Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

34 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

2 2500 silver coin (I think that's what they were called) from killing enemies.

It's a D.

The last 0, I mean. It's not a 0, it's a D. D for denarii. Those coins were worth 250, not 2500.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

It's a D.

The last 0, I mean. It's not a 0, it's a D. D for denarii. Those coins were worth 250, not 2500.

Ah. I see. xD

Or apparently, I didn't see, hehe.

My boy Sherlock on a lucky streak killing off dark cloak-kun with a 37. Niiiiiiiiice.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Ah. I see. xD

Yeah, it is really hard to tell, I'm not gonna lie. I only figured it out when I realized that I was less rich than intended.

By the way, around turn 20, some bloke will show up from the bottom of the map and talk about slicing people to ribbons. He'll then run north.

My advice for getting him if you want his large bounty price: Only do it with Clifford, Volo or Ward on a turn where you've saved, ideally. Because... YIKES.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ah. I see. xD

Don't worry, everyone seems to make that mistake. Everyone but me, apparently. I swear I never had difficulties telling that pesky D apart! What gives?

My boy Sherlock on a lucky streak killing off dark cloak-kun with a 37. Niiiiiiiiice.

Show those garbage bagmen what for.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Show those garbage bagmen what for.

This one's Fermat, right? Or is Fermat the biggest brain of all villains who shows up deep in enemy territory without a weapon?

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oh, nice! Got a gold coin for taking down the sword guy that suddenly appeared from where the boss was standing.

Don't forget to get Esteban!

From where?

About six hexes south of the chateau that Chaos was on. Christine needs to talk to him. You will see him spawn because he has dialogue. I just brought it up because he arrives so late that it's easy to miss him.

His equipment is suck, so he's a non-threat to your units.

Edited by Benice

The heck? The idiot priest stood right in front of the boss and got himself killed.

No rescue means he stood there and prevented my units from moving in.

Yep, that can happen. Ward's Guard skill stopped me from getting goofed here because I had now bows. The priests are really dumb.

The good news is that one of them does counterattack, so that works.

Edited by Benice

Just now, Benice said:

Yep, that can happen. Ward's Guard skill stopped me from getting goofed here because I had now bows. The priests are really dumb.

The good news is that one of them does counterattack, so that works.

There really should have been a rescue ability to prevent something stupid like that from happening.

There really should have been a rescue ability to prevent something stupid like that from happening.

Not stupid green units would work better.

Both would be the best scenario.

Eh, I feel that Rescue wouldn't have worked very well; losing half of your speed and weapon skill isn't as bad as in other games.

Good news is that these are probably the greenest of all green units.

Speaking of green units, Yellwo units are not allied; they will attack both you and red units.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Eh, I feel that Rescue wouldn't have worked very well; losing half of your speed and weapon skill isn't as bad as in other games.

Good news is that these are probably the greenest of all green units.

Speaking of green units, Yellwo units are not allied; they will attack both you and red units.

May not be, but when the green units are as stupid as those priests, there ought to be something as a safeguard against a kind of softlock like that.

Oh, okay.

there ought to be something as a safeguard against a kind of softlock like that.

Well, the guard skill, bows and one of the priests having a weapon do that.

But honestly, giving Reese a repositional skill or something, (such as swap) could have worked.

Well, the guard skill, bows and one of the priests having a weapon do that.

Doesn't change the fact that once the priest is standing in front of the boss you're locked out from attacking them directly.

But honestly, giving Reese a repositional skill or something, (such as swap) could have worked.

Or just use rescue. 😛

Easy fix.

Doesn't change the fact that once the priest is standing in front of the boss you're locked out from attacking them directly.

Less than ideal indeed, but you have enough tools to deal with it.

Or just use rescue. 😛

Easy fix.

Rescue would kind of break the game in a lot of ways, though. This is also the only scenario in the game where this can actually happen.

Just now, Benice said:

Less than ideal indeed, but you have enough tools to deal with it.

Dealing with a problem that shouldn't exist, yeah.

Rescue would kind of break the game in a lot of ways, though. This is also the only scenario in the game where this can actually happen.

I fail to see how it would change things any more than guard does. Except rescue actually has penalties for its use, unlike guard.

So bows can put people to sleep now?

Sleep arrows.

Except rescue actually has penalties for its use, unlike guard.

Guard halves defense and shield rate.

I fail to see how it would change things any more than guard does.

Berwick Saga isn't balanced around moving your units around in this way; because of Canto, you'd be able to attack with a squishy powerhouse then run away. I feel that it would let the player manipulate the turn mechanic too much.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Dealing with a problem that shouldn't exist, yeah.

Barely a problem, though. It shouldn't exist, but it's extremely minor.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Sleep arrows.

Of course there are.

Guard halves defense and shield rate.

Similar to rescue in FE then.

Berwick Saga isn't balanced around moving your units around in this way; because of Canto, you'd be able to attack with a squishy powerhouse then run away. I feel that it would let the player manipulate the turn mechanic too much.

Eh, I think it'd be fine. After all, it's not like rescue and canto can't work together as tools the player can use. The game's tough enough.

Similar to rescue in FE then

Yep, but since it's kept to a few units, it helps make them good without universally making Cavaliers better than everyone else.

Eh, I think it'd be fine. After all, it's not like rescue and canto can't work together as tools the player can use. The game's tough enough.

I mean, I'd have to play it with rescue to actually know if it works.