Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Thought never crossed by mind, but... good thing they didn't rename her for overseas just because of Fódlan Hilda.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 176.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Or wait, we already had her still as Hilda due to CYL years ago, no? Well, either way, at least neither got a rename because of the name being taken. Unlike how it happened to some others...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Assassin's Creed II – Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livreAssassin's Creed III – Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livreAssassin's Creed IV: Black Flag – Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre

They offer the best of the series. Black Flag's cast makes its actual story better.

Best pirate game ever made.

I'll agree with you on 2 and Black Flag but I remember 3 being very awkward with it's pacing. I remember one thing happening and then it skips five years later to Ratonhnhaké:ton signing the declaration of independence, skipping a lot of important history.

I haven't played the game in ages nor have I ever beat it so I'll have to play it again to get a better look at it.

40 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I'm not sure I'd agree, as he has little room for improvement other than in luck and defensive stats, and I don't think that'd be enough to justify trying to raise him in PoR.

Of all the armies in Radiant Dawn, the DB are the ones that could most use the help, and transfers on Sothe are one of the few ways of getting them some. Plus you forgot that he can get 2 points of Strength as well (and likely will if you keep Blossom on him in random mode), and those defensive stats on your "Jaigen" helps a lot as well. Not to mention that Path of Radiance is kinda easy, with a boatload of BEXP you can unload on a low level unit like him if you want to.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

It’s okay, they’re nonexistent here.

Oof...

54 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

but I've also never been able to get save transfers to work, so idk if it'd be worth it anyway

IIRC Sothe will usually be made weaker if you transfer his stats over, so probably not.

New challenge run: Linked FE9-10 0% growths where you have to train all your units to level 20 and transfer their stats so that you get Sothe with 20 HP and 5 defense.

Now let's see the newest Garonquest update...

glUa26W.png

wat

QYetOqR.png

Yeah i wouldn't either

xGoqihB.png

Sigurd is Mexico?

9L16kPu.png

The Sigurd some Teehee'rs have that can't solo FE4 Gen 1

z9f2PjI.png

...although with these stats he should Solo FE4

xHDtnpr.png

Thracia Sequel confirmed

HkGRDhO.png

PLOT TWIST

lskCYOE.png

Wth chrom lolol

c5O3vKD.png

FE4 Conquest'fied

RfOnRgE.png

Lol

Ox01fOW.png

lmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaao

vPc6fNu.png

See? Garon is a good guy

VYqcLCK.png

And so is Arvis, our newest recruit. His Silver sword only comes with SPD -3 and none of the usual Silver drawbacks

4Q4d4aq.png

Hi there.

Edited by Shrimpolaris

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Oof...

IIRC Sothe will usually be made weaker if you transfer his stats over, so probably not.

New challenge run: Linked FE9-10 0% growths where you have to train all your units to level 20 and transfer their stats so that you get Sothe with 20 HP and 5 defense.

That is a bit of a misconception thanks to Serenes Forest listing the Average Stats for the Fixed mode version of Blossom instead of the Random mode version of Blossom. On average all of his stats are above, or equal to his Radiant Dawn stats if you are playing with Blossom on him on Random mode.

35.96 20 4.61 20 20 20.1525 14.9725 9.69

Those are his level 20 Average stats with the Random Mode Version of Blossom, and with the poser of BEXP level rerolls, you can bump the uncapped stats higher if you want...

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

That is a bit of a misconception thanks to Serenes Forest listing the Average Stats for the Fixed mode version of Blossom instead of the Random mode version of Blossom.

Hm.

I'm not sure it would make too much of a difference for him, though, would it? Considering he's really strong for all of part 1 anyways, and it might not be enough to make him P-4 viable.

...I really need to do another RD run and use everyone I didn't last time-Lots more Laguz for sure, at least.

The thing about Sothe's transfer is that it's direct, instead of just the "+2 bonus if capped" of everyone else.

And it's direct for everything, so any stat that is lower than his RD base... will remain lower.

