Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Tbh

I wasn't able to find any good image i could use for Berwick Saga. I tried to find something that could fit in the limit i have for each game (with = 316 px, or scaling down to such), but the Berwick cover had a Width of 216 px (same with some of the old FE games)

Put an image of Ward's beard

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm not loving it that was I right.😝

Weeell... Sort of. You'll see.

But then I could probably shred what remains of the game with how many +1 attacks weapons I have completely untouched. If they get 15 kills each before going bust, well Berwick isn't huge on the enemy count. -If only I used them.

Decidedly. Dew it. Use! Use!

It feels kinda random that I resumed like this. But then consistency and regularity with gaming isn't a habit of mine.🙃

Hey, whenever the time is right!

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

Czene on her way to vanish because Reese didn't talk to her.

...I've got someone elsewhere who is Berwicking for the first time. I forgot to remind him of that. F

Wholesome man. Definitely hides not a secret.

I like the random Fernando and Salyna art in the middle of the Berwickposting.

8 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J022.png

Modern Fire Emblem is too horny, I miss the old days

I am reminded this is your first direct exposure to Kaga.

Quetzal, meet the tip of the iceberg.

9 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

"You can't put a price on your health...but also you have to pay us."

What is this, America?

According to a certain Thracia 776 character...

10 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Out of spite I should just favoritize all the female units until they become power houses

Do it. Screw Kaga.

11 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J046.png

No? Nothing? You level for the first time in the literal first map of the game and you don't even get a single stat boost?

Not for nothing his name is Mid-ir.

11 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J048.png

Well at least she makes up for it in the banter

Ah, er... I have something to tell you.

...although, hey, far be it from me to... Yeah you know what? No, fuck it, nothing further. Carry on.

• Replies 177.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I completely understand if you want to stay out of random 3Hells discourse, but the thought popped in my head and you're the only here who'd understand it IIRC. Two words- 3Historias.📕😛

I guess I am not all that active, but I have definitely played Radiant Historia as well. You had one of the time twins as your avatar image for the longest time, and I think I even commented on that in the past.

6 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Sure, but I thought they take at least Sundays so seriously that they won't even hold elections on Sundays, unlike everyone else.

There are some really bible thumper parts of the country that do have laws requiring retailers to be closed on Sunday, those just tend to be parts of the country no one actually wants to live in because that isn't the only incredibly backwards thing about them.

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Elections on Sundays might mean more Minorities, Poor and Younglings can vote. We can't have that, can we?

There is that classic republican complaint

5 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Good news is that I managed to finish 60 books which was my challenge for the year. 22,000 pages later I feel like…

Congratulations sticking to it like that.

35 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J020.png

Somethingsomethingwowthat'saverybigmapiwonderiftheothermapswilllooklikethishaha.

Naw, this is the small tutorial map.

36 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J023.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J024.png

What is this, America?

Lol, it really is isn't it.

36 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J031.png

This is a skill.

Yes, but there are a few means of getting crits without that skill. Being next to a sibling or lover when attacking also provides a crit bonus, and ability to crit. Some weapons also come with the crit skill on them, and any weapon that gets over 50 kills on it also acquires the crit skill.

37 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J032.png

Oh wow, you can look inside the castle for units and items during the battle?

Yep, it is also where your units usually start the map off at.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J035.png

Gee, it'd be a shame if you put the bridge on the exact location my badly damaged axe unit is sitting so that the ambush spawn immediately goes to kill him.

You kind of walked into that one.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J036.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J037.png

Never punished.

But got lucky anyway.

38 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J038.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J039.png

I mean 10 guys winning against like 50 is pretty impressive.

Have you seen this guy's stats? The only issue with soloing 50 is it wouldn't be worth the cost of fixing his holy weapon.

38 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Well at least she makes up for it in the banter.

I hate to point it out, but Midir is a guy, but a lot of people make that mistake with him.

Also you might want to look at the Secret Events page on Serenes Forest (here: https://serenesforest.net/genealogy-of-the-holy-war/miscellaneous/secret-events/ ) for some very useful items on the next few maps...

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom's final boss in a nutshell

Spoiler

XlNT5ny.jpg

One could say that I was not entirely prepared to fight Ganondorf.

