• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh yes...

You'll never see it coming. Heck, I didn't see it coming.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So how are you feeling about making LPs? Did you enjoy it?

Yeah, I did! I've still got a lot of updates left for sure. I can't wait to start my FE6 ironman next.

Just now, Sooks said:

What to name my farm....

I named all of my things Benice spelt wrong: Benice farm, Eniceb barn, Be'nice the dog, Benise the chicken, etc.

Just now, Benice said:

I named all of my things Benice spelt wrong: Benice farm, Eniceb barn, Be'nice the dog, Benise the chicken, etc.

Nice, but I don’t know if I really have a joke or anything like that that I would name a farm after. Hmm...

Alrght, made it to the 1300's in CK2.

I saw the Byzantine engaging in an Invasion war against France. I jumped to their defense. Haha, it became a French-Hispanian-Swabian-English coalition. Gotta keep them Byzantines in check.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

>Valkyria Chronicles 4 Ch.17

>Drops a building on one of the twins

>She comes back the next turn

??????????????????????

Now that is against the rules. I'm guessing I have to directly kill her then. I'd say it's because they didn't want you to cheese-kill the twins, except for the fact that I've been cheesing bosses this whole game.

That was very annoying. It is a threat to keep you busy and wanting to get the rest of the map done fast, but it was pestilence. I forget exactly what I did, but I think it was a constant dose of smoke round cheese. By which I mean equipped Claude with the smoke round part in his tank Tetris grid beforehand, I use the smoke round where those loathsome twins are standing once they approach the Hafen, and then I had a Shocktrooper headshot them. The smoke round will prevent the girl from turning around and shooting you, letting you walk up to her backside and fill her head with lead and she won't try dodging it because it counts as a surprise attack. 

I like this map overall, but the turn 1 ambush and and the twins endlessly respawning were not to my liking.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

It’s a farming game but more, so I’ll see how this one goes... I must confess, my only experience with the genre before was a tiny bit of a Harvest Moon where you’re in the sky or something.

Sounds like Harvest Moon: Skytree Village then.

That, by the way, isn't TRUE Bokujo Monogatari. Which to explain... 

• Marvelous Entertainment owns the franchise which in Japanese is known as Bokujo Monogatari, which translates as "Ranch Story" and is contracted to "Bokumono". They acquired the franchise after they bought its creator Victor Interactive Software, all the way back in 2003. 
  • Victor Interactive, and later Marvelous, agreed to let all the games be published and translated into English by Natsume, who chose "Harvest Moon" as the franchise's English name.
  • In 2014, Marvelous chose to abandon using Natsume for publishing and translating Bokumono aboard, opting instead for Xseed Games, which is owned by Marvelous.
  • Natsume was not happy about this, and did not give Marvelous the rights to the "Harvest Moon" title, nor any of the old translations.
  • As a result, Marvelous had to create a new name for the franchise outside of Japan, they chose "Story of Seasons". In Japan, the birthplace of the franchise, nothing changed, nothing at all, because Natsume had nothing to do with that.
  • Natsume got desperate after this, Bokujo Monogatari was their one major moneymaker, now it was gone. And so, after more than a decade of translating farming simulators, and doing nothing more than that, they decided to create their own. The name? "Harvest Moon"! -Except, thats all they have, they may own the classic franchise's English name, but they don't own the classic games themselves.
    • So in other words, Natsume is trying to sell you on name-brand-recognition. Except, the product is totally fake, it isn't related to what people know as the original farming simulator franchise. It'd be like Nintendo losing the rights to the name "Nintendo Switch" to a cookware company, which then tries to sell you a "Nintendo Switch Omega", don't fall for it.

To be fair, the original development team and its leaders who made the iconic older Bokumono games have all long left Marvelous pretty much. The programmers who make Bokumono now didn't do a program a pixel for the SNES originator, so why hold Marvelous in higher regard when neither they nor Natsume have any of the ancestral crew? You could argue this, but Natsume is absolutely being deceptive here, and Bokumono overall is still critically held as being higher quality than Natsume's knockoffs. Although Stardew Valley has in the eyes of some gamers rendered BOTH Marvelous and Natsume obsolete, because Stardew Valley is the ultimate farming sim that shall never possibly be surpassed.

TL;DR Don't buy "Harvest Moon", buy Story of Seasons (or Rune Factory!), if thou seekst a farming sim not Stardew Valley.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

TL;DR Don't buy "Harvest Moon", buy Story of Seasons (or Rune Factory!), if thou seekst a farming sim not Stardew Valley.

Noted, but I didn’t seek it out or anything, someone else just had it lying around and I tried it.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Noted, but I didn’t seek it out or anything, someone else just had it lying around and I tried it.

Well, I just felt like getting the franchise name imbroglio thats mandatory for any potential player of the first farming franchise to know about out of my system well in advance.😅

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

So uh... I beat endgame. Who died you may ask?

Sophie

Mozu

Beruka

Soleil

Siegbert

Leo

Xander

Ignatius

Kana

...oops......

I am a bit late to this one, but congrats! Don't feel that bad about the death, percentage wise my Lunatic run ended as more of a bloodbath (I was only deploying 10 units for the run... and only 4 survived...two unexpectedly so thanks to one lucky dodge...). I honestly think Conquest endgame was balanced with unit death in mind...

