Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Actually, you know what? Fuck it, let's make her even more like Karajan. The helmet will come and go as it pleases.

2 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

sHqv3CI.png

God dammit, even outside of Gaiden Minerva gets damseled.

Oh, this is Kaga we're talking about. I firmly believe that in Berwick Saga there was some brave editor at Tirnagog keeping him on an extremely tight leash, because there's only like four damsels as opposed to 90% of the game's female cast as in fucking Vestaria, the passion projects he made in his retirement with absolutely nothing to hold him back.

3 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

wkAPOgH.png

Oh goodie I get to defy gender roles twice!

Sorry, but no. Only women can use lady swords in this game. Men just can't.

4 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

qdoYQn4.png

Oh, they were talking about that thief in particular, whom I've ignored until it was already too late.

Someone please give me a dunce hat.

Dunce hats cost 1.33 ref.

4 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

soc7VVA.png

The fact that only arrows can hurt this guy it terrifying.

Pretty interesting challenge to throw at you so early, eh?

Certainly more than the next chapter.

• Replies 177.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Benice said:

There's so much to be worryin' about. Not knowing for sure what degree to get or program to do, not knowing whether or not I can follow my passion

That is part of the fun if you ask me!

2 hours ago, Benice said:

getting a huge debt

Canada too?

Is it a new world thing with expensive education

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Rabbid Garon

If this is not in your hack i riot

Edited by Imperator Squilla

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, this is Kaga we're talking about. I firmly believe that in Berwick Saga there was some brave editor at Tirnagog keeping him on an extremely tight leash, because there's only like four damsels as opposed to 90% of the game's female cast as in fucking Vestaria, the passion projects he made in his retirement with absolutely nothing to hold him back.

Still crazy to me that Faye and Ruby never get kidnapped.

Faye even gets rendered helpless several times because she has her shonen arc, where her rival kicks the crap out of her several times before she finally turns the tables with a powerup in their final battle.
And Ruby is a rookie knight with a strong sense of justice and Leeroy Jenkins tendencies. But her impulsiveness never even gets her rendered helpless at all.

Almost all NPC girls get kidnapped at some point. But Tianna, who is very much the female lead of the game, is notably spared from it.

Maybe it helped that the game has a POW exchange system. So kidnappings of player characters can happen naturally as part of the gameplay.

Edited by BrightBow

5 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

If this is not in your hack i riot

Stop I need to release it, I can't just start adding skeletons and rabbid Garons when there's pretty much nothing left but figuring out how to create a patch

3 hours ago, Benice said:

Welp, no more sense in avoiding it. Time for University applications...

This is my first time, UBC-Chan, so please be gentle.

Do you know what you're going to apply for?

Will there be any additional requirements for it?

Is there any particular people you can ask about it, especially this UBC if you know anyone there?

I hope you have an idea of the process, I probably can't help because I know our 3rd level application process is a bit different.

1 hour ago, ping said:

⬇️The Jeigan, earlygame crutch, steals XP. Worthless after a few maps. Ewwww. ⬇️

q7m5Lus.png

What are his stats now?

1 hour ago, ping said:

This post was written by the Promote Your Healer At Lv. 20 gang.

Present!

3 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

Greetings.

I return to bring your an incredibly cursed romhack.

I hope you enjoy.

Will I return again? Who can say?

Arvis can now cuckold his brother.

I hope you understand the consequences of this madness.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No yeah, absolutely. It just tends to feel like a failure of the plan than something that just had to happen, y'know?

"I got full cover here, I should be fine"

*Burn, Splash and Gust damage*

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Oh, they were talking about that thief in particular, whom I've ignored until it was already too late.

The Lady Sword actually is locked to women in this game anyways.

19 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

nomalfe4.png.9c9f42565d3c9b95e645c1de0a1c6953.png

Really.png.069d524055d01bc45043756e319c5038.png

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The Lady Sword actually is locked to women in this game anyways.

And it's also 12 Mt or something, so well worth using.

Edited by Punished Dayni

20 hours ago, Armagon said:

In better news

NEW LIVE-ACTION TOHO GODZILLA LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It’s been 3000… I mean, six years. Oddly this is only the second Japanese live action Godzilla movie releasing since I became a fan.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

ay yo, this shit goes hard.

Gigan Rex is too hardcore with those whip blades. Fortunately Godzilla’s white atomic breath was equally hardcore.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

They are one letter apart.

“Meh meh, Towa need Rean-Rean’s help to make blushy-crushy outfit for Valimar” -Towa, probably

1 hour ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Canada too?

Yup; depending on the institution, it can be crazy expensive. In University of Toronto, for example, residence alone costs upwards of 15k per winter session, even before fees like tuition come in.

UBC, which is in Vancouver, ain't quite that bad, but it'll still be about 22k per year of study there. Ouch.

And don't get me started on the international student costs; even if you've immigrated to Canada, if you don't have permanent residence, you'll be looking at upwards of 80,000$ per year for most major universities.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

UBC, which is in Vancouver, ain't quite that bad, but it'll still be about 22k per year of study there. Ouch.

And don't get me started on the international student costs; even if you've immigrated to Canada, if you don't have permanent residence, you'll be looking at upwards of 80,000$ per year for most major universities.

Bruh.

Here i was paying 300€/Semester and that included public transport fees for the whole state. In most states foreign citizens don't pay more, either.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yup; depending on the institution, it can be crazy expensive. In University of Toronto, for example, residence alone costs upwards of 15k per winter session, even before fees like tuition come in.

Start at a community college first and get your Associate's. That should cover all your core classes. Then head to a university if you want a Bachelor's in something specific.

5 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Oddly this is only the second Japanese live action Godzilla movie releasing since I became a fan.

