Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

So, I finished the Nexflix Castlevania series, for anyone who has seen it.

I have questions about the end of the season. About half of them are WTF?

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Umm... @lightcosmo if you're going to make a post that consists of nothing more than a spoiler box and the contents therein, could you please write the names of the game(s) you're speaking spoilers of outside of the box right above it? I read five words before realizing my error, and my fairly good memory ain't gonna forget them in time. 🥺

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

And I am super happy they got rid of Lianshi's Crossbow for Empires. Because that thing sucked in 8XL and Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate.

"Let me stand completely still and shoot it like a pistol at a firing range." It's not flashy, it's not fast, it's not strong, it's not anything but extraordinarily basic and weak. Thats what I remember of it. It was certainly one of my less liked weapons, not as bad but rather mediocre too were Wang Yuanji's throwing daggers. On the Samurai side, I've barely used Ina, but her bow wasn't amazing either, and Magoichi's rifle is so-so. When it comes to projectile weapons, at least Guo Hua's cannon is cool.

9 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ngl, I actually like not having the weapon triangle in FE3. I liked it gone from Echoes and 3H as well. Neat to see the same omission in an older FE game.

I could do with or without the weapon triangle myself. It is a minor tactical element, but it's not essential, there are plenty of other ways to make maps need brains. Considering how Kaga nerfed it to a minuscule +/-5 Hit in Thracia and has never used it in any of his Saga games, I think it's fair to say he didn't think much of it either. The WT doesn't automatically balance out the weapon types- see the dumpster fire of FE4's weapon balance, and how swords often got the shaft in FEs 7, 8, 9 and 13.

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

3 way bbq?

XD

It's Shu and Wu (Blue Lions and Golden Deer) vs. Wei (Black Eagles).
And yes, fire is involved. In a rather epic way.
Imagine a fleet of ships approaching, an overwhelming naval force, and nobody has any real hope of actually winning (heck, half the court advised surrender)...
Now imagine all of those ships going up in flames because the wind turned at the last second, earning the underdogs a decisive victory.

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Cool track btw 😉

Indeed!

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"Let me stand completely still and shoot it like a pistol at a firing range." It's not flashy, it's not fast, it's not strong, it's not anything but extraordinarily basic and weak. Thats what I remember of it. It was certainly one of my less liked weapons, not as bad but rather mediocre too were Wang Yuanji's throwing daggers.

That's surprising! She was consistently one of my best characters.

9 hours ago, Benice said:

Everytwo has strong animosity towards FE6

The majority is a more applicable word, I guess.

Tbf, I don't hate FE6. It don't hate any FE game, really. It's just that some games have aspects that I strongly dislike. I will say though that Project Ember made FE6 a much more enjoyable experience. It's honestly something I'd reaply.

4 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

589522266354745374.png?v=1

---------

Morning, everyone. *waves*

51 images for LP rip me xD

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

if only Dimitri and Claude teamed up xD

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Now imagine all of those ships going up in flames because the wind turned at the last second, earning the underdogs a decisive victory

Wei?

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Morning, everyone. *waves*

Tutturu!

Just now, DragonFlames said:

That's surprising! She was consistently one of my best characters.

They were a little slow to get to the usual crowd-clearing move, but I think my usually issue with them was the lack of stunning they did to the enemy. I haven't played WO3 or DW7 in a while, but I think that was my problem. Although I thought I might've heard the daggers generate Musou faster than other weapons.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And yes, fire is involved. In a rather epic way.
Imagine a fleet of ships approaching, an overwhelming naval force, and nobody has any real hope of actually winning (heck, half the court advised surrender)...
Now imagine all of those ships going up in flames because the wind turned at the last second, earning the underdogs a decisive victory.

It's hard to say it's not one of the greatest, if not the greatest battle in all of the Three Kingdoms period, at least judging from what DW has shown me. And it's like only what, one of two battles where all three kingdoms are fighting at once? The other being Fan Castle/the Day Guan Yu Got Shorter.

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Wei?

