I believe all three games permit dating multiple characters without any issues.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Now, you could say they dropped the ball instead tying the pre-marriage events to the random-chanced Town Event system.

Did they keep a quest system intact though? I thought those were sufficient in 2 & 3 for future wife characterization. 

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Did they keep a quest system intact though? I thought those were sufficient in 2 & 3 for future wife characterization. 

What do you mean by quest system? In that having to do specific things? That's down to the event pre-requisites... which, again, are in the random chance Town Event system.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

What do you mean by quest system? In that having to do specific things? That's down to the event pre-requisites... which, again, are in the random chance Town Event system.

As in the bulletin board with requests you could take up every day? 

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

That exists, but has little bearing, if at all, to the dating and marriage system. Outside doing requests for characters being a way to increase their friendship/love points.

@Julian Teehee to go more in depth into Rune Factory (I simplified before because I was in a rush) but basically, in addition to the farm sim aspect of Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons, there's more fantasy elements such as dungeons and combat. There's a deep crafting system though it's not as deep as Atelier's crafting.

The series as a whole is very slice of life and you can go at your own pace.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The first two games have no dating.

• Frontier invented dating with an 8 LP requirement, the bachelorettes can't turn you down. You need to be on a date when you propose for the woman to accept it.
  • Rune Factory 3- Get to 7 LP, put the girl on your team, and bring her to one of the four scenic spots outside a dungeon. Thats it, she can't refuse.
  • Tides of Destiny requires dating for marriage like Frontier, and you can't start dating until 9 LP. If you're Aden, ask for a date at 10 LP, wait two weeks for the date to happen, get the ring, do another date and propose there. Sonia gets proposed to, so just pick the right dialogue choices and the guy can propose on the first date.

There is no last few LP slowdown, and I believe all three games permit dating multiple characters without any issues.

I see. So whenever you wanted to date someone, is was pretty much garuanteed provided the requirements have been met. I hope they bring that back.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah that still exists but there's a limit as to how much requests you can complete each day. Not sure if that's a thing in previous games but it's kinda annoying.