Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

It took over a week of time travelling to recruit this ninja into my team. Goodness, IntSys, was that really necessary? I captured the guy, let me use him!

Anyway, with that I'm ready for the final chapters. Let's go see what Iago has in store for us.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It took over a week of time travelling to recruit this ninja into my team. Goodness, IntSys, was that really necessary? I captured the guy, let me use him!

Anyway, with that I'm ready for the final chapters. Let's go see what Iago has in store for us.

good Luck and enjoy!

Some tips:

• The game doesn't tell you this, but Iago rotates his staff use
  • don't bother with the left room unless Ninja Luigi has A rank Shuriken
  • pull out your entraps!

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good luck, as that one can get a bit intense at times

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
  • don't bother with the left room unless Ninja Luigi has A rank Shuriken

His shuriken rank only matters on Normal mode, in Hard mode and above the chest always contains the Spy Shuriken. The English wiki's are missing that detail, and I had to dig up obscure reference to a Japanese site on this forum to find somewhere that mentions it...

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Anyway, @lightcosmo: Sorry I couldn't be of help to you. In my experience, the equipment you can buy in the shops is enough to beat each chapter.
Then again, I was pretty overlevelled, so I don't how much help I can be in the first place.
As for Neptune statistically, I personally found her only issue to be her rather weak Magic Defense (which Blanc "inherited" from her in Megadimension). Her other stats are pretty good Just boost her Agility a bit and you're good to go! (Also spam Neptune Break, if you have it).

I must just be bad then. Xd Yeah, i realised right away Nep break was game breaking, haha. Does it delay?

3 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

His shuriken rank only matters on Normal mode, in Hard mode and above the chest always contains the Spy Shuriken. The English wiki's are missing that detail, and I had to dig up obscure reference to a Japanese site on this forum to find somewhere that mentions it...

Huh TIL.

Tbh i never bothered with that room in higher difficulties xD

Always went the maid room

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

XD

He and Tamamo are Team Sarcasm, according to Mint Archer Robin Hood.

Tamamo and Archer would kinda get along. Both are Housewives, after all xD

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Does it delay?

Yup! So does Blanc's Exe-break

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

I must just be bad then. Xd

Nah, the game can get pretty tough. I got stuck at quite a few points myself, even if I did a lot of grinding. Don't put yourself down!

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yeah, i realised right away Nep break was game breaking, haha. Does it delay?

Yep! That's what makes it so amazing!
Well that, and the damage it deals. In my experience, the only EXE Drive skill that outdamages Neptune Break is Noire's, and that's only because her passive makes her ignore resistances.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Tamamo and Archer would kinda get along. Both are Housewives, after all xD

XD
They do get along pretty well in Extella Link, all things considered. Whenever they are in a scene, it's instant gold. XD

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Well that, and the damage it deals. In my experience, the only EXE Drive skill that outdamages Neptune Break is Noire's, and that's only because her passive makes her ignore resistances.

iirc Neptune's ability also ignores the 9999 damage limit. With others you have to unlock the plan first

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

They do get along pretty well in Extella Link, all things considered. Whenever they are in a scene, it's instant gold. XD

Is there a Fate/Stay in the Kitchen scene between them?

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Tbh i never bothered with that room in higher difficulties xD

Always went the maid room

Yeah, the mage and maid room is generally easier, although I did take the Stoneborn and faceless path on the Lunatic Run where I didn't allow any unit be attacked while in guard stance, mostly so I could have an easier time against the Berserkers and Generals that come after.

iirc Neptune's ability also ignores the 9999 damage limit. With others you have to unlock the plan first

True!
You can get this ability to Noire as well, even without the plan/disc, if you give her the right partner. I think either Tekken or Marvy give this passive, but I could be remembering it wrong.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Is there a Fate/Stay in the Kitchen scene between them?

Sadly, no. xD

You can get this ability to Noire as well, even without the plan/disc, if you give her the right partner. I think either Tekken or Marvy give this passive, but I could be remembering it wrong

That requires raising the Lily rank though, which is a pain in the ass

Yeah, the mage and maid room is generally easier, although I did take the Stoneborn and faceless path on the Lunatic Run where I didn't allow any unit be attacked while in guard stance, mostly so I could have an easier time against the Berserkers and Generals that come after.

but wouldn't facing the stoneborn be more of a pain without def stance?

That requires raising the Lily rank though, which is a pain in the ass

True enough!
Though... I don't know if you need to get it all that high. I know I didn't get above Lily rank... 4, I think with any character when I played the game, and I could use a partner for Noire who enabled her to break the damage limit.