Spoiler

HDgeqn9.jpg

Xt9RjkQ.jpg

ga7XIgj.jpg

Images that are very hype

Spoiler

1qQeLq0.jpg

Kp3A4rH.jpg

Images that are very satisfying

Game was good, it almost brought a tear (of the kingdom) to my eye... I never got the Hylian Shield but I assume it's found somewhere in the final area.

Spoiler

I would've cleared Master Kohga's quest beforehand, except I didn't know how to get to his final location beneath Rito Village. Apparently you're supposed to fight him before finding out where Ganondorf is, but I still checked under Hyrule Castle first because where else would he be be?

Anyway, happy early 2024 (or late depending on your timezone).

UbmNWD7.jpg

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So humans in Lythos are also meant to follow a theme after all like the other nations.

IS must have thought Engage is a Dragon Ball game (or JoJo Part 5) considering all of these naming themes. Engage 2 will feature a new kingdom where everyone is named after underwear.

25 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

What is this, America?

26 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

IS must have thought Engage is a Dragon Ball game (or JoJo Part 5) considering all of these naming themes. Engage 2 will feature a new kingdom where everyone is named after underwear.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Well at least she makes up for it in the banter.

Speaking of banter, you can see on a unit's status screen if they currently have a Talk available. They could net you some nice items and stuff.

New Talks become available after every Castle you conquer. So you might want to check after every seize. DEFINITEDLY check everyone before ending a map.

This is a skill.

You will notice that FE4 makes pointless arbitrary changes for no reason. Crits? That's a skill. Double attacks? Also a skill. Better have Pursuit. Trading? Gone, reduced to atoms. Go to the pawn shop with the Pawn Stars, this ain't your grandma's Fire Emblem.

To all Europeans wondering why the US is so fucked, it's because the country was founded by extremely religious puritans that then went on to make Evangelicalism the biggest cult this world has ever seen, nearly half of Americans have been influenced in some ways by it.

What's even more fucked is that despite that, the rise of fascism in the 20th Century still happened in Europe. America had it's own issues but it wasn't pumping out actual dictators and bombing itself to oblivion.

But, this is also why Europe has made better progress on some fronts. They got humbled. America has yet to be actually set back on something.

38 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

never got the Hylian Shield but I assume it's found somewhere in the final area

It's actually more or less in the same area as last time. Not in the prison but somewhere you can get to without having to fly.

Congratulations on beating peak.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

You will notice that FE4 makes pointless arbitrary changes for no reason. Crits? That's a skill. Double attacks? Also a skill. Better have Pursuit.

Oh no, a game that doesn't force a reset because some rando got a 2% crit. The humanity.

This is a skill.

Since most enemies, including bosses, do have generic stats, this means that even someone like Arden doesn't have to worry about getting doubled most of the time.

That being said, there is a distinction between personal skills and class skills. Generic enemies can have skills if their class has them build in. For example Bow Fighters have Pursuit as a class skill.
Whether a unit has a skill because it's a personal skill or a class skill is actually listed if you select the skill on the unit's status screen in the bottom right.

Weapons and rings can also grant skills, but I don't remember if they appear in the unit's skill list along the others. I know they do in Thracia.

Edited by BrightBow

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J046.png

No? Nothing? You level for the first time in the literal first map of the game and you don't even get a single stat boost?

Just Midir things.

A warning about saving: There is no Restart Chapter function.
So you probably want to put your mid-chapter saves onto a different slot. You can save at the start of each turn before you move anyone.

7 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Are these actually a bad thing?

To me it feels like FCM in Thracia. It makes some units inevitably better than others in a really passive way that's just not very interesting. Though unlike FCM there's a few (rare and highly limited) ways to acquire the vital skills.

Happy new year.

May it be better than the last...not that that is a hard thing to overcome...

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Images that are very hype

TotK finale still lives rent free in my head

53 minutes ago, Armagon said:

this is also why Europe has made better progress on some fronts

*looks at the current political landscape in yurop*

12 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

when it comes to FE4? Yes, very much tho, considering how slow & unbalanced the game is already.

Honestly today wasn't too bad. Last year's New Year's Eve at the store was a fucking disaster, this time people were pretty chill. 

I'm just glad they're turning on the 80s music again starting tomorrow and I won't have to listen to the Puerto Rican Christmas song that has some lowkey slightly racist lyrics for two months.

