• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Imagine paying taxes for a country you don't live in.

This is genuinely disgusting.

Is this in addition to previously, or paying America instead of whatever country you live in?

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait wait

they want this to apply to non-US citizens not living in the US?

wtf?

And weren't Taxes communism?

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Is this in addition to previously, or paying America instead of whatever country you live in?

When you're a YouTuber and you get your paycheck, some of the money you made goes to YouTube themselves, some goes to the taxes of whatever country you live in and that's it.

Now YouTubers outside of America have to do all that and have get another portion of their paycheck go to American tax, simply because they have viewers in the US.

Just now, Armagon said:

When you're a YouTuber and you get your paycheck, some of the money you made goes to YouTube themselves, some goes to the taxes of whatever country you live in and that's it.

Now YouTubers outside of America have to do all that and have get another portion of their paycheck go to American tax, simply because they have viewers in the US.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Wasn't this a misinterpretation or something?

Looking at the first English translation that came up:

"However, for Sticker Star, Mr Miyamoto asked us to create a game using only characters already found in the Mario world rather and not any of our own."

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/11/interview_the_team_behind_paper_mario_sticker_star

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Even M&L games released after sticker star had alot of uniqueness to them (although still too many toads)

And hopefully, if another M&L were to happen, that the uniqueness would continue to exist. Why shouldn't spinoffs be allowed to create new species, when mainline 3D titles do so every time? It isn't like there are that many Mario spinoffs which would warrant OC species. I get "keep things "Mario", don't create spinoff universes that lose all connection to the heart of the franchise", but I don't see that line being crossed anywhere.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I thought I might've heard once that US citizens living abroad do have to pay some form of taxes, which leads a few to renounce their US citizenship.

This said, major corporations and other businesses of a certain size should have to pay taxes in every country they operate, I think that sounds okay. But lone individuals who don't make a whole lot of money and probably have a day job and struggle to make ends meet? That sounds wrong.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Basically. Now I hear this won't apply to Canada and UK because of trade deals but if you're elsewhere, lol.

And weren't Taxes communism?

Uhhhhh no?

Although a lot of Republicans think taxation is theft which......in specific scenarios it can be, I guess.

If you ask me, this is one of those scenarios, there's no reason why non-US individuals need to pay US tax.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But lone individuals who don't make a whole lot of money and probably have a day job and struggle to make ends meet? That sounds wrong.

Yeah, this is hitting the individuals. YouTube itself probably pays taxes everywhere but now the content creators have to pay American tax in addition to whatever country they live in. All because American viewers watch their content, and that's something they have zero control over.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"However, for Sticker Star, Mr Miyamoto asked us to create a game using only characters already found in the Mario world rather and not any of our own."

but that was SS

Why are there still so many Toads in TOK?

And hopefully, if another M&L were to happen, that the uniqueness would continue to exist. Why shouldn't spinoffs be allowed to create new species, when mainline 3D titles do so every time? It isn't like there are that many Mario spinoffs which would warrant OC species. I get "keep things "Mario", don't create spinoff universes that lose all connection to the heart of the franchise", but I don't see that line being crossed anywhere.

You don't even need OC species, honestly, just modifying current ones could be enough.

I thought I might've heard once that US citizens living abroad do have to pay some form of taxes, which leads a few to renounce their US citizenship.

That is true. 

Banks who want to do any work with US based company have to report to US authorities about any US citizen in their midst.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Uhhhhh no?

Although a lot of Republicans think taxation is theft which......in specific scenarios it can be, I guess

Yeah i was meme'ing about republicans

Nobody really knows.

The whole "no creating original species" is really bull when you look at Odyssey.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

but that was SS

Reverberation. The effects of SS have continued to endure, the Paper Mario approach hasn't changed. Simple. They've chosen to focus on trying to make Toads diverse in personality over adding anyone else. Not understanding non-Toads who could be friendly NPCs have existed in mainline Mario games.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You don't even need OC species, honestly, just modifying current ones could be enough.

hqdefault.jpg

True, gotta love the Pianta mafia.😎

Hopefully those "tax changes" will also involve Amazon and others finally paying their taxes.

...or at least result in them no longer getting hundreds of millions of tax rebate for the taxes they are not paying

Edited by BrightBow

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I hate my country sometimes. 😐

Could a non U.S. resident challenge that? Civics class, why just you fail me now?

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Wait wait

I think so.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You don’t have to be a citizen for this.

This said, major corporations and other businesses of a certain size should have to pay taxes in every country they operate, I think that sounds okay. But lone individuals who don't make a whole lot of money and probably have a day job and struggle to make ends meet? That sounds wrong.

It’s not the businesses, it’s the creators. This doesn’t come from YouTube, once they take their portion of a creator’s pay the U.S. now could get some as well for... some reason.

The guy on the video they posted said “certain circumstances” which is really vague. I wonder why. 🤔

Edited by Sooks

Hey, so you guys know how there's always like 10 people in the comment sections of big youtubers fighting over who's the first viewer? You know, the guy's that are always like "First! First! First!"

Well, I got something better.

Qvnhkm07 o

Kaga!

On 3/8/2021 at 9:17 PM, Robert Stewart said:

Excuse me what the fuck

follow up: I lured him onto a cliff and save scummed to capture him.

I am a tactical genius. 😎

Edited by Robert Stewart

3 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

follow up: I lured him onto a cliff and save scummed to capture him.

I am a tactical genius. 😎

You captured Garos!? Not bad, not bad at all. Usually I count my lucky stars if I can get away with a kill.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You just have to save scum RNG to get a bounty? That doesn’t sound fun.

Not really. That's only if you want to capture him, because Berwick Saga's capturing system is all RNG, which is a shame. There are a couple of reliable ways to kill him.

On 3/9/2021 at 3:42 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

You captured Garos!? Not bad, not bad at all. Usually I count my lucky stars if I can get away with a kill.

If you lure him onto a cliff, it should be fairly easy to set up a kill, I think.

Easy to hit you on terrain that sets your avoid to 0. 😎

On 3/9/2021 at 4:28 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Not really. That's only if you want to capture him, because Berwick Saga's capturing system is all RNG, which is a shame. There are a couple of reliable ways to kill him.

Yeah it seems kinda silly

Hopefully later on the injury/cripple rate gets at least a little more reliable.

Also, is giving the assassin's knife to the collector worthwhile? Does getting the full collection net me anything good?

Edited by Robert Stewart

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

BOO! BOOOOOOO!!!

It does suck, but capture isn't very important, and capturing isn't required for bounties.

17 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

Also, is giving the assassin's knife to the collector worthwhile? Does getting the full collection net me anything good?

The knife is utterly useless. You won't get anyone who can use it properly. There's only one Erzheimer item that you want to keep, it's a brace that gives +3 magic to the unit equipping it. Everything else is pretty much best in Erzie's hands.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

's a brace that gives +3 magic to the unit equipping it.

Oh yeah, where do you get that? I missed the Albatross and that brace, but got the rest. I know where the albatross is, but what about the brace?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The knife is utterly useless. You won't get anyone who can use it properly. There's only one Erzheimer item that you want to keep, it's a brace that gives +3 magic to the unit equipping it. Everything else is pretty much best in Erzie's hands.

So I take it there's no cumulative reward for getting everything?

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh yeah, where do you get that? I missed the Albatross and that brace, but got the rest. I know where the albatross is, but what about the brace?

Have you tried the cinema or the theater?

4 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

So I take it there's no cumulative reward for getting everything?

I think that there is, but I can't remember what it is. (IIRC it's another prf for Reese, though.) Also, more screentime for Erzie!