• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Takashi is lightyears above Inafune in importance to his IP, because he has actually been on board for all of his IP (except Ep. II?)

Episode II is an enigma because iirc, Takahashi wasn't onboard for that one (even though it more-or-less continued the story he set up in Episode I) but he was onboard for the DS remake, which tells the intended version of Episode II's story (and Episode I's but it was primarily meant to "fix" Episode II).

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

That and even if you consider using it without chain attacks, it's animation is sooooo slow.

Ehh, slow startup isn't really an issue for anything that isn't Shaker Edge.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Also, just checked around for Xenosaga episode III copies... 220$?

Yikes.

I remember seeing a copy of Episode III for like $40(?) at a local game store once. 

Made some progress in DQV. Reached an area called the Faerie Lea. It's a pretty area with really pretty music.
Also, I got a new team member in the form of a cute little kitten that looks more like a tiger cub than an actual cat. Its official name is "Saber", but since that reminds me of a certain other "Saber" (or "Sabers", rather) and that would make the rest of the game kinda weird, I had the game choose a different name. Thus, my little furball friend is now called Leo.

30 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Made some progress in DQV. Reached an area called the Faerie Lea. It's a pretty area with really pretty music.
Also, I got a new team member in the form of a cute little kitten that looks more like a tiger cub than an actual cat. Its official name is "Saber", but since that reminds me of a certain other "Saber" (or "Sabers", rather) and that would make the rest of the game kinda weird, I had the game choose a different name. Thus, my little furball friend is now called Leo.

Alright Gawain.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, the old "Names the Same" huh.

Yep. Whenever the name Saber would come up in the story, all I would think about would either be this

MFfwi9.jpg

her many variations, or the guy from Echoes.
That's why I chose a different name for the little guy.

Edited by DragonFlames

Eh, I forgot about the guy from Echoes. His design was neat, but his personality was meh. 

Of course, when I heard the name Gawain I immediately thought of both Greil and the character from the Arthurian story.

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

life experiences are cheaper still. 

Lol

Happy Birthday, our resident Cat!

Today on Shrimpy tries japanese SRPG games: Mary and The Philosopher's Forest (according to google-kun)

A 4 chapter game with your ''lords'' being a Witch and Sword lady(?)

Spoiler

iucfDZ9.png
tIr2uuP.png

What makes this fangame different are 2 things:

1) Taking the 'fantasy' setting to the max, as you see here, with all different kind of units and stuff

Spoiler

nNvzbdX.png

Yes, that's a 4 range flying enemy mage

2) Your only actual units are the lords. The rest you get are Mercenaries you buy, and there are 3 types of these

• Lone strong units, like a strong dancer with solid stats, or a healer with all kind of healing magic
  • A ''Commander'' and 2 Units. The commander supports the 2 units and gives them major support bonuses
  • 5 weak units who support each other.

Some nifty cool ideas there

Happy birthday, @WeAreNewcastle1053, @mangasdeouf and @Mylady! Hope you're having a good one!

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Today on Shrimpy tries japanese SRPG games: Mary and The Philosopher's Forest (according to google-kun)

A 4 chapter game with your ''lords'' being a Witch and Sword lady(?)

Reveal hidden contents

iucfDZ9.png
tIr2uuP.png

What makes this fangame different are 2 things:

1) Taking the 'fantasy' setting to the max, as you see here, with all different kind of units and stuff

Reveal hidden contents

nNvzbdX.png

Yes, that's a 4 range flying enemy mage

2) Your only actual units are the lords. The rest you get are Mercenaries you buy, and there are 3 types of these

• Lone strong units, like a strong dancer with solid stats, or a healer with all kind of healing magic
  • A ''Commander'' and 2 Units. The commander supports the 2 units and gives them major support bonuses
  • 5 weak units who support each other.

Some nifty cool ideas there

Looks neat!

The witch girl's name is Marie, the sword girl seems to be a Spirit according to what I think is her class. Maybe she's witch girl's familiar?
Her name I can't exactly make sense of, though. "Kuriyuseisu", is what the katakana read there.

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The witch girl's name is Marie, the sword girl seems to be a Spirit according to what I think is her class. Maybe she's witch girl's familiar?
Her name I can't exactly make sense of, though. "Kuriyuseisu", is what the katakana read there.

Maybe it's Creuset.

Then again, the only Creuset I know uses a different Katakana.

But perhaps the one making the game thought different?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

22 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Your only actual units are the lords. The rest you get are Mercenaries you buy,

If you like that kind of stuff, I would recommend giving Berwick Saga a try, actually. It's got a lot of neat stuff like that.

Because Kaga always does it first.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ehh, slow startup isn't really an issue for anything that isn't Shaker Edge.

I remember seeing a copy of Episode III for like $40(?) at a local game store once. 

Well, you can get off one back slash and air slash before eater is finished. That's like, 100,000 damage lost because water is so slow. endgame, of course.

You didn't buy it?! Are you mad!?

399090734361214976.png?v=1

Playing Xenoblade so much is putting some FE map idea into my head... xD

A map i will never make, like every map i ever thought of. I can't hack and too lazy xD

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

So I didn't read that wrong. Phew...

Trust yourself more XD

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

If you like that kind of stuff, I would recommend giving Berwick Saga a try, actually. It's got a lot of neat stuff like that.

It depends. This is a short game about 2 characters, so i don't mind it much tbh. I usually want to develop my own units though in longer games.

Also Berwick is something i don't think i will every try. Hexagon tiles aside, from what i seen and heard, the hitrates in general are verrrrrrrrrrrrrry low.

Edited by Shrimperor

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maybe it's Creuset.

Could be. Though it would have to be something closer to Creuseth, since it ends in a "Su" syllable.

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Trust yourself more XD

You're right. I should really learn to do that.

---

qZe26AP.png

Dafuq did I just read?