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Won't work here xD

There are Magical units there that will kill Xander, not to mention seal defense, Lunge and High speed (for my tanks anyway), and Basara's blocking the stairs meany i can't sorround them like i did on normal and hard haha

I could do some rescue tactics, but i wanna save the rescue staves for, ya know, the upcoming chapters xD

Although i do have some idea in mind, but as i said, rest first.

Might even continue tomorrow xD

An entrap staff goes a long way in making the taking of the stairs more doable on Lunatic, as those Basara can be dragged off the stairs with it. If you don't have any you could also go the more expensive route and spend a Rescue use to kill one...If you can get Ophelia to level 15 (or she already is) with those troops advancing on you, that bowbreaker skill makes the scaling of the wall at least easier to deal with...

1 hour ago, Benice said:

YES! Finally finished HHM! Now I just need to catch my LP up to that...

And I've gotta say, the ending was just perfect. I died laughing at my results. Oh man...

Congrats. Hopefully that cursed run hasn't ruined the FE7 experience too much for you. Which reminds me, I need to go respond to your new update (and finish an update in my own LP...)

13 hours ago, Sooks said:

Soleil from the same game does that.

I never got her in Fates, so good to know.

Anyways congrats for beating this game!

I remember final map ended in a massacre for me too; the half cast died.

11 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Managing soil is a big mechanic in this game for sure. It has stats, and soon you'll learn how to manage all that. Granted, you can afford to not pay extensive attention to it, but if you really want high quality crops, it will become paramount. You'll get tutorial of it soon enough.

Good to know!

I'd say, this part of the plot is just so hilarious when you play with the female protagonist. It's somewhat excusable with the male one, but the whole "mistaken for royalty" becomes borderline dumb when they know they're expecting a prince... so of course they think the woman that suddenly showed up has to be the prince...ss. It would've been neat if Arthur had a female counterpart for this scenario route, but... haha, still funny.

That's cool actually. Will watch it for the male protagonist route.

Some Quests auto-complete if you've done what they ask you before taking them, but others will require you do the action after you accept them.

Apparently walking also gives a boost since I have got several skill ups. Haven't checked out yet what they do.

Probably will continue the game only in the weekend since I have barely time during week.

If I should have left a free minute, I'll continue Nights of Azure 2.

Edited by Kasumi Yoshizawa

2 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

That's cool actually. Will watch it for the male protagonist route.

Ah, no, he doesn't. I meant it'd be neat if he had one, but it's just him for both cases.

3 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Apparently walking also gives a boost since I have got several skill ups. Haven't checked out yet what they do.

Ah, yes, you'll find RF employs quite the variety of things to use as skills. You'll soon find about the others.

29 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

so I took a look inside the data of Xenosaga III and... wow, not what I expected at all.

Normally I've some interest in unused content, but here, since I've yet to play XS, I'll have to pass. And, if there was anything that notable, I would've expected Armagon to mention it offhand once or twice by now. I can't imagine significant scraps of a less-compacted XS Ep. III would be in the data.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Congrats. Hopefully that cursed run hasn't ruined the FE7 experience too much for you.

I didn't enjoy it that much, but the absolute train wreck that it ended up being made it all the more better, as did the LP process. Finding the actually really good parts of the story was also nice.

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Which reminds me, I need to go respond to your new update

No pressure!

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

and finish an update in my own LP...

The Berwick one? Woo hoo!

Oh yeah, finished Breath of the Wild on Master mode! Every shrine, a lot of sidequests, our own house, Tarrey town built, every memory and 150 Koroks! Oh, and 63 diamonds.

It was a really, really fun ride! I love BotW a lot. Exploring the world and seeing amazing things was a highlight all the time and puzzling the story together and going for redemption was really good. Overall superb. It doesn't quite hold a candle to Skyward Sword, but nothing does really to me, so that's barely a critism. Still, I wish that motion controls would make a return as an option to a Zelda game.

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, Benice said:

The Berwick one? Woo hoo!

Not quite yet on that one, the much older Awakening one. I am still considering whether or not to trade my kingdom for a horse in Berwick saga...I mean it gives +1 mov, it might be worth all the gold. I have...hmm.....and if I do get it should it go to the Lord that needs to seize and might need the extra move to flee into a survivable space, or the Jeigan to jump into dire straights to save our ass, or one of the units that can go into the side chapters....should I depoly the horse mover next mandatory chapter to save on the expense of a crappy horse? ....so many choice all for a horse...

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I am still considering whether or not to trade my kingdom for a horse in Berwick saga...I mean it gives +1 mov, it might be worth all the gold. I have...hmm.....and if I do get it should it go to the Lord that needs to seize and might need the extra move to flee into a survivable space, or the Jeigan to jump into dire straights to save our ass, or one of the units that can go into the side chapters....should I depoly the horse mover next mandatory chapter to save on the expense of a crappy horse? ....so many choice all for a horse...

Oh, you got a Liga Courser at chapter 3?! Daaaaaaaannnnggg...

If you get it, you're definitely gonna run into some broadhead arrows.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh, you got a Liga Courser at chapter 3?! Daaaaaaaannnnggg...

If you get it, you're definitely gonna run into some broadhead arrows.

Technically its an Ishs Courser and I am waiting at the end of Chapter 2 thinking about buying it before the selection changes next chapter...