Or maybe I got her a disc with that ability on it? I... am honestly not sure anymore. xD

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah i never reached that outside of the starting peeps iirc XD

XD
I think I reached it with my main group back then, since I did a bunch of grinding.
But it wasn't until Re;Birth 2 when I saw my first maxed Lily Rank.
I swear it's faster in R;B2 than it is in the first game. Not by much, perhaps, but I felt I had a much easier time increasing Lily Ranks there.

But it's definitely fastest in Megadimension, where I maxed everyone's Lily Rank with everyone.

Edited by DragonFlames

And Torna will arrive tomorrow!

Time to get ready

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

But it's definitely fastest in Megadimension, where I maxed everyone's Lily Rank with everyone.

dedication

not even there i was able to reach that XD

Although higher than in every other game

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

dedication

not even there i was able to reach that XD

That's what happens when a trophy is tied to something that is determined by RNG, namely the CPU Chips and those cards therein. One trophy requires you to get all of them.
And that took a bit, so... I told myself "you know what? If you already 100% everything, including getting all characters to level 999, why not max Lily Ranks, too?". And... yeah. xD

Though admittedly, I did speed it along by strategically pairing up Nepgear and Compa with people as well as having four discs with high Lily Rank Increase Up chips on them equipped on the four active party members.

That's the kind of stuff you'll only see me do for my absolute favorite games. xD

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

but wouldn't facing the stoneborn be more of a pain without def stance?

The issue with the Berserkers and Generals was with their effective weapons, without defense stance I couldn't tank them long enough to really enemy phase the whole group of them, and they are close enough that if I player phased them, the other group would kill someone with their effective weapons. By approaching from the stoneborn/faceless side I could take advantage of the Berserkers higher move to draw them back far enough that the generals would then be too far back to kill any of the units that player phased the Berserkers. Plus there were a few tricks to making the stone born easier, first while they don't move before you open the door, they will attack, which let me strategically debuff some of them with dragon hex before opening the door. Second by using a lot of shelter and dancer combos I could open the door while pulling my army back, and leave a unit across the wall to distract most of the stoneborn from charging my army as a whole, that way I could clear out the faceless without having to worry about the stoneborn, and then deal with the stoneborn after that point. If you are curious for the nitty gritty details, in the spoiler tag below is an excerpt from a write-up I did of that run

