• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well I have no opinion on that front lmao.

Now i admit, the DLC fixed this, as in my sig it's rated much higher than the entire game, but not cause they fixed this, instead cause their superboss designs were so amazing, that it deserves credit for that.

Normal game should not have serious issues that are either easy fixes or just dumb.

42 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Anyways, here's something @DragonFlames will be very excited about

Blue Reflection 2. And much like Atelier Ryza, it seems like the visuals are getting a big buff

Holy hell, this looks amazing!
YAY!

And it looks like Hinako's gonna be back, too!
Somehow!
DOUBLE YAY!~
Though I wonder how they're gonna explain that one, considering the ending of the first game. Hmm...
We shall see, I guess!

But for now, I am looking forward to this! Cautiously!

33 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

"Estelle... Estelle..." First thing i thought of.

Same. XD

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh, I see! Then I am almost halfway through the game. That went by a lot quicker than I thought!
Though looking at my playtime, I am almost at 20 hours... where the heck did the time go?!?

Well, the game took me 60 hours, so again, I could very well be wrong from a gameplay perspective.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh boy! Good thing I've prioritized quests so far!
Thanks! ^^

You'll have plenty of time for this, up to the save point literally a few meters in front of the final boss. There are I believe about 310 Reputation Points in the game, so getting 2/3rds isn't particularly demanding. More than 200 won't do anything besides completion's sake.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

I see. I think you talked about it a bit but hopefully it's not something one would need a guide for.

I'm not sure if people have complained. I mean I used to have a physical guide many years ago, and I have some residual memory of what it said. I am aware of people having issues with the nine Sky Temple Keys of MP2- which do the same thing of unlocking the final battle site.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I wish i could enjoy Vesperia's gameplay enough to care about the story xD

Also Xillia port when Namco. It's one of the tales games i am most interested in

If you don't enjoy typical Tales gameplay, I'm not sure Xillia would be for you.

I take it Milla Maxwell is the source of your curiosity. She is a good female main protagonist I'll say, quite popular on the whole I think. Jude seems to be liked enough as a dual protagonist to accompany Milla on her appearances elsewhere. I never did get to seeing his side of the story.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Bloodstained 2 was announced btw

-But it's in the very tentative pre-development stage basically. They're still working on an unrevealed 4th playable character for the first game.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you don't enjoy typical Tales gameplay, I'm not sure Xillia would be for you

this is a good point, on the whole, Vesperia and Xillia are very similar mechanically. And if he didn't like Vesperia, odds are Xillia will run into similar issues.

I don't find Vesperia and Xillia similar at all gameplaywise. Xillia had that linked fight system which I disliked whilst Vesperia had a pretty simple combat system. I enjoyed Vesperia's combat  much more than Xillia. Xillia 2 was better by giving the main character more flexibility, but it was also the main issue at the same time since the main character had to be permanent party member.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hopefully sticking longer than others that just come and go.

What's wrong with that?

Aren't chat threads supposed to be like that?

No one is forced to stay here. I am here for maybe 30 min in average per day (including days I don't post here at all) whilst there are others here who are here for +15 hours. Since it's not a live chat platform after all, I prefer other places to have interactions. That's why I also don't backread pages between my posts - unless I'm notified - because the wall or posts beats me up and costs too much time.

Edited by Zan Partizanne

2 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

I don't find Vesperia and Xillia similar at all gameplaywise. Xillia had that linked fight system which I disliked whilst Vesperia had a pretty simple combat system. I enjoyed Vesperia's combat  much more than Xillia. Xillia 2 was better by giving the main character more flexibility, but it was also the main issue at the same time since the main character had to be permanent party member.

Mechanically: the way the game runs, is very similar. Flow, camera, etc.

I played as Milla whenever i could (top tales of MC next to Yuri!) so i can't judge the characters playstyle as much, tbf.

I'd like to remind @Armagon that spiritual successors such as Bloodstained could probably not exist if Kaga hadn't won his lawsuit against Nintendo over TearRing Saga. Therefore you must thank Kaga for the existence of games you like.

And with that, time to go die against Notlucard.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Though I wonder how they're gonna explain that one, considering the ending of the first game. Hmm...
We shall see, I guess!

"No one's ever really gone".

40 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They're still working on an unrevealed 4th playable character for the first game

I hope it's the Corgi.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'd like to remind @Armagon that spiritual successors such as Bloodstained could probably not exist if Kaga hadn't won his lawsuit against Nintendo over TearRing Saga. Therefore you must thank Kaga for the existence of games you like.

And with that, time to go die against Notlucard.

Well the main reason Kaga was sued was because he called his game "Emblem Saga".

It'd be if like Iga called Bloodstained "Castleventure".

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

It's real. After all this time.

E5nYZmyWUAolZk8?format=jpg&name=small

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Fun fact: in the original plans for Trails in the Sky Joshua was gonna be mc, before Falcom went "Everyone is doing that nowdays (2004), let's make Estelle MC" and boy am i glad they did.

Everyone was doing what?

9 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

It's real. After all this time.

I mean, I don’t know if I would call it that

I'm just glad that it's being spoken of as just a fancier Switch. I don't want to upgrade yet. If it had been replaced already it would've lasted roughly as long as my last computer, which kinda ruins the one and only advantage of a console.

Edited by Saint Rubenio