Their boats were the ones being set on fire. Wei had just finished conquering northern China, which gave them ~2/3rds of China's population and resources at the time. Wu and Shu had no choice but resort to uniting and using flames to avert defeat against far superior numbers.

if only Dimitri and Claude teamed up xD

They almost did in AM. XD

Wei?

Wei was actually the one on the receiving end of that fire attack.
It was Wu and Shu who were the underdogs (to the point where, technically speaking, Shu as a kingdom didn't even exist yet).

I do recall Shu's involvement in that battle being fictional, though. In actual history, it was Wu vs. Wei.
Someone with more knowledge on the subject can confirm/deny this!

It was Wu and Shu who were the underdogs (to the point where, technically speaking, Shu as a kingdom didn't even exist yet).

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Their boats were the ones being set on fire. Wei had just finished conquering northern China, which gave them ~2/3rds of China's population and resources at the time. Wu and Shu had no choice but resort to uniting and using flames to avert defeat against far superior numbers.

Interesting i see!

I do recall Shu's involvement in that battle being fictional, though. In actual history, it was Wu vs. Wei.
Someone with more knowledge on the subject can confirm/deny this!

I haven't studied the period, but I did hear exactly the same as you. I think it's because Romance of the Three Kingdoms wanted Shu to be the hero kingdom, so it had to fabricate stuff at such a glorious battle for Shu to steal the attention from that third wheel Wu.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They were a little slow to get to the usual crowd-clearing move, but I think my usually issue with them was the lack of stunning they did to the enemy. I haven't played WO3 or DW7 in a while, but I think that was my problem. Although I thought I might've heard the daggers generate Musou faster than other weapons.

The no staggering thing definitely threw me off when I played as Wang Yuanji for the first time in Warriors All-Stars. But I noticed that she was so fast, it barely mattered, and by the time I got to WO3U, I could play as her pretty well, and this extended further to DW8XL and DW8E.

But... almost nothing beats Ma Chao's C3-EX (or was it C2? You press weak attack twice, then strong attack twice, at any rate). That thing is so dang spammable and it pretty easily decimates crowds and officers, even when they are guarding (it is also a pretty easy way to get behind them, making them vulnerable).
I don't even like Ma Chao all that much from a personality perspective (not to mention his irl self was kind of a douche, apparently), but I have to admit, I love playing as the guy or use his moveset on my created characters in 8E.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I haven't studied the period, but I did hear exactly the same as you. I think it's because Romance of the Three Kingdoms wanted Shu to be the hero kingdom, so it had to fabricate stuff at such a glorious battle for Shu to steal the attention from that third wheel Wu.

I see! Thank you!
All this doesn't stop me from preferring Wu's characters overall. I may have said this before, but Sun Quan is actually one of my favorite characters in Dynasty Warriors.

I gotta say though, the scene in the novel where Zhuge Liang fools Cao Cao's army into shooting a million arrows at straw puppets on boats during a foggy night, and essentially goes "thanks for the arrows, you idiots!" was pretty funny.

Ah yes, the Battle of the Red Cliffs.

One of the most interesting battles that prove RNG exists in real life, hahaha...

Of course, didn't help Cao Cao, in order to help better stabilize the boats, had chained the ships all together. Which helped the fire spread.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Benice said he had 300 once xD

...I had about 300 per chapter in Lyn mode... Albeit mostly due to the story. There really ain't much happening in LM.

Cog of Destiny was more 3000. Yow.

Good morning, all!

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Child's play!

2078881454_sherlockhitrate.png.6d45e2ab7

Something Aethin once shared with me. And to add insult to injury, apparently this was Sherlock. Sherlock. Of all people.

Oh my god

4 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Like even if we have that Devil Bow with 90 hit, add 60 Bow Skill, Commander, Charm from our Ladies and some supports....

It will be ~180 Max xD

You can also have Commander Stack in Dork Cardinal when Vester is a blue unit, I think.

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Because you're completely stationary while using it,

This just sounds like bad design in a Musou game. Musou games are all about moving (preferably quickly), being put into a stationary position doesn't mesh well with the game philosophy, i think.

