Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

You want people to notice that you switched computers?

No, it's just that I can hear it, and It'll bother me, but nobody else will comprehend my pain...

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

@Armagon Current 5* Blades

Spoiler

HIT9U8O.jpg
CMokWe8.jpg
+Emperor Katana dude that i pop'd right after this pic

Also i take back what i said about quest earlier on. They are much better than XB1 (tbf XB1 has like the worst quest system in the genre), true, but they are starting to annoy the living hell outta me. Every quest now makes me travel across the whole world, and many i can't even do thanks to field skill rng... (Lvl7 stuff wtf...)

Also where do i get Elma? Not in the Land of Challenge, because i didn't find any Elma there...

Til you have access to an anchor attack un tiger tiger...

Edited by Shrimperor

I just want Kevin and Whisky for christmas.

Anyways happy weekend!

Big gaming weekend has just started...

Kirby Star Allies, Atelier Ryza 2 and Lysithea Emblem will be continued.

Also grabbed Return To Dreamland which was offered for 30 Euro, so 2021 will become a big Kirby year.

Watched an episode of the Kirby Anime yesterday - was not really great (not as bad as Devil Survivor though), but I guess I would say the same about any other anime.

Anime series do not excite me at all.

16 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Also grabbed Return To Dreamland which was offered for 30 Euro, so 2021 will become a big Kirby year.

Eyy, have fun! I really loved Return to Dreamland.

5 hours ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

I shouldn't play and make videos at 5 in the morning anyways.

Reveal hidden contents

I know no one will watch it, but whatever.

ohDKCIO.jpg

Notices how the text looks in the opening crawl:

Spoiler

i-shouldnt-have-done-that-i-should-not-h

I feel like I need to make some fixes too, turns out even proofreading can make mistakes.

Just now, Dayni said:

ohDKCIO.jpg

Notices how the text looks in the opening crawl:

Reveal hidden contents

i-shouldnt-have-done-that-i-should-not-h

I feel like I need to make some fixes too, turns out even proofreading can make mistakes.

Apparently I deleted my post one second too late, lol.

I know this is...not...how this project will be released.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Eyy, have fun! I really loved Return to Dreamland.

I played it before when it came out almost ten years ago. It's the most liked Kirby game in the community and by me. Had so many great memories with this game that I want to play it again.

1 minute ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Apparently I deleted my post one second too late, lol.

I know this is...not...how this project will be released.

You realise what's in the spoiler's referring to myself right?

I feel like I still made some mistakes looking at the text.

It's ok.

I still have to check the text for the next map too (already saw plenty of mistakes and unnecessary spaces), so I could do it in a quiet minute.

I must make a new video anyways since first I failed fulfilling all objectives in chapter 1EX and I also should make a Youtube video which meets  technical standards of today (like having fullscreen). 

Though it requires me learning how to make YT videos first.

It's not that I'm not busy with other things right now...

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Also where do i get Elma? Not in the Land of Challenge, because i didn't find any Elma there...

You have to complete her challenges to unlock her!

It's called otherworldly fighter. This one unlocks her in land of challenge only.

To bring her to Alrest you have to complete Elma:Redux.

Fair warnings, this one's pretty hard, even with custom mode cheesing it can be difficult. Just... make sure that you are able to seal reinforcements... if anything.

Oh, wait, you have Corvin, nevermind! His art that allows you to dodge attacks breaks this battle pretty badly if you don't seal reinforcements quick enough.

Also other things to note, She can do a full driver combo on you.

Edited by lightcosmo

I cannot believe this was used as a miniboss theme in Star Allies.

I mean I was glad to hear it, but making this theme become a miniboss theme is just an insult.

Also Shiver Star was played for the stage, but it didn't matter since it was played for like ten second because rest of this stage was just an event theme from Star Allies.

What a waste of such amazing themes 😞

12 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Whisky would also be nice to have as well. 

Let's cheer on 24th or 25th December then.

Current 5* Blades

Nice nice.

They are much better than XB1 (tbf XB1 has like the worst quest system in the genre), true, but they are starting to annoy the living hell outta me. Every quest now makes me travel across the whole world, and many i can't even do thanks to field skill rng... (Lvl7 stuff wtf...)