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

The first two add nothing to the game. Crits and doubles were a thing anyone can do in prior games but now it's "oh you need to have the special skill". Any unit that doesn't is worse.

The Pawn Shop thing is just arbitrary. If for some reason you want to swap weapons, it's haul ass to the nearest castle, sell the weapon, and have the other guy buy it. Because the trading command that existed in prior games was just too hard to implement.

looks at the current political landscape in yurop*

Eh well you know, I was looking at things like city infrastructure (minus accessibility) and work laws and social safety nets. The latter two admittedly are in potential danger with how easy the far-right just keeps steamrolling. Not in Spain tho, they don't even have a government.

Although honestly, I don't know how much city infrastructure can be blamed on the US entirely. It's true we bulldozed parts of cities for CARS (look up any before and after photos) but NYC is the only city comparable to a European one in the entire North American continent.

@Acacia Sgt would you say Mexico is as car dependent too?

Edited by Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

would you say Mexico is as car dependent too?

Depends on the place, I guess.

My own town certainly has LOTS of them, as it were.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To me it feels like FCM in Thracia. It makes some units inevitably better than others in a really passive way that's just not very interesting. Though unlike FCM there's a few (rare and highly limited) ways to acquire the vital skills.

But thats only due to their shitty balancing. That doesnt mean that it cant work, it just cant with them behind the wheel, which can be said for most anything.

when it comes to FE4? Yes, very much tho, considering how slow & unbalanced the game is already.

Would it matter if Arden could do either? Sigurd would still be superior, would he not?

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Any unit that doesn't is worse.

This isnt true at all. Lex who cant do either is amazing as a unit. Sylvia who cant is also broken as a unit. Levin doesnt have pursuit at base and Azelle does yet Levin is superior.

Admittedly, Lewyn has Adept. Which isn't as good (although with Forseti and a Speed Ring he can get Adept to a high enough % activation), but still...

18 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Lex who cant do either is amazing as a unit.

Because he get's the brave axe. Without it might as well stick him to the castle

Sylvia who cant is also broken as a unit.

Levin doesnt have pursuit at base and Azelle does yet Levin is superior.

+20 Spd + Adept goes brr

Do follow up attacks need rebalance? Maybe.

Is FE4 the right way to do it? Hell no

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Decidedly. Dew it. Use! Use!

-Well given what you said of the first 11 mission being easy, I'll hold off there.😛

But, I am aware the last time to shop is Chapter 13. By then I'll unleash it by the start of then for sure. -Although I'm not sure how much fighting the last two chapters have, as I mentioned before, I did watch this one utterly-ancient Berwick LP on YouTube many years ago (well before it got translated, don't accuse me of impatience). I didn't watch all of it, but I did skip to the last two battles. I don't remember the enemy counts on these maps well, but my vague impression was they weren't the most action-packed.

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I guess I am not all that active, but I have definitely played Radiant Historia as well. You had one of the time twins as your avatar image for the longest time, and I think I even commented on that in the past.

Sorry! I forgot.😅

29 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

+20 Spd + Adept goes brr

-For all of... three minutes?

If you hype up to me that something is broken, and it comes terribly/endgame late, I am not impressed. 'Cause it'll have done nada zero zip zilch for most of the game. I'll acknowledge it may have a strong role it can play in busting the end, I can even think it awesome!, but that only does so much from a cool analytical perspective.

36 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Is that an ellipsis of disapproval? Because if so, I would agree. Needs the Leg Ring for one (costing a nice sum of what I would presume to be mostly thief gold). And two, things can later in Genealogy become enemy phase-centric with strong enough units, reducing the usefulness of a dancer.

Screenshot_2023-12-31-21-47-37-97_40deb4

Every game I played in 2023 ranked. I'll retroactively add Ryza 3.

https://www.backloggd.com/u/Armagon/list/ranking-every-game-i-played-in-2023-/

So you can view the reviews.

Do follow up attacks need rebalance? Maybe.

Do they tho? It's one of the most straightforward things about the series.

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is that an ellipsis of disapproval? Because if so, I would agree. Needs the Leg Ring for one (costing a nice sum of what I would presume to be mostly thief gold). And two, things can later in Genealogy become enemy phase-centric with strong enough units, reducing the usefulness of a dancer.

The AoE dance is nice but it loses effect in the big maps where units are unlikely to be that close to each other.