Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

I take it this was a handheld only problem?

So far, yes. Although I'll probably try docked mode today today to see if it happens there as well.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

What i did have was that sometimes the controls would not match up with what i was doing. But this was limited to tiny spherical planetoids. I'm guessing it's because of how the gravity is programmed.

Ah, I can imagine that would be annoying. Idk, maybe I haven't played the games in so long that I need to get used to how it plays again.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

SLMRzEw.png

Decided to give the Ys/Trails crossover PSP game a try for the heck of it. There's a translation patch for it, although it mostly translates only the necessary text like dialogue and some menu options. I don't know how everything works, but it seems like you have the typical moves like attack, guard, dodge, etc. Special moves (or S--crafts in the case of Trails) seem to be mapped to the L button.

Too bad internet play isn't possible with PPSSPP (that I know of). It looks like this would be a fun multiplayer game.

EDIT: Apparently PPSSPP does have support for adhoc multiplayer. Although it looks very limited.

Edited by twilitfalchion

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Let me tell you, spinning with the press of a button is so much more convenient.

Indeed it is. Galaxy in 3D All-Stars mapping all spin actions to Y kinda improved the flow. I'm gonna have to get used to shaking the controls again once my Wii U arrives and I play Galaxy 2 (a game I haven't played since like 2012 when my Wii broke down). I could emulate but for a game like the Galaxy games, I'd rather play it on hardware that's optimized for it. Plus, The Perfect Run on PC (even with a proper controller) sounds like hell.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

By the way, for everyone interested in Ys: Ys Origin will get a Switch port on Friday. It's a worldwide release, too. 

I pre-ordered it like last week. For $15, I think it's a good deal (I'll probably finish Origin before Ys 7 lmao).

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

So far, yes. Although I'll probably try docked mode today today to see if it happens there as well.

Docked is the best way to play Galaxy anyway. It's like the one game in 3D All-Stars I refuse to play on handheld and I really feel bad for all the Switch Lite users who have no other choice.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Nice! XD
15 bucks seems like a really good deal. Did you preorder the physical or digital version?

Digital

3 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

What's the name of the Trails / Ys crossover?

I would like to get (it if it's offered).

Ys vs Trails. You'll have to emulate since it never left Japan.

1 minute ago, Julian Teehee said:

What's the name of the Trails / Ys crossover?

I would like to get (it if it's offered).

Ys vs. Sora no Kiseki: Alternative Saga

Ys_vs_Sora_no_Kiseki_Alternative_Saga_Bo

You'll have to find it online as it's a Japan exclusive release, but it can be easily patched and emulated in PPSSPP provided you have sufficient hardware for it.

Here's the link to the patch: https://www.romhacking.net/translations/2841/

Just now, Julian Teehee said:

Alright, thanks!

But why do I have to emulate?

PSP is not regionlocked.

Otherwise I wouldn't be able to play Zero and Ao.

The game runs a bit expensive to import. Although some used copies are in the $30-40 range. I don't know what that would be in your currency though or if import fees would be different.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

The game runs a bit expensive to import. Although some used copies are in the $30-40 range. I don't know what that would be in your currency though or if import fees would be different.

There's an offer of 15 €.

c9kHMUx.png?1

I can't run PS emulators on my PC anyways; at least PS2 and PSP.

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Indeed it is. Galaxy in 3D All-Stars mapping all spin actions to Y kinda improved the flow. I'm gonna have to get used to shaking the controls again once my Wii U arrives and I play Galaxy 2 (a game I haven't played since like 2012 when my Wii broke down). I could emulate but for a game like the Galaxy games, I'd rather play it on hardware that's optimized for it. Plus, The Perfect Run on PC (even with a proper controller) sounds like hell.

You're planning to do a perfect run of the game? As in. No deaths, that kinda thing? Good luck!

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

You're planning to do a perfect run of the game? As in. No deaths, that kinda thing? Good luck!

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

No, I think that's the last (and most difficult) level in Galaxy 1, called "The Perfect Run."

No, The Perfect Run is the ultimate final level in Galaxy 2. It's called The Perfect Run because you can only take one hit and there are no checkpoints.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No, The Perfect Run is the ultimate final level in Galaxy 2. It's called The Perfect Run because you can only take one hit and there are no checkpoints.

Ah, that's too bad! Either way, good luck!