Figured.

I wouldn't even have minded this if the quests had good writing in them like in X or Torna but that isn't the case. Well, Blade Quests are fine but it depends on the Blade itself too. 

You have to unlock her in the DLC menu first. Gift from Zuo 3 -> Nopon Summons 2, and then you do the Otherworldly Fighter challenge (any difficulty works). To permanently unlock Elma, you have to do Elma: Redux and your might have to Custom cheese this part because it's genuinely brutal.

This is a stage theme for some reasons.

I am a bit wondering about the music choices for certain events.

Btw still have to play this game.

Since it might not sound like that, I do enjoy this game!

The game gives a shitton of resources, but I don't mind.

The only question will be is there a 99 lives cap?

Because I have 70 lives already at maybe halfway of the game.

The only thing which confuses me are the worlds because I can't see an exact pattern.

Having a world with ice and lava levels feels off to me.

I see that Sakuna is reported to have sold 850k copies so far, means it'll likely eventually hit 1 million. Very unexpected. I'd think it to be more niche than that.

7 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Btw still need to play this game.

Haven't played Squeak Squad? 

Generally, the game is regarded as lacking in creativity and too easy even by Kirby standards. The dual screen element is a little forced too, but not burdensome in any way. That said, I do prefer it over Amazing Mirror. Amazing Mirror is too easy to lost in and doesn't have the complex copy ability movesets Super Star first invented, Squeak Squad is the game that brought complex copy abilities back after the Dark Matter Trilogy + AM + Nightmare in Dreamland did away with them. Opting for standard Kirby stages with 3 treasures each in them was better than the messy Metroidvania Amazing Mirror tried to be. So in general, I like SS.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Haven't played Squeak Squad? 

Generally, the game is regarded as lacking in creativity and too easy even by Kirby standards. The dual screen element is a little forced too, but not burdensome in any way. That said, I do prefer it over Amazing Mirror. Amazing Mirror is too easy to lost in and doesn't have the complex copy ability movesets Super Star first invented, Squeak Squad is the game that brought complex copy abilities back after the Dark Matter Trilogy + AM + Nightmare in Dreamland did away with them. Opting for standard Kirby stages with 3 treasures each in them was better than the messy Metroidvania Amazing Mirror tried to be. So in general, I like SS.

No, only watched a LP of it.

I know it's very easy, but I like gameplay like chasing the Squeaks or how they are called.

And the jazzy music is cool.

What exactly is complex copy ability?

I only differentiate between one and two copy abilities like it's the case in Kirby 64 and some kind in Star Allies.

Amazing Mirror has a similar built like the Castlevania series.

Many people liked it, but I'm not sure, if this gameplay would appeal me.

I'm kinda indifferent towards Castlevania's gameplay.

20 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

What exactly is complex copy ability?

I only differentiate between one and two copy abilities like it's the case in Kirby 64 and some kind in Star Allies.

There is no official term for what I mean. It's how I describe the difference between copy abilities in certain games, to go back to the first two games to use each kind, Kirby's Adventure and Kirby Super Star.

To use some examples:

• Kirby's Adventure- Fire lets Kirby breathe fire, thats all it does. Fireball lets Kirby ram into things as a fireball, thats all it does.
  • Kirby Super Star- Fire lets Kirby breathe fire, and turn into a fireball. Not only that, have three different fireball attacks- the ram, the rolling along the ground, midair without major movement.
  • Kirby's Adventure- Sword lets Kirby swing a sword once, you can do a midair/underwater spin, but thats it.
  • Kirby Super Star- Sword has a three-part basic combo, the midair/underwater spin, a non-spin midair attack, a dash attack, a midair down thrust, and sword beams.

Basically, "simple" copy abilities are those with one, maybe two moves. "Complex" copy abilities have a fuller set of techniques.

You might think Kirby would've gone over to complex right away, but it didn't. After Super Star, Dream Land 3 and 64 came out and stuck to simple abilities. Yes, you could alter your abilities via Animal Friends in Dream Lands 2 and 3, and you could mix together two copy abilities in 64, but each ability still only had one or two moves in their new form.