Spoiler

Chapter 26 - Lets start with the preps, we have a +1 strength, +1 defense, +1 luck meal for all Nohrians, a strength tonic on Effie to break doors with Javalins, and magic tonic on Ophelia to let her one round stoneborns with lightning before leveling. The first step is to have Effie break the door and use shelter and dancing strats to drag everyone out of Hexing rod range. The 4 heroes are charging so I have Effie and Silas hold the chokepoints created by the torches, and have Beruka's dual club swordbreaker combo to lure in some of the wyrmslayers and block off an extra space in the back of the room. After surviving that they are no longer protected by the hexing rod and we wipe them out on player phase. Next I use Niles to kill the hexing rod on one of Iago's silence staff turns, and try to shelter staff everyone to safety, but Effie has to be left in both Iago's staff range and a Hero's range. This draws in the last of the Hero's who die on the turn after as I do not want to have to deal with staffs. The next silence staff turn is the next time to act as Effie Javalin's the door to the eternal stairway part 2: curse of the eternal staff, and Peri trades equips her a blessed lance to enemy phase the first faceless, and everyone piles in behind those two to get past Iago's staff range next turn & Ophelia gets danced to avoid Iago's silence and hide just north of Effie. Next turn the other faceless dies, Ophelia lightning kills the stoneborn (thankfully those inside the next room do not move til the door opens) and get everyone outside Iago's staff range and the non moving stoneborn range. The next phase was such a delicate maneuver that I had to map it out on paper, The big things are Corrin uses 2 turns to Dragoon hex debuff the 2 nearest stoneborn from their range before we start the maneuver (to prevent the scenario that they set up their attack order right with the 2 poisoners striking first and have all the stone born hit Corrin they could kill him). On a Iago freeze turn, first Beruka rally's everyone that will stay in stone born range, Corrin blocks the stoneborn reinforcement and ensure that 3 of the stoneborn will head north and be 2 turns behind the charge of faceless, Effie Javalin's open the door, Silas shelters her, Azura dances Silas, Peri shelters Azura, Niles transfers then swaps to let Azura dance Peri, Felicia transfer Niles away from Azura switches and separates such that Niles could possibly receive 2 debuffed stoneborn hits with demoiselle plus Inspiration plus defense rally boost, and Felicia could face one with lilypoise, inspiration, defense rally boost. Peri goes back a few spaces and shelter Azura again (Peri's final position has potentially 2 debuffed stoneborn hits with defense rally plus inspiration boost), then Opheila transfers and separates Azura to safety leaving her in range of 1 debuffed stoneborn hit with defense rally and horse spirit. With only Niles in stoneborn kill range (and only if the poisoner acts first, and both him despite his effective 77 avoid with supports, but make a note to give him a defense or health tonic if I reset), they split their fire anyway, and next turn we flee through Iago's silence staff and the following turn back to the starting room to prepare my defense. The first step is to draw the only stoneborn that is keeping pace to enter the nearest space he can killed from range inside the room, and them killing him with Ophelia. With that dealt with I use Effies to enemy phase 2 of them with the blessed lance with solid attack stance and some defensive buffs, and then finish the rest off on player phase. I bait another Stoneborn into a ranged Ophelia death (with sheltering strats afterward to keep people alive), the rest die to my team dog piling them. To deal with the entrap staff in the corner, I get enough cavalry to the other side of her range that I can slay the door the staff and the faceless on one player phase, while starting outside staff range. The next step is to breakdown the door to the berserker and general room. I know reinforcements are coming, but much to my frustration, despite a thorough searching of youtube I cannot find any footage of anyone taking this route on lunatic conquest, so I have to rely on questionably accurate wiki descriptions for what is spawning where and for how long. I split my forces, Effie the master of unlocking, the shelterers Silas and Peri, Azura the dancer, and Felicia in case I need healing will breakdown the doors while the rest wait to ambush reinforcements. The entire reason I took this route is to take advantage of the difference in enemy movement rates to create a comfortable gap between the berserkers and generals. I start by breaking the door on an Iago hexing rod turn, and shelter start everyone out of freeze range. Next turn my team to deal with reinforcements wipes out the 3 faceless and stoneborn that spawned near the northern stairs, while the door breakers are fleeing (and drawing an enfeeble staff as the outpace the enemy). Next turn is a little tight for spacing as my whole team re brought back together and avoid the range of the enemies from the south (including 3 new faceless and a stoneborn from the stairs near the middle) and Iago's freeze range. Finally we flee through the silence staff use and the following turn reach the safety of the starting area, and its lack of staffs. As the enemies approach I lure the stoneborn into that same nearest space so many have died at this chapter, and freeze the general that sarted near the healers to let him join the other generals. As the group is partway into Iago's range I bait the lead berserker with a Tomahawk to die to Felicia's flame shuriken (with a Corrin attack stance, plus defense rally for survival), and the next turn I bait in the next berserker into an enemy phase death to Corrin's dragon stone with a solid magic attack stance, before finishing off the other 3 Berserkers and 3 faceless on player phase. Dealing with the generals takes a bit longer as I trick those with range into dying from the other side of a wall with a defensive lure, and magic range plus dance and/or shelter on player phase. The generals die before too long. I have saved the last entrap staff for Hans, and with it he is trivial to defeat (although I save a shelter use to pull Elise out of the range of enemies on the other side of a wall that she entered to entrap Hans). Hans friends charge and are easily dispatched, and with 2 Berserker and General reinforcements I almost take them in the faceless/stoneborn room, but end up playing it safe by returning to the chamber in which I do not have to worry about staffs just in case. With everything else I have to deal with immobile the rest is easy, although I do bait in two of the mages into range battle into Iago's room to cap my last units level (plus I needed time to loot the room anyway), until seizing with an entirely cap level party.

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That's the kind of stuff you'll only see me do for my absolute favorite games. xD

True Dedication

I could take advantage of the Berserkers higher move to draw them back far enough

But wouldn't you then risk getting critted coupled with their abnormally high ATK? Although you could rely on their low hit compensate if you have an evasive Mage/Sword user

7 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

until seizing with an entirely cap level party.

oh wow!

That's not something i see often!

Ayup! xD

Speaking of favorite games...
My next goal for when I feel a bit better is an Arnice solo run of Nights of Azure.
That's either gonna be lots of fun... or hell on Earth. xD

On highest difficulty!

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Part of that was it was that I was only deploying 10 units...

Oh! 

Wow, i can't even imagine doing conquest with only 10 units xD

On highest difficulty!

I would if I could, of course, but Nights of Azure 1 doesn't have selectable difficulties.
It should still be hard enough, though, since I won't have a healer... at all. xD

The second game does, but I think a solo run of that is impossible, since you are required to always have someone with you.