• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

24 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Mega Rayquaza and Dynamax. And probably Baton Pass.

"Probably" Baton Pass? Any particular aspect of the newer meta that's lead to that being considered?

I knew it always had a thing in the meta, but what's caused this to come up?

34 minutes ago, Dayni said:

"Probably" Baton Pass? Any particular aspect of the newer meta that's lead to that being considered?

I knew it always had a thing in the meta, but what's caused this to come up?

It was a serious pain in the ass to deal with; you could not have a good match-up against Baton Pass without being vulnerable to other threats in the metagame. 

...but as it turns out, seems no action was taken about Baton Pass in generation 8. I know for a fact, however, that it was a serious concern in generation 6 and 7, to the point where it was banned from Ubers in the latter. Long story short, with it, any mon with Stored Power or Power Trip, which have a power proportional to how many boosts the user accumulated, would turn into an unstoppable killing machine. Even aside from that, however, stopping the chain was pretty much based on luck.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Well, took quite a while, but now for a change I'm not writing something FE related. It's a LoZ thing, because surprise surprise, ideas flood in but only drip out...

44 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, took quite a while, but now for a change I'm not writing something FE related. It's a LoZ thing, because surprise surprise, ideas flood in but only drip out...

So, is the floor mostly what you would call lackluster or bad, or do you just spend a lot of time on them individually for them all to be used?

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So, is the floor mostly what you would call lackluster or bad, or do you just spend a lot of time on them individually for them all to be used?

The floor?

I don't quite get what you mean. I sometimes don't spend time on them at all. Most ideas I get never get written, as it were.

33 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The floor?

I don't quite get what you mean. I sometimes don't spend time on them at all. Most ideas I get never get written, as it were.

The flood, referring to what you called a flood of ideas. One letter off, and it’s a whole new word...

I was, trying to, ask why most ideas never get written.

Edited by Sooks

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The flood, referring to what you called a flood of ideas. One letter off, and it’s a whole new word...

I was, trying to, ask why most ideas never get written.

Oh, I see.

Well... usually that happens because... I have stage fright when it comes to writing. Even if what I write doesn't get read by anyone other than myself. I don't know, I just get too anxious to have them exist someplace other than my mind. It's a problem I've slowly chipped away through the years. What I've uploaded, I wouldn't have dared to do it back then. And before that, not even have it written. That's why, I stick with what I'm already working with, only occasionally writing new stuff.

Though sometimes even I get frustrating with it. That's why I ended up writing that newest idea. Because I had the craving to write for something else for a change. I've been writing that FE stuff since like... midway through 2019. That I'm now writing for something else is a big achievement for me...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That I'm now writing for something else is a big achievement for me...

Then congratulations are in order! Congratulations! I hope you can keep up improving at that.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Then congratulations are in order! Congratulations! I hope you can keep up improving at that.

Haha, I suppose. That said, the theme of the story isn't too different, so I'm not branching out that far. Still, it's something I guess.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Ummmm, yeah? 

It's a joke about the games/company Falcom represents
She represents Adol from the Ys games while having Estelle's VA from Trails

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

So, statistically, Neptune is god awful in this game. She is so much better in Megadimension.

She's one of your best characters actually due to her superb buffs and the Top Tier equipment she gets later on

Edited by Shrimperor

44 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It's a joke about the games/company Falcom represents
She represents Adol from the Ys games while having Estelle's VA from Trails

She's one of your best characters actually due to her superb buffs and the Top Tier equipment she gets later on

Ah, okay.

I didn't mean that she was bad as a character, just that for the statistical average, she doesn't impress. 

The stat multiplier buff is broken, though.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Misclicking in Fates makes me wish I had divine pulse.

Hey, I occasionally restart on turn 1 because i screwed up during prep.

TFW the beta version of the song is better than the final version.

I mean, there's a different vibe to each song but I like the beta version more.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Misclicking in Fates makes me wish I had divine pulse.

Ngl, part of the reason I'm hesitant on revisiting Conquest is because the lack of stuff like that. SoV and Three Houses have Rewind. Radiant Dawn and Genealogy have battle saves (not that I'd ever replay Genealogy but you get the point). And most Fire Emblem games would be played emulated so I'd just make a save state every turn.

Hello, everybody!
I missed some stuff, it seems, but I needed my sleep.

Anyway, @lightcosmo: Sorry I couldn't be of help to you. In my experience, the equipment you can buy in the shops is enough to beat each chapter.
Then again, I was pretty overlevelled, so I don't how much help I can be in the first place.
As for Neptune statistically, I personally found her only issue to be her rather weak Magic Defense (which Blanc "inherited" from her in Megadimension). Her other stats are pretty good Just boost her Agility a bit and you're good to go! (Also spam Neptune Break, if you have it).

And for Fate talk... well, since I am on a Musou trip right now, it should come as no surprise that I also dipped my toes into Fate Extella Link again (best damn Musou game, hands down). 
And my most played characters are... Tamamo, Elizabeth, Karna, Altera, and Archer (Nameless/Emiya/Strawberry, whatever you wanna call him), in that order... Neat!

That aside, some of the interactions between characters are downright hilarious, for example, this gem between Nameless and Gil:
OhxKZmE.jpg
XD

On a different note, my personal, quite meaningless, award for "best soundtrack in a Musou game" goes to Dynasty Warriors 7, hands down.
Granted, I never played that one, however... I've been listening to the soundtrack due to some themes from it being in Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate (which is lacking the very best ones, sadly), and I gotta say... with how amazing most Musou game OSTs are... DW7 blows them all out of the water.
Example:

It says 6, because the Japanese numbering system for the Dynasty Warriors games are different. Their "Shin Sangoku Musou 6" is our Dynasty Warriors 7.