• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

35 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Not to mention that Nolan isn't likely to get there in the first place without massive favoritism.

(I forgot to mention that I was referring to 13/13/1 Nolan, actually.)

Yep, but he's also one of the more likely ones to get there, which is why I mentioned him specifically.

Also, Congrats @twilitfalchion!

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ey, thanks. Probably one of the most challenging maps I've ever beaten in an FE game. So satisfying to complete though.

Nice, you'd really like ch.5 of Berwick then, it's a lot like this one and Elincia's gambit.

Just now, Benice said:

Nice, you'd really like ch.5 of Berwick then, it's a lot like this one and Elincia's gambit.

Really? Then I might be playing Berwick Saga sooner than I thought. Although the other games in my backlog come first.

23 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Really? Then I might be playing Berwick Saga sooner than I thought. Although the other games in my backlog come first.

Wh-What are my ears hearing?! YESS!

Yeah, chapter 5 of Berwick is very good, and very tricky, especially if you're inexperienced with the game's mechanics. (Not really jankiness, Berwick is just different from mainline FE.)

It's a bit like Elincia's gambit in that you're protecting a fort, although it's more about defending the fort rather than a specific tile-Really fun map, though.

Also, something else nice about Berwick is that the player gets really good items if you kill enough of your units off-For example, once four of your units die, you get an item that grants +18 to avoid, which is a ton for Berwick.

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Wh-What are my ears hearing?! YESS!

Hey. I said might. But yeah, I'm willing to give it a try at least.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yeah, chapter 5 of Berwick is very good, and very tricky, especially if you're inexperienced with the game's mechanics. (Not really jankiness, Berwick is just different from mainline FE.)

It's a bit like Elincia's gambit in that you're protecting a fort, although it's more about defending the fort rather than a specific tile-Really fun map, though.

Okay, sounds interesting.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

And that's hella alot of preps to do it. ''Leave Mercs weak and unequipped''. Talking about ''numbers and facts'' when you exactly did what i mentioned, blesses DB and weak/screwed mercs

Unequipping them doesnt work, they are set to have weapons even with nothing in their inventories.

I'm sure you knew that, but I thought I'd mention that you still have to fight it out with the risk of death, and alot of it.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

(I forgot to mention that I was referring to 13/13/1 Nolan, actually.)

Yep, but he's also one of the more likely ones to get there, which is why I mentioned him specifically.

This involves early promotion, which I tend to see as a bad idea outside of early FE games and SoV, and massive favoritism... yeah. Even then, I would imagine Nolan still is biting off much more than he can chew.

10 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Even then, I would imagine Nolan still is biting off much more than he can chew.

Yes. My point was just that there was enough time to activate a skill that a unit that's been invested into has a somewhat decent chance to do so, not so much that Nolan is a particularly good unit to do that.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yes. My point was just that there was enough time to activate a skill that a unit that's been invested into has a somewhat decent chance to do so, not so much that Nolan is a particularly good unit to do that.

And I don't see something that's only slightly higher than 1/10 as "a decent chance". It's foolishness, is what it is. Especially when whoever you're trying to have defeat Ike is most likely attracting enemies to them.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Just now, Shadow Mir said:

And I don't see something that's only slightly higher than 1/10 as "a decent chance". It's foolishness, is what it is.

Because it's still a chance with little risk if you raised people well-Laura also puts in a wallop with a purge, and a brave weapon means that you'll get at least ten attacks on Ike-with a 15% chance, this is a 60% chance to activate a skill-Not certain, but more likely than not. Plus the fact that, again, purge and other siege weapons can deal big damage to Ike, so you won't necessarily need that skill, and a skill such as resolve, while risky, can also put big damage on Ike.

28 minutes ago, Benice said:

Because it's still a chance with little risk if you raised people well-Laura also puts in a wallop with a purge, and a brave weapon means that you'll get at least ten attacks on Ike-with a 15% chance, this is a 60% chance to activate a skill-Not certain, but more likely than not. Plus the fact that, again, purge and other siege weapons can deal big damage to Ike, so you won't necessarily need that skill, and a skill such as resolve, while risky, can also put big damage on Ike.

:facepalm: "Little" risk?!? When I just said whoever you have try to defeat Ike will be drawing enemies that'll more than likely do away with them (after all, it's not like Ike is the only enemy there)?! That sounds more like too much investment for too unreliable a plan, from where I'm standing. I'm not saying it can't be done, but that it likely takes a lot of investment, and most likely an unreasonable amount of investment. By the way, siege weapons don't do anything to him - and that's ignoring that he's out of range of them for most of the chapter anyway (and the point where he IS in range is the point where I'd be best off having my units run like their lives depend on it. Because they do).

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Unequipping them doesnt work, they are set to have weapons even with nothing in their inventories.

I'm sure you knew that, but I thought I'd mention that you still have to fight it out with the risk of death, and alot of it.

