Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

highly irresponsible

This isn't even the start of it lol.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, at least you weren't mistaking Colombia for Columbia...

Yeah British Columbia.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Look at all those routes! Little known fact, the game does have six routes, it's just they're all entirely identical. You can really tell this game is Houses's source of inspiration!

Leaked FE4 Echoes screenshot: route selection

leea0nqt9qfb1.jpg

40 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

2 days until the return to the prison called work life, huh

😭

I get to work New Year's Eve and presumably, New Year's Day.

Why the fuck are we open on New Year's Day.

• Replies 177.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

leea0nqt9qfb1.jpg

If you do the evil route, Garon pops up from under a rock and adopts Sigurd.

That is the only difference. Kaga's vision, realized at last.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Caplism.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

GCoKCbJbcAAaeL-?format=jpg&name=large

Finally getting back to XC2 after being sick most of the holidays. Seasonal flu of all things knocked me flat on me back.

Ch. 3 overstayed its welcome, but the ending and good 'ol Vandham made up for it.

Hopefully the pacing'll stay up from here on.

Wasn't sure where 2 would land for me, but it's been fun so far. Looking forward to what's next.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I get to work New Year's Eve and presumably, New Year's Day.

what the fuck

Why

how

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

leea0nqt9qfb1.jpg

FE4 but good?

2 minutes ago, twilit said:

after being sick most of the holidays. Seasonal flu of all things knocked me flat on me back.

you too huh? Get well soon!

2 minutes ago, twilit said:

chapter 4 might be more on the slow side, but from ch.5 is goes no brakes!

It's one thing being a night owl when you want to be. It's another when an old dog has lost their vision and loses their sense of when night becomes morning, resulting in them telling people to get out of bed at midnight.😑 Not much seems to quiet them.

You know the really funny thing about this map? If Esteban's character arc hasn't been followed, Sophie isn't there, Luveil isn't there, the black knight isn't there and the map becomes a lot easier.

Thanks a lot, Estie.

What one bears with to see character development/drama.

Thinking on it, I don’t really need to bring a mage. Bow cavalry are plenty squishy and often weakened by the surprisingly-accurate ballistae. The black knight reinforcement guy begs for a mage to deal with him, but he’s the one of his kind on this map. The objective is defend, only alternatively rout. Although it’ll sting, Elbert can Provoke him and keep him that way until time is up, Owen/Vulneraries dosing out the heals. The Concoction the guy carries will likely make him a 4HKO or more anyhow, maybe it’s a waste of actions trying to defeat him. Another good physical unit will be able to do basically the same damage as Enid (or Perceval) to the rest of the enemies, but with more bulk.

I checked this one reaaaaaaaaaaally old playthrough in Japanese that I saw back when the Earth was still a molten rock, looks like the player never actually choked the southeast, instead trusting in the ballistae. I'm not sure if I want to rely even more on the RNG of NPCs, but then I do think the ballistae facing that way were underworked, perhaps I shouldn't block it immediately at least.

7 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J000.png

THAT'S the size of the screenshots? Alright folks, you'll have to squint your eyes for this one.

It's more laborious, but your laptop might have a Print Screen button. Or, you should be able to find a snipping tool thingy. Will let you take bigger shots.

-And good luck!😀

To be fair, Oifey won't join the field of battle. He's just Sigurd's advisor-man. That he hardly listens to.

Yeah, I don't remember Oiffy actually ever giving much advice. Sigurd is mature and veteran enough that he doesn't really need a tactician it seems. Roy meanwhile is young and prodigal enough that neither does he. 

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It has twice the routes. Everyone knows you can't replay a game unless it tells you you're on a different route. Even if it's identical for 75% of the runtime.

Don't call them "routes" then. Call them "endings". That's how I regard SMT's 11th-hour splits. -Albeit those never trick you into choosing when the game has only begun, since the 90% of identical game is supposed to showcase the different ideologies and let you think about which you'll choose to believe in.

@Shrimpy -Limited Edition- I completely understand if you want to stay out of random 3Hells discourse, but the thought popped in my head and you're the only here who'd understand it IIRC. Two words- 3Historias.📕😛

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can't believe Heugoe left Hrist so low that her HP bar was empty, but she still survived to shank Gwendal, but then Gwendal blocked all of her swings and I won anyway. What a rollercoaster.