As Galaxy is on topic, I really don't like the whole motion gimmick. As motion like that makes uncomfortable. But I enjoy watching it!

to clarify, things like elevators? Not only do I get sick riding them, I'm afraid to ride them because of that, lol. Losing my sense of equilibrium bothers me.

The game is amazing and its gimmicks are fine, that just gets to me, is all.

Edited by lightcosmo

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Here's what happened when I broke Hyrule Warriors DE: I was playing multiplayer, obviously, and then things went down.

The games coding literally broke, me thinks.

1c0e4f51ac5bb9d217db0c16438093e7.png 

@Interdimensional Observer I don't think this is supposed to happen... XD

Thats not void that Link is staring into, it's really thick fog. You should soon expect to hear psychotic laughing, followed by the possessed Skull Kid emerging and stealing Epona again.

Multiplayer must be the issue, HW is primarily a single-player game, and then you add in the hordes of enemies, and it's easy to see how something like that could happen. 

28 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

As Galaxy is on topic, I really don't like the whole motion gimmick. As motion like that makes uncomfortable. But I enjoy watching it!

to clarify, things like elevators? Not only do I get sick riding them, I'm afraid to ride them because of that, lol. Losing my sense of equilibrium bothers me.

Reminds me of this one bump (and it's not an intentional speed bump) in the road maybe a mile from where I live, I've lived here all my life, and I have NEVER gone over it without feeling it in my stomach. 

43 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thats not void that Link is staring into, it's really thick fog. You should soon expect to hear psychotic laughing, followed by the possessed Skull Kid emerging and stealing Epona again.

Multiplayer must be the issue, HW is primarily a single-player game, and then you add in the hordes of enemies, and it's easy to see how something like that could happen. 

Reminds me of this one bump (and it's not an intentional speed bump) in the road maybe a mile from where I live, I've lived here all my life, and I have NEVER gone over it without feeling it in my stomach. 

Why are the character portraits swapped? Also, the camera controls allowed me to spin the enemies around, which was strange. When enemies would hit me, my partner would take the damage, it was odd.

I have another instance of it happening as well! 

I can relate to that, for sure!

Edited by lightcosmo

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes. He may not look too remarkable, but he will not attack you. Just let him through and see what happens.

Thanks again for the tip?

Btw, how does capturing working exactly? according to what i read i need to injure, then cripple them, and it's both based on rng? @Benice

Edited by Shrimperor

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I could emulate but for a game like the Galaxy games, I'd rather play it on hardware that's optimized for it. Plus, The Perfect Run on PC (even with a proper controller) sounds like hell.

That's fair enough. The best advantage to playing on an emulator is that, since my computer is beefy enough, I get to use graphic enhancements. Running Galaxy at 1440p resolution, plus anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering. Perfect performance for the most part, and I must say, it looks rather stunning, despite its age.

1 hour ago, Julian Teehee said:

I guess I'm the only one whose biggest motivation to play Galaxy is Rosalina.

I used a save file to bypass Mario because I like Luigi better. Every time I get one of those stupid letters addressed to Mario and the toad goes "gee the princess sure is thoughtful!", I wonder why exactly we're trying to save her. At least Mario gets the odd cake. In Luigi's case, she can't even get the name of her savior right.

Also, Rosa's hair is better. Sooo... yeah. Rosalina best girl, I agree.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Btw, how does capturing working exactly? according to what i read i need to injure, then cripple them, and it's both based on rng? @Benice

You need to inflict the "crippled" status. By default, it's almost impossible to do this. When you hurt an enemy, there's a chance that you'll inflict the "Injured" status effect (represented by a green cross above the unit's head). By itself, this doesn't do much. However, when a unit is injured, you have a higher chance to inflict "Crippled" (red cross) when attacking them. Once a unit is crippled, they can barely move, and they cannot take any action other than wait. More importantly, however, is that that's when you can capture them. Capturing gives you the enemy's whole inventory, plus some money after the chapter if the enemy was of the Imperial faction.

There's all sorts of weapons, food and skills that improve your chance to injure and/or cripple. That helps, but overall, it's a rather RNG-ish mechanic. Probably my least favorite thing about Berwick Saga. Don't think of it as Thracia's capture, it's nowhere near as reliable or fun.

Edited by Saint Rubenio