Man, Raven Beak really is one of the best final bosses ever. It's so damn good.

FQrM37lVkAgo2Rp?format=jpg&name=large

My fastest time, i think. 

FQrM375VUAQscC3?format=jpg&name=large

There is actually one less boss (actually two, i think it counts the Twin Robot fights individually) because you actually can skip the Twin Robot Chozo fight in Burenia completely. It's actually faster to just take the orange teleporter in Cataris and warp to Ghavoran after killing Experiment Z-57.

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

RIP confession gone wrong

Well only one thing to do

bites-za-dusto-killer-queen.gif

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

I've never actually trained Sothe in PoR

Same.

13 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Now let's see the newest Garonquest update..

See, last i checked, Garonquest was just Conquest but Garon and the baddies are the main characters.

What the fuck happened lmao?

gsdx-20220418225812.png

One not so distant battle remains, and it'll all be over. Time to spend all the remaining money and pilot points, I fight this tomorrow. I glimpsed Akurasu, so I know it looks like they combined the final battle and secret final battle of GBA OG2 to keep the increased episode count at a perfectly round 50. This might require a laptop a charge midway through, I won't mind that, as it will let me watch the ending without worrying about running out of energy before it finishes.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, dear...

Worry not, you have been spared. The dialogue has changed to something not highly problematic at the late point my earliest save file is at.😉

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I thought I was the only nutjob who feels guilty after killing bugs.

There are some monks out there who carry a hand broom to sweep away insects. While humans might not be as voluntarily benevolent to insects as they are to other members of the animal kingdom, I take it there have always been some humans who have felt it wrong to squish a bug. 

Y'know, for as much flak as I give Yakuza 5, it's very enjoyable. The combat and side-content are all major steps up from 4, the story gets off to a good start, and the taxi minigames are a good ti-

OH MY GOD, YOU CAN GET AN OTAKU-THEMED TAXI?! This game is beautiful.

Also, Kiryu looks like middle-aged Jotaro in his Taxi artwork.

V0sIYRy.png

Edited by Benice

I finally watched The Batman. My thoughts on the film are... confusing, to say at least. I have to watch Batman Begins to refresh my memory.

I don't even know if there's a review to do. Here's the best thing about the movie.

3 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

I'll agree with you on 2 and Black Flag but I remember 3 being very awkward with it's pacing. I remember one thing happening and then it skips five years later to Ratonhnhaké:ton signing the declaration of independence, skipping a lot of important history.

I haven't played the game in ages nor have I ever beat it so I'll have to play it again to get a better look at it.

3 is very awkward with his pacing, but he was the first to portray the Templars with nuance, returning the conflict between the Assassins and the Templars to the complexity established in 1 and which was absent in Ezio's trilogy.

Connor's story is underrated and the fanbase has not given it its due. It doesn't help that they cut his speech out of the game.

Edited by Newtype06

6 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

gF6KhtU.png

H4Z6jRS.png

What would you call a flying mech that just cockblocked you?

A bad Gundamn Wingman!

(I couldn't think of a good joke here, couldn't think of the opposite of a wingman)

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20220418_232837.jpg

They outta pocket for this one. 

Really.png.069d524055d01bc45043756e319c5038.png

FFS IS, way to be terrible.

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

My thoughts on the film are... confusing, to say at least.

Huh, had a similar problem coming out of it.

9 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:
  • The first few maps in RD are a pain to Ironman in general, since any deaths = game over
  • I just don't wanna play RD part 4 lol

You could always use the RD randomizer. Aside from randomizing, it also includes the ability to fix the game by removing the stupidity from Hard mode, removing all the obnoxious game over conditions in part 1 and turning all of part 4 into kill boss maps, for a few examples. It's how I'm going to replay the game, if I ever get around to it.

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait...

kR8nBz1.png

Did they just... took MK404's Marcia portrait and recolored it?

I know Japanese hacks have a bad fame of stealing art, but as Shrimpy said, it's possible that this portrait is just free to use. Most modern hacks nowadays just take portraits from public repositories, because as it turns out, it's better to have a portrait that you may've seen somewhere else than an awful splice.