At least in Hyrule Warriors, from what i've played, bows were pretty good. And by pretty good, i mean Linkle is absolutely busted because all her attacks have vacuum effect or something and she can move (sideways) while shooting.

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:
Reveal hidden contents

Really? To me it felt pretty deep. I think he died for the same reason Margulis did, kinda like irony? Margulis says that he and Jin are the same, and since he killed everyone who "understood" him, he had to die as well. And it could be Jin trying to atone for the way he feels he acted towards Shion all those years. He is an older brother, after all. Maybe the fact that he killed them (Margulis, Pelligri) was too much weight for him, and seeing that Shion was going to die was the final crack in his nut? 

I dunno, I have alot of theories, haha.

Spoiler

I just felt that it didn't need to happen. Not in this way anyway. Again, i think it's a product of Episode III being the last game.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Umm... @lightcosmo if you're going to make a post that consists of nothing more than a spoiler box and the contents therein, could you please write the names of the game(s) you're speaking spoilers of outside of the box right above it? I read five words before realizing my error, and my fairly good memory ain't gonna forget them in time. 🥺

Sorry, editing those posts on a phone is a pain, but I'll try to remeber that! 

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

At least in Hyrule Warriors, from what i've played, bows were pretty good. And by pretty good, i mean Linkle is absolutely busted because all her attacks have vacuum effect or something and she can move (sideways) while shooting.

Reveal hidden contents

I just felt that it didn't need to happen. Not in this way anyway. Again, i think it's a product of Episode III being the last game.

She has nothing on Young Link, though xd.

Ah, I guess do. I dunno, I felt it was handled pretty well. 

On that subject, just about one of the best things DW8 did was the way Wei's Hypothetical story begins, turning Red Cliffs from an unexpected and catastrophic defeat into an awesome momentum prolongation of Wei's victory path. Guo Jia denying the fire attack was just so cool....

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

So, I finished the Nexflix Castlevania series, for anyone who has seen it.

I have questions about the end of the season. About half of them are WTF?

Shoot! I only watched the first season like a year ago, haven't gone around the watching the rest.

It looks like I'm gonna be doing two simultaneous Berwick Saga playthroughs, as I managed to get a slot in a draft run by some guys in the r/FE discord. If I'm not an "expert" on the game now, I will be. 😛

Also, Ruben, I don't have the time to do a full response to your LP post today, but

Spoiler

The moment you started using past tense, I knew that Sylvis was gonna die. Sorry about that, man. If it's any consolation, I lost Sherpa in a similarly dumbass way - forgetting to do the final battle cry and failing to kill Fatva. In mine, though, Sherpa got crit and killed by his Tumahann. 

16 minutes ago, Spara said:

It looks like I'm gonna be doing two simultaneous Berwick Saga playthroughs, as I managed to get a slot in a draft run by some guys in the r/FE discord. If I'm not an "expert" on the game now, I will be. 😛

Now that is what I call dedication. Man, between you and Brightbow's many playthroughs, it makes me feel like a filthy casual with my meager three runs. I must endeavor to fix this!

16 minutes ago, Spara said:

Also, Ruben, I don't have the time to do a full response to your LP post today, but

Hide contents

The moment you started using past tense, I knew that Sylvis was gonna die. Sorry about that, man. If it's any consolation, I lost Sherpa in a similarly dumbass way - forgetting to do the final battle cry and failing to kill Fatva. In mine, though, Sherpa got crit and killed by his Tumahann. 

Thanks for the kind words.

I wouldn't call that "similarly dumbass," though. The blunder was the same, but you just got unlucky afterwards. I lost my shit completely and threw my units to their deaths like a moron. If anything, I'm lucky Perceval didn't get crit to death as well!

Had to create a schedule plan for school today. Like I’m gonna stick to that. Or even know what I want do in the future, and they made us select a career ‘pathway’. Hah.

I better start perfecting my ability to take orders now then....

Edited by Sooks