Well, it's been a hundred years but I finally got my hands on the truthade. I'd held off on going through most of the profiles before, I wanted to get there myself first. The fact that behind the anime pretty boy design and the flattering angle Valmur was hiding a baldspot. Poor guy.

Insane the amount of detail they put into this mode for the no doubt very small subset of players that will actually sit down and play it over and over, when even the game keeps telling you you're dumb for doing it.

Glad you're still getting some enjoyment out of that old jesting suggestions.😆

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

leea0nqt9qfb1.jpg

It was a lovely concept. But, too many plays of the one starting stage. And the Usual Sonic 3D Physics Issues, Plus Awkward Gimmick. Probably some weird writing inconsistencies too, resulting from being so freeform.

Deeply regret not seeing this one in theaters.

22 minutes ago, twilit said:

Ch.4 💀

But Ch.4 is about where any pacing issues end. Glad you're enjoying the game.

19 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

what the fuck

Why

how

Retail.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I completely understand if you want to stay out of random 3Hells discourse, but the thought popped in my head and you're the only here who'd understand it IIRC. Two words- 3Historias.📕😛

What i thought 3Houses might be like.

Imagine. Imagine if 3Houses was like Radiant Historia.

Too much Raw Kino for the world, probably

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Retail.

Do people go shop on new years in the US??? WHAT?

11 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Do people go shop on new years in the US??? WHAT?

Only the ones who have no conscience. The plaza I work at is actually empty for most of the day on New Year's, it's just that the owner of the store insists on being open for any day that isn't Christmas, Thanksgiving, or a hurricane day.

But still, it's a big country so I imagine that this has happened enough times

16 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

What i thought 3Houses might be like.

Imagine. Imagine if 3Houses was like Radiant Historia.

Too much Raw Kino for the world, probably

-I don't need to have seen the plot of Three Houses to recognize this.😄

Three timelines (do we really need SS?), one timeline-jumping protagonist, one ending minus the (wonderful) bad ones.

Perhaps Rhea has becomes a little possessive about the flow history takes and overuse of time-travel has gradually diminished her cognitive faculties. Seeking to retire from that role (it gets exhausting personally jumping across the boundaries, particularly when you get obsessed with the fine details ("No! The Kingdom ceded too much to the Empire after the Battle of Repeto! I'll try reducing Kingdom casualties by 20% this time! Oh why couldn't I despite a thousand tries prevent this waaaaaar?!")), she hopes instead that ByBy will be able to take over as her time agent for assuring Fodlan the best future it can possibly have. -Not that the B' has to agree with her heavy-handedness. The Mole People, if they must exist, seek to steal the control of time from Lady R and be the clock despots themselves.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

a crazy country more like AAAAA

On the bright side I get to be paid for not doing anything tomorrow. 5 hour shift and there's gonna be like two customers total.

Today tho? inhales

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-I don't need to have seen the plot of Three Houses to recognize this.😄

Three timelines (do we really need SS?), one timeline-jumping protagonist, one ending minus the (wonderful) bad ones.

Perhaps Rhea has becomes a little possessive about the flow history takes and overuse of time-travel has gradually diminished her cognitive faculties. Seeking to retire from that role (it gets exhausting personally jumping across the boundaries, particularly when you get obsessed with the fine details ("No! The Kingdom ceded too much to the Empire after the Battle of Repeto! I'll try reducing Kingdom casualties by 20% this time! Oh why couldn't I despite a thousand tries prevent this waaaaaar?!")), she hopes instead that ByBy will be able to take over as her time agent for assuring Fodlan the best future it can possibly have. -Not that the B' has to agree with her heavy-handedness. The Mole People, if they must exist, seek to steal the control of time from Lady R and be the clock despots themselves.

Also add her imperial Waifuness to the mix, Crest of Flames and all.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Sure, but I thought they take at least Sundays so seriously that they won't even hold elections on Sundays, unlike everyone else.

Elections on Sundays might mean more Minorities, Poor and Younglings can vote. We can't have that, can we?

