Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Okay, so I don't know why, but as soon as I deployed everyone, for some reason Panne has become unable to reach Grima. I don't know why, but she just refuses to kill everyone, so there's always one enemy in the way.

This final battle is so tedious. I want to finish it now, but I'm not sure if I'll be able, it's late and tomorrow I have to wake up early.

• Replies 176.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No speedup in Citra. As for the ingame speedup... it's disabled for Grima too.

Because Awakening is just a good game.

It has been a while since I played it, but yeah, that just seems extravagant.

There's arguably an arrogance in not allowing map animations at all. Doesn't matter what we're on about if you ask me.

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I suppose it makes sense people wouldn't know since most probably didn't play the game more then once.

Then they did something more pleasant with their lives, like building up a pain resistance to stepping on Legos or something.

Awakening or Radiant Dawn?

Eh, played both more than once anyway.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It has been a while since I played it, but yeah, that just seems extravagant.

There's arguably an arrogance in not allowing map animations at all. Doesn't matter what we're on about if you ask me.

Well, to be honest, the biggest issue I have is that Citra lags way too hard on this game's animations. Not on Conquest's, but on this one. It's weird.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, to be honest, the biggest issue I have is that Citra lags way too hard on this game's animations. Not on Conquest's, but on this one. It's weird.

Yeah, that would absolutely make things worse.

YES!

IT'S OVER!

Panne just barely managed to pull off a win after everyone had died and Flavia was surrounded by enemies more than capable of ending her. Won by a hair. Holy shit...

...I mean, I did RNG abuse with a save state because the first time around she got killed by a 10% hit, but hey. I value my time at least a little bit. The only strat was "send Panne, pray," so I don't feel bad for cutting to the chase and making it work faster. I'm happy with this conclusion, myself.

"Let Chrom deal the final blow?"

Ahahahahahahah.

I've let the entire cast of this game die.

Do you really think I'm going to spare the main villain?

Hahah... fuck right off. DIE!

AHAHAHAHAHA THE GAME LETS ME SKIP THE ENDING

I CAN'T SKIP THE BATTLE ANIMATIONS BUT I CAN SKIP THE ENDING

YES

AWAKENING

I LOVE THIS GAME

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEE THIS GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEEEE

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

I'm sure you're glad that's over with.

You want me to be brutally honest?

I am, but... in a twisted way, I'm glad I've gotten to experience this game. It was a disaster of biblical proportions, and while I cannot say I loved every second of it... Well, it was a slow burner. It became progressively more and more dumb until by the end, I was faced by a game so horrible that it became an absolute masterpiece.

Awakening is the Derrick of the Fire Emblem franchise. You can consider that a compliment, if you will.

Final impressions once the "fin" screen appears.

YES!

IT'S OVER!

Panne just barely managed to pull off a win after everyone had died and Flavia was surrounded by enemies more than capable of ending her. Won by a hair. Holy shit...

...I mean, I did RNG abuse with a save state because the first time around she got killed by a 10% hit, but hey. I value my time at least a little bit. The only strat was "send Panne, pray," so I don't feel bad for cutting to the chase and making it work faster. I'm happy with this conclusion, myself.

Are you all right?

That's the end of him.

Thanks to Panne you carried the day.

We can rest easy now. At long last...

...What's wrong? Hey, hang on—

crop;jpeg_quality=65.jpg

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"Let Chrom deal the final blow?"

Ahahahahahahah.

I've let the entire cast of this game die.

YES

AWAKENING

I LOVE THIS GAME

But letting Chrom deal the final blow doesn’t kill the final boss.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But letting Chrom deal the final blow doesn’t kill the final boss.

Yes. I wanted the final boss dead. Him, and Edgy Kabba both. Fuck everyone. Let them burn. Panne is the only one the world needs.

There are more retired characters than actually dead. Awakening is the gift that keeps on giving.

Anyway, the only ending that matters.

A2h4ju3h o

Also noteworthy is the fact that in her ending, it is stated that in future tournaments (that didn't happen because Basilio died) she would ask Chrom for his sword. Why Chrom? He was the weakest man in the army! The corpses were more useful than him! Literally!

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You want me to be brutally honest?

I am, but... in a twisted way, I'm glad I've gotten to experience this game. It was a disaster of biblical proportions, and while I cannot say I loved every second of it... Well, it was a slow burner. It became progressively more and more dumb until by the end, I was faced by a game so horrible that it became an absolute masterpiece.

Awakening is the Derrick of the Fire Emblem franchise. You can consider that a compliment, if you will.

Final impressions once the "fin" screen appears.

You gotta know know the bottom of the barrel so you can fully appreciate everything that managed to be better then that. And there is great value in that. Much beauty is only visible through that contrast.

Edited by BrightBow

Just now, BrightBow said:

You gotta know know the bottom of the barrel so you can fully appreciate everything that managed to be better then that.

That, and no other game has actually managed to get me to finish it out of sheer spite. Most games that bore me as much as Awakening bored me until chapter 13~14, I just dropped to move on to something better. This one? This one, I just ate in a day so I could move on. I must give it kudos for that, if nothing else.

There are more retired characters than actually dead. Awakening is the gift that keeps on giving.

Wait, who actually died? Isn’t it just the mothers and like, Virion that retreat?

Anyway, the only ending that matters.

A2h4ju3h o

Also noteworthy is the fact that in her ending, it is stated that in future tournaments (that didn't happen because Basilio died) she would ask Chrom for his sword. Why Chrom? He was the weakest man in the army! The corpses were more useful than him! Literally!

Will you post Panne’s final stats like you said you would?

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

YES

AWAKENING

I LOVE THIS GAME

That is so hilariously stupid...

Wow, it managed to pull itself out of the Star Wars Christmas Special section of the bad entertainment curve, and get back into a Room section

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yIEGpa1.png

*Berwick PTSD*

Just you wait 'til the next game, where the famous enemy paladins ALL HAVE UNCOUNTERABLE CAVALRY LANCES AAAAAA

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

O2scz4p.png

Finally

Also, hello, portrait re-use!

That, and no other game has actually managed to get me to finish it out of sheer spite

Damn, dude. But hey, you blew through it super fast, so that must mean you liked it, right?

1 minute ago, Spara said:

Just you wait 'til the next game, where the famous enemy paladins ALL HAVE UNCOUNTERABLE CAVALRY LANCES AAAAAA

...but i get super powerful magic to one-shot them, right? right?

Also i can safely sell the acoolades, right?

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

..but i get super powerful magic to one-shot them, right? right?

Laughs in like 40HP