Same.

And the best part: it releases on Godzilla's 69th birthday. Nice.

Interesting thing is that it's supposed to be set in post-war Japan. Godzilla movies have always usually taken place around the time of release so it'll be interesting to go backwards in time.

29 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Do you know what you're going to apply for?

Music as a major for sure, but I'm not sure if I want to take a minor or two.

...Plus, even if I get accepted, it's just so much money to do music school since that's abroad, so I may have to go to UBCO instead, which is where I live right now.

30 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Will there be any additional requirements for it?

An audition and stuff like that, but I should be OK on that front, since I've been preparing for about eight months now.

31 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Is there any particular people you can ask about it, especially this UBC if you know anyone there?

There should be a lot of options, yeah; it's more me figuring things out on my own end in terms of getting my own act together. There's so much stuff I wanna do!

3 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Here i was paying 300€/Semester and that included public transport fees for the whole state. In most states foreign citizens don't pay more, either.

Zoinks.

UBC does include a lot of amenities, but I won't lie that, like, 500$ per semester would be a dream come true. I really wish that Canada covered post-secondary education...

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Start at a community college first and get your Associate's. That should cover all your core classes. Then head to a university if you want a Bachelor's in something specific.

I would do that (If I didn't go straight to full University), but because I hope to do music, I have to travel either to Vancouver or Victoria (Or Nelson, if I were to do music production), since the Okanagan doesn't have a single post-secondary music program.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

That's still pretty rough. I get that it could be worse, but yikes.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And the best part: it releases on Godzilla's 69th birthday. Nice.

I remember making that joke months ago.

On the birthday itself though?

Music as a major for sure, but I'm not sure if I want to take a minor or two.

...Plus, even if I get accepted, it's just so much money to do music school since that's abroad, so I may have to go to UBCO instead, which is where I live right now.

Can't speak on the major-minor stuff myself, any courses I did were more contained.

An audition and stuff like that, but I should be OK on that front, since I've been preparing for about eight months now.

Walk in with the tuba armour

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

There's so much stuff I wanna do!

Definitely consider asking people who know the place about it, not just those who might be involved in the course or wider department but those who are in the area can offer insights too, which is certainly helpful if you're going pretty far away from home.

Since we were on the topic in the other thread @Edelguardiansing

Here's how i'd rate the prep themes myself:

1. Preperations - Shadow Dragon
  2. Resolve (Dark) - Conquest
  3. Backsliding - Radiant Dawn
  4. Before Battle - New Mystery
  5. Preparing to Advance - Sacred Stones
  6. As Swift as the Wind - Three Houses
  7. Rising Morale - Path of Radiance
  8. Pray for Victory - Radiant Dawn
  9. Preperations: Deliverance - SoV
  10. As Fierce as Fire - Three Houses
  11. Those who visit - Rev
  12. Sally forth - Thracia 
  13. Resolve (Light) - Adoptright
  14. Preperations: Reunion - SoV
  15. Preparations: Pilgrimage - SoV
  16. We'd best prepare for combat, just to be safe - Awakening
  17. Prepare to Charge - FE7
  18. Prepare to Charge - FE6

God, the World 5 gimmick is so cool. Yeah, by this stage of the game, it's official, the last tiny remaining bits of doubt are gone. Sparks of Hope clears every other SRPG in the genre.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

...Plus, even if I get accepted, it's just so much money to do music school since that's abroad,

Check financial aid status. That should help some, assuming you qualify.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I would do that (If I didn't go straight to full University), but because I hope to do music, I have to travel either to Vancouver or Victoria (Or Nelson, if I were to do music production), since the Okanagan doesn't have a single post-secondary music program.

Right but correct me if i'm wrong but isn't getting an Associate's a requirement anyways? That covers the core classes (math, science, etc) and doing those at a community college is a lot cheaper. Plus, having an AA already will help getting into the university easier, if not guaranteed.

3 hours ago, ping said:

26wRL4S.png

All in a day's work.

Oh wow, Marcus is shining through all the way til the end on this playthrough huh.

2 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

qdoYQn4.png

Shame, as that is a really good weapon, basically being a Silver Sword that only women can use, but without the high Wlv requirement of Silvers

2 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

soc7VVA.png

The fact that only arrows can hurt this guy it terrifying.

For instance the 12 might of the Lady Sword would probably let the women get a bit of chip on Rumel here.

59 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Since we were on the topic in the other thread @Edelguardiansing

Here's how i'd rate the prep themes myself:

1. Preperations - Shadow Dragon
  2. Resolve (Dark) - Conquest
  3. Backsliding - Radiant Dawn
  4. Before Battle - New Mystery
  5. Preparing to Advance - Sacred Stones
  6. As Swift as the Wind - Three Houses
  7. Rising Morale - Path of Radiance
  8. Pray for Victory - Radiant Dawn
  9. Preperations: Deliverance - SoV
  10. As Fierce as Fire - Three Houses
  11. Those who visit - Rev
  12. Sally forth - Thracia 
  13. Resolve (Light) - Adoptright
  14. Preperations: Reunion - SoV
  15. Preparations: Pilgrimage - SoV
  16. We'd best prepare for combat, just to be safe - Awakening
  17. Prepare to Charge - FE7
  18. Prepare to Charge - FE6

Shadow Dragon is definitely the best to beat a drum to.

But it doesn't even come close to Resolve Dark in my eyes. That one just has me swaying to the music and yipping like it's Luke Kelly.

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Shame, as that is a really good weapon, basically being a Silver Sword that only women can use, but without the high Wlv requirement of Silvers

For instance the 12 might of the Lady Sword would probably let the women get a bit of chip on Rumel here.

Ah shame. If it's in New Mystery I'll have to get it then.