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

46 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What one bears with to see character development/drama.

Thinking on it, I don’t really need to bring a mage. Bow cavalry are plenty squishy and often weakened by the surprisingly-accurate ballistae. The black knight reinforcement guy begs for a mage to deal with him, but he’s the one of his kind on this map. The objective is defend, only alternatively rout. Although it’ll sting, Elbert can Provoke him and keep him that way until time is up, Owen/Vulneraries dosing out the heals. The Concoction the guy carries will likely make him a 4HKO or more anyhow, maybe it’s a waste of actions trying to defeat him. Another good physical unit will be able to do basically the same damage as Enid (or Perceval) to the rest of the enemies, but with more bulk.

Luveil and Sophie aren't all that, you just send Estie up there. If they still were there even without Esteban, it wouldn't really be an issue, as they don't really do much on their own. It's the black knight that's the issue.

I think whenever I do Estie's arc I pretty much just let him wreak havoc among the ballistae. Long as Klamp and Burroughs make it... Keeping him provoked with Elbert will probably work as well. You could even try to get him to cross into the range of the scorpios and get whittled down while chasing him.

I checked this one reaaaaaaaaaaally old playthrough in Japanese that I saw back when the Earth was still a molten rock, looks like the player never actually choked the southeast, instead trusting in the ballistae. I'm not sure if I want to rely even more on the RNG of NPCs, but then I do think the ballistae facing that way were underworked, perhaps I shouldn't block it immediately at least.

Southeast is the weakest front of the Imperial assault, yeah. I think I usually just have a couple cavalry handle whatever stragglers survive the rainstorm of bolts and be ready to rush to a different side of the map if their aid is needed.

Glad you're still getting some enjoyment out of that old jesting suggestions.😆

Hah, well, it has only become one of my favorite games of all time, up there with the likes of B. Saga.

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Sure, but I thought they take at least Sundays so seriously that they won't even hold elections on Sundays, unlike everyone else.

Considering Armagon works not for the state but for a private establishment, I'm pretty sure the only thing his boss cares about is the prospect of losing the two or three stray sales that might wander into the store on New Year's for the low, low price of forcing their employees to spend the holiday at the workplace.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

24 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Also add her imperial Waifuness to the mix, Crest of Flames and all.

-Now that sounds tricky. What if she ended up being in a timeline other than Beagles when Bylocke chose to shift into Beagles again? Sounds like she'd have to monitor them veeeery carefully to keep her cover of being another jumper from being blown. I would be inclined to think she'd like to hide that truth for as long as possible, benefitting from feigning normalcy.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Luveil and Sophie aren't all that, you just send Estie up there. If they still were there even without Esteban, it wouldn't really be an issue, as they don't really do much on their own. It's the black knight that's the issue.

Do either of them even move? And the abusive half(IIRC?)-sister is basically a civilian in combat, not what I was expecting.

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I think whenever I do Estie's arc I pretty much just let him wreak havoc among the ballistae.

Feels like I'd always have to do this.😅 If I ever did multiple runs of BS (this first one has apparently breached 50hrs?), I feel like my liking for the best outcomes would cause me to want to see all these easily-completable events again. Despite doing 5 runs of the first Devil Survivor, I never once saw the alternative 5th Day events, simply because they were not so ideal. Likewise, seven runs of Devil Survivor 2, never once did I allow myself to see any of the characters that can die, die, even though one person I've heard coincidentally gets better character events if you let a different playable perish.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Look at all those routes! Little known fact, the game does have six routes, it's just they're all entirely identical. You can really tell this game is Houses's source of inspiration!

Wow, you really got em good Ruben. 

Now play fe4 5 more times or else you are never allowed to criticize the identical game.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Do either of them even move?

Preeeeetty sure they don't. Maybe Sophie does if you get in her range, not sure.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And the abusive half(IIRC?)-sister is basically a civilian in combat, not what I was expecting.

So civilian, in fact, you can capture her without even needing to break her leg. You don't even need a net either!

9 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Now play fe4 5 more times or else you are never allowed to criticize the identical game.

You do it, I'd rather play more Covenant right now.