• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

...what do fe randomizes randomize again?

Basically anything you want related to items and units. FEs 4 and 6-9 are the easiest to randomize thanks to Yune.

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I can see it now. It'll be like Thracia Fog of War but you can only see one tile ahead of you. Fuck archers.

Actually, IS has done that already, and without Kaga, and not in FE.

Rain in Advance Wars: Dual Strike was changed from increasing some terrain movements cost as it had been in the prior to games, to Fog of War with -1 Vision. Not too terrible, considering your light Tanks will still have 2 range and Recons 4 range. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin went a drastic step further, to FoW with all vision ranges were dropped to 1. Better crank out some Flare units and an APC to keep them stocked with those essentially Torch Staffs. Or, select Penny as your CO and get immunity to weather effects (there will still be FoW with Rain turned on though), but that'd be EZ mode. 

46 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So because Xander retreated in endgame, Charlotte never married him?

It's more she seriously thought he was going to die, all logic indicated he would, so she enacted the "till death do us part" line in their marriage vows before it was confirmed he was officially dead, which turned out not to happen. Xander was sooo naive not to take seriously her modifications to his will, and so she ran off with 30% of the Nohrian treasury, and two nice country estates.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean it’s not just those maps but they’re all amazing.

Yeah

I said before, but except for Fox, Ninja and Ryoma's Conquest has the best maps in the series all around imo

And those 3 are like the cream ala cream.

Edited by Shrimperor

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Rain in Advance Wars: Dual Strike was changed from increasing some terrain movements cost as it had been in the prior to games, to Fog of War with -1 Vision. Not too terrible, considering your light Tanks will still have 2 range and Recons 4 range. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin went a drastic step further, to FoW with all vision ranges were dropped to 1. Better crank out some Flare units and an APC to keep them stocked with those essentially Torch Staffs. Or, select Penny as your CO and get immunity to weather effects (there will still be FoW with Rain turned on though), but that'd be EZ mode. 

Ah, I see.

Fog of War is a lot more balanced in Advance Wars than in Fire Emblem though. So I can see these weather effects not being as terrible as they sound.

Whiteout in Valkyria Chronicles 4 isn't that bad either, I imagine it's just there to rig chapter 16 in your favor.

Edited by Armagon

23 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hmm what to play now...

B E R W I C K   S A G A

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Fog of War is a lot more balanced in Advance Wars than in Fire Emblem though. So I can see these weather effects not being as terrible as they sound.

Friendly reminder that Berwick Saga makes fog of war affect enemies as well.

14 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Shrimp-kun...don’t...don’t drive Armagon down the path of madness.

Did wraith just say kun?

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

B E R W I C K   S A G A

15 frames per year isn’t a very enjoyable frame rate.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I wish I could run Radiant Dawn on my laptop. 

sigh

Same.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

your PC not strong enough?

Laptop xD

I dabbled in Berwick a little bit before but it just got to be too much to me. I mean I had fun, but I just had no desire to keep playing. It was odd.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I dabbled in Berwick a little bit before but it just got to be too much to me. I mean I had fun, but I just had no desire to keep playing. It was odd.

It's a fine game, I guess. But there's certain aspects that prevent me from wanting to continue, yeah.

Edited by twilitfalchion