Of course, I don't know if this specific one is one of them. It could be stolen, for all I know.

8 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Someone mentioned using another person's art and i thought about this right away:

f8a885baa9f2a5935b15cc8b7e3eddb6.png

FE7if, isn't it? Ahh, I remember the days when people still said this was good. They didn't last very long, but they were there.

8 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

except i play alot of GBAFE hacks xD

Mainly because they don't play anything like GBAFE

Hacks are consistently better than GBAFE, yes. It's rather amazing to see.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ruben replying with anime to anime

Ha ha ha, I've never heard that one before! Funny!

I mean like i said when Sooks started playing, because the story is told non-linearly, it is really hard to say what should and shouldn't be said. And then there's the fact that there's like several major mysteries going on and the mystery genre is usually not one you wanna give too much away compared to other genres.

I'm fairly certain this was the bit that made me go "wait, what!? That sounds great! Why didn't you say it before!?" back when you finally started to get me interested. Solely because you finally let something slip.

Seriously, why is this not something 13 Sentinels fans readily reveal to anyone within earshot? This is the kind of thing that could get someone to play! Certainly more than "no it's good for some reason that I cannot explain"! How is this a spoiler? It tells me absolutely nothing about the plot itself while making me interested in how the plot is presented!

Like i can be in-depth, i (and probably most people) feel like it should be kept to the absolute minimum due to various factors. If it was just one straight story, or one that wasn't that complex, you bet i could have more leeway.

No yeah, absolutely, but I still feel you 13 Sentinels fans take the secretism too far. Fair enough not revealing anything about the plot or the characters, but the story's structure? A short synopsis? The gameplay? Where's the spoilers there?

We ain't that big lol. Game spread purely through word of mouth, cause the game itself had like no marketing.

If anything, we're trying to be extremely courteous.

I know, I'm just saying. When you're so stingy with information, you aren't helping your case very much lol.

6 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

FQpAp32WQAQPzNj?format=jpg&name=large

lol

I mean.

¿Por qué no las dos?

I've always said it. One Hilda being an abusive mother does not change that the other Hilda is manipulative, selfish scum and an unrepentant slave owner. But that's more because IntSys were more busy writing her to be a "quirky lazy waifu OwO" than a good character. The other Hilda was very much intentionally written to be scum.

...Not that I think she's all that, myself. She has like, four lines in her entire game. Because FE4 is a game that has one utterly brilliant story moment, and the rest of it is painfully average. I know I give Tellius a lot of crap, but if there's one FE that I truly do consider to be rather overrated... Seriously, FE4's story has very little outside of The One Moment and arguably Arvis.

5 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Now let's see the newest Garonquest update...

glUa26W.png

wat

That was basically my reaction when I saw images of this in the hack's discord.

I guess that's one way to make Garon look like the good guy...

5 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

See? Garon is a good guy

We always knew that, though.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Worry not, you have been spared. The dialogue has changed to something not highly problematic at the late point my earliest save file is at.😉

Thanks.

There are some monks out there who carry a hand broom to sweep away insects. While humans might not be as voluntarily benevolent to insects as they are to other members of the animal kingdom, I take it there have always been some humans who have felt it wrong to squish a bug. 

It's a nice, wholesome thought, that.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

FQpAp32WQAQPzNj?format=jpg&name=large

lol

Oh wow.

The dumbass who made that meme does know that one of those characters is a villain, right? That their awfulness is not treated as a cute quirk by supposedly good aligned characters?

Edited by BrightBow

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

FE7if, isn't it? Ahh, I remember the days when people still said this was good. They didn't last very long, but they were there.

It was never really great, if anything, it did have great music inserted for it's time, where music instertion was a pain in the ass.

2 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Oh wow.

The dumbass who made that meme does know that one of those characters is a villain, right? That their awfulness is not treated as a cute quirk by supposedly good aligned characters?

That's literally the explicit point of the meme :v