Nightmare in Dream Land used simple abilities again, which makes sense being it's a remake. The Amazing Mirror stuck to simple as well however. It is the case that Meta Knight Knightmare in NiDL and AM's Master and Smash copy abilities were complex, but these were exceptions, just like Crash, Paint and Mike are simple exceptions in Super Star.

Squeak Squad was the first game in ten years to go back to all-complex copy abilities barring the limited-use ones. And this is how copy abilities have remained since.

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Basically, "simple" copy abilities are those with one, maybe two moves. "Complex" copy abilities have a fuller set of techniques.

Ah, I understand now!

I think the only Kirby game with simple ability I have played yet, would be Dreamland 2 for me (I'm not even 100% sure if abilites had only one move).

In general the more moves, the better of course.

Though I also like combining abilities with friends or other things like the robot armor from Kirby Robobot which is the main reason it's most favorite single player Kirby game.

Dreamland 3 was a game I totally messed up in getting all the stars by having wrong friends a / o abilities along.

Edit: Apparently abilities Dreamland 2 had multiple moves, if I understood correctly.

complex copy abilities back after the Dark Matter Trilogy

Talking about Amazing Mirror and my conflict towards its gameplay:

One of the extra stages in Star Allies has some kind of Castlevania layout by having multiple doors which bring to a certain area.

I am not sure, if the layout changes or just the daytime after using doors, but the music (which was from Return To Dreamland btw) changed every time.

It confused me so much that I skipped all possible puzzles, the very first stage I skipped.

15 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Edit: Apparently abilities Dreamland 2 had multiple moves, if I understood correctly.

No, it's simple, it came before Super Star and is the start of the Dark Matter Trilogy. Animal Friends change the one move, into something else, but I don't consider that complex, since that one changed move is all you get.

16 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

In general the more moves, the better of course.

Agreed, which is why it's stayed this way now. It's fun.

17 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Though I also like combining abilities with friends or other things like the robot armor from Kirby Robobot which is the main reason it's most favorite single player Kirby game.

Return to Dream Land's Super Copy Abilities and Robobot's Robobot Armor were good ways of having brief bursts of simple copy ability fun within games that are otherwise complex. The gimmicks were a good move, though Hypernova was a little lacking.

It would be fun if they made an in-depth remake of 64 and converted all of its 36 Power Combo copy abilities into fully-fleshed out movesets. Although having separate movesets for a copy ability and itselfx2 would be redundant, so I'd rather have stuff like Needle-Needle and Stone-Stone create a stronger, temporary due to limit time or uses, copy ability.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I am genuinely curious as to what Gust can do with Atelier if they had a longer dev schedule.

I take it this means the most recent game Ryzas to the occasion for you then? Because this doesn't read with the tone of disappointment.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It would be fun if they made an in-depth remake of 64 and converted all of its 36 Power Combo copy abilities into fully-fleshed out movesets. Although having separate movesets for a copy ability and itselfx2 would be redundant, so I'd rather have stuff like Needle-Needle and Stone-Stone create a stronger, temporary due to limit time or uses, copy ability.

If Kirby gets anniversary special like Mario got last year, I'm almost 100% sure Kirby 64 will get a port for Switch.

If I have to pick three games (since Mario got three too), these are my guesses:

• Kirby 64 (simulteanously to Mario 64)
  • Kirby Air Ride (simulteanously to Mario Sunshine; the only Kirby game for Gamecube I can think of)
  • Kirby's Return To Dreamland (simulteanously to Mario Galaxy, the most popular Wii game and Epic Yarn already got a port for 3DS)

In general I prefer combined (super) powers like the robot armor way more than the super ability from Return To Dreamland or Hypernova from Triple Deluxe.

It offers a bit more challenge by forcing the play to grab the correct ability first to make use of it.

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I take it this means the most recent game Ryzas to the occasion for you then? Because this doesn't read with the tone of disappointment.

Yeah. With how pretty the game looks and how well it plays, combined with the fact that Gust took the feedback from Ryza 1 very seriously (literally all the problems I had with the previous game are not here anymore), I kinda forget that this game was made in a year, maybe less, with a small budget because Gust ain't that big.

Really makes me want to see what they can do with a longer schedule and a bigger budget.