Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Have you rescued Nia yet?

Yup, this one's Nia's. I'm just about to leave the Titan ship!

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Meanwhile in my recent playthrough, I was halfway through the game before I got five rare Blades...

F

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Yup, this one's Nia's. I'm just about to leave the Titan ship!

That's good, Nia can Launch with Knuckle Claws (which is Adenine's weapon type) so that makes the Driver Combo easier for you. I don't remember if it's a default art or if you have to switch it in, so you should check when you get the chance.

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I don't remember if it's a default art or if you have to switch it in, so you should check when you get the chance.

I think it's default, 'cause I'm bad at remembering to check skills, but I had that one...

Also, Inquisitor lady has two swords of the creator.

LnMzMDv.png

I hope they're just as suck as the TH version of them.

EDIT:

Spoiler

SMH A CUTSCENE LOSS AFTER SHE GOT DEFEATED BY A LEVEL EIGHT DRIVER

EDIT2: Okay, semi-cutscene loss

Edited by Benice

I forgot to mention that I finished all of my Governor’s School stuff! Hooray! Now it just lies in the hands of the admissions people... my odds aren’t good tbh 😬.

Adenine is a good girl

Even if her heart to heart events are hella expensive xD

56k for a book...

Well i have the money to waste, but still...

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Sooks said:

F for Xenoblade

To be fair, it does tip the scales in your favor, and there's no "Buy with real money" currency. It would suck for completionists, though.

22 minutes ago, Benice said:

SMH A CUTSCENE LOSS AFTER SHE GOT DEFEATED BY A LEVEL EIGHT DRIVER

Tbf, the point wasn't really to win, but rather, escape. Which they did. Even turned the tables a bit.

"I see this as an absolute win" -Professor Hulk

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Well i have the money to waste, but still...

That and money is a non-issue once you gain access to Gold Cylinders.

Speaking of spending loads of money, have you gotten Sheba yet? You can get her in the Torigoth Market next to the Aux Core shop there iirc. Her Core costs 500,000.

And on the subject of garuanteed Blades, talk to a Nopon named RazzlyDazzly in Argentum where the Maelstrom is docked. He'll give you some info that triggers the condition for a certain monster to appear when you go salvaging in Chansagh Wastes in Mor Ardain (purposely fail the QTEs here and use Normal Cylinders for highest chance), which will drop the Lucky Core Crystal upon defeat.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

F for Xenoblade

Yeah, like Benice said, it really isn't that bad at all. Not to mention it makes sense within the lore of the game.

And if you really wanted to, you can absolutely beat the game using garuanteed Blades only. Though I wouldn't recommend it for a first playthrough.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

It would suck for completionists, though.

Eh. Only KOS-MOS is a bitch to get on account of having the absolute lowest appearance rate.

Though the real asshole for completionists is Ursula's Blade Quest.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Tbf, the point wasn't really to win, but rather, escape. Which they did. Even turned the tables a bit.

I got to see Rex slap Tora, it was worth it.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Speaking of spending loads of money, have you gotten Sheba yet? You can get her in the Torigoth Market next to the Aux Core shop there iirc. Her Core costs 500,000

I have alot of money, but not enough to waste all my money buying a core crystal xD

And i don't wanna gold cylinder abuse xD

speaking about money, do i gain anything from sending money back to the village?

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And on the subject of garuanteed Blades, talk to a Nopon named RazzlyDazzly in Argentum where the Maelstrom is docked. He'll give you some info that triggers the condition for a certain monster to appear when you go salvaging in Chansagh Wastes in Mor Ardain (purposely fail the QTEs here and use Normal Cylinders for highest chance), which will drop the Lucky Core Crystal upon defeat.

oh thanks!

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

speaking about money, do i gain anything from sending money back to the village?

This is actually something I've never tried, haha! I'm far too greedy in games to spend a single cent like that. Nope, not happening! 

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yep. Except even when comparing it to those, it still probably ranks on the lower end.

You've probably already heard but you could deadass play Balan Wonderworld with an Atari controller. Every action can be done with any of the face buttons and you only ever have one action, unless it's a two part. When you have no abilities, the only thing you can do is jump. When you get an ability, jump is replaced by whatever the ability is.

I don't want to schadenfreude, but the whole costume thing made me wary when I first heard of this game. 60 or 80 costumes with different abilities? Sounds like too many. Able to carry only three at once? Sounds too restrictive. Recently learning you lose a costume upon being hit, have to backtrack to get them again, and that some of the costumes are basically glorified keys.🤨

This will fizzle worse than Yooka-Laylee, I'm near certain of it. I'd say it'll lay an egg, except I have an okay memory or two of the iffy Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg, and I wouldn't want to insult it.

Why are 3D platformers so hard to make unless it's Mario nowadays? Okay, Sonic has a few 3D hits, or games that were hits in their time. And on the indie scene, I've seen A Hat in Time get good reviews. But the genre's glory days were practically bound to a single era, and maybe some of the GameCube/PS2 era.

38 minutes ago, Sooks said:

F for Xenoblade

I detest actual gatcha, XC2 is not worth putting in the same category as them.

The game actually ends. It isn't all shallow fanservice for games that already exist and merely being crossover'ed in a lackluster other dimension. The paid DLC -one onetime package- -noooo "sell your credit card to Satan and buy fleeting ingame currency at exorbitant prices every month"- does includes a bunch of free Cores, but it is a one-time purchase with a lot more than that, including a short separate and complete game. And if you really wanted all the Rare Blades, you could easily farm for Cores at the end and have everyone in a few hours.

The gatcha-lite aspect just adds a bit of randomness to every playthrough of what is otherwise a full-fledged JRPG.

You could go so far as to say it's like Pokemon, but you have to work a little to get Pokeballs, and you can't see what you're throwing them at. Of course, finding certain rare Pokemon in actual Pokemon games will take a while, and legendaries will demand a lot of 'balls. Nonetheless, your starter 'mon, some common finds, and maybe a few in-game event Pokes like Eevee can get you through the whole game.

20 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

There is a sidequest it unlocks about why the money you just sent back to the village isn't actually reaching the village you should've dropped it off with Rex's aunt directly, be wary of middlemen pretending to be charities that are actually scams. But the sidequest isn't particularly special in any way I think.

Oh, and it might count as one of a handful of acts of charity for unlocking a node on a particular Rare Blade. I think Indol has another one of those charitable acts, buying cookies from a girl or something? I think the NPC has a trophy next to their name.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Recently learning you lose a costume upon being hit, have to backtrack to get them again, and that some of the costumes are basically glorified keys.🤨

Not to mention that if you ever have to backtrack to get a costume, it takes a while because movement is just slow and stiff.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why are 3D platformers so hard to make unless it's Mario nowadays? Okay, Sonic has a few 3D hits, or games that were hits in their time. And on the indie scene, I've seen A Hat in Time get good reviews. But the genre's glory days were practically bound to a single era, and maybe some of the GameCube/PS2 era

I've been wondering the same thing. Even Yooka-Laylee, which was meh, got a 2D sequel in the vein of Donkey Kong Country that was generally considered to be actually good.

It really does feel like 3D platformers has lost it's touch in the grand scheme of things.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

i see i see. Thanks!

To quickly add to what Observer said, those acts of charity register even if you don't have said Blade. So when you finally get her, if you've done enough charity acts, that node will just unlock automatically.