I wasn't saying unequipping. All I was saying was end 3-11 with Ike equipped with something other than Ragnell, which of course I know you can't remove from his inventory, but you can make killing him slightly easier if he doesn't begin with that +5 Def in effect. The only other equipment matter was not giving an Archsage Soren a staff, which he won't have if you didn't give him one b/c he doesn't start in that class, all he'd get is a tome. The rest of the GMs don't matter for the situation I was referring to, going for a boss kill win on 3-13, because they show up only on the last turns, and you should've if you're going for a 3rd tier DB blitz, the battle should take only *checks my draft recording* 5 turns.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wasn't saying unequipping. All I was saying was end 3-11 with Ike equipped with something other than Ragnell, which of course I know you can't remove from his inventory, but you can make killing him slightly easier if he doesn't begin with that +5 Def in effect. The only other equipment matter was not giving an Archsage Soren a staff, which he won't have if you didn't give him one b/c he doesn't start in that class, all he'd get is a tome. The rest of the GMs don't matter for the situation I was referring to, going for a boss kill win on 3-13, because they show up only on the last turns, and you should've if you're going for a 3rd tier DB blitz, the battle should take only *checks my draft recording* 5 turns.

Oh I thought you meant killing all of the GM's!

Is this assuming Normal Mode? I had no idea the DB's could get that much exp to match up, although with Resolve and such I suppose it wouldnt matter too much.

7 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Little" risk?!? When I just said whoever you have try to defeat Ike will be drawing enemies that'll more than likely do away with them (after all, it's not like Ike is the only enemy there)?! That sounds more like too much investment for too unreliable a plan, from where I'm standing.

There are only def-hitting enemies there, though, so you don't need units with both def and res. Aran or Tauroneo both fare quite well at doing this, should they be trained, and it's not like you're taking everybody in the DB to endgame either way-Investing in Aran isn't necessarily a bad idea, as his def comes up clutch in all of 3-6, 3-12 and 3-13. Physic staves are also a viable option to keep 'em topped up to ensure they aren't stranded.

10 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

By the way, siege weapons don't do anything to him - and that's ignoring that he's out of range of them for most of the chapter anyway (and the point where he IS in range is the point where I'd be best off having my units run like their lives depend on it. Because they do).

Well, the average Lv. 20 Ike has 8 res-a level 20/1 Laura, (Not saying she should reach level 20 before promotion, but she should have a lot of levels,) will deal roughly 16 per turn against Ike-And Laura could very well have more depending on how much you used her/late she promoted. Ike has 50 HP at level 20, so it actually only takes 20/1 Laura 4 turns to K.O Ike. Combined with a physical attacker, Ike won't go down with too much trouble. Plus, on normal, the BEXP can be spread around a fair amount.

18 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

and the point where he IS in range is the point where I'd be best off having my units run like their lives depend on it. Because they do

Eh, there's not too many points to choke if you've got someone at the bottom-Unless I miscounted, 10 range is exactly enough to stay on the top ledge. The allied units, and your own forces can hold back the laguz for the time it takes to take out Ike.

5 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

After 5 turns, because he's just a punching bag until he transforms. And that's too damn long when I'm under pressure IMMEDIATELY.

You have access to olivi grass in the shop of 1-8 and by an enemy in 3-6.

Volug could even take a hit by a 16 AS tiger in hard mode untransformed.

It's a bit early yet for me, so I'll catch up the FE10 talk later.

Anyways good to see it made a comeback in the competition.

Edited by Julian Teehee

33 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Is this assuming Normal Mode? I had no idea the DB's could get that much exp to match up, although with Resolve and such I suppose it wouldnt matter too much.

*Checks*

Yes, Normal. And again, it was a draft wherein I had only selected Aran from the entire Dawn Brigade, so nobody but the Dawn Maiden and her Bellyshirt Boy got EXP. Looking through my draft record, Aran promoted at 1-7 Base after two levels of BEXP to top him off. After 1-F he sat at 20/6. I dumped all my BEXP on him at the start of 3-6, he got Paragon and then murdered enough Cats and Tigers to get to 20/20/2 at the end of that chapter, and then earned one more level during 3-12.

And here were the lines concerning the Ike kill:

"Between Ike, Soren, and the Beasts (even the Tigers he could consistently ORKO), Aran was dropped to less than 50% HP on the enemy phase of turn 4, triggering Resolve and thus he doubled Ike with a Short Spear. ThIs made it possible to finish him sans any critical or Impale strike, nor needing of dodging another Ike attack on Player Phase. This said, I turned on full combat animations for the final blow and Aran went ahead and made his second strike a glorious Impale, which he followed with a HP/Str/Skl/Lck/Def level up (maybe there was a Spd in there too). The only sad thing is that Ike has the generic battle music playing when fighting him- not even a generic boss battle theme!"

My Ike had capped HP/Str/Skl/Def and was at 29 Spd, he wasn't gimped for this (he couldn't be, I needed everyone I could use to grow well for the sake of turn counts).

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

You have access to olivi grass in the shop of 1-8 and by an enemy in 3-6.

Also Volug could even survive a 16 AS tiger untransformed.

Which is still too damn slow. Whoopee. Not to mention Volug's still a non-royal laguz that isn't Skrimir or a hawk, aka a loser.

Edited by Shadow Mir

It would be turn 3, exactly the turn when the enemy Laguz could reach the spot left and right of the central ledge, so perfect.

Volug with S strike and 24 AS can ORKO all the cats.

Volug with S+ strike can ORKO all the tigers iirc; have to check it out later.

Only issue is that more enemies could attack him in ememy phase, but earth support and resolve fix it.

Edited by Julian Teehee